MyAnimeList.net

Type: Manga
Volumes: Unknown
Chapters: Unknown
Status: Publishing
Published: May 18, 2010 to ?
Authors: Kujo, Karuna (Story & Art)
Serialization: GanGan Online

Score: 7.861 (scored by 2205 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top manga page.

My Info

Popular Tags

No tags found
Nov 30, 2013
naark
Aphorism
My review might contain some spoiler but I made sure it was minimal that will not affect your enjoyment while reading this manga.

*dual/split personality - Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Samurai Deeper Kyo
*powers given by school - baka to test to shoukanjuu(though this one is more of a comedy harem)
*floating island - Sora no Otoshimono,Date a Live, Magic Knight Rayearth(many animes have this)
*the usage of kanji for a certain power - Rekka no Honoo
*a certain SOMETHING that can only be seen by special persons, and it is above the sky - Virtua Fighter
*a survival theme very similar to SAO, in which you don't kill each other but read more
Mar 12, 2010
DreamingSomeday
This is more of an expansion on the synopsis rather than a true review since I've only read the first couple of chapters due to the translations being so recent. However, I hope with my "review" I can add some information that might intrigue others to read this so-far-so-good series. ^-^

STORY:
As previously stated, the story is based in a high school setting where the students must fight for survival. What we read and learn is that the high school is unknown to the majority of the public due to supernatural forces. If you can see the school floating among the clouds on an island, read more
Aug 16, 2013
DragonCactus
I started it after a search for a good psychological read. Aphorism doesn't have the most original premise--a school of horrors has been done before--but the way the story is carried out, the mix of characters, and overall arcs make it a well done manga.
Aphorism isn't an extremely gory horror, and it has good characters and a good use of their special abilities. The main character isn't amazing, but at least he's likable. Most of the characters are.
Either, it's a good read for a psychological horror.
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices