MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

SO MY FIEND JUST STARTED WATCHING ANIME..........................
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» SO MY FIEND JUST STARTED WATCHING ANIME..........................

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
02-26-12, 11:35 PM

and i randomly started her with houro musuko wandering son and she loves it. but its only 11 eps so i wanna be able to keep her into anime for longer so i need help to impress her with an amzing anime. heres the guidelines she likes highschool animes with comedy and romance( boring i know). she also wants the anime to have beautiful art and characters. know since im going to have to watch this thing with her i at least want the plot to be amazing none of the clannad crap. OH! and she will only watch the anime if its either on youtube or crunchy roll. im sorry that probs narrowed it way down too much in the choices. but plse if u can help i will be very greatful and we could possibly have another member in this community. jap subs fine too thx.

02-26-12, 11:45 PM

>none of the clannad crap.

I'm sorry, but I can't lower my standards enough to fit yours. Perhaps you should ask elsewhere. Also, what is a "fiend" and where may I acquire one? ;)

02-26-12, 11:45 PM

i know it was meant to be friend and its okay.

02-26-12, 11:47 PM

FroZen109 said:
i know it was meant to be friend and its okay.

Well, for a romance anime, I have never seen one quite like Clannad. Still, if you're looking for happy endings, I would suggest Toradora! http://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora!

Other than that, I don't think I can help you.

02-26-12, 11:59 PM

Kimi ni Todoke

02-27-12, 12:00 AM

BringDownTheSun said:

I'm sorry, but I can't lower my standards enough to fit yours. Perhaps you should ask elsewhere. Also, what is a "fiend" and where may I acquire one? ;)

Fiend = An evil spirit or demon.

My rec: Azumanga Daioh
Modified by Pankaka, 02-27-12, 12:05 AM

02-27-12, 12:09 AM

BringDownTheSun said:

God damn you fucking mad bro? Jeez.

On topic, Toradora seems like a perfect pick. She may also dig kimi ni todoke, Ano Hana, Hatsukoi Limited, and honey and clover.

02-27-12, 12:13 AM

Clous said:
BringDownTheSun said:

On topic, Toradora seems like a perfect pick. She may also dig kimi ni todoke, Ano Hana, Hatsukoi Limited, and honey and clover.

If you had any sense of your surroundings, you would know that I was poking fun at OP. That being said, they did say high school romance, and Honey and Clover is set in college.

02-27-12, 12:38 AM

BringDownTheSun said:
Clous said:
BringDownTheSun said:

If you had any sense of your surroundings, you would know that I was poking fun at OP. That being said, they did say high school romance, and Honey and Clover is set in college.

It's similar enough to mention and rather good show for the whole romantic comedy school vibe.

02-27-12, 12:52 AM

Clous said:
BringDownTheSun said:
Clous said:

It's similar enough to mention and rather good show for the whole romantic comedy school vibe.

While I can understand that point, you must remember that Honey and Clover is a Josei anime. Unless the girl he is trying to impress is older, of which I have no idea, then she might find it a little bland and drop anime altogether.

I personally didn't begin to like Honey and Clover until episode 8, when they played that certain board game. However, I could be wrong about this whole thing and it could work.

All in all, what I'm trying to say to OP is that you know the person you're trying to impress the best, and while suggestions from strangers might be helpful, make sure you research them a little before flat out risking the chance that she might not like it.

02-27-12, 12:57 AM

BringDownTheSun said:
Clous said:
BringDownTheSun said:
Clous said:

While I can understand that point, you must remember that Honey and Clover is a Josei anime. Unless the girl he is trying to impress is older, of which I have no idea, then she might find it a little bland and drop anime altogether.

I personally didn't begin to like Honey and Clover until episode 8, when they played that certain board game. However, I could be wrong about this whole thing and it could work.

All in all, what I'm trying to say to OP is that you know the person you're trying to impress the best, and while suggestions from strangers might be helpful, make sure you research them a little before flat out risking the chance that she might not like it.

Quote wars!

Granted the age of the OP, and the themes presented in wandering son that are really aimed towards more mature, adult audiences it is probably safe to assume the woman is "older" or atleast old enough to potentially enjoy josei.

02-27-12, 1:04 AM

Maison Ikkoku
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

02-27-12, 1:06 AM

@Clous Fair enough, although I stand by what I said on how he should be sure to check out the anime a little before recommending it.

02-27-12, 1:09 AM

BringDownTheSun said:
@Clous Fair enough, although I stand by what I said on how he should be sure to check out the anime a little before recommending it.

I don't disagree, but that is somewhat implied. I doubt hes a robot, as interesting as that would be.

02-27-12, 1:12 AM

@Clous Although you might be able to see why his grammar and spelling made me automatically assume he was a teenager. Still, you know what they say about assumptions...

02-27-12, 1:17 AM

The internet is a scary place my friend.

02-27-12, 1:24 AM

i am actually in my mid teens so ur right and so s my friend and yea serious themes r good wat eva

02-27-12, 1:26 AM

FroZen109 said:
i am actually in my mid teens so ur right and so s my friend and yea serious themes r good wat eva

By serious themes, we do not mean. "omg letz hav sex all day!!!11"

We mean that this anime is meant for women in their twenties and you'd need a strong amount of anime experience to fully appreciate it if you don't fit that description.

I would stick with Toradora if that's the case.

02-27-12, 1:44 AM

>Birthday April 16, 1980

FroZen109 said:

Y u troll me so?

02-27-12, 1:49 AM

I remember when I had to lie about my age to get accounts on websites. :'D Those were the days, man.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices