Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2015 7:32 AM

Mar 2014
i see a few american companies making stills, is there a special license they have or just a state buisness license?

akso, what license would one need to get in order to purchase an industrial still for personal use?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 7:33 AM

May 2013
im not quite sure what you're talking about, but you should do it illegally :D
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jan 30, 2015 7:34 AM

Mar 2014
RockChan_ said:
im not quite sure what you're talking about, but you should do it illegally :D
distillation of alcohol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2015 7:35 AM

May 2013
oh. well i have a buddy that makes his own beer and yeah i don't recall him getting any liscences or anything.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jan 30, 2015 7:40 AM
Jan 2014
RockChan_ said:
oh. well i have a buddy that makes his own beer and yeah i don't recall him getting any liscences or anything.
your buddy is not a company. Theres a difference between distillation for private and distillation for economic reasons, although I could imagine that a license is needed for both (since distillation isn't quite easy, and when you do something wrong the ramifications can be pretty damn awful)
Jan 30, 2015 7:42 AM

May 2013
apparently it turned out pretty good lol. He's always getting bootleg moonshine from people also. but yeah i didn't know what Barry's purposes were i guess, just my 2 cents. i'm sure you're right :P
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jan 30, 2015 7:54 AM
May 2009
Distillation and Brewing are two different things

Distillation is heating up alocoholic beverages, then condensing them to make drinks with a higher alcohol proof.

Whiskey and Vodka are typical Distilled alcohols.

Distillation is a dangerous process, since The Alcohol vapors are highly flammable. Thus if blow up they can level a few buildings depending on the size of the distillary.

Which is why you need a license and a suitable location do distill.

Brewing on the other hand is the fermentation of Grain, or fruit to make alcohol through bacteria or yeast culture. They are low in Alcohol, and since its happens naturally no license is needed. However to sell may differ in different countries.
Jan 30, 2015 7:55 AM

May 2013
ohhh. BUT people do distill moonshine in bathtubs somehow, right? usually they have a little hut in the woods though.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jan 30, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
RockChan_ said:
ohhh. BUT people do distill moonshine in bathtubs somehow, right? usually they have a little hut in the woods though.

if you're trevor from san andreas or cletus from the simpsons then maybe

Jan 30, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
BarryManilow said:
i see a few american companies making stills, is there a special license they have or just a state buisness license?

akso, what license would one need to get in order to purchase an industrial still for personal use?

Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee have or will have legal moonshine distilleries and Alaska is a grey area (you may not want to sell any but you'll be fine making it yourself).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
11 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
14 minutes ago

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.