Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2009 10:29 AM
Mar 2008
For those of you interested in sharing pictures of your manga collection with others (art books can be included as well).
shinkeikakuMar 16, 2010 7:16 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 17, 2009 5:31 PM

Aug 2008
Here's a couple of slightly old pictures of my manga. I have a few more on my profile. I'm in the process of packing all this, which is nothing short of a nightmare. I might take a picture at maximum mess. ;-p

Jul 17, 2009 11:27 PM

Aug 2008
would it do? XD
Jul 19, 2009 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
Currently editing this post as you read. This is just a test.

These are pictures of my entire collection of my comics, anime, and other commerical products related to them, as well as a few pictures of my room. I organized this using layers of spoilers because there are a lot of pictures and I made a lot of comments. So if they were all laided out at once, it would take time for many computers to load (mine in particular).

Of my collection, I keep it in chronological order according to the date of first publicaton of a series unless indicated otherwise. Once when my collection grows a lot, I would be able to go through my library and see the evolution of manga, anime, and all other comics (though my massive collection of comic strips are taken out). My collection doesn't just include manga, but also European and North American comics too--which I also posted here. When I learn Japanese, I will rebuy everything that I have in Japanese and sell the English copies that I have to offset the cost. The same goes for the European comics that I have for French. The layout everything is in chonological order from left to right, bottom to top. Also, if there is a title and no voluem indication, that means there was only one volulme complete in America.

I do consider myself a somewhat of a collector because I have quite a bit of rare, exspensive, and out of print stuff. So I try to keep everything that I have in as close to new as possible while still being able to read them. I am getting a little worried about the condition of some of them because whenever I pull a book out, the other books tend to fall and knock others over (especallyl the Akira, Moebius, and Bone books).

Comics

Anime

My Room
Pierre_BezukhovJul 20, 2009 8:09 PM
"In the Beginning, the creative energy radiates from within."
-
No, no. That's Lame. Sounds like something out of a Jodorowsky comic.

The Tokusyu Manga Club - Features alternative comics/avant-garde comics/outsider comics/psychdelic comics/surrealistic comics/underground comics + La Nouvelle Manga (part of Alternative).

If I'm here, its because I have nothing better to do.
Jul 19, 2009 10:38 PM

Mar 2009
Ohh man, Pierre_Bezukhov, you have Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga! I am so jealous, I tried best I could to find it at Otakon, but no luck (did find the first volume or Phoenix though, so I'm not totally heart broken :P).
Jul 20, 2009 12:29 PM

Jun 2009
classicalzawa said:
Ohh man, Pierre_Bezukhov, you have Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga! I am so jealous, I tried best I could to find it at Otakon, but no luck (did find the first volume or Phoenix though, so I'm not totally heart broken :P).

I got it off of amazon used. Almost 90% of everything that I have I got off the internet. As for Phoenix, here is all of them packaged together. Though not the best value, if you shop around you can save a lot of money (ex. I got GTO 1-25 for only $100). As for the alternative manga such as Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to find a copy of it in a store or at a convention. In a store, search around in the local comic stores and ask to see what they have in the back. All alternative and underground comics are extremely rare and the only place that they would show up is the Alternative Press Expo.
Pierre_BezukhovJul 20, 2009 3:39 PM
-

The Tokusyu Manga Club - Features alternative comics/avant-garde comics/outsider comics/psychdelic comics/surrealistic comics/underground comics + La Nouvelle Manga (part of Alternative).

Aug 10, 2009 10:46 AM
Mar 2008
@shinkeikaku: I always like looking at your collection even though I've already seen it before. I sooo want an entire room dedicated to my anime/manga stuff!!!!

@Gucha: LOL. Well, I never specified that it had to be physical books so in that case, I guess scans would count as well xD

@Pierre_Bezukhov: Your collection of Akira still looks brand new! I got mines used so it doesn't look as good but it's still very readable. OMG, you have all of Nausicaa too *jealous*

You have some nice posters in your room too. You should really frame all of them - that's what I do with all of my posters/artwork. I can't stand the thought of sticking pins or transparent tape on them just to stick them to the wall = /

I haven't updated my manga pics is almost a year now so nothing from me at this time xD
Aug 10, 2009 5:20 PM

Mar 2009
man, i really need to post my pics, need to take some new pics now that Otakon is over (which added a good 30+ volumes to my collection. Once I get back stuff from my friend, lending her a few. A couple of them actually. Maybe next month.
Aug 10, 2009 9:15 PM

Jun 2009
These pictures are sort of outdated. I will update the ones linked on my profile, but not these (though those aren't updated yet either, just waiting for RAW to come).
-

Sep 20, 2009 8:50 PM

Mar 2009
I've taken new pics! I'll post just the manga ones here, but to see my anime, my overall setup, part of my games collection, and a picture of me and my cat as well, please look at my latest profile blog:

I should note the following are missing from my pic because they are at loan, either to myself at the dorm, or to a friend: Cardcaptor Sakura 4-6 (1st ed), Maison Ikkoku 7-15, and the rest of Phoenix. Any other holes in the series are real.
And another question likely to show up: why is there a random still wrapped Thunderbirds set in there? Well, I had no room for it elsewhere and it's a B-day/Xm-as gift so it will remain wrapped until December.

The following pic is my "to sell" pile, please feel free to inquire about anything here:

Also, my spare copy of Banana Fish 1st ed vol 3 belongs here too, but I felt bad putting it there because, well, it is Banana Fish, but I am selling that one particular volumes as well.
zawa113Sep 20, 2009 8:53 PM
Sep 20, 2009 9:37 PM

Jun 2009
classicalzawa said:
I've taken new pics! I'll post just the manga ones here, but to see my anime, my overall setup, part of my games collection, and a picture of me and my cat as well, please look at my latest profile blog:

I should note the following are missing from my pic because they are at loan, either to myself at the dorm, or to a friend: Cardcaptor Sakura 4-6 (1st ed), Maison Ikkoku 7-15, and the rest of Phoenix. Any other holes in the series are real.
And another question likely to show up: why is there a random still wrapped Thunderbirds set in there? Well, I had no room for it elsewhere and it's a B-day/Xm-as gift so it will remain wrapped until December.

The following pic is my "to sell" pile, please feel free to inquire about anything here:

Also, my spare copy of Banana Fish 1st ed vol 3 belongs here too, but I felt bad putting it there because, well, it is Banana Fish, but I am selling that one particular volumes as well.

You probably have one of the best Tezuka collections in the US, the only thing you're missing are more volumes of Black Jack. Also the layout of your shelves is disorienting me. It seems that you took some off the shelves, replaced them with others and then took another picture. Pictures 1&6 (Dororo and Astro Boy are throwing me off in particular) and pictures 2&3 (Uzumaki this time).

Thats a lot of manga you are selling. I would sell in bulk by series on ebay.

I really need to update mine, but it will be a while before some stuff from England comes.
-

Sep 21, 2009 9:20 AM

Mar 2009
That's probably because they're all double deep, but not necessarily all the way across (which explains why Uzumaki was clearly seen in two pictures and the same with Dororo).

And yeah, I do want more Black Jack, but it can certainly wait for a Vertical sale to occur at TRSI (those things are damn expensive). I also want to get the rest of Astro Boy (I've only up to vol 16, I tend to throw them onto the end of TRSI orders to avoid paying shipping).
Sep 30, 2009 11:29 AM
Mar 2008
I really like your manga collection classicalzawa! It's filled with lots of little hidden gems of manga and in my opinion, quality always wins over quantity = )
Sep 30, 2009 3:39 PM

Mar 2009
sakura_r0se said:
I really like your manga collection classicalzawa! It's filled with lots of little hidden gems of manga and in my opinion, quality always wins over quantity = )

Yep! But I have both! But getting hidden gems means buying more manga online than in the store, stupid Borders seems to have stopped carrying Kekkaishi...I also hit up used bookstores, it's where I got volume 6 of Akira (for a mere $7, who cares if I don't have the rest yet? They're re-releasing them anyway). I bought some stupid stuff when I was younger, but oh well. I noticed that vol 1 of Drifting Classroom got chopped off my to sell pile, I got them brand new for free off a friend so there's v 1,5, and 8. Since I got some of the "to sell" pile free, those I won't ask much more than $5/3 manga and the shipping for personally.
Banana Fish vol 3 is usually pretty difficult to find, but I got that particular volume as a gift then later replaced it with a 2nd ed of vol 3 that I found later, this is a good chance to get BF v 3! Even if it is 1st ed!
zawa113Sep 30, 2009 3:42 PM
Oct 2, 2009 10:18 PM

Mar 2008
My Collection

Here's my collection, warning its kind of big. I'm hoping to get a better set up, soon so I don't have to make content with the small book shelf I have now.

I have a few vols, missing so its not as big as it usually is.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Jan 23, 2010 11:58 PM

Mar 2009
Jan 24, 2010 3:14 PM

Sep 2007
classicalzawa said:
new pics :3

TP is selling those big versions of battle royale?! NEED TO GET!
Also, all 21 volumes of PSME. lucky!

And everyone has such nice big collections, mine is pathetic in comparison :(

This is all I've managed to take a picture of so far. I would say it's half my collection.
Jan 24, 2010 5:20 PM

Mar 2009
soaring_wings said:

TP is selling those big versions of battle royale?! NEED TO GET!

I'd get on that, I think they're starting to get a tad harder to find on the internet about now
Also, all 21 volumes of PSME. lucky!

13 was a bitch to find, I got it last June and managed to only pay $8.29 and shipping for it

You've some things that I have jealously over, I really wanna read Basara if I can some day, Viz needs to re-print those in Big Edition format, then I'd be buying it. Do you think sending enough emails/letters to Viz might accomplish this ever? Oh and they should do Viz Bigs for PSME and Banana Fish too.

Do you have any pics of how they are on your shelves? I like seeing how things are arranged spatially too (mine obviously are not in alphabetical order or any real order other than "it fits", lol)
Jan 25, 2010 5:02 PM

Sep 2007
No I don't. I used to, but my computer got reformatted because of a nasty virus and now I only have those ones. When I take the next batch of pictures (which I do not know when that will be), I'll make sure to get a picture of the shelf as well (yeah I have one massive shelf). :)

I stopped talking pictures of my shelves because it was such a pain to constantly update the picture. With the way I do it now I just have to take one picture of the manga and update it gradually as I get more. XD
May 17, 2010 9:29 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I took this pic a couple of weeks ago. It's large just to warn you as I combined several pics into one.
May 17, 2010 8:49 PM

Mar 2009
Ha! I no longer need to be jealous of your Kodocha set, Brand! For I have achieved the same! I had a good mood buzz all week from finding them too, hehe
May 18, 2010 10:53 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Honestly out of all the manga I own I'm most proud of getting all the volumes Kindaichi Case Files that were released by Tokyopop. That took forever and I got volumes from all over the place. By the time I started to collect it, the title was getting hard to find. I got stuff from cons, and stores here and there but for the long time there was one last volume I needed and could not find. My friend called me up while she was on a trip and was like do you need X volume of Kindaichi? I wasn't sure because I was at work, but she bought it anyway. It turns out that it was the volume I need. To bad it was one of the titles Tokyopop canceled.

I'm very glad you found all of Kodocha though!
Jul 25, 2010 10:06 AM
Nov 2009
Im in the process of moving so all my stuff is packed up. I'll take a new pic when I'm settled again. Anyways its quite a few pictures so here's the link:
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=66032

I also have some Japanese comics but this is most of my collection.
Aug 23, 2010 10:15 PM

Mar 2009
:3
Aug 24, 2010 7:46 PM

Mar 2008
Oh sh*t! Great collection FallnKnightFakir! A lot of series that are under appreciated you have there.

Have you read Oyayubihime Infinity and Tower of the Future? If so how are they?

I didn't know CMX changed the rest of the design for Land of the Blindfolded after volume 5!
Oct 28, 2011 10:32 AM
Apr 2009

Here is my collections, here is a High Resolution copy

I mean... stupidly high resolution... something like 12000X3000 I think.
And here is a complete index of it all

Mar 29, 2012 7:32 AM

Sep 2011
Wow what an awesome collection!
Aug 22, 2012 5:01 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Okay I updated my collection pictures finally. It is more then just my manga as I combined a bunch of images into one. It is a huge image.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - May 2024

Brand - Apr 21

0 by Brand »»
Apr 21, 4:32 PM

Sticky: » Suggest a Hidden Gem of the Month! ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brand - May 2, 2017

181 by Mr_Libra »»
Apr 8, 10:06 AM

» April 2024 - Believers

Brand - Apr 3

0 by Brand »»
Apr 3, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - April 2024

Brand - Mar 17

0 by Brand »»
Mar 17, 7:24 AM

» March 2024 - Isabella Bird in Wonderland: Unbeaten Tracks in Japan

Brand - Mar 2

0 by Brand »»
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.