MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 »» Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

161 70.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it

51 22.17%
3 out of 5: It was OK

13 5.65%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 1.30%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.87%
Voters: 230

07-16-09, 7:06 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As good as the first episode. Especially the realistic animation of the earthquake...

And I suspect this series will get very emotional. It's episode two, and I'm already in the tragic mood.....The after quakes, fissure , tsunami, fire, infrastructure damage, broken communication and bridges, landslide caused by rain, flooding will probably be main obstacles. Also, riots and opportunists will be threats as well. Looks like it will be hard getting to home.

Did anyone get the feeling that Mari's daughter did not survive? The fact that they were eating her daughter's cake dangerously seem like foreshadowing to me.... I really hope I'm wrong....

Disasters bring people closer together, as shown in this episode.... I wonder if we will see the rescue robots (I don't think so though)

For now, it seems they are stuck at Odaiba (are both capital highway bridges destroyed?) I hope the connection to Koutou Ward is not broken, or else, they're really stuck...

So we now know Mirai lives near Seijou, Mari's house is at Sangenjaya.....The epicenter is on the north side of Tokyo Bay....

Modified by wakka9ca, 07-18-09, 8:31 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

07-16-09, 8:05 PM

yea pretty good episode. But I wonder how the story would go from that. It seems like theres not much to talk about since earthquake is not enough to run 13 eps. but again, I dont know

07-16-09, 8:17 PM

Good episode indeed. Disasters always have a knack of showing a different side of people, good or bad. I think that as they travel across the city, they'll run into different people with different stories and such and that'll be how they play out the character development for Mirai and the others.

07-16-09, 10:43 PM

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the next episodes will play out.

07-16-09, 10:55 PM

Hmm, now that the quake is over and such, I wonder what the rest of the show will be like. Looking at the ED pics, they end up living with her?
Nice episode though :3

07-16-09, 11:47 PM

Good so far. I felt so bad when they couldn't find Yuuki. Wonder how it'll turn out ofc...

07-16-09, 11:55 PM

This should end out interesting. I actually want to see a tsunami and whatnot, since it was brought up by the news person. But still, the repercussions of the Earthquake are probably going to be what they focus on now. But yea, it seems like a good coming-of-age story. xD

07-17-09, 1:18 AM

Another great episode, and yes I too have feeling that Mari's dauther didn't survive. It will be interesting to see how will characters develope over time.

07-17-09, 1:29 AM

Awesome episode indeed. The pace, the interaction between Mirai and Mari, Mirai and Yuuki were fluently given. Characters are consistent and behave like they are supposed to. The earthquake sequences was fabulous like at the end of the first episode. What else do you need? Nothing. Didn't really expected much out of this show before it started airing, but it made me feel ashamed so far. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is what I enjoy the most among the 09 Summer anime shows I'm currently watching.

07-17-09, 1:35 AM

An excellent episode; I practically had tears in my eyes throughout the whole episode. I found that amazing because they had like no background music the whole time and that's what usually invokes my tears.

07-17-09, 1:56 AM
Anime Moderator
aero said:
Hmm, now that the quake is over and such, I wonder what the rest of the show will be like. Looking at the ED pics, they end up living with her?
Nice episode though :3
oh i didn't think of that but now that i do, it does seem like it would play out like that.

good episode!

07-17-09, 2:16 AM

Yeah good episode, didnt want it to end xD.
The part when they found yuuki was really nice ;)
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ

07-17-09, 2:47 AM

decent epd, just like the first one.

can't help but to wonder where they'll go from here though, especially considering all the random aftershocks.

07-17-09, 3:00 AM

hmm pretty interesting , nvr had earthquakes before so first experinces are really nice

Awesome Sig by Lailide

07-17-09, 3:15 AM

Loving this series so far. It's just so realistic and emotional and really makes you think about if this really happened. Definitely got to understand the characters better now as well. Since Mirai was being a typical stubborn teenager we could of course see that she really cares about her family and such. I just can't wait to see more of this.

Kinda freaky seeing a place i have been to get destroyed :/ The places are so detailed to how they are in real life.

07-17-09, 3:24 AM

This will certainly be an emotional series, I might even get choked up a bit ;_; Haha, maybe not, it takes something really sad to make me emotional. Anyway, I love the high tension drama they had going on when they were searching for Yuuki and they showed a scene where a kid was like literally crushed under the debris, that scared the shit out of me. Thank goodness he was alive and now it'll be interesting to see where the stories goes from here.

wakka9ca said:
And I suspect this series will get very emotional. It's episode two, and I'm already in the tragic mood.....The after quakes, fissure , tsunami, fire, infrastructure damage, broken communication and bridges, landslide caused by rain, flooding will probably be main obstacles. Also, riots and opportunists will be threats as well. Looks like it will be hard getting to home.

This is totally what I'm expecting to happen, should be good.

07-17-09, 3:31 AM

You know when an anime is really good when the episode is over in a flash. Before I knew it the ED started and I already want to see the next one.

Somehow this show gives a sort of Higashi no Eden aura. Top notch animation, interesting backstory, great voiceacting. Doesn't help that it's only 11 episodes as well.

I have really high hopes for this show! ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh

07-17-09, 3:43 AM

I'm not that excited about this show so far. A girl jumping such a large gap near the stairs? Total BS. Staying completely silent until someone actually walks by while being crushed under a shelf? And that person happen to be his sister? BS.

I give credits the the producers who thought of the scenarios, but I think the characters' behaviour is exaggerated to some certain extent. Sure, we lose our cool in situations such as those- but definately not to that irrational, maniac-like state.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that the mother isn't the least bit worried about her 4-year old child. Funny thing eh?
Modified by YennoX, 07-17-09, 3:49 AM

07-17-09, 4:41 AM

Good episode, I'm very glad that they found Yuuki because for a minute there I thought they weren't. This is playing out like it's going to be quite the adventure and I expect strong emotions and drastic realizations and Mirai needs that attitude straightened up a little bit, still blaming her mom and whatnot. You're the one typing away in your damn cell phone. Oh and little Hina is probably dead.

07-17-09, 6:06 AM

Very emotional episode indeed. Episode did a very good job at portraying the fear and tension. I love Mirai's reactions - it was just so raw and real. I didn't know how tense I was about her finding Yuuki until she actually found him because I just unwillingly started to cry. I seriously felt the pure relief that Mirai felt.

I'm really interested to see how this series develops - like how other people had said, an earthquake can't possibly last for a very long time..

YennoX said:
I'm not that excited about this show so far. A girl jumping such a large gap near the stairs? Total BS. Staying completely silent until someone actually walks by while being crushed under a shelf? And that person happen to be his sister? BS.

I give credits the the producers who thought of the scenarios, but I think the characters' behaviour is exaggerated to some certain extent. Sure, we lose our cool in situations such as those- but definately not to that irrational, maniac-like state.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that the mother isn't the least bit worried about her 4-year old child. Funny thing eh?
I think it's quite believable for someone to risk their life for someone they care about, especially if that person is a family member. Although I admit it seems silly that the girl and Yuuki weren't screaming for help. But considering the amount of time Mirai & Mari were looking for Yuuki, I'm guessing that the two HAVE been yelling out for help for a long time or a substantial amount of time and just sort of gave up.

Exagerrated reaction? You really think so? I mean, Mirai is like what...13? Seriously when I was her age and if I were ever to be in that situation, I think I would be freaking out too...probably more. Atlhough Mirai does have a bit more courage than I would XD (her leap across the stairs)

As for Mari not worrying for her daughter...I would think that she is. I don't think it's necessary to show that she's worried for her daughter because it's sort of common sense that a mother will be worried about her own child - that's just maternal love for you. Besides, in contrast to how Mirai is freaking out, Mari is an adult. There is also the fact that she's got these two parentless kids with her, I think most adults (especially a parent) will be more concerned about the kids than themselves in that moment.

Contrary to what you didn't see though, I seriously saw a good amount of worry from Mari. When Mirai mentions about her own mother, Mari naturally talks about her daughter (as if she was thinking about her all along) and you just see Mari staring at the picture of her daughter on her phone. That in of itself is enough representation of a mother worrying for her child I think.

Also from the way she's talking about Hina, I think Mari is fully aware of the fact that there is a high chance that Hina is either injured or worse.
Modified by robbydesu, 07-17-09, 6:18 AM

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices