Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2009 5:38 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Principle accepted the club not as "club", with a very old club room. So the club activity begins.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 17, 2009 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm... was hard for me to understand without subs, but it seems like a nice episode. I knew there was no way the girls team was a match for the boys team just yet.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 18, 2009 7:15 PM

Feb 2008
they knew they were going to lose but they probably didn't expect it to be so mismatched. this will be a good lesson for them. some crazy drama there too so its not too bad.
Jul 18, 2009 9:03 PM

Apr 2008
This is one of my favorite shows. I'm hoping the subs come out soon. Any word on when?
Jul 18, 2009 10:36 PM

Nov 2006
southdkotaboy said:
This is one of my favorite shows. I'm hoping the subs come out soon. Any word on when?
They've been out for 5 hours now; check tokyotosho.

Tama-chan is great; I love her.

Anna-sensei's seiyuu is fantastic. Love how expressive she is.

Greatly enjoyed this episode, even more than the first two I think. I was pleasantly surprised at how well their practice (basic practice before the match) went. The guy following around Koume is annoying, and Akiko's fiance is a douche. I hate it when guys don't realize what they've done wrong and apologize anyway.
Jul 18, 2009 11:44 PM

Apr 2008
windy said:
The guy following around Koume is annoying, and Akiko's fiance is a douche. I hate it when guys don't realize what they've done wrong and apologize anyway.

While I agree about the fiance I have to disagree about the mailman/delivery guy, give him a chance he might grow on you.

Any way this was a great episode. I was kind of hoping they would make it into the second inning before being crushed. Kind of taking the guys by surprise kind of thing. Maybe next time.

I wonder if they plan on using this game to spread the word amoung other girls schools and get some other teams going.
Jul 19, 2009 12:54 AM

Apr 2008
I just love Akiko more and more!
Jul 19, 2009 12:54 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was kinda deflating, I don't know but I wanted them to do better. Akiko's in a bad mood about the events of this episode and so am I.
Jul 19, 2009 1:38 AM

Nov 2006
southdkotaboy said:
windy said:
The guy following around Koume is annoying, and Akiko's fiance is a douche. I hate it when guys don't realize what they've done wrong and apologize anyway.

While I agree about the fiance I have to disagree about the mailman/delivery guy, give him a chance he might grow on you.
I hope he does. Can't hate a guy who truly cares for his girl. :)
Jul 19, 2009 4:13 AM

Jul 2009
I am a newbie here, but can we watched the episodes here or just discuss?
I loved this episode, i see some romance coming in
Jul 19, 2009 7:14 AM
Feb 2009
Very good episode, less comedy than Episode 2 but a bit more drama. I found the guy who likes Koume to be a bit grating so I hope he calms down in later episodes. He's earnest but too much of a niusance. Tomoe was amusing to watch, with her 'killer' fastball, she's one of my favorites and I really like Shizuka's deadpan exasperation at her sister. Oh, and Anna-sensei is full of awesome.

I'm looking forward to the next episode but I hope it's not too gloomy for poor Akiko.
Jul 19, 2009 7:15 AM

Sep 2008
<3 our cute SS~ ^^

southdkotaboy said:
windy said:

I like Akiko's fiance, to be honest. Maybe he's a bit narrow minded and opinionated, but I got the feeling that he's a nice guy actually. And it's obvious that he cares for Akiko much.
The other guy is really annoying though, with that I agree.

Overall, this ep was a bit weaker than the first two.
Jul 19, 2009 10:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I thought the first episode was terribly slow. But since then it's been getting so much better. I'm starting to feel the atmosphere of this anime, I was smiling a lot watching this episode. I'm definitely getting into this. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 19, 2009 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
yeah, that was a good episode. I'm really glad that they had the girls flat-out lose and not have a super close game or anything.. not that I'm against them.
Jul 19, 2009 5:12 PM

May 2009
Good episode.
They looked so cute when they were practicing in the first half of the episode.
Jul 19, 2009 5:58 PM

Apr 2009
Hahaha at Takahara. xD At first I was like, Ok, nice guy. Then when he came to the school... ^_^; (image shatters)
Ah well, maybe he will become better later on.
Pandadice said:
yeah, that was a good episode. I'm really glad that they had the girls flat-out lose and not have a super close game or anything.. not that I'm against them.

Yeah, that would have been... unrealistic (I think)
Jul 19, 2009 8:52 PM

Jul 2007
Akiko lost it :(

Great episode. Takahara is a creep. Iwasaki doesn't seem that bad though. He just needs to realize how what he's saying affects Akiko.

lol Tomoe's straight. Sorry, Kyouko.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 20, 2009 1:59 AM

Mar 2008
Pretty good episode. Good thing they lost this time. It would have been not believable if they won their first game or had some miraculous comeback. I think it was done pretty well.

Seems next episode will decide how it's going on since they all started playing baseball because Akiko wanted revenge. Now that it didn't work she seems to have lost her interest and endangers the team (typical plot). But I bet they will continue to play anyway. But this time with pure feelings for the game (at least Akiko).
Jul 20, 2009 4:20 AM

Jun 2008
it was an ok ep, so as show itself it seems, but it feels like this isn't really my thing so i'm afraid i'm going to drop it..
Jul 20, 2009 9:50 AM
Dec 2007
It was a very realistic and interesting episode. I like the development of the story and characters for now, I hope the rest will keep up with that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 20, 2009 9:55 AM

Apr 2008
windy said:

Akiko's fiancee may appear like a jerk now, but considering this takes place around 1925 the mentality and standards between the relationships and status of men and woman was just about normal for that time. If anything would be odd it would be the girls interests in baseball. But than again, that is why i like this anime so much.
Jul 20, 2009 11:52 AM
May 2008
The realistic approach was refreshing but I have a feeling it will become a bit more cliched by the end of the series. However that's alright since the characters are becoming more enjoyable... except for the stalker guy... not sure WTF is up with him. <.<
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 21, 2009 3:11 AM

Jul 2007
Akiko needs to learn the lightning ball.

Jul 21, 2009 3:19 AM

Sep 2008
Just watched ep's 2 and 3, I thought the first episode was awful but these past 2 were good. I'm actually quite interested in how the shows going to play out now. I'm surprised the team got together so fast and have already played a game. What was also good was that they actually showed the game in detail. They didn't just skip through it a ton.

Characters have grabbed my interest too, seems to be some drama arising already. I wasn't expecting romance in this show either. As well as Akiko playing baseball because of a guy. Show has started to grow on me :)
Jul 21, 2009 6:28 AM

Feb 2008
The fiance was only acting like he was supposed to act. From our perspective he was an ass from 1925 Japan he was not that out of line. (When the Philadelphia Bobbies, a professional women's team, went to Japan to play male teams in 1925 two of the girls who entertained them at their hotel had been sold by their father to pay for his son's education.) The fact that he was still talking to her, trying to call her etc, is fairly impressive. Showing that while he opposes it he's not ready to do anything drastic about it. Actually she seems more prickly about the issue than he does.
Jul 21, 2009 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
Lol, lots of people bashing Akiko's fiance. Yeah, he may be a sexist, but like everyone else said, back in those days, his words weren't very sexist. After all, if he wasn't a sexist, there would be no show, right? The whole point of the show is that Akiko wanted to prove she can do things that guys can do too.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 22, 2009 4:29 AM

May 2008
heh i was almost certain that they will lose their first match, oh well 2 outs is not bad xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 25, 2009 11:20 PM

Dec 2007
I knew that they can't win against to them. I will continue to watch this series because it have interesting plot. I am looking forward to more.
Jul 26, 2009 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
Aww, they lost.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 27, 2009 11:13 PM
Jul 2009
southdkotaboy said:
windy said:

Any way this was a great episode. I was kind of hoping they would make it into the second inning before being crushed. Kind of taking the guys by surprise kind of thing. Maybe next time.

I wonder if they plan on using this game to spread the word amoung other girls schools and get some other teams going.

That's true, and keep it mind that this is set WAY back in the day where all guys are douches (douchei?) However, note how he does try to resolve things and accept the truth!

But i love this episode, the mailman is soooooo funny! Finally, an anime where the guy falls in love first! (I don't see much)
Aug 3, 2009 10:12 PM

Aug 2008
Lvhina said:
windy said:

Akiko's fiancee may appear like a jerk now, but considering this takes place around 1925 the mentality and standards between the relationships and status of men and woman was just about normal for that time. If anything would be odd it would be the girls interests in baseball. But than again, that is why i like this anime so much.

here here, its good to learn about how things were so we can help change how things will be.

Looks like Koume has a new secret admirer .. and im not taking about Takahara :D all around good episode and that the girls made big strides from being officially recognized and building a practice field to actually participating in a game sure they lost but in the process learned a lot more than they could if they had won.

Apr 19, 2010 1:16 PM

Jun 2009
I hope there'll be no straight romance during this anime
all these guys are annoying
May 23, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2012
"there's no crying in baseball!!"
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Oct 30, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
Was that love at first sight?!

Akiko is pretty cool though. I don't like her fiance much but whatever. The ending was awkward though. Oh well.
Feb 25, 2014 10:35 PM

Dec 2012
They slowly improved but suffered a crushing a defeat. That's to be expected though, all things considered. Poor Kyouko. Glad that guy was at least honorable enough to take back the dating condition, although it would've been amusing to see Tamaki get chosen.
Mar 10, 2014 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
I have this stupid grin on my face the whole time I was watching this episode. I'm so shipping Takahara and Koume haha ^^
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 4, 2017 8:20 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well that ended badly for them but to receive compliments as well is a good start. It wasn't until Iwasaki started playing that the game turned so one sided.

That guy going after Koume seems rather interesting.

May 13, 2018 4:41 PM

Nov 2016
Ah,the first match didn't end that well,but there's still lot of room for improvement.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 27, 2009

32 by SlammyHammy »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

59 by SlammyHammy »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2009

42 by SmilyMADman »»
Nov 22, 2021 2:47 AM

» This show is criminally overlooked

Joyce_Steele - Jun 4, 2013

6 by PaninaManina »»
Oct 28, 2021 8:25 PM

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 6, 2009

44 by ezaya »»
Jul 9, 2020 6:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.