Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2009 11:52 AM

Mar 2009
Antanaru said:
FaintBrushfire said:
It'll be the one after the next that it ends.

And seriously, where can I watch this subbed? My source got removed. x_x
Just watch one of the previous episodes.

xD
But but.
I want to see the new art, slightly different diologue and the ending.
D:
Jul 17, 2009 11:57 AM

Jul 2008
Itsuki in a Speedo!
O___o
Jul 17, 2009 12:30 PM
May 2008
I guess it's not so bad now since it's expected that this episode was going to be a repeat instead of hoping it would end.

3/5
Jul 17, 2009 12:33 PM

Mar 2009
So "Endless Eight"
I heard speculation that it means there will be eight of these repetitive episodes, that it refers to August and of course infinity. I really hope it is not 8 episodes (I saw where someone said 7 is the last of the repeats....but that may be just wishfull thinking). Infinity and August I believe are true.

For this episode, I liked it better than 5, 4 and maybe 3. The highlights were the test of courage, Kyon's doodle of infinity/eight and he seemed closer to taking action at the end...
Jul 17, 2009 12:33 PM
Jul 2009
FaintBrushfire said:
Antanaru said:
FaintBrushfire said:

xD
But but.
D:

http://www.megavideo.com/v/9ZYSEY3X89d40be5100b2fae89eb07a71e7cb307
Jul 17, 2009 12:42 PM

May 2008
Wow. Just wow. It only took me 4 minutes to watch this episode. Seriously. I just skipped to the last 19 mins and what not to see how they're going to 'resolve this' with the doll.

Jul 17, 2009 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
I feel trolled. And abused. Seriously.

Is it something KyoAni wants to do? To piss off all of the fans?
This is not a signature.
Jul 17, 2009 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
Shit Kyon!!!! Just say it!!!! Just say whatever you want!!! Don't let Haruhi go throught that fucking door.... Man I was pissed by this episode... not 'cause it has the same plot all over since 4 chapters ago, but I'm pissed that the stupid Kyon failed to say something to Haruhi four... YES FOUR!!! FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW!!! Arrrgh!!! I definitely hate ya know useless Kyon... Now... the episode was nice... I liked it... At least it feels that the end of the E8 is coming next week... well at least so I hope so.... C'mon that fuckin' joke has to stop know... It was nice to see them actually doing something different this time.... All the times have had different angles, clothes and the dialogues have been modified a little.... I can't believe that KyoAni really risked to make this unbelievable play.... they're risking they're future... (Money nothing else...) I doubt someone will risk her/himself and buy the DVD... Lol at Itsuki in a Speedo... He looked fat!!! Hahahahaha... I didn't liked it.. but I guess next week it's Kyon's turn... serves you right stupid Kyon.... Have you noticed peps? Itsuki used the same clothes that he used when he told Kyon the first time to embrace from behind Haruhi and say I love you to her this time when they discussed about the recursion of time with Mikuru and Yuki... Aren't they the same? XD Oh and the novel canon was broken.... great... o well.... I jst hope the damned Kyon actually breaks the cycle next time!!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2009 1:37 PM
Apr 2009
Antanaru said:
Will of harutards is indeed strong, after 5 episodes of the same shit over and over again rating is still 8.08...
Indeed, but not surprising in the least.
Jul 17, 2009 2:00 PM
Jul 2009
um.....didn't nagato say it was the 15513th time in BOTH episode 5 and 6? or is the episode im watching wrong?
Jul 17, 2009 2:03 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode. I love how they mixed it up and repeated the last scene about five times. Very intense.
Jul 17, 2009 2:03 PM

Apr 2009

Anyway, this was actually pretty funny, what with Itsuki in a speedo and the playground scene. I'm getting way too used to this...

Also, who else noticed Nagisa's and Ritsu's cameos in this episode? It was in the pool scene.
Jul 17, 2009 2:13 PM

Apr 2009
All I want to know is why on earth they decided to air all of the endless eights in a row. It's a show that airs in achronological order, so why on earth are they showing the same episode 6(+) times in a row.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jul 17, 2009 2:14 PM
Apr 2009
-flow- said:
Also, who else noticed Nagisa's and Ritsu's cameos in this episode? It was in the pool scene.
Wat

Screenshot please.
Jul 17, 2009 2:18 PM

Mar 2009
Nored said:
FaintBrushfire said:
Antanaru said:
FaintBrushfire said:

xD
But but.
D:

http://www.megavideo.com/v/9ZYSEY3X89d40be5100b2fae89eb07a71e7cb307

I love you.
<3
Jul 17, 2009 2:27 PM

Apr 2008
We should create Haruhi (season 2) masochist club
Jul 17, 2009 2:29 PM

Apr 2008
Every time I see an endless 8 episode I said 'Next week, I'm absolutely gonna drop it'
But I just can't I love it after all!
Jul 17, 2009 2:32 PM

Apr 2009
So it turns out the rumor that Endless Eight was going to be 6 episodes was true.

If it doesn't end next week, I'm going to curse very loudly (mostly at KyoAni), throw some things around, go out and kick stray dogs, kill some people, and then go back home and wait for the next episode.
Jul 17, 2009 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
So after they repeated the episode 4 times MAL user ratet this anime with an average of 8.05

Are you serious!? Well most of the users didn't vote and only the fanboys did . But c'mon no matter how much you like Haruhi this is...... ah forget it^^

Well I didn't think that it would end with this episode but then i noticed that some scenes were shorter or skipped i tough that maybe it yould possibly end.
But no new scenes so that fanboys aren't that borend and then think that this episode was better than the 1st whole season!

well since i won't buy the dvdt and so don't pay to those who produced it. I don't care really that much xD
Jul 17, 2009 2:52 PM

Mar 2009
We were shown less this episode then the last. D:<
But, so worth it. =D
Jul 17, 2009 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
I'm enjoying this season at its fullest; and I don't even mean it because of the anime itself, even though none of the episodes so far has bored me in the least way possible.

What makes this season a jewel is how people, be it here or at any other site such as 4chan and stuff, are trolling, raging, insulting and shitting bricks at how "endless" this story arc is and blaming KyoAni, Kadowaka, the fanboys and whonot for it, and they even still continue to watch it or at least look for info about if it's ended or not, and then rage over their search's results. It's almost as amusing as the episodes themselves are.
SesshomarutoJul 17, 2009 3:11 PM
Jul 17, 2009 3:05 PM

Apr 2009
Bladecatcher said:
-flow- said:
Wat

Screenshot please.

Put in spoiler tags due to size.
Jul 17, 2009 3:05 PM

Jan 2009
T-T Fuck this show.

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Jul 17, 2009 3:23 PM

Jul 2008
ok...
Jul 17, 2009 3:27 PM
Oct 2008
The NGE refrence made this episode worth it.
Jul 17, 2009 3:28 PM
Apr 2009
Sesshomaruto said:
I'm enjoying this season at its fullest; and I don't even mean it because of the anime itself, even though none of the episodes so far has bored me in the least way possible.

What makes this season a jewel is how people, be it here or at any other site such as 4chan and stuff, are trolling, raging, insulting and shitting bricks at how "endless" this story arc is and blaming KyoAni, Kadowaka, the fanboys and whonot for it, and they even still continue to watch it or at least look for info about if it's ended or not, and then rage over their search's results. It's almost as amusing as the episodes themselves are.
This kind of thing has been said almost as much as what people that are raging are saying.

-flow- said:

What? You're imagining things.
Jul 17, 2009 3:29 PM

Apr 2009
Bladecatcher said:
Sesshomaruto said:

This kind of thing has been said almost as much as what people that are raging are saying.

-flow- said:

What? You're imagining things.

I thought it was obvious... perhaps I'm missing other KyoAni shows because of this nonsense.
Jul 17, 2009 3:35 PM
Dec 2007
I find it quite interesting that with the (almost) same script, KyoAni still achieves to create a unique episode each time, with different dialogues, music, animation (they could simply reuse the same animation for each new episode as most series do even with an ongoing script...), sometimes a very different atmosphere and direction (such as this one for example, which was more "melancholic" than ever). That's a true prowess and the first time I see this kind of concept, so I must say I find the Endless Eight arc a bit refreshing, and if not, at least experimental enough for me to watch it with great pleasure each week. I don't really care what happens next, I've read the novels, and we'll see that in due time either way, so let's not be too hasty and appreciate the innovation.

Concerning this particular episode, it was probably my favourite of the whole arc considering how well the themes were depicted and how strong the direction and pacing were. Very unusual for the series, but still extremely great. Oh and my guess is that there will be eight Endless Eight, it would make sense, but it can definitely be wrong of course (reason why it's great !). Or it could be like this until the 31st of August, which would then make it 11 episodes (a bit silly but not totally impossible since KyoAni loves to play with the time variable in Haruhi, as we all know :)). In any case, this arc highly intrigues me and I must say the series would have interested me far less if it weren't for this big joke played on us by KyoAni. They deserve some kind of appreciation just because of that (oh yes and for Lucky Star too) !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 17, 2009 3:43 PM

Jul 2007
What makes this season a jewel is how people, be it here or at any other site such as 4chan and stuff, are trolling, raging, insulting and shitting bricks at how "endless" this story arc is and blaming KyoAni, Kadowaka, the fanboys and whonot for it, and they even still continue to watch it or at least look for info about if it's ended or not, and then rage over their search's results. It's almost as amusing as the episodes themselves are.[/quote said:

I couldn't agree more, in fact that is the main reason I rated it a ten. Seeing everybody cry and whine about it, makes me love it more. Keep up the good work!
Jul 17, 2009 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haruhi/katsudou/katsudou14.html
on the left hand of this page, each episode's name is listed.

Ep12 -15 though seem to be counted as one episode(エンドレスエイト: endless eight). so I am speculating that when the DVD is out, the whole endless eight arc will be counted as one episode (or 1.5) as well, so it wont neglect the sale...
snowgreenJul 17, 2009 4:16 PM
Jul 17, 2009 3:48 PM
Apr 2009
animejnkie said:
I couldn't agree more, in fact that is the main reason I rated it a ten. Seeing everybody cry and whine about it, makes me love it more. Keep up the good work!
No offense, but that's the stupidest reason for giving an anime a 10.
Jul 17, 2009 3:49 PM

Jun 2009
people have their reason to rate a show as they like, its childish to call them stupid for that.....
Jul 17, 2009 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
DarK_BalteR said:
You know what's funny? Even though I don't understand most Japanese I can still sub this if I wanted too. Because I watched this too many times. I bet everybody can too? lol.

You know I thought of that too.
I figured that it couldn't be too hard anymore.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 17, 2009 3:53 PM
Dec 2008
The "Endless Eight" gets a 1/5 due to the repeating.
Jul 17, 2009 4:05 PM

Sep 2007
Despite all the hate, some of the animations done in these repetitive episodes are just mindblowingly awesome (pool scene, cicadas - both very beautiful.. and the clouds with Haruhi in a previous episode, just wow!)

They could have been lazier and not put so much detail into these things if they really wanted to con the fanbase.. it makes the episodes not only bearable but appreciated.
Jul 17, 2009 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
I don't see a problem with rating a series as it's airing. It's a good way for me to keep in perspective how I feel about a show (along with the discussion threads).

I didn't have a problem with dropping the show to a 3 after this episode. If it gets better, it gets better, but I honestly don't see how I could give the show higher than a 6 at this point.
Jul 17, 2009 4:21 PM

Apr 2009
sarahwest said:
[url=http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haruhi/katsudou/katsudou14.html]http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haruhi/katsudou/katsudou14.html

Ep12 -15 though seem to be counted as one episode(エンドレスエイト: endless eight). so I am speculating that when the DVD is out, the whole endless eight arc will be counted as one episode (or 1.5) as well, so it wont neglect the sale...

I really wish that would apply to the series too (all of Endless Eight being counted as one episode, meaning we would still have 12 episodes for other stories), but I doubt it.
Jul 17, 2009 4:28 PM

Mar 2009
-flow- said:
sarahwest said:
[url=http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haruhi/katsudou/katsudou14.html]http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haruhi/katsudou/katsudou14.html

I really wish that would apply to the series too (all of Endless Eight being counted as one episode, meaning we would still have 12 episodes for other stories), but I doubt it.

There's still a chance that it will...
Eh, I think that's just wishful thinking though. I'll be very pleased if it does count as one episode for the whole series!
Jul 17, 2009 4:54 PM

May 2007
^That's pretty much all that's keeping me going throughout this second season, a LOT of wishful thinking.
I know I'm not enjoying the long awaited second season when I'm reduced to making sarcastic comments at the same lines I've heard for the past few episodes now.

Jul 17, 2009 5:17 PM

Nov 2008
Well, I don't blame KyoAni. They are bringing out the monotony of the whole thing more than I could have ever imagined. Plus, they've pretty much insured that endless eight will be parodied/referenced in many anime-to-come.

I'm sure the endless eight arc will be a moment in anime history to be remembered for eternity...
Jul 17, 2009 5:32 PM

Mar 2009
philipawalker said:
Well, I don't blame KyoAni. They are bringing out the monotony of the whole thing more than I could have ever imagined. Plus, they've pretty much insured that endless eight will be parodied/referenced in many anime-to-come.

I'm sure the endless eight arc will be a moment in anime history to be remembered for eternity...

*waits for the next episode of Yugioh: The Abridged Series*
Jul 17, 2009 5:33 PM

Feb 2008
Omg, I really getting sick of this =P
Jul 17, 2009 5:55 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, the comments this time around seem far more on the side of 'it's not that bad after all' than it was last week.

Wait, didn't I say something like that last week?

Something like "Jokes are funny, but after much repetition, they stop being funny, but if you keep telling the joke, they come right back round to being funny"

Hm... seems like it may be true.

Anyway, possible 42 eps makes me happy. I honestly don't think that EE will go to the 31st of August, in all probability, it will end next week then have a 2 episode sigh, the repeats from the first season to finish it off then have the Disappearance.

But that's just wishful thinking.

Jul 17, 2009 5:58 PM

Dec 2008
A lot of new scenes this time. I actually don't care if they keep doing this or end it...it's not like this is the only show I watch. I will definitely keep watching because I personally like the show and I am more tolerant of endless eight.
Jul 17, 2009 6:01 PM

Apr 2009
so we get total 8 episode for endles eight ???
Jul 17, 2009 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
Now its pissing me off damn it, how does and show like this get good reviews but play the same episode 5 times over
xbox : Okami Sphere
Jul 17, 2009 6:31 PM

May 2008
ehhh this episode wasnt boring , in fact i like the variation in speech and animation still i wanna go on with the story

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 17, 2009 6:33 PM
Feb 2009
When does it end?
The only good thing was how it was somewhat different from the others.
And was the 8 Kyon was drawing a sign, or does it just match the title: Endless Eight?

Oh and was the repeats of the scene with Haruhi leaving just happening for me or what? =.= Grrr
Jul 17, 2009 6:45 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this one more than the others, even though the butterfly scene creeped me out. (I'm scared of them)

Also,

made me laugh
Jul 17, 2009 6:50 PM

Feb 2008
Good chapter

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.