MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Final TV Series of Inu Yasha Announced
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Final TV Series of Inu Yasha Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
07-16-09, 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1089
panda_general said:
Finally...a better ending.


This.

 
07-16-09, 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 587
Well this was an unexpected piece of good news. I've had the last arc on hold for over a year now.
 
07-16-09, 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 374
Rinfei said:
panda_general said:
Finally...a better ending.


This.


Yeah.
 
07-16-09, 4:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3883
*shits pants!* Really! You mean all that bitching really made a difference! First FMA & now this!
 
07-16-09, 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 920
Great! By the time I get to that point they'll have it all finished and I can watch at my own pace.
 
07-16-09, 5:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 127
Wow... this is almost as good as the long awaited Golden Sun DS announcement.
 
07-16-09, 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1256
Totally not expecting this...

the dog man si coming back.
 
07-16-09, 5:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1003
A real ending to something I watched back in elementary school and haven't touched since? Seems like good news. But I'm still on the fence of actually sitting down and watching this.

Perhaps if Adult Swim would show it I would watch it, but not on my computer. It'd be too different and weird. :P
 
07-16-09, 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 82
I can't believe it !!! FINALLY !! when my sis told me about it I thought it was a joke !!!
how many years =_= they are so damn SLOW !!

 
07-16-09, 6:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 440
Ten-Chan said:
I can't believe it !!! FINALLY !! when my sis told me about it I thought it was a joke !!!
how many years =_= they are so damn SLOW !!


Again, the manga only JUST finished recently....it's not a case of them being slow, they had to wait until it was finished. If they had kept the series going they would be ahead of the manga material, meaning years of filler. They stopped where they did so that didn't get out of control, and now that the manga's finished they can finally animate the true ending.
 
07-16-09, 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 121
I was starting to wonder if they would ever continue the InuYasha anime.

I tried continuing the manga recently, but i'm having diffculty getting back into reading it. It doesn't help that I ended up reading 500+ chapters of One Piece before it. Which I found far more entertaining to read than InuYasha.
I think I might check out the new anime instead, seeing how I remember enjoying watching the anime more than reading the manga, (but then again, that was about 3 years ago, and it was one of the first "mature" series I saw, so i've seen lots more series sense then). Maybe in the new anime, the animators will also do us a favor and cut out all the filler crap from the manga

MistressMorbid said:
Bluesnow said:
D=

New FMA... More Inuyasha...
WHERE'S MY NEW KENSHIN!!???


Shit, never even thought about that.....would KILL to see the end of the Rurouni Kenshin manga animated.


I recently finished the manga for Kenshin and I plan to start the anime one of these days. Hearing that the ending in the manga didn't get animated is pretty disapointing...
So they should animate that too!!!

And like a few other folks, the D.Gray-man anime also needs a proper ending!
 
07-16-09, 6:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 440
panda_general said:
Finally...a better ending.


You know, I think I'd have to watch this. It's nostalgic and screams MY CHILDHOOD and um hopefully I don't have to rewatch this since I just did last year lol. :D
 
07-16-09, 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 440
cabaret said:

You know, I think I'd have to watch this. It's nostalgic and screams MY CHILDHOOD.


I have a feeling Inuyasha was the first anime for a lot of people. It was definitely the first series I began to watch, and I will always have a fond memory of it for that reason. Against newer, better animes it might not compare, but it will always have that special nostalgia attached to it. I'm 22 now and I still love it. I can see it's faults, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the awesome story that it was.
 
07-16-09, 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2712
cabaret said:
You know, I think I'd have to watch this. It's nostalgic and screams MY CHILDHOOD

I feel the same for some reason. Although I'm not too sure about what everyone's been saying about a "real ending". The manga's ending was somewhat disappointing for me personally. It was like..I've read all of these chapters and that's it? That's how you're ending it? It was predictable and unsatisfying imo. Oh well. I'll still watch this for the nostalgia factor.
 
07-16-09, 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1003
SailorCardKnight said:
MistressMorbid said:
Bluesnow said:
D=

New FMA... More Inuyasha...
WHERE'S MY NEW KENSHIN!!???


Shit, never even thought about that.....would KILL to see the end of the Rurouni Kenshin manga animated.


I recently finished the manga for Kenshin and I plan to start the anime one of these days. Hearing that the ending in the manga didn't get animated is pretty disapointing...
So they should animate that too!!!


This is the best we've got:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6591/Rurouni_Kenshin_DVD-BOX_Special_Ending

2 minutes. :/
 
07-16-09, 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 440
Gin-iro said:
SailorCardKnight said:
MistressMorbid said:
Bluesnow said:
D=

New FMA... More Inuyasha...
WHERE'S MY NEW KENSHIN!!???


Shit, never even thought about that.....would KILL to see the end of the Rurouni Kenshin manga animated.


I recently finished the manga for Kenshin and I plan to start the anime one of these days. Hearing that the ending in the manga didn't get animated is pretty disapointing...
So they should animate that too!!!


This is the best we've got:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6591/Rurouni_Kenshin_DVD-BOX_Special_Ending

2 minutes. :/


The problem with Rurouni Kenshin is it's *really* old. Even if they managed to make a new season, I doubt they'd be able to get the voice actors. Kenshin is one of the few animes that I prefer dubbed in English, but I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to get the original cast from the anime series. I hate the english voice actors they used in the OVA's and the movie, and if they couldn't get the original cast for those, I don't think they'd be able to for a whole new season. =/
 
07-16-09, 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 581
If this were announced two years ago, I'd probably be crazy excited. But now, not so much. Inuyasha was the first anime that got me interested in anime and at the time, I absolutely loved it, but since my anime interests have evolved and grown, I'm not so excited.

I'm glad to see that the actual ending is going to animated though. I felt so unfulfilled by the current ending. I'll watch it for exactly that reason. I'm already feeling nostaglic just thinking about it.
 
07-16-09, 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 669
MistressMorbid said:


The problem with Rurouni Kenshin is it's *really* old. Even if they managed to make a new season, I doubt they'd be able to get the voice actors. Kenshin is one of the few animes that I prefer dubbed in English, but I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to get the original cast from the anime series. I hate the english voice actors they used in the OVA's and the movie, and if they couldn't get the original cast for those, I don't think they'd be able to for a whole new season. =/

Are you referring to the Samurai X OVAs and movies? If so, the reason the voice actors where different is because it was licensed by a different company. ADV probably decided not to or couldn't get the previous voice actors because that would require flying most of them from California to Texas in order to record the voices.

If a new season of Kenshin where created and Media Blasters gained the license, they could probably get the first cast for it if the voice actors haven't left voice acting.
 
07-16-09, 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 440
Capellabun said:

Are you referring to the Samurai X OVAs and movies? If so, the reason the voice actors where different is because it was licensed by a different company. ADV probably decided not to or couldn't get the previous voice actors because that would require flying most of them from California to Texas in order to record the voices.

If a new season of Kenshin where created and Media Blasters gained the license, they could probably get the first cast for it if the voice actors haven't left voice acting.


Ah so that's why it was a different cast. The OVA's threw me off so much...not only was the animation completely different, but they even put new voices in. It barely felt like Kenshin to me. The animation difference wouldn't have bothered me half as much if they had the original cast.

I suppose there's always hope then that if it were revived they'd try to get the original English actors. *crosses fingers*

Oops, sorry for the thread hijack there, haha. xD
 
07-16-09, 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 661
WOOHOO! I can't wait!!!

& &
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices