Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Dragon Ball Kai' TV Anime Announced to Air April 6

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 17, 2014 5:39 AM
May 2012
Ahhh, Dragon Ball, good for the fans.
I am not a fan though, but Dragon Ball is awesome!!!
Feb 17, 2014 5:53 AM

Sep 2011
Didn't care for the Kai series at all, the old version is good enough. I might look up some selected episodes, (Goku vs Vegeta, Vegeto, final fight against Buu) to see how the HD version turns out, though. :)
Feb 17, 2014 6:14 AM

Apr 2013
ClannadBeat said:
should I watch... already saw DBZ 10 years ago what's the point :/ but whatever it's nice to see it's still getting adaptations and whatnot
Better animation, getting rid of usess content, ITS FUCKING DRAGON BALL
Feb 17, 2014 6:22 AM

Sep 2013
So long as there's an English dub I'll be diggin it, been looking for an excuse to watch Kai.
Feb 17, 2014 6:39 AM

Aug 2013
FINALLY I have been waiting forever Toei. Fillerless Goku vs Majin Vegeta here I come. I really hope Toei is using a new BGM for the series as was rumored. For all the haters DBZ will never die it will be popular FOREVER.
Feb 17, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2011
i hope they bring Shinsuke Kikuchi back
Feb 17, 2014 7:05 AM

Feb 2008
Hopefully they won't use a new soundtrack and use the same one from the original like in the last two episodes of Kai. Dragon Ball Z without the original soundtrack is just boring, especially if the new soundtrack is anything but ORIGINAL haha. (referring to the fact that the Kai OST composer ripped off other songs)

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 17, 2014 7:23 AM

Apr 2012
Milking~
Feb 17, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2010
It's taking Toriko's timeslot? I would rather have Toriko than this. I didn't really like the Buu arc, I guess I could rewatch Dragonball before.
Feb 17, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
It's taking Toriko's timeslot? I would rather have Toriko than this. I didn't really like the Buu arc, I guess I could rewatch Dragonball before.
Yes Toriko wasn't as good in the ratings as Kai. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/02/17/dragon-ball-kai-returns-majin-buu-arc-april-2014/
Feb 17, 2014 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
Damn I'm so excited !! Nice to see Toei is investing more on DB franchise .
Feb 17, 2014 8:15 AM

Nov 2012
nooooo i prefere toriko over dbz easy

if toriko anime is gonna end by toei i hope madhouse will remake it

because the Toei anime of toriko SUCKS

toriko is my favoriete manga but the toei anime is aimed to childeren and it sucks
Feb 17, 2014 8:19 AM

Feb 2011
aboe said:
if toriko anime is gonna end by toei i hope madhouse will remake it

because the Toei anime of toriko SUCKS

toriko is my favoriete manga but the toei anime is aimed to childeren and it sucks
No chance in hell they'll remake a 100+ episodes shounen anime. And who cares what audience it's aiming at, it's still incredibly entertaining and I love it.
Feb 17, 2014 8:25 AM
Feb 2014
very nice, i cant wait :D
Feb 17, 2014 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Waiting for the English release, even though Kai has never appealed to me. The music is especially inferior to FUNimation's take on it, in my opinion. I will watch it though to see how they handle the Buu Saga. Do we get less Mr. Satan?
Feb 17, 2014 8:35 AM

Feb 2010
The news won't stop :D

I kinda need to finish Dragon Ball Kai before that. Wish I had more time xD

e: Wait, what? Toriko is gonna be cancelled so this can take over? Is this confirmed or is there a possibility of Toriko moving to another timeslot?
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 17, 2014 8:41 AM

Mar 2011
It will be awesome, if they move Toriko to late night time with full blood, gore and without censoring the stuff.
Feb 17, 2014 8:42 AM

Feb 2010
Icebreaker93 said:
It will be awesome, if they move Toriko to late night time with full blood, gore and without censoring the stuff.

HxH had its timeslot changed so maybe Toriko will get lucky too. I hope so at least.
AlcoholicideFeb 17, 2014 8:55 AM
Feb 17, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2011
Nice

DBZ is not DBZ without Buu saga
Feb 17, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2007
Finally!!!
Feb 17, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

e: Wait, what? Toriko is gonna be cancelled so this can take over? Is this confirmed or is there a possibility of Toriko moving to another timeslot?
I personally think Toriko will be on hiatus until Buu saga Kai is finished and then it will retake the timeslot.
Feb 17, 2014 9:01 AM
Jul 2012
Idc about kai because I own the whole manga series and the original anime is good enough but this is still good news, something actually worth watching over all the other seasonal mediocrities

2014 is looking like the year of nostalgia/remakes, where is the original stuff tho
Feb 17, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2012
As much as I still love the old DBZ and watched Kai originally, totally hyped for my favorite arc.
Tutturu ~
Feb 17, 2014 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
YES. Finally, the Buu Saga is announced. I don't care what any of you nostalgic Dragon Ball fans say, Kai is amazing. Can't wait to own the last parts and have a completed collection.
Feb 17, 2014 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
If only Dragon Ball pre-Z era also get a remaster.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 17, 2014 9:04 AM

Feb 2010
DrGeroCreation said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I personally think Toriko will be on hiatus until Buu saga Kai is finished and then it will retake the timeslot.

Well, that would still be better than it disappearing forever, but I miss it already :(.
At least I can mentally prepare myself.
Feb 17, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Well, that would still be better than it disappearing forever, but I miss it already :(.
Don't worry Buu saga without the filler wouldn't be that long. You will have Toriko back in no time.

NeoAnkara said:
I think Toei should just make more of the Path to Power movies. I would really love to see a Path to Power movie covering the King Piccolo saga.
Feb 17, 2014 9:22 AM

Nov 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Don't worry Buu saga without the filler wouldn't be that long. You will have Toriko back in no time.

NeoAnkara said:
I think Toei should just make more of the Path to Power movies. I would really love to see a Path to Power movie covering the King Piccolo saga.

toriko is such an epic manga series but the anime adaption was bad, why remove blood and gore from a manga that has so much blood? i know the chances are low but i hope it will be moved to another timeslot or remade by madhouse
Feb 17, 2014 9:36 AM

Jun 2012
FUCK YEAH!
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Feb 17, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2007
I'm cool with this. Kai was leagues better than the original. Hit the emotional beats properly and the fights were WAY better without two episodes of nothing but power-ups and still shots. Could finish the Frieza saga in a single night; what's not to like?
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 17, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2008
I'm shocked about this tbh. Might not watch cause it's literally the same thing minus fillers...BUT..I may watch only cause next to the Cell Saga, the Buu Saga [the first couple arcs] was my favorite because of a lot of the drama and sad things :c Like when Vegeta blew himself up for nothing to kill Buu. Plus I liked the fights with Dabura and stuff inside that weird building Babidi made.

Annnd let's not forget the fight between Goku and Vegeta when Vegeta literally started wiping the floor with Goku because he felt second best and took all his stress out on him...those were some good times..

Feb 17, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2011
aboe said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

NeoAnkara said:

toriko is such an epic manga series but the anime adaption was bad, why remove blood and gore from a manga that has so much blood? i know the chances are low but i hope it will be moved to another timeslot or remade by madhouse

There is only 1 true Toriko anime and that is made by Ufotable
Feb 17, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
Dat childhood memories. I hope they will use Bruce Falconer's music for this.
Feb 17, 2014 11:03 AM
Feb 2012
Due to legal issues, Falconer will never return to the Dragon Ball franchise. Same goes with using his old music on new material (yes, it's treated as new despite being an edit of Z).

There will be a new OST (not Yamamoto or Kikuchi) so we've got that going for us.
Feb 17, 2014 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
I heard, it's taking toriko spot. lol toriko anime sucks!!! I don't know about the manga, but the anime sucked!!!
Feb 17, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2009
Eh, might as well finished it.

Though, I wish some other anime got the Kai treatment. *cough, one piece*
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Feb 17, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
I really enjoyed watching DBZ with no filler. Even though the series goes downhill after the Majin Vegeta Saga, I'll definitely watch it.
Feb 17, 2014 11:38 AM
Dec 2013
At last! Thought I'd have to wait until November 2014 for this, but instead it's just around the corner. It's weird because I only finished watching the Buu saga of Dragon Ball Z (for the first time) early last year. Can't wait for the fusion dance again. Gotenks and Vegito. It's great living at a time where the Dragon Ball franchise is alive and kicking.

Unfortunately, I'm rewatching Dragon Ball Z right now, and am in the middle of the Frieza saga. No way am I going to finish the whole show again before DBK Buu saga, and it'd be too awkward to watch Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Z Kai at the same time. I want to watch the episodes while it's still new, but I might have to wait until I finish watching the Cell saga again in Dragon Ball Z, then watch the Buu saga in Dragon Ball Z Kai.

There's also the fact that in the UK, the original Dragon Ball will finally be released in DVD boxsets in a few months for the first time.
Feb 17, 2014 11:38 AM

Mar 2012
Not sure if I will watch it. The voices are a bit off.
Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Feb 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
This is great news. I'll probably wait for the English dub release though.
Feb 17, 2014 12:27 PM

Mar 2012
The Buu Saga in HD? yesss

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2007
YES! This is nice.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 17, 2014 1:22 PM
Feb 2012
Not giving a sh*t, but glad to see that it would be finishing up how the initial series should've ended. Yeah, got me pissed off too when I found out that they only covered up to the Cell saga for the Kai.
Feb 17, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
Yesss Buu Saga is my favorite saga
Feb 17, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
HAH! Didn't expect this I liked Kai a lot it was a much better version of the show. I can't wait to see this scene again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9arjPweezs & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdBk6voHE4
Feb 17, 2014 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
This is great. childhood reborn.

Feb 17, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2007
ToG25thBaam said:
link9us said:
I agree, the real DBZ series always remains the superior version. So much great comedy, and awesome arcs they cut out. Still not used to the difference in voice acting and music either.

Bruce Faulconer!

Hell yes, take me back to the 90's please.

Unfortunately this authentic version of dbz that was originally aired on toonami is just impossible to find. The only version i know of is the Rock the dragon box set. Everything now has just been completely remastered with the original Japanese audio tracks. I still say the uncut version of DBZ that they are releasing now on blu ray is the better way to go and the cropping more precise, they keep the native resolution unlike the orange brick sets which cropped it all to pieces.

Part of the love of DBZ is also seeing all of these characters emotional family ties and bonding and unfortunately alot of these were in filler and some even had censored material which was quite hilarious at times and Kai, since its all canon, some of these great moments are just going to be cut from the show.

But their is alot of people that prefer Kai over the original, personally since i grew up with DBZ, i always treasure the DBZ series.
ArtimesGamerFeb 17, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 17, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2007
Silent_Sword said:
Eh, might as well finished it.

Though, I wish some other anime got the Kai treatment. *cough, one piece*

One piece was great, the fillers were interesting and not as much padding. Their mistake was they didn't cancel the damn thing and wanted to keep running with it so now their to close to the manga, the last 3 arcs have dragged like crazy.

The one i wish is freaken naruto shippuuden, that one needs the Kai treatment more then anything lol and as popular as it is im sure it will happen, years down the line.

Feb 17, 2014 5:21 PM

Jun 2010
Buu is princess bubblegum...
"Deep."
Feb 17, 2014 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
Glad to hear the news. Buu saga was easily my favorite one.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

66 by MasterZeroFX »»
11 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 8 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.