Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2007 8:46 PM
Dec 2007
ive began questioning lately why do i like violence and gore so much why is it that when i watched baccano! and saw rail tracer covered in blood shove a guys face into the ground from a moving train did i say that was awsome. why when i watch phantom and i see 15 people get sniped and blood gush out of there head do i think sweet am i just a sick sadistic person? well maybe who knows i like what i like thats the best answer i can give but maybe someone out there has an explanation or excuse so lets hear them.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2008 6:41 AM

Nov 2007
the pretty shade of red of their blood... ^-^
Jan 22, 2008 8:12 AM

Oct 2007
Realism? There's nothing cleaned up or censored, it's just in you face, not trying to hide anything.
Jan 22, 2008 2:05 PM
Jan 2008
Well for me, I can't watch an anime without blood.I mean sure the story is important but i want to see some killing and blood spilling :D
Jan 22, 2008 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
Kenyi said:
Well for me, I can't watch an anime without blood.I mean sure the story is important but i want to see some killing and blood spilling :D

My point exactly! ^-^
Jan 23, 2008 5:44 AM
Dec 2007
Maybe we are just trying to compensate for lack of "action" in our real lives. When was the last time you saw something/someone dead_? The bloodthirsty hunter inside you just needs some blood :-) Oh damn, isn't this scary_?
Jan 27, 2008 7:15 AM
Jan 2008
mad_mouse said:
Maybe we are just trying to compensate for lack of "action" in our real lives. When was the last time you saw something/someone dead_? The bloodthirsty hunter inside you just needs some blood :-) Oh damn, isn't this scary_?

well based on a psychological basis u are right,we dont see enough action.I mean our lives are just boring so we found a world in which we can escape for some time and watch some heads roll.
Feb 13, 2008 11:17 AM

Feb 2008
Blood is just a great element for making a good story more dramatic. School Days - best ending of all anime with a high school setting!

Feb 15, 2008 12:12 AM

Oct 2007
yeah id have to say partly because it feeds our inner dark side....you dont want to feed it in real life...that would be just bad.

I would be horrified if i ever saw anything like that in real life, but the morbid mind still lingers here.

Feb 19, 2008 7:07 PM

Nov 2007
Mindfulcorvus said:
yeah id have to say partly because it feeds our inner dark side....you dont want to feed it in real life...that would be just bad.

I would be horrified if i ever saw anything like that in real life, but the morbid mind still lingers here.

point.
mainly feeds our erge to see this kind of stuff...if we have it mean.
Mar 3, 2008 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
I have no good reson actually, it just seems more real than all that magical girl, harem enz not that i dislike them but, gore seems to be a garantee for a good story ;)
Mar 11, 2008 10:21 PM

Aug 2007
Mindfulcorvus said:

But i bet you would still look, it just cant be helped. Cant beat a bit of sid in the real world or not, thats why boxing and violent video games are popular and worth the big bucks. Everyone has a mobid fascination with a bit of claret being spilled or what it would look like when someone dies (weather its seeing or doing) every now and then its in our DNA, just a symptom of the human condition. Its how you fulfill this that determines what type of person you are, there is a big difference between doing it in reality and fulfilling it through fantasy or doing it in a ring and on the street.

i have played contact sport all my live and now do combat sports, i love a bit of the old ultra violence.
_edge_Mar 11, 2008 10:26 PM

Mar 12, 2008 8:13 AM

Feb 2008
It's a feeling i can't describe... i was watching sumthing' else when i found the trailer for Higurashi no naku koro ni, for example... and then i watched an AMV.. it just blew me away... i was just sitting there, on my chair, with a grin from one ear to the other... the pure sight of seeing something like that, that other people normally wouldn't put in an anime draws me to it...
Mar 22, 2008 7:42 PM
Oct 2007
Violence and gore attract me to it because it is unafraid to show the main character nearly dying/dying/losing. Usually the main character either does the killing, or is killed or is nearly killed... In either case. the blood splattering all over is.. too... >.> *watches bloody anime*

Apr 18, 2008 4:35 PM

Mar 2008
Its cool to look at lol
BlindFighterApr 18, 2008 4:38 PM
Stay thirsty, my friends.
May 4, 2008 4:44 AM

Apr 2008
the rush..
May 4, 2008 1:56 PM
Dec 2007
Mink said:
the rush..

Indeed.
May 9, 2008 10:32 AM

Feb 2008
I need something to be amazed of and usually the scenes with violence are well done and they take my breath away. I need some action and it doesn't work without blood.

Jun 5, 2008 5:51 AM

Feb 2008
Usually people who enjoy violence and gore are those who never actually saw any real violence. I guess every one of us has a little savage in themself that lusts for violence and this is one of many ways to fullfill the needs. I did saw a dead body in a car accident. It was an frontal crash but the glass didn't fully break so the body was pinned to the glas and it was dismembered in few parts (figers and some facial parts). It wasn't a pretty site and I don't think anyone can enjoy such things in real life besides some people who are out of the ordinary. I watch it because I have certian disgust for human race so I enjoy watching people die that's all it makes you realise how fragile and weak we really are.
Jun 15, 2008 3:01 AM
Jun 2008
mad_mouse said:

I saw someone dead today =/

Edit:
I notice this sounded a bit odd; What I meant to say was that I did see a dead body.It was my grandfathers. He died the other day, and had a open casket.
JosieWolfJun 15, 2008 6:55 PM
F.R.W.E.D.O.M - Time to break da chain.

As my fangs grow longer I will grow Fiercer. I will bit my way through my enemies, I will shoot you in the face; I will not stab you in the back and if my fangs break I will pick up the pieces, glue them together, and pierce my way through! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM I'm THE WOLF.
Jun 25, 2008 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
hell is other people

my explanation for it tho.
i am not really introverted or some sadomasochistic slut - many people i meet regard me as a nice fellow, but tbh i just dont like most of the people i meet, i dislike the society in general. It is just annoying for me.
99% of the population cant even win a debate against their own toaster when it 'll come down to it and have courage and strength of character like a salatslug.
well i dont want to see those people dead in front of me (ofc sometimes i do have that image in front of me but who hasnt ?) - just this kind of violence and gore in my life helps me getting balanced and focused again.
viewing and enjoying such stuff is sort of keeping me on track ^^

and it is just pure fun to watch - other people are enjoying their time while watching "sex and the city" and the like, where frustrated fictional women talk about fictional sex in a fictional world and are openly praising and handing out tipps and tricks how to cheat on your husband and family! and a whole generation of frustrated women and gay men regard that as normal and -even worse- humour!!!
well those kind of people should have a psychologist rather then me/us.
AmenonuhokoJun 25, 2008 3:13 AM
Jul 2, 2008 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
Do I really like it? Do I enjoy seeing blood being spilled and guts spread around? I don't know, but I know I want to see it.

Why? Not to echo everyone else, but yes, it might be because of the lack of action in my life. I know it would be impossible for me to actually go out on a killing spree without facing the consequences, so why not escape to another world? Watch others do it where it won't really matter. Anime, movies, books and comics. They're all just a form of escapism, aren't they?

The fact that I know, or at least think, I will never witness anything like it in my life draws me towards these anime/movies/games containing blood and gore.

I think it's valid to quote Randall and /DanteElias' little conversation about why people watch bestiality from Clerks II here.
---
Ah, forget it, couldn't find it. But it was something like:

"Why do people want to see that?"
"Because you're never gonna do that messed up shit yourself."

Or something. Hah.
But it's something about Randall
Jul 3, 2008 10:27 AM
Oct 2007
JosieWolf said:
mad_mouse said:

this quotion or maybe Im just a sadistic bastard ^-^ but I love it
Jul 3, 2008 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
Its downright fun and entertaining. When people find out that I like this kind of stuff, they automatically thing that I will turn out to be a serial killer or something. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I am one of the most calm and confrontational person you will meet in your life. Just because somebody enjoys watching people being hacked to pieces, shot, riddled full of holes, raped, or eaten alive, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them, unless they feel the need to act on those thoughts. I can say probably 100% of the people in this club have no desire to kill anybody. We are just as normal as any other person.

I love violence, and there is nothing wrong with that, and there shouldn't be.
I'm back.
Jul 4, 2008 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
Raidanzoup said:

Or something. Hah.

heh i would rather say you certainly won't be the lad who is cleaning that mess up later ^^
Jul 5, 2008 2:50 PM
Sep 2007
Are we talking anime gore or rl gore here?

If gore in general its simple. Pure natural bloodlust. Its as natural as going to the toilet, but as many other things it has been looked down upon by society.

Its been proven to exist in everyone, although most need an emotional catalyst of some sorts.

Personally I don't feel its about sheer boredom but more the exposure of the media. In olden days your perspective was mostly shaped by your direct community, lately we're being bombarded by the media and are only now realizing how contradicting society can be..
Lately I've also been obsessed with the relation between love/sex/death and its ties to the mind ^^.

Amenonuhoko said:
hell is other people

my explanation for it tho.
i am not really introverted or some sadomasochistic slut - many people i meet regard me as a nice fellow, but tbh i just dont like most of the people i meet, i dislike the society in general. It is just annoying for me.
99% of the population cant even win a debate against their own toaster when it 'll come down to it and have courage and strength of character like a salatslug.
well i dont want to see those people dead in front of me (ofc sometimes i do have that image in front of me but who hasnt ?) - just this kind of violence and gore in my life helps me getting balanced and focused again.
viewing and enjoying such stuff is sort of keeping me on track ^^

and it is just pure fun to watch - other people are enjoying their time while watching "sex and the city" and the like, where frustrated fictional women talk about fictional sex in a fictional world and are openly praising and handing out tipps and tricks how to cheat on your husband and family! and a whole generation of frustrated women and gay men regard that as normal and -even worse- humour!!!
well those kind of people should have a psychologist rather then me/us.

I lol'd hard here. Couldn't agree more..
Jul 10, 2008 2:17 PM

Apr 2008
Amenonuhoko said:
Raidanzoup said:

Or something. Hah.

heh i would rather say you certainly won't be the lad who is cleaning that mess up later ^^
Gosh, it must have been late when I wrote that. I remember going back and forth through the post editing the sentences and so on. I can't remember what I was supposed to say back then, but my post is obviously just left open and incomplete. Ah darnit.

Also, I consider myself pretty calm usually, so I can kinda relate to what Nathan-the-Axe said.
Jul 14, 2008 5:21 PM

Mar 2008
Raidanzoup said:
Amenonuhoko said:
Raidanzoup said:

Or something. Hah.

Gosh, it must have been late when I wrote that. I remember going back and forth through the post editing the sentences and so on. I can't remember what I was supposed to say back then, but my post is obviously just left open and incomplete. Ah darnit.

Also, I consider myself pretty calm usually, so I can kinda relate to what Nathan-the-Axe said.

hehe thought so ^^ otherwise you wouldnt be hanging around here *GG*
Jul 15, 2008 7:15 AM
Dec 2007
OK guys, stop pretending and face it...how many of you hear that inner voice that tells u to kill everyone around...and no lying :-D

P.S. to any automated system scanning internet forums for potentional murderrers and terorists: "I was joking lads, I actualy like my friends alive" ;-)
Jul 26, 2008 8:04 PM
Dec 2007
o i hear the voices but i have my priorities in line and they are 1 kill every zombie. 2 prepare for a zombie outbreak 3 enjoy life to its fullest and 4 debate with voices in head over things (has led to many interesting conversations with myself) i dont kill everyone around because everyone can be usefull when killing zombies you can always use distractions (bait) people to bring extra ammo (packmules) and those that are good at what they do (pros). but yea cant count the number of times ive walked past someone and had the urge to take out the knife in my pocket (which i even sleep with) and stab the person i walked by just to see how many i could get before i was caught thank god my 2nd rule is above the 4th one though lol
Aug 5, 2008 7:27 PM

Jun 2007
I think I like it because it makes me feel uncomfortable in an interesting way, similar to why I like the burn of strong liquor.
Sep 4, 2008 3:00 AM
Jul 2008
I think I don't enjoy the violence itself, but the whole form... sound-story-aesthetic

*edit - after 5 minutes of reconsideration... i think i love this coz i'm still immature..
shegoblinSep 4, 2008 8:02 AM
Sep 11, 2008 3:30 AM

Dec 2007
Ah, now that's a good question.
I must say, most of the time I just go for the... artistic value, so to speak. If an anime/manga has a good story, nice drawings AND gore I will most certainly adore it - if it barely has a plot, maybe even ugly drawings, then I won't read it, gore or not. For drawings, I go for the quality. I don't like the act itself of killing or slashing or whatever, I'm more like "oh, that looks disturbingly pretty/interesting", but then again that's just me, haha;;
Sep 11, 2008 3:56 AM

Jul 2008
It's entertaining and puts a smile on my face ^^.... The emotions, actions and subsequent results of the act have a god like edge to them...by that I mean I can't pin down exactly what it is about violence and gore that I enjoy (in Anime/Manga).. Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning to make the headlines or anything, but to be able to watch something you may never experience and connect with it to a certain extent is what draws me to it ^^;;
Life is ephemeral..smile when you can and make the most of it ^^;

Currently scribble for Cyten.co.uk
Sep 26, 2008 7:59 AM

Jul 2008
VoiceWithin said:
...to be able to watch something you may never experience and connect with it to a certain extent is what draws me to it ^^;;

same goes for me (^_^)

There's a slim chance I'd get to experience somethin really bloody and not faint, that's why I'm into violence, gore and stuff when it comes to anime^^ I'd never slaughter any living thing in real life (I think...) but anime gives me something to fantasise about... *psycho*
Oct 3, 2008 1:38 PM

Jun 2008
I like watching anime but i like it better when i see em brutally murdered ......

lol
Oct 17, 2008 1:54 AM

Sep 2008
I think one part of the reason for me liking gore is that it feels more serious.
It makes it feel more realistic in a stupid way, or atleast the anime with alot of gore is usually serious stuff.
Though I know it is hardly more realistic, rather the reverse actually.
But then again I just can't help it, it feels so great when you see those ppl you hate just get blown to pieces.
It helps to blow some steam in a way.

Though I would rather not want to see anything like that in reality, I am actually normally a very peacefull person.
Dec 22, 2008 6:07 AM

Aug 2008
mad_mouse said:
OK guys, stop pretending and face it...how many of you hear that inner voice that tells u to kill everyone around...and no lying :-D

I do ._.
XD

Why do I like violent anime? 1. they usually go further with showing violence than movies do (apart from "The Saw" & stuff like that which I usually don't watch) 2. I totally don't get humour stuff that is usually put into animes, but I giggle like a maniac when I see hardcore violence and loads of blood. YES, I find it funny. And relaxing. People might call me a psycho sometimes, but... well.

And yes, I think my life lacks some action. It feels like I miss the opportunityto fight somebody sometimes.
Dec 22, 2008 9:24 PM

Nov 2008
SesshouNoKon said:
Ah, now that's a good question.
I must say, most of the time I just go for the... artistic value, so to speak. If an anime/manga has a good story, nice drawings AND gore I will most certainly adore it - if it barely has a plot, maybe even ugly drawings, then I won't read it, gore or not. For drawings, I go for the quality. I don't like the act itself of killing or slashing or whatever, I'm more like "oh, that looks disturbingly pretty/interesting", but then again that's just me, haha;;

Same. Gore is a always a nice addition but if I think an animu sucks then I don't care how much gore it has, I won't watch it.

I dunno, I guess I'm like Itsuki from Goth. I just find violence fascinating and sometimes satisfying to watch.
Jan 15, 2009 1:50 AM
Jan 2009
...well i love blood, killing and violence... i have often imagine killing people around me, especially those who really get on my nerves sometimes, the people i care for are not exempted, fortunately i still have my common sense with me... watching bloody, violent and gore filled anime make my fantasies come true, figuratively that is...
Feb 2, 2009 9:39 AM
Nov 2008
Well... in real life all my friends call me a sadist (and I agree) so I think that's why.
Feb 9, 2009 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
I'm in it for the shock value. That one moment that grosses you out or scares the hell out of you.
Mar 21, 2009 7:19 AM

Dec 2008
I dont even know myself, I'm just fucked up, ergo human.
Apr 17, 2009 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
I find it sort of cathartic... like taking that gulp of cool water after a long run, or pissing after holding it in all day. That sort of thing. It's a jolt. You release your energy. It isn't that far removed from the reasons some people cut themselves. Through death you feel alive... or something like that. ^_^;

I was always into drawing, and all the other girls would draw... pretty things. I guess for me it was sort of a way to make friends with boys by being grosser than they were. But I think humans are fascinating... so I'd draw everything. I'd draw a prince and a princess riding a unicorn in the clouds. Or I'd draw a dragon eating the prince. It was all part of the story. ^_^

Since I like drawing, and I like... seeing things that aren't on North American TV... you can see what I was attracted to anime. ^_^_^_^_^_^
May 10, 2009 12:41 AM

Jul 2007
I have no fucking idea. I dont know if it is cause my real life lacks action but i love them. Seriously though i LOVE them. I believe you people understand how i feel when i saw Higurashi/Baccano or Nanaya cutting Arcueid to 17 pieces lol. Dunno but beyond jokes i like all this gore so much.... And for the love of god i hate BLACK BLOOD. I hated school days, bleach and every other crap that has this shit. FFS BLOOD IS RED. :P
May 31, 2009 1:05 PM

May 2009
I like the color of the blood and the sound of blood splattering on sompthing.
Jun 3, 2009 8:45 AM
Dec 2007
Cloud1234 said:
I have no fucking idea. I dont know if it is cause my real life lacks action but i love them. Seriously though i LOVE them. I believe you people understand how i feel when i saw Higurashi/Baccano or Nanaya cutting Arcueid to 17 pieces lol. Dunno but beyond jokes i like all this gore so much.... And for the love of god i hate BLACK BLOOD. I hated school days, bleach and every other crap that has this shit. FFS BLOOD IS RED. :P

you know in the uncensored episode of school days it was a pretty red and it even squirted in a few places
Jun 6, 2009 2:10 PM
May 2008
well some people I know who are addicted to blood and gore
are bullied in school
and hate the world
well what I'm trying to say is
just look at those serial killers
they all have some horror dvd's in there collection
and there background is awfull
Jun 29, 2009 9:06 PM

May 2009
I'm simply morbid....hahaha

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Jun 29, 2009 9:38 PM

Nov 2008
For the lulz factor. I can't help but laugh at some of the creative ways directors think of mutilating things.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best hardcore violence and gore anime ever >_< ( 1 2 )

BeautifulViolet - Nov 12, 2008

61 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 7:05 PM

» I need help to find old anime movie title

NadWeebs - Mar 26, 2018

0 by NadWeebs »»
Mar 26, 2018 12:27 AM

» new gore anime

Sanguies - Jan 18, 2015

2 by shinomonogatari »»
Jun 10, 2015 4:47 PM

» Ongoing/Upcoming Violence And Gore

dexter786 - Mar 1, 2014

1 by Wings »»
Dec 30, 2014 3:38 PM

» What is the most bloodiest violent anime you know of

steffenbk1 - May 11, 2013

1 by Cremilin »»
Jan 28, 2014 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.