Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2009
'I'm here for you Volian Clark, and I'm coming to get you.' The demonic voice broke through my realistic dream like a bullet through a pane of glass, leaving me gasping for breath. I knew it was just a simple dream but the voice sounded so real that it made me enquire.

"It's just a dream," I whispered to myself as my alarm went off frightening both me and my cat, Fluffy. She bolted out of my bedroom door as I followed her to get ready for school, putting my dream far behind me.

. . .

Thirty minutes later I was riding the usual bumpy ride on the school bus. Although I wasn’t old enough to drive yet, the bus wasn't really that bad once you overruled the annoying students that also rode. Besides, I wouldn't have to put up with it for much longer because tomorrow was a Saturday and the end of the school year was right around the corner.

My classes went as normal as ever, which also meant as boring as ever. Fortunately, I only had half of my eight classes, so after gathering my stuff and fighting to get off the bus, I met up with my best friend Cheyenne Alexanter.

Upon leaving my home base, I met up with her once more as we walked to our first period classes. The day flew by with amazing speed after that and soon the school day was over and I was rounding the corner to get to the big, yellow bus.

'Crap!' I thought. I had just remembered that I had forgotten my algebra book. I knew I might miss the bus, so I quickly ran back around the side of the building to retrieve it. That was when my life was forever changed.

By rounding the side of the building I noticed two people standing motionless. They had what some people might call a look that could kill. I later found out just how right I was. I slowly approached the people, forgetting about all assignments and classes, and I soon realized that the double consisted of a muscular, middle- aged man who was pointing a gun at a very handsome boy. He looked only a few years older than me. They were so preoccupied at staring each other down, neither of them saw me until the middle-aged man pulled the trigger and I ran.

Searing pain ripped through my side and arm as the bullet shot right through both of them. The last two things that I noticed before unconsciousness took over were that the man had disappeared in a
blink of an eye and that the boy was running towards me screaming my name.

I couldn't see anything through the foggy gray that came next, but I heard everything. The one sound that I was disappointed I didn't hear was the sound of an ambulance. I could feel things too, such as the searing pain that went on without a stop. I also felt someone pick me up and carry me until we eventually entered a hot, humid place. I heard a gasp and knew we were not alone.

“What happened to her?" an elderly voice shrieked.

“Wyley came to my school with a gun and tried to shoot me but Volian jumped in the way," the boy said in a rush. "Can you help her?"

" I'll see what I can do. Lay her down over here." I didn't know what to expect, so I tried to open my eyes to let them know that I was awake. Eventually, I was face to face with the boy. I don't know why, but I automatically decided that his name could be Christopher.

“You’ll be okay," he said. "We're going to have to give you a shot to knock you out, though." He held up the injection.

“I trust you, Christopher," I said without thinking. I later realized how much of an idiot I must've seemed like, for both trusting someone I didn't even know and for practically telling that someone that I was insane.

He smiled mysteriously as if proud of either me or himself. He shot the injection in my arm and I drifted off to sleep.

I didn't feel any less pain when I awoke, but I did feel more conscious of what was going on around me. I cracked open my eyes and saw Christopher sleeping on a couch that was near the bed that I had been laid upon. I tried to sit up but found that I was too feeble and sore so I lay back down. It seemed that Christopher must have had good instincts because he had awakened and jumped off the couch.

“How are you? Are you in any pain?" he asked with a very concerned look on his face.

I didn't want him to be any more worried, so I exchanged his questions with my own. "What happened? Where are we? What happened to the man that I heard earlier?"

“Oh, you mean Eby, he's sleeping right now. I think he got worn out from all the operating he did last night. To make the story short, at school yesterday you got shot by a man named Wyley La Tear. The bullet went completely through your stomach and arm. As for your other question we're at Eby's house."

" I know this is going to sound random, but is Eby his real name?" I asked with a completely confused look.

Christopher chuckled, "No but his real name is so long and confusing that I just call him Eby. Besides, I'm pretty sure that when he first told me his name it started with Eby. "He shrugged.

“Why did that Wyley guy shoot me?" I asked in an exasperating tone, remembering his explanation.

“He wasn't aiming for you; he was really trying to kill me until you jumped in the way. Listen- I'm sorry for that. I should have pushed you away and-"

" Don't worry about me. I don't regret what I did. You could have been killed and I was simply wounded," I laid my hand upon his as if to calm him down. I wanted to lighten the mood so I then added, "And besides, this way you're well enough to go get that Wyley guy back."

He laughed as the elder man that I know knew as Eby walked in the room and asked, "What’s going on in here?"

" I'm sorry. I hope we didn't wake you," I explained for both of us.

“No, you guys didn't wake me. I actually came in here to check on you. How are you feeling, Volian?"

" Better," I lied, "but wait- how did you know my name? And come to think of it how do you know my name?" I asked Christopher. I then added, "What’s your name anyway? I'm so confused!"

" I believe you have a lot if explaining to do so I'm going to leave the two of you alone," Eby said speaking to Christopher. I could tell that he was a little shy.

After Eby left, Christopher took a deep breath and began, "I'm afraid this is going to take a while, so I better get started. You see, the two of us aren't like everybody else and we were born that way for a reason." Christopher stopped with a shuddering breath, but before I could ask he continued. "The world is not as peaceful of a place as you think it is; in fact it's rather devastating. People are begin killed everyday, and not from natural occurrences. It's- it's because they were Wyley and Chad's pawns."

" Who's this Chad guy?" I questioned.

“Chad, oh, he's Wyley's 'right hand man' so to speak. He does all of his bidding for him, unless Wyley really wants to do it himself. If you ask me though, I think that Chad really doesn't care about Wyley. I think he just wants to take over Wyley’s power when he least expects it. But, anyway, the main people that you should know about would be Wyley, Chad, and Carissa; she is Wyley's wife and Chad's sister."

" Why is Wyley out to get you? Is there even a reason?" I asked now even more confused then when we started off.

“What Eby and I think it was was his brother. You see, Wyley used to be a normal boy until one day he found out that his brother was different than the average human being. Special you could say."

" What made him special?"

Christopher had a look of doubt across his face when he reluctantly answered, "He had special powers."

" Well I guess that would make sense. Wyley was jealous of his brother, right?" I asked before receiving a confused look from Christopher. "What?"

" I just told you that a guy had superpowers and you didn't even freak out."

" That doesn't mean that I believe you," I explained.

“Well, you should because this isn't just a story it's the truth." Christopher said this so seriously that I finally started to realize that he wasn’t kidding. That was when the panic came. It's not easy to believe the world is all one way and then find out it isn't. "You mean he had powers?!

This is only the first part of it, feel free to tell me what you think!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 11, 2009 12:31 AM
May 2009
It's a very strange topic (which makes it even better cause it's not your basic story) but it definitally had a great beginning. And I look forward to reading more of it. Please read my story to. ;3
Jul 11, 2009 10:14 AM

Dec 2008
pretty good though try adding a bit more detail to your surroundings. It's quite interesting and has a good storyline which makes you want to read more. Please keep writing and have a new chapter soon cause I honestly can't wait until a new chapter comes out I'm curious as to what happens next

~Signature made by Dea37s~

Night Academy I.D.
Jul 11, 2009 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
Thank you for the comments! I'll start writing another hopefully more descriptive part to it!! :~>
Jul 11, 2009 11:29 PM

Jul 2009
After explaining to me that yes, this strange brother of Wyley did indeed have special powers, I think I went into a sort of shock. I had read plenty of books where a girl finds out about another person who has powers and was possibly supposed to save the world. The only difference between that story and mine as that the person in the movie was okay about it, but I on the other hand was not sure if I was going to be okay. It was bad enough that I had just been shot, but to know that the psychopathic man that had shot me had a brother with special powers was enough for any person to handle all at once.

It was at times like these when I wished that I could see the expression upon my own face. I say this because all of a sudden Christopher’s expression seemed became very worried. “Volian, are you okay? I didn’t mean to freak you out, I just wanted to let you know that all of this involves you too. Try and get some sleep for now, I’ll come back later and finish telling you later. I know that it can be very hard to believe all of this. In fact, when I was first told this by Eby I think I about passed out.” I could tell that Christopher was only trying to make me feel better about freaking out like this, but it was working.

Christopher got up to leave but sat back down after I said, “No, you don’t have to go. Please finish telling me about it, but first can I ask a question?”

“Yeah, sure,” He said with a totally relieved expression.

Now was when the terror started to edge its way into my nervous system and make the adrenaline pump through my veins. The only reason that I was feeling this confusing emotion was because I knew the answer to my own question; the one that I was yet to ask. “What’s your name?” I whispered almost inaudibly.

“Christopher.”

“Oh my gosh,” I almost shrieked. That was all it took for me to believe him. There was no other way that we could have known each others names. It was then that I realized the undeniable truth; we had powers just like Wyley’s brother.

Now that I was basically forced to believe everything that Christopher, or Chris as he preferred, said, I reluctantly sat in the small, light green room and heard countless stories of life, fighting, and death. He finished telling me about Wyley’s life, about how hard it had been for him as a child up until the disaster. The disaster was what everyone used to refer to the time when Wyley’s life was changed forever, like mine. I know knew all about the cold, rainy night when it had happened. I was told that as Wyndell, Wyley’s brother, went outside one evening to go for a brisk walk with Wyley when they were suddenly attacked by what was later described as a “gang”. The members left Wyley wounded and Wyndell dead. When the two young boys were finally found but it was already too late for Wyndell. They did, however, tend to Wyley who had received a gaping wound right above his two colorless eyes. Days later Wyley was released from the hospital and sent back to his hometown where everyone blamed him for the death of his younger brother.

Years later Wyley finally met Carissa, the girl of his dreams. He knew that she would not want to be with him if she knew what he did for a living, due to her kind heart. So he lied to her, telling her that he worked for charities, completely blinded by his love for her.

Although, when meeting Carissa he also met another important person in his life, Chad; Chad had a devious mind and was angered at Wyley’s enemies from past experiences. So after marrying the love of his life he told Chad about the real him and asked him to join him in taking down the groups of kids that they believed had hurt them before. There was only one condition and that was that Chad was unable to tell his sister. So, Chad agreed and became Wyley’s sidekick without telling his sister anything. Which Chad decided never to do because he didn’t want to hurt her, knowing how much she loved the image that she had of her husband but also knowing that she deserved better.

I was beginning to form the idea in my mind that Chad and Carissa weren’t really bad people, they were just faced with tough decisions and that if the time ever arose I would try to help them rather then hurt them.

It was at this point that Christopher began to get serious because he was about to start talking about our part in all of this. “This is going to sound like it came out of a movie, but are job is to make sure that nobody else gets hurt, including us. We may not know the extent of out powers now, but we have to remember that Wyley will be after us too.”
Jul 12, 2009 9:41 PM

Jul 2009
“Now is when you have to face a tough decision that I have had to face before, too. I don’t want to get you any more injured then you already are, so I swear to you that I promise to protect you if ever needed. The question is: are you willing to fight with us if the time ever arises? I also want you to know that I’m asking you this against my will and that I have no other way.” Chris seemed very hopeful that I would say no, but we both knew I couldn’t. “Of course, I’m going to give you some time to think about all this. You should probably get some sleep; it’s getting late.”

Chris got up and left the room after muttering a quiet ‘good night’. I wondered where all of this was going to lead to. If one of us were ever to be killed what would happen? I also wondered if anything would happen if I turned him down. I knew that I probably wouldn’t be able to even if I wanted to though; I was known to have a soft spot for people that needed help. My questions continued after that with one question leading to another and so forth. After a time, I realized how exhausted I really was and fell into a dreamless slumber.

When I was finally brought awake by the clamor of noise that was always inside my head, I realized that I felt a lot better. I knew that I was not completely healed, but I was well enough to get out of bed. When I walked out of the room that I had been in, I realized two important facts that I knew I needed to know about soon. They were both so obvious that I was surprised I hadn’t thought about it before. Number one was that my family was probably worried as to my whereabouts. Number two was that I was completely lost as of how to get around this place.

So, I started walking around and memorizing the house as if it were my own. I walked through the beige painted hallway that withheld old black and white photos. Most of the photos were of a young boy surrounded by many people. The other photographs were of an older man. The man always had a little boy by his side; from when the boy was a baby until he began to resemble Chris. I left the hallway that contained memories until I rounded the corner into a big, oval dining room. The wall had been painted a deep red and in the center sat a black table with six chairs around it. There was a hutch the color of the furniture in the far corner that contained many contemporary dishes. The dining room then led to the kitchen where I finally found Chris and Eby. The kitchen made me gasp due to the beautiful design of it. There was a stainless steel countertop atop a big island that was set in the middle of all the cherry colored cabinets. Chris must have heard me gasp, because he turned around and laughed at my wondrous expression.

“Are you hungry,” he asked me and when I nodded led me back to the dining room. I now noticed that the table had been set and that food lay upon the plates. I followed Chris into the room and after sitting down we began to eat. The food was absolutely scrumptious and after telling Chris that he explained to me that Eby used to be a chef; I wasn’t surprised.

Now was when I had to tell him what I had been thinking about. “Chris, I think I should be getting home. I’m sure my parents are terrified as to wondering where I am,” I explained to him.

“Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to tell you. Eby called your parents yesterday saying that you were staying the night at your best friend Cheyenne’s house.”

“How did you know that my best friend’s name was Cheyenne?” The only reply I got to that was Chris tapping his head. “Oh.” Our powers were beginning to freak me out a little bit. It was kind of creepy how we just knew things sometimes. I was glad that we couldn’t read minds because I don’t know about you but I prefer to keep my thoughts to myself. “By the way, I have decided to help you out. I don’t know what good I can due, but it sounds like you need me so I’ll do whatever I can to assist you.”

“Do you want me to show you around Eby’s place?” Chris said by accepting my answer and changing the subject. “I’m sure you’re getting confused as to where everything is.”

“Yeah, that’d be great!” I said with true enthusiasm. I was actually excited to see more of Eby’s home and learn more about Chris.

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. Chris and I looked at each other curiously as we headed to the door to see what could have brought visitors. We opened the door and were greeted by having to dodge the bullets that were coming from all directions. I could see Eby sneaking along the corner, ready to attack. Chris and I found safety hiding behind the couch that had been gratefully set near the front door. We knew that we couldn’t stay here for long so we prepared to get up and help Eby get these intruders away from this house. As we stood up we noticed that Eby was fighting with one of the two guys. The other one was slowly walking toward us.
Jul 19, 2009 8:18 PM

Jul 2009
“Stay back Voli, I’ve got this,” Chris said while keeping his focus upon the guy that was making his way toward us.

“No,” I replied while I went to stand beside him. I knew that I couldn’t let him fight on his own, but I also knew that I shouldn’t try to push my luck seeing as I had only recently been able to get out of bed.

The guy was know standing only inches away from us and to make matters worse he had just pulled out a gun that looked like the same one that Wyley had used yesterday. The thought of it still sent shivers through my body. Sure I was scared, but this time I wasn’t going to let the same thing happen to me, or anyone with that matter. But then I was faced with reality: what could I possibly be able to do to this monster of a human that was currently standing before me? I knew that I was going to have to think fast, so I stared at the gun that was pointing at Chris while I thought. Unfortunately, by the time that the guy pulled the trigger my brain was even more empty of ideas then it had been by the time I decided that I needed a plan.

This time Chris was prepared for what ever insanity that he must’ve thought I could think up, for he stood in front of me grasping my arms so that I was unable to go anywhere; yet nothing happened. There was no loud bang or even a noise other then me, who had been yelling at Chris to let me go.

I realized what had happened before everybody else, so I took advantage of the time when Chris was frozen in place along with the others except for the man holding the gun. He was still very confused on why his gun had suddenly unloaded itself.

I ran up to the gun holder and punched him hard in the face with my good hand, seeing as my other was heavily bandaged. While he was trying to stop the blood that was gushing from his nose I ran up to the man that Eby had been struggling with and gave him a hard kick in the chest that left him gasping for breath.

Before I could react at all, the first man came up to me and kicked me hard in the back as if to get back at me for injuring his friend, who was lying face down on the floor. Even in a time of danger all I could think was, that’s going to leave a mark.

It seemed that Chris had been able to pull himself together because he came up to the man and started to fight with him. All I could do was stand there and marvel at how great the man was at fighting, and how Chris seemed to keep up with him without even breaking a sweat. Finally, Chris gave the man a hard kick that landed straight on his chest making the man stop fighting for a time while he caught his breath. I had noticed that the other man had caught his breath, too, and had gotten up only to run out the door with his partner but not before yelling, “I’ll be back for revenge, Christopher!” When they yelled this it almost made me start giggling because of how phony it sounded.

My laughter was stopped automatically when I saw Christopher and Eby’s beaten up faces, and I headed to go find a first-aid kit so that I could bandage all their cuts and scrapes. What seemed like ages later, I found what I had been looking for and went back to the foyer where Chris and Eby were sitting trying to regain their strength. All those shows on the Health Channel were beginning to really pay off when I saw that their injuries weren’t too bad, but needed to be fixed immediately.
Jul 19, 2009 8:42 PM

Dec 2008
pretty good story it's still got an interesting concept and I can't wait to find out more

~Signature made by Dea37s~

Night Academy I.D.
Jul 19, 2009 8:44 PM

Jul 2009
Thanks!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» For Those Who Don't Believe in God (Part 3 posted)

FALLEN101 - Sep 14, 2009

6 by FALLEN101 »»
Nov 4, 2010 9:18 AM

» Practicing Roleplaying, Feedback is welcome.

BlackOperations - May 5, 2010

1 by BlackOperations »»
May 5, 2010 8:27 PM

» Gekokujou~

annabloem - Apr 8, 2010

1 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 6:33 PM

» Define 'Criminal' (3rd Chapter Up)

FALLEN101 - Feb 17, 2010

7 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 3:37 PM

» Member cards ( 1 2 )

BlazingDevil - Jul 19, 2009

87 by Kanra_Orihara »»
Apr 8, 2010 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.