MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Bakemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Bakemonogatari »» Bakemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

349 69.66%
4 out of 5: Liked it

114 22.75%
3 out of 5: It was OK

29 5.79%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 0.80%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 1.00%
Voters: 501

07-13-09, 9:42 PM

the animation was a bit over the top. not to mention too ordinary by their standards. i should not have to see too much of another anime into a new one. they could make it their "own" without really making it too similar to what they have done or always do.

as far as story though it played out well. her character changed a bit too much though. i guess that's what you become when u can feel again.

07-13-09, 9:53 PM

I wasn't expecting that much fanservice but I liked it lol. It was as enjoyable as the first episode. Now that Hitagi's situation has been resolved I'm curious to see where the story goes from here.

07-13-09, 11:25 PM

The fanservice was actually pretty good. Understand a lot more now with this episode. The show is great but also seems a little weird at times.

07-13-09, 11:27 PM

noteDhero said:
Not much else to say, it feels like Mononoke, SZS, and Mushishi had a baby.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Ooshino = Ginko :p

For some reason, I have a feeling that the opening will be different in the next episode.

07-13-09, 11:27 PM

Saw it on /a/. lol.

07-13-09, 11:40 PM

I loved the episode but I have to say I'm going to be disappointed if we completely lose her sharp tongue and she turns all nice. That was the highlight for me. How she was so dangerous while also a complete smart-ass.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America

07-14-09, 12:28 AM

fan service + word play + dramatic parts + good animation = WIN.. now i have no more doubts about continuing this series..

07-14-09, 1:36 AM

mcjazzman32 said:
I loved the episode but I have to say I'm going to be disappointed if we completely lose her sharp tongue and she turns all nice. That was the highlight for me. How she was so dangerous while also a complete smart-ass.

I don't think we've seen the last of that Senjougahara.

Anyway great episode, I like how they dug deep into Senjougahara's past and resolved her problems, but I thought that would have taken up the whole series. Well it'll be interesting to see how the story continues from here and man did Araragi gain some weight XD.

07-14-09, 1:49 AM

PsychFreak said:
mcjazzman32 said:

I don't think we've seen the last of that Senjougahara.

Anyway great episode, I like how they dug deep into Senjougahara's past and resolved her problems, but I thought that would have taken up the whole series. Well it'll be interesting to see how the story continues from here and man did Araragi gain some weight XD.

I don't think we've seen the last of her either. I think that weight was added to him for reason to be later revealed, which will result in the return of Senjougahara.

07-14-09, 2:09 AM

Awesome episode, seeing into her past, discovering what ailed her, interaction between 2 MC's, no action is needed for this anime to be good. Haven't seen something that I felt was this original and fun to watch since Higashi no eden (even though that wasn't that long ago xD)

07-14-09, 2:22 AM
Anime Moderator
i can say with 100% certainty that this is the best anime for the summer even after only seeing 2 episodes.

5/5.

i can't wait to see where this anime goes. i know it doesn't sound too realistic, but i hope there's some romance :3

07-14-09, 3:53 AM

I really enjoyed this episode, having been explained further about the mystery of Senjogahara's missing weight being her "heavy" feelings towards the childhood incident. They really delved into Senjogahara's mind and I got to understand her much better.
I also liked the fact that they still managed to keep the mood light, despite the depressing and dramatic talk about cults and emotional scarring, with Senjogahara's mockery, Araragi's reaction to fan service and him being woken up by his sisters.
Honestly, this anime seems to have everything from close observations of the characters and drama to great action scenes and comedy.
Also when his weight almost doubled...he wasn't depressed by even half as much as Senjogahara was when she found out about her own weight issues. Why? lol~
Also worth noting that this week's OP was quite good as well, which makes me look forward to the next OP, and maybe the next ED since Senjogahara arc is now over.

07-14-09, 4:59 AM

Haylias said:

Saw it on /a/. lol.

Agree.

Also, Oshino is badass.

07-14-09, 5:18 AM

Great episode. I feel the urge to staple something.

07-14-09, 9:01 AM

izzy92 said:
Staplers... hmmh. Well at least in this one she got her feelings back which is a good thing. But the guy gained 45 kilos!! That's a lot. :/

He grew a brain :D

07-14-09, 11:23 AM

lol, as explained in the episode, omoi in Japanese can mean "feelings", as well as "weight/heavy" when written with a different kanji.... I also lol'ed at the insertion of kanji all over the place. They actually mean a lot if you understand them. I liked when they used the ancient seal script kanji: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_Script

Actually, the covers of Japanese passports were written with seal script.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

07-14-09, 11:30 AM

Hybrid00 said:
Haylias said:

Saw it on /a/. lol.

Agree.

Also, Oshino is badass.
Pretty lame comparison.
Ii tenki desu ne...

07-14-09, 1:05 PM

I love this series so far. Araragi's sisters are cute. :)

07-14-09, 2:30 PM

guess this is one of the better series this season, and a few side notes:
Oshino, why do you look like a pervert?
Cute sister's you've got Araragi.
Fuck Yeah for sketchy Gods : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.

07-14-09, 4:24 PM

wow, shaft sucks.

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices