Episode Information
Forums

Pages (6) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 4.2 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Bakemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 13, 2009 9:42 PM

the animation was a bit over the top. not to mention too ordinary by their standards. i should not have to see too much of another anime into a new one. they could make it their "own" without really making it too similar to what they have done or always do.

as far as story though it played out well. her character changed a bit too much though. i guess that's what you become when u can feel again.

Jul 13, 2009 9:53 PM

I wasn't expecting that much fanservice but I liked it lol. It was as enjoyable as the first episode. Now that Hitagi's situation has been resolved I'm curious to see where the story goes from here.

Jul 13, 2009 11:25 PM

The fanservice was actually pretty good. Understand a lot more now with this episode. The show is great but also seems a little weird at times.

Jul 13, 2009 11:27 PM

noteDhero said:
Not much else to say, it feels like Mononoke, SZS, and Mushishi had a baby.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Ooshino = Ginko :p

For some reason, I have a feeling that the opening will be different in the next episode.

Jul 13, 2009 11:27 PM

Saw it on /a/. lol.

Jul 13, 2009 11:40 PM

I loved the episode but I have to say I'm going to be disappointed if we completely lose her sharp tongue and she turns all nice. That was the highlight for me. How she was so dangerous while also a complete smart-ass.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America

Jul 14, 2009 12:28 AM

fan service + word play + dramatic parts + good animation = WIN.. now i have no more doubts about continuing this series..

Jul 14, 2009 1:36 AM

mcjazzman32 said:
I loved the episode but I have to say I'm going to be disappointed if we completely lose her sharp tongue and she turns all nice. That was the highlight for me. How she was so dangerous while also a complete smart-ass.

I don't think we've seen the last of that Senjougahara.

Anyway great episode, I like how they dug deep into Senjougahara's past and resolved her problems, but I thought that would have taken up the whole series. Well it'll be interesting to see how the story continues from here and man did Araragi gain some weight XD.

Jul 14, 2009 1:49 AM

PsychFreak said:
mcjazzman32 said:

I don't think we've seen the last of that Senjougahara.

Anyway great episode, I like how they dug deep into Senjougahara's past and resolved her problems, but I thought that would have taken up the whole series. Well it'll be interesting to see how the story continues from here and man did Araragi gain some weight XD.

I don't think we've seen the last of her either. I think that weight was added to him for reason to be later revealed, which will result in the return of Senjougahara.

Jul 14, 2009 2:09 AM

Awesome episode, seeing into her past, discovering what ailed her, interaction between 2 MC's, no action is needed for this anime to be good. Haven't seen something that I felt was this original and fun to watch since Higashi no eden (even though that wasn't that long ago xD)

Jul 14, 2009 2:22 AM
Anime Moderator
i can say with 100% certainty that this is the best anime for the summer even after only seeing 2 episodes.

5/5.

i can't wait to see where this anime goes. i know it doesn't sound too realistic, but i hope there's some romance :3

Jul 14, 2009 3:53 AM

I really enjoyed this episode, having been explained further about the mystery of Senjogahara's missing weight being her "heavy" feelings towards the childhood incident. They really delved into Senjogahara's mind and I got to understand her much better.
I also liked the fact that they still managed to keep the mood light, despite the depressing and dramatic talk about cults and emotional scarring, with Senjogahara's mockery, Araragi's reaction to fan service and him being woken up by his sisters.
Honestly, this anime seems to have everything from close observations of the characters and drama to great action scenes and comedy.
Also when his weight almost doubled...he wasn't depressed by even half as much as Senjogahara was when she found out about her own weight issues. Why? lol~
Also worth noting that this week's OP was quite good as well, which makes me look forward to the next OP, and maybe the next ED since Senjogahara arc is now over.

Jul 14, 2009 4:59 AM

Haylias said:

Saw it on /a/. lol.

Agree.

Also, Oshino is badass.

Jul 14, 2009 5:18 AM

Great episode. I feel the urge to staple something.

Jul 14, 2009 9:01 AM

izzy92 said:
Staplers... hmmh. Well at least in this one she got her feelings back which is a good thing. But the guy gained 45 kilos!! That's a lot. :/

He grew a brain :D

Jul 14, 2009 11:23 AM

lol, as explained in the episode, omoi in Japanese can mean "feelings", as well as "weight/heavy" when written with a different kanji.... I also lol'ed at the insertion of kanji all over the place. They actually mean a lot if you understand them. I liked when they used the ancient seal script kanji: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_Script

Actually, the covers of Japanese passports were written with seal script.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Jul 14, 2009 11:30 AM

Hybrid00 said:
Haylias said:

Saw it on /a/. lol.

Agree.

Also, Oshino is badass.
Pretty lame comparison.
Ii tenki desu ne...

Jul 14, 2009 1:05 PM

I love this series so far. Araragi's sisters are cute. :)

Jul 14, 2009 2:30 PM

guess this is one of the better series this season, and a few side notes:
Oshino, why do you look like a pervert?
Cute sister's you've got Araragi.
Fuck Yeah for sketchy Gods : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Jul 14, 2009 4:24 PM

wow, shaft sucks.

Jul 14, 2009 4:58 PM

mel said:
wow, shaft sucks.

You rated this series a one after two episodes, and you are still watching it... wow

Jul 14, 2009 5:28 PM

iSwordsman said:
mel said:
wow, shaft sucks.

You rated this series a one after two episodes, and you are still watching it... wow

Dont mind him, he just loves Senjougahara so much that he decides to act Tsundere for her ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 14, 2009 5:31 PM

abrasicu said:
iSwordsman said:
mel said:
wow, shaft sucks.

Dont mind him, he just loves Senjougahara so much that he decides to act Tsundere for her ;)
Well played.

Jul 14, 2009 8:48 PM

Hm, I think Shinobu's reminding me of Rika Furude from Higurashi in her dejected state. I'm wondering if her character ends up coming into play later on~

Jul 14, 2009 10:02 PM

So Araragi gains 45 kilos, the same weight as Hitagi. Does this somehow mean that he's carrying her burdens as well? Or implying that he wants to carry her burdens? It would be so LOL if he became "responsible" for her.

mcjazzman32 said:

I don't think she's going to lose that sharp tongue. She's still yandere after all. That was just a dere moment. :P

Jul 14, 2009 10:44 PM

I agree great episode loved the humour in the beggining of the episode. I really like how the anime is presented to the audience its definitely very different from your usual anime. The story doesn't seem to suck me in but I think this series will probably end up being one of the better 09 series and therefore I'll keep watching it. :D

Jul 14, 2009 10:55 PM

JoyDivision said:
I don't think she's going to lose that sharp tongue. She's still yandere after all. That was just a dere moment. :P

Nope, not Yandere, TSUNDERE as she always claims to be one.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 14, 2009 11:49 PM

JoyDivision said:
So Araragi gains 45 kilos, the same weight as Hitagi. Does this somehow mean that he's carrying her burdens as well? Or implying that he wants to carry her burdens? It would be so LOL if he became "responsible" for her.
Well.. they DID say those Gods were a sketchy bunch so .. : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Jul 15, 2009 12:03 AM

This is my favorite show this season. Holy god...I'm just...in awe. Too bad, like Ef, this will probably never see an American dvd release because I would kill to own physical copies of this anime. And that's just from seeing the first two episodes.

Jul 15, 2009 7:43 AM

Definitely an improvement from the first episode. Yes, everything is clarified substantially and we get to see why Senjougahara was a such a b***h the 1st time around. I like how the series is going at the moment. Can't w8 to c more of Hitagi as well.

One of my favs this season, no qualms.
Modified by Yldyn, Jul 16, 2009 2:50 AM

Jul 15, 2009 7:48 AM

Oosran said:

Sketchy is not the right translation. It would make more sense to use "careless."

Hopefully the last bit makes more sense now.
Modified by DarkSageRK, Jul 15, 2009 7:53 AM

Jul 15, 2009 8:28 AM

pretty nice episode. the animation is really cool.
i wonder if next episode story would be completely diferent, because this seemed like it ended there.

Jul 15, 2009 8:55 AM

Dayan said:
pretty nice episode. the animation is really cool.
i wonder if next episode story would be completely diferent, because this seemed like it ended there.

Yes it would seem so but as mentioned in the synopsis the preceeding chapters will play a substantial role for the subsequent chapters. In what way I don't know though. :D

Jul 15, 2009 3:04 PM

Alexstratz said:
[Edit] Random Curiosity noticed staplers having sex in the OP. xD

i checked that link 3 times and just now i saw it >.<''

Jul 15, 2009 3:08 PM

DarkSageRK said:
Oosran said:

Sketchy is not the right translation. It would make more sense to use "careless."

oh well, to be completely honest, I would probably be able to use both sketchy and careless in the same kind of sentence.. it kinda makes the same sense to me anyway : p

Jul 15, 2009 3:10 PM

Good episode. I am loving the animation so far. I thought the depiction of the crab was pretty unique. Also, they sure didn't cut back on the fan service, lol (not that I have a problem with it). The story is intriguing and well thought out, imo. However, the characters appear to be following standard archetypes. I hope that there's some major character development that separates the characters in this series from the archetypes of useless dude and tsundere. The music so far is superb as well. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series. :D

Jul 15, 2009 7:45 PM

Oosran said:
DarkSageRK said:
Oosran said:

oh well, to be completely honest, I would probably be able to use both sketchy and careless in the same kind of sentence.. it kinda makes the same sense to me anyway : p

http://www.answers.com/sketchy
http://www.answers.com/topic/careless

I'm glad you made the connection by understanding the context and thinking past the word choice, but the point is that sketchy completely changes the meaning and doesn't fit at all. People have previously indicated confusion over the ending of the show, and a proper translation would have fixed that confusion.

My fix was not superfluous, kthx.

Jul 15, 2009 7:54 PM

bullshit

Jul 15, 2009 8:45 PM

Wow... this was full of fail.

Yeah. If only you'd let that man rape you, you're family would be juuuuust fine. WTFBBQ?

Also, what is with the ridiculous fanservice and over-the-top tsundere in the beginning? Why did no one's face get stapled? This show is losing me fast. I had really high hopes for it too, but it looks like it's being dragged down by the twin baggage of ridiculous fanservice (25 kilos) and stupid, STUPID character design choices (rape would have been fine = 30 kilos).

Let hope SHAFT pulls it's shit together.

Jul 16, 2009 1:03 AM

Very interesting, I guess she's a cancer being born July 7th. Hmmm I do want my bloody gore in the opening thought it will be like Elfen Lied or Gantz. (;

Jul 16, 2009 2:50 AM

DarkSageRK said:

http://www.answers.com/sketchy
http://www.answers.com/topic/careless

I'm glad you made the connection by understanding the context and thinking past the word choice, but the point is that sketchy completely changes the meaning and doesn't fit at all. People have previously indicated confusion over the ending of the show, and a proper translation would have fixed that confusion.

My fix was not superfluous, kthx.

Yes it is superfluous, and it's wrong.

"神様っていうのは、結構、大雑把な連中なんだ" was the original line.
The word we're looking at is 大雑把 (Ohzappa).

From jisho.org:
大雑把 ohzappa rough (as in not precise); broad; sketchy
Na-adjective, Noun

Key point there: not precise or, they don't care about the details (of humans in this case).

Careless in this context mean "by accident," rather than "not precise", so "careless" is wrong.

Quoting from the translation:
Dialogue: 0,0:12:32.34,0:12:35.55,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,They don't really care about humans.
Dialogue: 0,0:12:35.55,0:12:40.82,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,To those Gods, the age, sex, and weight of us three are no different.

If, as you said, the God's are "careless", then these lines wouldn't make any sense at all.

Now, let's try and tackle this from a different point of view.

Why Senjoughara would be in this situation to begin with if the gods didn't pay attention (or careless, if you would)?

Next time, don't start blogging about translations unless you know what you're talking about.

Love,
gayguy's Bakemonogatari's translator

Jul 16, 2009 5:33 AM

100 kg holy

weird , but it seems different from the first episode for some reason

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Jul 16, 2009 7:00 AM

I'm going to miss "old" Senjoughara though I can't really complain about her new personality.

Jul 16, 2009 9:29 AM

aznixiboy said:
Very interesting, I guess she's a cancer being born July 7th. Hmmm I do want my bloody gore in the opening thought it will be like Elfen Lied or Gantz. (;
No, Die in the flames of hell, thank god for Stapler Stable.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.

Jul 16, 2009 10:55 PM

that was sick...

Jul 17, 2009 12:23 AM

Wow, great ep. Animation rocked!
Also, the story was nice. I thought this'd be an action tv series, guess I was wrong..?

Looking forward to next week~

Jul 17, 2009 7:48 PM

AWESOME!!!

GREAT ANIME!!

I LOVE SENJOUGAHARA-SAN ^^

Jul 17, 2009 10:43 PM

Good stuff. :D

Can't wait to see what happens with Senjougahara now.

Jul 17, 2009 10:45 PM

Jure said:
Spade said it well.

Really great episode, I don't understand why people don't like fanservice, I think it was pretty nice. Though it was a bit weird, seeing that Senjogahara didn't want to drink alcohol, but had no trouble being naked in front of Araragi.

Anyway, I am looking forward to see next arc.

Jul 18, 2009 1:16 AM

OMG THIS Anime is just awesome! It made me jump when I saw the eyes (16:58).

Can't wait for the next episode and the new personality she has now.

Make me a Siggy?

Pages (6) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 4.2 » ... Last »