Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 16, 2009 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
Okay, the rebirth of Ein will give more excitement? Yes. But, zombies are not cool >.<
Hope have an excuse at least convicente...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2009 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
So-so episode, with the big highlight being confirmation of Elen's continued existence (but, since most of us pretty much knew she had somehow survived, it wasn't that big of a revelation) as well as Inferno's talks with the Godoh group getting screwed over by her. I'm in agreement with some others that it rather dragged until the sniper duel on the rooftops.

But, to be honest, I probably spent most of my time agonizing over the misplaced background music rather than what was going on in the episode so I probably missed a few things. Someone fire the music director. Please!

abrasicu said:
noteDhero said:
Didn't care for the episode. Very slow, and only a piece of dialogue from Shiga, Cal, and Reiji were useful outside of the end. The whole montage of Reiji and Cal scouting/shopping was useless. But the music that played as Godoh went up the steps and into the meeting was good.

Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because it will serve as connection to the future arcs which I have to refrain from spoiling any further.

Also, through my serie spectator's viewpoint, I honestly think the shopping scene was still not useless at all since it shows the caraterization of Reiji & Cal, how Cal got attached more & more to Reiji & vice versa. In case you bother to watch the preview, you will notice that they might get into trouble soon hence we get the shopping scene as foreshadowing. Please be patient 'til next ep & you will see my point & whether the scene is "useless" or not.

Can we please try to stop jumping down other people's throats? The guy was stating his opinion based on what he saw. Isn't that what this thread is about? Personally, I didn't think those scenes needed to be dragged out that long so it was, in a sense, kinda useless for me. If it's as you say and serves as foreshadowing, how are we supposed to know that until later, then? We can only make judgments based on what we do know, but it doesn't make us any less entitled to state what we think.

Mentar said:
They totally don't use their brain to acknowledge the background plot. The "Ein" times were so beautifully simple and straightforward. Only the "now" mattered, not the "why" or "what next?" - and by now, the story has become too complicated for them.

I'd also appreciate it if people could stop insulting other people's intelligence. I, for example, am bored not because I don't understand what's going on, thanks. I have a number of issues with Phantom and it really is not that complicated of a series if you compare it to some others out there.
Jul 16, 2009 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Aeterna said:
So-so episode, with the big highlight being confirmation of Elen's continued existence (but, since most of us pretty much knew she had somehow survived, it wasn't that big of a revelation) as well as Inferno's talks with the Godoh group getting screwed over by her. I'm in agreement with some others that it rather dragged until the sniper duel on the rooftops.

But, to be honest, I probably spent most of my time agonizing over the misplaced background music rather than what was going on in the episode so I probably missed a few things. Someone fire the music director. Please!

abrasicu said:
noteDhero said:
Didn't care for the episode. Very slow, and only a piece of dialogue from Shiga, Cal, and Reiji were useful outside of the end. The whole montage of Reiji and Cal scouting/shopping was useless. But the music that played as Godoh went up the steps and into the meeting was good.

Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because it will serve as connection to the future arcs which I have to refrain from spoiling any further.

Also, through my serie spectator's viewpoint, I honestly think the shopping scene was still not useless at all since it shows the caraterization of Reiji & Cal, how Cal got attached more & more to Reiji & vice versa. In case you bother to watch the preview, you will notice that they might get into trouble soon hence we get the shopping scene as foreshadowing. Please be patient 'til next ep & you will see my point & whether the scene is "useless" or not.

Can we please try to stop jumping down other people's throats? The guy was stating his opinion based on what he saw. Isn't that what this thread is about? Personally, I didn't think those scenes needed to be dragged out that long so it was, in a sense, kinda useless for me. If it's as you say and serves as foreshadowing, how are we supposed to know that until later, then? We can only make judgments based on what we do know, but it doesn't make us any less entitled to state what we think.

Do I seem like I jumped his throat? I merely explain to him what is the purpose of the scene he considered "useless", that's it, I never even bother to argue about his view point since I know fully well there are people who never play the game so its fine for them to be entitled to their own opinion. And the preview is in THIS ep so you can already make a guess based on what you saw, oh well whatever, maybe I'm just too keen on these sort of things...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 16, 2009 4:35 PM

Dec 2008
abrisicu said:
Do I seem like I jumped his throat? I merely explain to him what is the purpose of the scene he considered "useless", that's it, I never even bother to argue about his view point since I know fully well there are people who never play the game so its fine for them to be entitled to their own opinion. And the preview is in THIS ep so you can already make a guess based on what you saw, oh well whatever, maybe I'm just too keen on these sort of things...

I'm sorry, then, I might have misread. I was mostly focusing on the line "Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because[...]" I read it as, basically, someone who hasn't played the game cannot make a fair judgment and thus give an opinion.

To be honest, it's not just you; it was mostly the general atmosphere I'm getting from this thread from many people ^^;;
Jul 16, 2009 4:37 PM

May 2009
Sorry to break up your debate, but i just wanted to say that funimation has finally got up to date on the Phantom episodes. This could mean that we will see the next episode up when funimation said they would be. Who knows though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 16, 2009 4:53 PM

Jul 2009
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

I'm sorry, then, I might have misread. I was mostly focusing on the line "Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because[...]" I read it as, basically, someone who hasn't played the game cannot make a fair judgment and thus give an opinion.

To be honest, it's not just you; it was mostly the general atmosphere I'm getting from this thread from many people ^^;;

No problem, xD. I guess I'm somehow at fault too due to my wording choice. In fact, I dont like being an ass when I know things others dont & I DISLIKE those type of peole too as I just got explosively flamed by some hardcore Shin Megami Tensei fans while explaining that they should stop harassing other Persona gamers & stop saying the newbies sucked if they do not ever play any SMT title. Seriously, certain people seems to think they're God or something when they knew something others dont -_-

Pash said:
Sorry to break up your debate, but i just wanted to say that funimation has finally got up to date on the Phantom episodes. This could mean that we will see the next episode up when funimation said they would be. Who knows though...

O rlly? Hope they wont screwed up like last time & make us fans wait for weeks -_-
BitchMasterJul 16, 2009 5:04 PM

Jul 18, 2009 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Aeterna said:
Mentar said:
They totally don't use their brain to acknowledge the background plot. The "Ein" times were so beautifully simple and straightforward. Only the "now" mattered, not the "why" or "what next?" - and by now, the story has become too complicated for them.

I'd also appreciate it if people could stop insulting other people's intelligence. I, for example, am bored not because I don't understand what's going on, thanks. I have a number of issues with Phantom and it really is not that complicated of a series if you compare it to some others out there.

You are aware that you deleted the context here, right? I said that _some_ people fail to follow the story (which is more complicated in chapter 2) compared to the much simpler chapter 1, and it's my opinion that this is indeed the case. I never said that all people who have complaints fall into this category. Therefore, if you feel insulted by this, that's 95% your own fault.

And sorry, I don't think it's too much to ask to expect from other people on this forum that if they start to dump on the show for predictability etc. that they better be factually right. And unfortunately this usually simply isn't the case. And nothing is more annoying for people knowing the material than "this is so predictable because <xxx>" when <xxx> is flat-out wrong. Usually you can't even openly contradict them because doing so would be a spoiler. So asking questions is about all you can do.
Jul 18, 2009 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

No problem, xD. I guess I'm somehow at fault too due to my wording choice. In fact, I dont like being an ass when I know things others dont & I DISLIKE those type of peole too as I just got explosively flamed by some hardcore Shin Megami Tensei fans while explaining that they should stop harassing other Persona gamers & stop saying the newbies sucked if they do not ever play any SMT title. Seriously, certain people seems to think they're God or something when they knew something others dont -_-
oh I know exactly what you mean, but .. why exactly am I butting in here? sorry I just suddenly felt like doing something >.> xD...
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 18, 2009 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
abrasicu said:
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

oh I know exactly what you mean, but .. why exactly am I butting in here? sorry I just suddenly felt like doing something >.> xD...

To show your understanding of my point? Got an urge to say "oh I know exactly what you mean"? Or you are also part of SMT fan club? ;)

Jul 18, 2009 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Oosran said:
abrasicu said:
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

To show your understanding of my point? Got an urge to say "oh I know exactly what you mean"? Or you are also part of SMT fan club? ;)
I probably just had to say I understood your point *nods* yeah.. that's probably it.. since it Was actually kind of an impulse xD.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2009 3:42 AM

May 2008
meh this episode was ok , things kinda got messed up though

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 19, 2009 9:38 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh Ein. Why come and ruin everything now (even though that was bound to happen)
Cal is awesome, really amkes the anime a lot more enjoyable.
Reiji.... still so weak (emotionally. Whenit comes to Ein. Who isn't emotionally unstable when it comes to you.
Jul 20, 2009 2:26 AM

Aug 2008
nice episode as always...I don't care where the story goes as long as the staff makes the characters look good.

btw..how do you quote other ppl from previous posts?
No man fails if he does his best
- Orison Swett Marden
Jul 20, 2009 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
RealityEX said:
btw..how do you quote other ppl from previous posts?
you see the little blue text to the right of each post? one saying 'Report' and the other 'quote', press quote and you can quote anything someone has written : 3 (ooor you could write [ quote=*whoever* ] blahblah whatever [ /quote ] without any spaces between : 3
Jul 20, 2009 6:40 AM

May 2008
She's Alive !!

She made an almost impossible shot.... I never thought she was that good!

What i can´t understand is why she still follows that stupid master of hers... it really annoys me !
Jul 22, 2009 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
Another amazing episode. I knew that Ein was never dead. It would have made the series horrible if she had died. I can't believe she can snipe from that far! O;
Jul 25, 2009 11:00 AM

Feb 2009
Predictable outcome, I mean come on, did anyone doubt Ein's sniper skills?
Jul 25, 2009 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
Predictable outcome, I mean come on, did anyone doubt Ein's sniper skills?

The counter-sniping scene didn't exist to make us ask ourselves who would win. Any other conclusion then the one that happened would not benefited the story in any way.
It existed to give more development to ReijixCal relationship and ask ourselves what will happen in the conference room and how will they react once the enemy sniper accomplishes the mission as well as make a base for future events.
Jul 26, 2009 11:55 AM
Jul 2008
Even though it was obvious Ein wasn't dead, I have to admit the ending really surprised me. Wasn't expecting a second sniper. I'm also surprised Ein didn't go for the kill. I guess they just wanted to send a message?

Anyways, loving this show more and more. XD

matthewbkim said:
I can't believe she can snipe from that far! O;
The current world sniping record is 2.4km, so I suspect an 800 yard shot is a joke to someone like Ein ;P
Jul 27, 2009 2:16 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yay, Eren. Good episode, that watch totally reminded me of Noir. Looking forward to #16.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 3, 2009 5:44 PM

Jun 2007
Ein used the Gepard M1 Anti-Materiel rifle as in the game.

Minor change of the pocketwatch from being a brass one...
xellossAug 3, 2009 5:51 PM
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 19, 2009 3:12 AM

Aug 2009
I liked a lot the reward for Cal from Zwei, it was nice!

Ein is back! Again the Anti-tank gun! Huge caliber and armor piercing!

Also the bullet exhcange with Zwei and Randy Weber was good too.

Oct 11, 2009 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
Holy motherfucker. Two snipers ftw. Elen sniped from her apartment. Reiji can't even do that, lol.

You gotta practice more Zwei! Elen is catching up on your skills. :D
Starting to like Cal aswell.

Didn't know Cal is a genious when it comes tactic warfare.
Jan 19, 2010 8:19 PM

May 2009
cmonnn, bringing people back to life is old. I'd like to watch an anime where the characters that get shot in the heart actually die. Zwei should be dead too considering he got shot three times... and fell into the ocean, living without blood and breathing underwater is hard to do, especially while unconscious or dead. And that's a fact.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Feb 21, 2010 4:50 AM

Jan 2010
Ein is beginning to annoy me with "yes master"...
She should get a personality...
Jan 30, 2011 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
Ein

Codename: Golgo 13
Feb 4, 2011 2:35 PM

Dec 2010
Moonfrost said:
Holy motherfucker. Two snipers ftw. Elen sniped from her apartment. Reiji can't even do that, lol.

You gotta practice more Zwei! Elen is catching up on your skills. :D

Didn't know Cal is a genious when it comes tactic warfare.

I dont think thats it, he prolly could have made that shot he just didnt expect, so in other words Cal gave him bad advice as to the sniper would be.

Hopefully Reiji can compose himself now that he basically knows Ein is alive, and i hope Ein gets her act together soon, you would think after everything she would get a clue and kill Scythe and run away and start a new life already.
Mar 4, 2011 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
The episode felt dragged but it's good to see Reiji with the hots for Cal and Ein
Apr 14, 2011 10:04 PM
Feb 2008
About time they brought that chick back. No one thought she was dead at all. Maybe if the series was broken up into 2 seasons or something...maybe. And Cal is great, she's adorable. Her tagging along with Reiji reminds me of Leon The Professional. Karbowski does a perfect job at the dubbing
Nov 7, 2011 10:04 PM

May 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
I dont think thats it, he prolly could have made that shot he just didnt expect, so in other words Cal gave him bad advice as to the sniper would be.

Hopefully Reiji can compose himself now that he basically knows Ein is alive, and i hope Ein gets her act together soon, you would think after everything she would get a clue and kill Scythe and run away and start a new life already.

thats always a possibility. but u have to remember shes brainwashed into following scythe's every order, uve seen in it previous eps, his grasp on ein's mind is just too strong. granted she did show a little bit of a resistance because of zwei, but the influence scythe has over her train of thouhgt keeps her from doing anything undesireable to him. this is also y claudia had to remind zwei of who he was so he could break free of this kind of hold and make up his own mind of what he wants to do
Jan 24, 2012 10:29 AM

Apr 2007
I MISSED YOU ELEN <3

You know, even when only the sniper's hands were visible, you could clearly see his skin color and that alone proved it wasn't Elen. But I guess Reiji was too emotional at the time to think straight.
Mar 16, 2012 2:33 AM

Sep 2011
Jesus she needs to stop following that fkin man!
Mar 31, 2012 7:24 PM

Dec 2011
Now Im loving Cal more than Ellen.
Ellen is just a doll that follow orders.
Jun 27, 2012 10:22 AM

Jan 2012
Cal is actually growing on me, considering her age and what she's been through, i like her character.... I loved Elen but I kinda wish she had just not survived, it was too obvious that she would come back sooner or later.. but the ending scene was pretty sick, that sniper looked bad-ass!

Also pretty reckless of Reji there with the first sniper, letting his emotions take over... not a good sign!
Jun 28, 2012 7:21 PM

Nov 2007
Reiji is being way too sloppy. He's going to mess up even worse at this rate. Also Captain Obvious at Ein still being there.
Jul 26, 2012 8:58 PM

Aug 2010
This episode had some Cal development, I really liked it. Cal proves once again why she's so awesome, a genius at such a young age.
Oct 14, 2012 5:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
When it comes to sniping, Ein is the final boss. Zwei cannot touch her in that regard.

Zwei you're getting soft. All hell is going to break loose and you're losing it.

Whatever happens, I hope Zwei (Reiji) kills Scythe-Master at some point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 4, 2012 1:26 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode. Dragged on to Cal too much. But it is okay.
Now Eren is alive. And she still follows that bastard Scythe.
4/5
Jan 3, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2011
Reiji and Cal's interaction/assignment from beginning to end was great. It was nice of him to buy that FMA Pocket-watch for her too, now I want one!

I really like how Reiji looks more like a person now (thanks to Cal), even if it IS screwing up his work.

Also, I guess Scythe won that battle, Wisemiel's right hand is done for, and so is Claudia's "backing". Inferno is seriously at it's most vulnerable right now. As much as Scythe pisses me off, he's pretty good. Eren's range is just too hacked too! Cal's deduction was perfect for even a tensei Sniper, but logic doesn't work with someone on Eren's level.
Jan 14, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2011
Two snipers? This is pretty awesome XD.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 23, 2013 3:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DarkShards said:
Two snipers? This is pretty awesome XD.

I guess you always need a back up in case one is incompetent :P
I liked the bgm during the scene when Reiji and Cal were scouting. Reiji's skills have dulled a bit though. Can't believe he missed what Cal saw
Nov 3, 2013 1:37 AM
Nov 2013
For **** sake Reiji, DO YOUR MISSION PROPERLY!

Been let down by his performance in the last two episodes. Hope he shows better performances next time
Dec 24, 2013 2:01 AM
Nov 2013
Was expecting the first sniper to be Elen, was surprised when it wasn't. Was more surprised when she popped up as the second sniper. This sure fucks things up for Clo.
Jan 16, 2014 4:55 PM

Aug 2013
I still wonder how she didn't die. Did Reiji misunderstood where he shooted her? Maybe the slow-mo we saw before she is shot is what Reiji thought that happened. Because it's impossible that she would have survived if she was shot in the heart and it was pretty much exactely where the heart was that she was shot.

Anyway, Reiji almost fucked up on that one.

Ein/Elen succeeded her shot, even is she missed him. I remember that Godot was talking to Scythe on the phone, so he probably staged if fake assassination attempt.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 29, 2014 5:07 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, they did it right! Who would think Scythe is behind this, he is playing his game with all effort. Mafia gathering is going to have tough times and Clau too.

And now main character has the biggest dilemma he ever had - he swore to Cal he would avange Judy's death but at the same time.. Ein is reason of her death.

Now, who will you choose, Reiji? Would it be Cal or Elen? Which one you like the most?
Mar 29, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2012
Shit that was a hell of a shot from that distance! Great development and I really like Cal :p
May 9, 2014 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
Kinda disappointing. I thought Reiji was better than this. Just forget that stupid bitch already.
Jul 10, 2014 4:19 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty good episode kind of saw all of this coming though
Surprised she didnt kill anyone when she shot though
[/quote]
Aug 15, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
Ein! <3
Feb 25, 2015 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
This GTA vice city music is driving me crazy, in a good way :D
Eh not to big of a plot twist but still inderesting to see it they can go out dry.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.