Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2009 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
bubbleboy352 said:
is it just me or did elen make that shot through a building?

No, they clearly showed a straight line between the window Elen used and the hole in the glass (check 21:11 if you have doubts)

Great Episode btw
Jul 12, 2009 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
is it just me, or does Zwei kind of look like a pervert while their out on their little stroll and he smiles like that? >.> anyways, not a bad episode, but not good either, since it was pretty slow and not much happened really.

And here I thoght I was the only one noticing that & shhh... you're too loud, you will awake those who secretly ship for the lolicon pairing: Reiji x Cal, you know ?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 12, 2009 6:27 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Oosran said:
is it just me, or does Zwei kind of look like a pervert while their out on their little stroll and he smiles like that? >.> anyways, not a bad episode, but not good either, since it was pretty slow and not much happened really.

And here I thoght I was the only one noticing that & shhh... you're too loud, you will awake those who secretly ship for the lolicon pairing: Reiji x Cal, you know ?
oh I see what you did thar
oh well 'nuff said about that anyway : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 12, 2009 7:56 PM

Jun 2007
Pretty decent episode. Pretty predictable but good non the less.

PS. Was Claudia's dead b/f a member of the Japanese mafia or American mafia? When what's his name is talking about his dragon tattoo it seemed like he was talking about a real tattoo on her back but then it changed to figuratively speaking.. so I'm curious if Claudia has past ties with them.
Jul 12, 2009 8:18 PM
May 2008
This episode was a little bit disappointing but overall not too bad. The strengthening of Cal and Reiji's relationship seems to be heavy foreshadowing of something bad happening to Cal in the next few episodes... or maybe it's just me.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 12, 2009 8:40 PM

Jan 2009
"Hai, Mastah" Shut the fuck up bitch.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 12, 2009 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
For me this episode dragged
Jul 12, 2009 9:27 PM

May 2009
Pretty slow episode, but I still liked it. Nice to see Elen's face again. Also, that was a big weapon she was using.
Cal's really cute too - I like how she and Reiji are getting along well together.
Jul 12, 2009 10:05 PM

Jul 2009
Tamaki-san said:
"Hai, Mastah" Shut the fuck up bitch.

+++++++

Jul 12, 2009 10:09 PM

May 2009
I feel like they could hurry it up a bit but overall it was decent. Not the best episode by far, but i believe it was necessary. Someone mentioned something about the shot going through a building, and someone else said no... but i think it must have because that shot showing where the shooter was did not move in a straight line. It noticeably curved around a building. Note i assume this is not Wanted and that bullets fly straight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 12, 2009 10:31 PM

Jun 2009
Loved this episode, snipers duel and appearance of Ein were just awesome.
Jul 12, 2009 11:24 PM
Jun 2009
i liked this episode!!i almost squealed thinking reiji got hit by the bullet...(stupid me of course they wont kill zwei...)
and reiji seems to care for cal..so cal is his sanity and elen is his love???fuuuu
Jul 13, 2009 12:00 AM

Jan 2009
Kvakond said:
This could have been a nice episode, I don't even have complaints about the pace as it is still 100x better than Noir, but in the last few minutes the story took a left turn on Amateur street and Bananas..again. Jumping up and waving that rifle around coz "omg it could be Eren, the undead". If it was your Eren, you'd be dead, but lucky for you, she did her job right.. unlike someone else.

Unlikely. Elen was under direct orders to kill him in ep11, and yet she didn't. His point in standing up was simple: If it WAS Elen, she'd see him in her scope and (probably) won't shoot. Just like he was obviously unwilling to harm her - otherwise he'd have shot at what was visible. If it was NOT Elen... well, we've seen that. So, what should be kept in the back of your head is that he was willing to take a significant risk to ensure that he would NOT inadvertently kill Elen.

It's funny how Cal is almost as good if not better than our great hero (who supposed to be the prodigy in this setup) with close to no training.

Let's not exaggerate though. So far, she has a fast draw with a pistol, and she has some aptitude in assembling/disassembling things. Also, she is fairly smart and a good observer. That's it. No feats beyond it.
Jul 13, 2009 12:04 AM

Jan 2009
DeathfireD said:
Pretty decent episode. Pretty predictable but good non the less.

Right. Naturally you were able to predict that Reiji and Wisemel's right hand would have a sniping match on the roofs, just to have Ein reappear and pulverize a target next to Daisuke.

You know, 90% of "it's so predictable" claims are BS anyway. But you deserve a honorable mention. *roll eyes*
Jul 13, 2009 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
After Wisemel sent his man to the roof, it became predictable, and noone can say it didn't. Come on now, even a beginner could predict Reiji killing one sniper, only for Elen to come to the scene.
However, I thought she's going to kill the guy, not miss on purpose.

I'm losing interest in this show, it just doesn't have the depth it had during Ein&Zwei episodes, Cal is just plain annoying loli-girl, and the character development we had earlier is just flushed into oblivion.
OK, it's not flushed, it's just ignored.
Jul 13, 2009 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
nina4life said:
After Wisemel sent his man to the roof, it became predictable, and noone can say it didn't. Come on now, even a beginner could predict Reiji killing one sniper, only for Elen to come to the scene.

Only problem is that Wisemel didn't send his man to the roof at all. He only told him "not to screw it up", whatever it was. And it only happened way into this episode, too.

There should be a rule "Either predict the content of the next episode or STFU about so-called predictability". Would make this forums (which hold a significant number of whiners) much more enjoyable.
Jul 13, 2009 4:32 AM

Sep 2008
No, I didn't know that this is going to happen. That's true. But after previously stated events, everything became predictable.
About that rule...well...if you can't predict some happenings, I guess you either didn't see enough shows, or you're just enjoying show too much to notice simple things like that.
If he didn't send him to the roof, that still doesn't mean it wasn't predictable that one is going to the roof, is going to get shot, and that Ein will be "backup" after all shoot out is done. Motives don't matter, it's the events.
Jul 13, 2009 5:12 AM
Apr 2009
Reiji is such pussy after all. I was disappointed that Cal didn't kick him for not shooting when it was neccessary.
Jul 13, 2009 6:34 AM

Sep 2008
Why is he a pussy? It's not that he didn't want to shoot, he was scared it was Ein, and he didn't want to shoot Ein/Elen.
Jul 13, 2009 8:14 AM
Apr 2009
Pussy? Nah, he just has the hots for Elen.

Drop or don't drop? *picks the oxeye daisy*
Jul 13, 2009 11:52 AM

May 2008
Awesome. I knew Elen was alive. I hope Reiji gets to meet up with her at some point and finally take her away like he tried years ago :/

Jul 13, 2009 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
nina4life said:
After Wisemel sent his man to the roof, it became predictable, and noone can say it didn't.

Exactly why I say it was predictable. In the last episode is was obvious we would see Elen again and it was obvious that she wouldn't be caught by Reiji since his skills are rusty. There's also the fact that the Japanese are getting help from Scythe who's intentions are obviously different from theirs. He already knows the situation about Reiji helping inferno so it would be pointless for him to have Elen go and setup for a snipe in plain sight where she would get caught by Reiji. All these clues from the past episode made it painfully obvious what was going to happen. It wasn't till the current episode started and Wisemel muttered something to his right hand man that I figured out that he would be the decoy that would distract Reiji from Elen though. So overall I knew their would be a decoy I just didn't know who it would be.
Jul 13, 2009 7:17 PM

Jul 2008
Win
Jul 13, 2009 8:50 PM

Jul 2009
rajjen said:
Pussy? Nah, he just has the hots for Elen.

Drop or don't drop? *picks the oxeye daisy*

Nah, he just has the hots for *fixed* any female specie he can lay his "smooth" hands on, be it MILF, young, LOLI, or even bestiality *fixed*

Zwei is just that FABULOUS, you know. Anyone here wanna bet for Zwei becoming 09' King Pimp, raise their hand(s).
BitchMasterJul 13, 2009 9:32 PM

Jul 13, 2009 9:45 PM

Feb 2009
Interested in seeing how Cal develops.
Jul 13, 2009 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
DeathfireD said:
nina4life said:
After Wisemel sent his man to the roof, it became predictable, and noone can say it didn't.

Exactly why I say it was predictable. In the last episode is was obvious we would see Elen again and it was obvious that she wouldn't be caught by Reiji since his skills are rusty. There's also the fact that the Japanese are getting help from Scythe who's intentions are obviously different from theirs. He already knows the situation about Reiji helping inferno so it would be pointless for him to have Elen go and setup for a snipe in plain sight where she would get caught by Reiji. All these clues from the past episode made it painfully obvious what was going to happen. It wasn't till the current episode started and Wisemel muttered something to his right hand man that I figured out that he would be the decoy that would distract Reiji from Elen though. So overall I knew their would be a decoy I just didn't know who it would be.

Not to ruin your day, but for the sake of discussion, let's assume that your theory is wrong, since it might be based on several incorrect assumptions. What would that mean for the "painful predictability"?

I'll concede to you that it's an interesting idea. However, how do you explain that Wisemel should be cooperating with the Japanese, particuarly since he's the one strongly opposing Claudia bringing in the Godoh group? He's willing to throw his right-hand man away for this, and he's so naive to overlook that this will have repercussions? Also, who killed the Japanese in the beginning? They themselves? And why?
MentarJul 13, 2009 11:30 PM
Jul 13, 2009 11:57 PM

Apr 2008
Hmmm, didn't really like this series at first, but ever since Reiji became Phantom I've really been enjoying it...and seeing Elen alive is interesting. Not bad.
Jul 14, 2009 6:32 AM

Apr 2008
Reiji conclude so fast ... just because there was another sniper

Jul 14, 2009 8:54 AM

Sep 2008
orangehouse said:
Reiji conclude so fast ... just because there was another sniper

My thoughts exactly. Feeling so secure so fast is not something top-notch assassins should do. He obviously isn't on the same skill-level he used to be.
It's all because of that loli girl...xD
Jul 14, 2009 10:08 AM

Aug 2008
Pash said:
I feel like they could hurry it up a bit but overall it was decent. Not the best episode by far, but i believe it was necessary. Someone mentioned something about the shot going through a building, and someone else said no... but i think it must have because that shot showing where the shooter was did not move in a straight line. It noticeably curved around a building. Note i assume this is not Wanted and that bullets fly straight.

Actually... Bullets dont fly straight :p Seriously, read up a bit, bullets have trajectory slightly curved UP (obviously, not on sides like in mentioned 'wanted' :P), like a rainbow. It's almost unnoticeable, but it's still there, in this worlds physics. In real shooting it counts when you snipes (unintentional reference to this ep), above certain (200-300yards and up) level, you need set an ajustment for rainbowed bullet trajectory (so if you wanna headshot from, let's say 300yards, you need to aim slightly above head in your scope).

That's only aside for everyone, education people! :P I won't add anything regarding ep, 'cause we have moar Elleinen, plot goes further and everything is juuuust right in my almost-full-realistic assasin anime ;)
Jul 14, 2009 10:26 AM

May 2008
Requiem for the Phantom is turning into a predictable shitty show for me.. with retarded characters that are starting to piss me off.. (Including the "50 cents tune"..)
Jul 14, 2009 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
Rewatch the scene - the open window is straight ahead, it's only the camera that is making a curve to the right before it returns. If you have a look when the scene begins, you can see the open window just fine.

(And no, don't ask me why they did this silly right curve - I have no clue, other than I guess it looks more visually impressive)
Jul 14, 2009 11:21 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, just for the record - I wasn't trying to proof that they showed it more realistic with this curve, as Mentar said imo it's only for visual impressivness. I've done my share of talking just to amuse viewers with some interesting fact, 'cause hey, who would've thought that bullets don't go straight :p
Jul 14, 2009 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
Cal is dangerous..

Just as I thought..

Jul 14, 2009 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
Kira01 said:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 14, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Kira01 said:
But.. did she actually try to kill the guy? The perfect assassin, and a perfect shot at the statue.. sounds more like it was made to look suspicious instead of actually killing him. Can't imagine Elen missing a shot like that, she's her after all ^^

Who knows, Elen might spot Reiji & was busy stalking how hot he has become & miss the shot ? ;)

Jul 14, 2009 11:47 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Oosran said:
Kira01 said:
But.. did she actually try to kill the guy? The perfect assassin, and a perfect shot at the statue.. sounds more like it was made to look suspicious instead of actually killing him. Can't imagine Elen missing a shot like that, she's her after all ^^

Who knows, Elen might spot Reiji & was busy stalking how hot he has become & miss the shot ? ;)
oh I saw what you did thar
Jul 15, 2009 12:08 AM

Apr 2009
Cal is currently my favorite.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jul 15, 2009 3:19 AM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:
Kira01 said:

She did say mission completed, meaning mission was to miss....just my guess...
Jul 15, 2009 9:28 AM

Jan 2009
nina4life said:
Oosran said:
Kira01 said:

She did say mission completed, meaning mission was to miss....just my guess...
exactly my point : )
Jul 16, 2009 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
Okay, the rebirth of Ein will give more excitement? Yes. But, zombies are not cool >.<
Hope have an excuse at least convicente...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2009 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
So-so episode, with the big highlight being confirmation of Elen's continued existence (but, since most of us pretty much knew she had somehow survived, it wasn't that big of a revelation) as well as Inferno's talks with the Godoh group getting screwed over by her. I'm in agreement with some others that it rather dragged until the sniper duel on the rooftops.

But, to be honest, I probably spent most of my time agonizing over the misplaced background music rather than what was going on in the episode so I probably missed a few things. Someone fire the music director. Please!

abrasicu said:
noteDhero said:
Didn't care for the episode. Very slow, and only a piece of dialogue from Shiga, Cal, and Reiji were useful outside of the end. The whole montage of Reiji and Cal scouting/shopping was useless. But the music that played as Godoh went up the steps and into the meeting was good.

Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because it will serve as connection to the future arcs which I have to refrain from spoiling any further.

Also, through my serie spectator's viewpoint, I honestly think the shopping scene was still not useless at all since it shows the caraterization of Reiji & Cal, how Cal got attached more & more to Reiji & vice versa. In case you bother to watch the preview, you will notice that they might get into trouble soon hence we get the shopping scene as foreshadowing. Please be patient 'til next ep & you will see my point & whether the scene is "useless" or not.

Can we please try to stop jumping down other people's throats? The guy was stating his opinion based on what he saw. Isn't that what this thread is about? Personally, I didn't think those scenes needed to be dragged out that long so it was, in a sense, kinda useless for me. If it's as you say and serves as foreshadowing, how are we supposed to know that until later, then? We can only make judgments based on what we do know, but it doesn't make us any less entitled to state what we think.

Mentar said:
They totally don't use their brain to acknowledge the background plot. The "Ein" times were so beautifully simple and straightforward. Only the "now" mattered, not the "why" or "what next?" - and by now, the story has become too complicated for them.

I'd also appreciate it if people could stop insulting other people's intelligence. I, for example, am bored not because I don't understand what's going on, thanks. I have a number of issues with Phantom and it really is not that complicated of a series if you compare it to some others out there.
Jul 16, 2009 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Aeterna said:
So-so episode, with the big highlight being confirmation of Elen's continued existence (but, since most of us pretty much knew she had somehow survived, it wasn't that big of a revelation) as well as Inferno's talks with the Godoh group getting screwed over by her. I'm in agreement with some others that it rather dragged until the sniper duel on the rooftops.

But, to be honest, I probably spent most of my time agonizing over the misplaced background music rather than what was going on in the episode so I probably missed a few things. Someone fire the music director. Please!

abrasicu said:
noteDhero said:
Didn't care for the episode. Very slow, and only a piece of dialogue from Shiga, Cal, and Reiji were useful outside of the end. The whole montage of Reiji and Cal scouting/shopping was useless. But the music that played as Godoh went up the steps and into the meeting was good.

Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because it will serve as connection to the future arcs which I have to refrain from spoiling any further.

Also, through my serie spectator's viewpoint, I honestly think the shopping scene was still not useless at all since it shows the caraterization of Reiji & Cal, how Cal got attached more & more to Reiji & vice versa. In case you bother to watch the preview, you will notice that they might get into trouble soon hence we get the shopping scene as foreshadowing. Please be patient 'til next ep & you will see my point & whether the scene is "useless" or not.

Can we please try to stop jumping down other people's throats? The guy was stating his opinion based on what he saw. Isn't that what this thread is about? Personally, I didn't think those scenes needed to be dragged out that long so it was, in a sense, kinda useless for me. If it's as you say and serves as foreshadowing, how are we supposed to know that until later, then? We can only make judgments based on what we do know, but it doesn't make us any less entitled to state what we think.

Do I seem like I jumped his throat? I merely explain to him what is the purpose of the scene he considered "useless", that's it, I never even bother to argue about his view point since I know fully well there are people who never play the game so its fine for them to be entitled to their own opinion. And the preview is in THIS ep so you can already make a guess based on what you saw, oh well whatever, maybe I'm just too keen on these sort of things...

Jul 16, 2009 4:35 PM

Dec 2008
abrisicu said:
Do I seem like I jumped his throat? I merely explain to him what is the purpose of the scene he considered "useless", that's it, I never even bother to argue about his view point since I know fully well there are people who never play the game so its fine for them to be entitled to their own opinion. And the preview is in THIS ep so you can already make a guess based on what you saw, oh well whatever, maybe I'm just too keen on these sort of things...

I'm sorry, then, I might have misread. I was mostly focusing on the line "Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because[...]" I read it as, basically, someone who hasn't played the game cannot make a fair judgment and thus give an opinion.

To be honest, it's not just you; it was mostly the general atmosphere I'm getting from this thread from many people ^^;;
Jul 16, 2009 4:37 PM

May 2009
Sorry to break up your debate, but i just wanted to say that funimation has finally got up to date on the Phantom episodes. This could mean that we will see the next episode up when funimation said they would be. Who knows though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 16, 2009 4:53 PM

Jul 2009
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

I'm sorry, then, I might have misread. I was mostly focusing on the line "Since you didnt play the game, you cant say that Reiji & Cal scouting/shopping were useless because[...]" I read it as, basically, someone who hasn't played the game cannot make a fair judgment and thus give an opinion.

To be honest, it's not just you; it was mostly the general atmosphere I'm getting from this thread from many people ^^;;

No problem, xD. I guess I'm somehow at fault too due to my wording choice. In fact, I dont like being an ass when I know things others dont & I DISLIKE those type of peole too as I just got explosively flamed by some hardcore Shin Megami Tensei fans while explaining that they should stop harassing other Persona gamers & stop saying the newbies sucked if they do not ever play any SMT title. Seriously, certain people seems to think they're God or something when they knew something others dont -_-

Pash said:
Sorry to break up your debate, but i just wanted to say that funimation has finally got up to date on the Phantom episodes. This could mean that we will see the next episode up when funimation said they would be. Who knows though...

O rlly? Hope they wont screwed up like last time & make us fans wait for weeks -_-
BitchMasterJul 16, 2009 5:04 PM

Jul 18, 2009 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Aeterna said:
Mentar said:
They totally don't use their brain to acknowledge the background plot. The "Ein" times were so beautifully simple and straightforward. Only the "now" mattered, not the "why" or "what next?" - and by now, the story has become too complicated for them.

I'd also appreciate it if people could stop insulting other people's intelligence. I, for example, am bored not because I don't understand what's going on, thanks. I have a number of issues with Phantom and it really is not that complicated of a series if you compare it to some others out there.

You are aware that you deleted the context here, right? I said that _some_ people fail to follow the story (which is more complicated in chapter 2) compared to the much simpler chapter 1, and it's my opinion that this is indeed the case. I never said that all people who have complaints fall into this category. Therefore, if you feel insulted by this, that's 95% your own fault.

And sorry, I don't think it's too much to ask to expect from other people on this forum that if they start to dump on the show for predictability etc. that they better be factually right. And unfortunately this usually simply isn't the case. And nothing is more annoying for people knowing the material than "this is so predictable because <xxx>" when <xxx> is flat-out wrong. Usually you can't even openly contradict them because doing so would be a spoiler. So asking questions is about all you can do.
Jul 18, 2009 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

No problem, xD. I guess I'm somehow at fault too due to my wording choice. In fact, I dont like being an ass when I know things others dont & I DISLIKE those type of peole too as I just got explosively flamed by some hardcore Shin Megami Tensei fans while explaining that they should stop harassing other Persona gamers & stop saying the newbies sucked if they do not ever play any SMT title. Seriously, certain people seems to think they're God or something when they knew something others dont -_-
oh I know exactly what you mean, but .. why exactly am I butting in here? sorry I just suddenly felt like doing something >.> xD...
Jul 18, 2009 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
abrasicu said:
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

oh I know exactly what you mean, but .. why exactly am I butting in here? sorry I just suddenly felt like doing something >.> xD...

To show your understanding of my point? Got an urge to say "oh I know exactly what you mean"? Or you are also part of SMT fan club? ;)

Jul 18, 2009 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Oosran said:
abrasicu said:
Aeterna said:
abrisicu said:

To show your understanding of my point? Got an urge to say "oh I know exactly what you mean"? Or you are also part of SMT fan club? ;)
I probably just had to say I understood your point *nods* yeah.. that's probably it.. since it Was actually kind of an impulse xD.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.