Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2007 2:37 PM

Sep 2007
Just finished!
I agree with everyone that has said it would have been interesting to see more of the relationship development between Nanaka and Sana (but then again I'm a total romantic ^_^")
Now that I think about it it does seem quite rushed...26 eps would have been awesome! But still- Myself; Yourself was a good watch.
Dec 27, 2007 2:54 PM

Oct 2007
I guessed there would be black blood ^^...but it doesn't bother me at all though I didn't thought it was blood at first glance
The ending was a bit abrupt in my opinion.
Nevertheless overall it was a good series.

It was nice to see the future in the end so probably there won't be a second season :(
FevDec 27, 2007 2:57 PM
Dec 27, 2007 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
Ok, somehow good ending - but after 10 years, didn't see that coming I must admit.
Twenty year old Hinako dating... 5 year younger kid, oh the irony :)
And they didn't show us twins faces, because of the same reasons they colored blood black: self-censorship. As it is now, everyone still know it's them, but noone can't do a shitstorm accusing them of incest promoting :/

Dec 28, 2007 12:37 AM

Jun 2007
one other thing, Sana should have played the damn piano when Nanaka was playing her song and they should have had a touching moment of looking at each other smiling...etc.
Dec 28, 2007 4:54 AM

Aug 2007
incest rofl
Dec 28, 2007 7:07 AM

Sep 2007
wow the ending turned out better than i thought. ans its cool that sana and and nanaka got married
Dec 28, 2007 8:00 AM

Jul 2005
I thought this episode would be rushed and crappy but it wasn't, more likely very clearing and nice. I loved the ending though I wanted to see the twins' faces (they looked exactly the same from behind as before). I was really glad that Nanaka and Sana got engaged.

Good ending though I'm kinda sad it's over already.
Dec 28, 2007 10:28 AM
Dec 2007
I started both this and Clannad at the same time. It was upsetting to find out that I would be continuing Clannad without this. The ending was ok. I would've like to see that Shuuske and Shuuri were holding onto someone else's hands after ten years. I understand the whole sibling bond thing, but it's a little creepy after all that time. Like many others, the black blood was annoying and actually confused me at first. After watching so many fantasy animes, it almost seemed like an evil force was surrounding their wrist or something. Nonetheless, it was an overall good series and I am satisfied with it. It's not one that I'm going to look back on and wish that the time I spent watching it could've been spent finding a good one.
berguntrousleDec 30, 2007 6:48 PM
Dec 28, 2007 4:01 PM

Apr 2007
It feels like somethings were left out or rushed, but it still had a nice ending. 7/10 is the highest it'll get.
Dec 29, 2007 5:25 AM

Nov 2007
Wow some heated responses in there.

Mine will be short.

I think the writers had something so grandiose in their minds and started off thinking they were going to be able to go so far with the story that they went with that initial feeling. Then around the eighth to ninth episode they realised just how little time they had left to cram everything in. Which is where they started to put far too much into too little time and in doing so not so much ruined the story but let down their original hopes for the anime.

I still give it an 8/10 due to how it started, there was quite a lot of potential for the story and I really liked where they were going with it, the animation was also really good but that's only expected of modern anime. The only let down was the shortness of the series and the rushed ending. Overall though it is still something I enjoyed watching.
Dec 29, 2007 1:34 PM
Jun 2007
I hate black blood!!!
Dec 29, 2007 4:25 PM
Nov 2007
jimbo1023 said:
Oh, and incest is not cool.

but twincest is. and thats what counts u.u -nod-

anyways, the seriest did feel a bit rushed to me.. and the offscreen marriage proposal + the "10 years later" old teacher giving candies + the yeti-kun girl not becoming a slut but ending up dating(?) someone 5 years younger than her (her brother? idk wtf w/e) + random old lady who killed the kitty = EQUALS a 7/10. mleh. cant say much else...

so much wasted potential.. but i'll still convince myself i liked it a lot.

liked nanaka's story tho. sana's was kinda lame, buut who was really paying attn to that letdown anyways? blehk`. btw. dont Sana and Itou look like twins?*rewatches School Days*
Dec 30, 2007 2:31 AM

Dec 2006
Ended so perfectly. All the questions were finally answered. It was actually Nanaka's father who caused the fire, not the uncle. They both keep such long grey hairs.

I really love the final outcome with everything being worked out so well. Sadly there was no concert but really, the stroyline is just amazing. Nanaka and Sana are really meant for each other.

Hmmm... I wonder.. the twins? lovers? That would be my guess.

Also, Asami's lil' cousin is going out with Hinako?! The little Youta that used to hide behind Hinako's dress is now a man. I surely wasn't expecting that!

drastikhateDec 30, 2007 2:48 AM

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Dec 31, 2007 1:03 PM
Dec 2007
Honestly, I watched the first 4 episodes and thought this series is the total suck and was never going to pick it up again... but after watching EVERY thing else on my hard drive I resorted back to the other 5 episodes I had downloaded. 24 hours later I finished the series and am stunned at the turn around it took. *claps hands* bravo!
Dec 31, 2007 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
I would give Myself; Yourself an 8/10. The ending was a bit rushed but nevertheless, the rest of the series was interesting and full of surprises in the plot turns. It would've been great if there was probably 26 episodes instead of 13.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jan 4, 2008 2:38 PM

Jul 2007
Eww twincest or incest is NOT cool. Seriously people no.

I was really loving this series but I do feel kind of let down. Great story, just wasn't told as good as it could have been.

Just one thing, black blood? WHO CARES! Get over it.

Yeah this series was good but hasn't left a mark like School Days did (Now that was a good Anime! I don't think anything will make a mark like School Days did...).
Jan 4, 2008 6:27 PM

Dec 2007
Abyss said:
yeah the black blood is very annoying just like in school days...

For crying out loud, enough with whining about the black blood! What a stupid thing to complain about. (>.<)

To tell the truth, I found the ending a bit dissappointing. The story was fairly powerful up to then, but the end just seemed... weak. I mean Sana and Nanaka get engaged, the twins come back to town and all, it should have been very up-beat, but I just didn't feel any real happiness.

Sigh. (u_u)
mdaubenJan 4, 2008 6:53 PM
Jan 8, 2008 11:10 AM

Nov 2007
overall it was good, i wish it could of been longer
Jan 12, 2008 8:41 AM
Jan 2008
mdauben said:

To tell the truth, I found the ending a bit dissappointing. The story was fairly powerful up to then, but the end just seemed... weak. I mean Sana and Nanaka get engaged, the twins come back to town and all, it should have been very up-beat, but I just didn't feel any real happiness. (u_u)

thats because we know Nanaks is going to cheat on Sana ... naw just playing.
Jan 17, 2008 5:04 AM
Nov 2007
I must say the last few episodes were kinda rushed but being a short anime as it is i suppose it was satisfactory. But there were a bunch of good ideas with this anime so if the producer had apted to make this anime a bit longer they could`ve the character story and development enough to make it a whole lot better just with a few extra episodes. Oh well i had a good run with this anime so kudos to all of the people who watched this
Jan 22, 2008 5:36 AM

Nov 2007

weHh..one of a kind! one of the gReatest..=p..iLove sana and nanaka..
i hOPe deRs a secOnd seasOn though it has a gOOd ending..haha
myseLf: yoUrseLf rOcKs!!!
Jan 22, 2008 5:48 AM

Oct 2006
innocent_demon said:

weHh..one of a kind! one of the gReatest..=p..iLove sana and nanaka..
i hOPe deRs a secOnd seasOn though it has a gOOd ending..haha
myseLf: yoUrseLf rOcKs!!!

who taught you how to type? l0l0l0l
Jan 22, 2008 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
the ending itself was ok. didnt really like how they didnt go more into the twins story.
Jan 30, 2008 4:27 AM
Oct 2007
It seemed a bit rushed ending. I mean they completely ignored twins part. Ok they run but it was like directors realized 'hey we don't have more budged/time for more eps so we're going to show their hands only, with 10 yers old bracelets in, final ep'. What was that? Honestly I wanted to see their faces at least!

After all I'm quite satisfied, however dark blood is annoying, all actual shows have dark blood? This anime was touching some interesting topics and surprised me almost in every ep. But even in final ep I found Aoi voice annoying >.<

Poor cat :/
Jan 30, 2008 10:44 AM

Dec 2007
Geez I can't believe how it ended. Even past half the episode I thought that there's no chance of explaining everything that needed to be explained. Mou but they rushed it and I thought that there would be a 2nd seasson. But it was good for overall. The twins showing and holding hands was cute too.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Feb 16, 2008 5:02 PM
Oct 2007
The twins came back...
Still together...
Im satisfied with that...
Feb 21, 2008 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
nice episode~ cant believe that its over XD was quite a really nice and sad anime~
sana reminds me a bit of myself~ cuz I have/had such stress at school too~ nya but couldnt believe that he tried to kill hisself x_x :3~

Feb 23, 2008 7:30 PM

Aug 2007
I'm still wondering as to whether the twins are "together" or not.
Mar 9, 2008 2:23 PM

May 2007
(22:15:26) (+ZoiQ) oh shit myself;yourself is an emo show as expected
(22:15:33) (+ZoiQ) stop the damn slit advertising
(22:15:34) (+ZoiQ) :<
(22:15:39) (+|Mirror|) :O
(22:15:53) (+Xjellocross) BLACK BLOOD

4/10

this sux. next time just spoil me that they've just slit their damn wrists and I can drop it. (same for shuffle. :/)
Mar 31, 2008 4:27 PM

Feb 2008
Wow! I didnt expect this anime to be so GooooD!!!
Awesome! 8 out of 10!!!
Apr 25, 2008 4:01 PM

Apr 2008
Episode was nice so 5/5 and all of anime was great so 10/10 but i know what Sana has gotten into in his past...i have the same life as he got in school and i was thinking about suicide too...
May 2, 2008 12:26 AM
Apr 2008
up until episode 11 it seem like story is going real smooth. however.. episode 12-13 seemed a bit rushed. skipping 10 years so lightly.. without even showing nanaka/sana's relationship growth/etc... its a bit disappointing.....
May 3, 2008 11:26 PM

Apr 2007
Overall it started slow/boring, got just slightly better before going into WTF territory, and then ended rushed. 4/5

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 4, 2008 3:54 PM

Jun 2007
it was an ok episode, it was really obvious that sana's wristwatch was to cover up his wrist, thank goodness i didn't change my thinking... though, i didn't expect nanaka's father to be the one burning the house... wtf, i didn't even know he had a ponytail.

the story was linked nicely, but seriously, what the hell is hinako dating that little kid... you'd have thought he went for sana after he kissed him in the cheek.. oh well.

shuu and shuri.. well, besides holding hands and living together for 10 years.... i dont think they are da... no, i take that back, they are so in a romantic relationship... holding hands for that long is just wrong, i dont think brothers and sisters would ever do such a thing... for THAT long.

aoi and hoshino... well, aoi was pretty much... ok, her voice annoyed me a lot though. hoshino, i liked how she looked in the end, i guess she overcame her hate for herself after sana told her how the real her aws... and well.. it was ok.

nanaka and sana... well, i am starting my sentences with well.. so well... it seems like their relationship improved a lot in 10 years, she accepted, and they are going to marry...

i wonder what happened to nanaka's scar... anyways, she looked really cute... and she finally finished the song 10 years after she saw sana back.. what a promise...

anyways, i will give this an 8 because it at least kept me entertained, and the story was nice... i didn't like the pacing, but the characters were awesome... except shuu and shuri's twincest... shuri was cute on her own...
May 16, 2008 7:55 AM

Mar 2007
Like many others, I agree the episode felt rushed. The general feel of the last two eps gave a little (actually, a big) emo feel to it...which was...depressing... to say the least.
It was a good ending, just not the best ending. It could have been more upbeat/cheerful.
However it was good to see in the end Sana and Nanaka finally get together...
I love those "fast forwards" showing the characters a few years later...

As for me, a solid 8/10! Took me ages to finish but was worth it in the end!
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Jun 5, 2008 5:58 PM

Dec 2007
A beatiful ending but dont you think this series was a bit rushed? coulda been longer....
Jul 4, 2008 2:02 AM

Apr 2008
it's over ... didn't like the ending to much ... especially the part "10 years later" and my mind went WTH?! ...

some parts of the anime allmost made me cry ... ^^"

Summary: 8/10 ... a great anime
Jul 20, 2008 7:13 AM
Dec 2007
Too bad this episode was rushed, the direction suddenly dropped in the last two episodes and the ending lacked emotion... It could have been an excellent drama/romance show (and it was until the last two episodes) but it's just a very good one for me : 8/10.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 27, 2008 9:03 PM
Jul 2008
I really liked this series!! It was never really boring!! Especially half way through the series when all the drama started to happen!! *Love this Anime! <3*

Aug 9, 2008 2:16 AM

May 2008
i say the ending was touching, specially about sana's and nanaka's stories. beautiful anime all together. 9.5/10
Aug 12, 2008 1:28 AM

Feb 2008
I think this was a weak ending, especially after a real good season.
I hoped for good ending, but the bad side is that how we arrived there in the last two episode.
Nanaka's past just popped out randomly. No real story line at Sana's side, no decisions in the present and I think a little lame explanation for the past (or the earlier flashbacks was too exaggerating about it).
In overal I think they had to made a better ending from this backstory...
Sep 6, 2008 1:53 AM

Aug 2008
Very nice ending...
I never really thought that the twins were gonna runaway...

Sep 24, 2008 9:19 AM

Mar 2008
I was cry all the time [for The twins sure]
It"s was good end ^^
not thing say more ~
Nov 29, 2008 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
This anime series was absolutely terrible. Oversensitive teens who loved to play the violin with their wrists and blades. What drivel!
Dec 12, 2008 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
7/10. 6/10?

not quite satisfying enough. just meh. fine.
Jan 6, 2009 12:42 PM

Mar 2008
It was an good anime. It managed to stay interesting all the way to the end. I feel like some of the romantic moments could have been done better. It offered some interesting surprises like twincest and yuri. I couldn't feel any romance between Sana and Nanaka though. I felt like the strong bond between the twins were much better conveyed.

Just a few small minuses:
1.The OP was kind of lame and embarrassing.
2. Aoi had an annoying voice.
3. Boring stereotypical protagonist.
4. "Living happily after" endings makes me feel lonely. lol

7/10
Strife91Jan 6, 2009 12:47 PM
Jan 6, 2009 7:04 PM

Feb 2008
Perhaps I overrate this anime..but I found it one of the most enjoyable short animes I've ever watched..it's a tear jerker, and not many animes do that to me.
Jan 8, 2009 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
It would have been much better to do an OVA instead of the 4 minutes at the end of the last episode "10 years later" they easily could have done an episode of it. And that would have been much more fulfilling then the 4 minutes or so that they used.
Jan 26, 2009 3:41 PM

Jun 2008
Some comments:

-The girl with the glasses, forgot her name, has SUCH a squeaking voice. It annoys the hell outta me everytime I watch the anime.
-There were... some confusions and plots holes. Maybe a few too many for me to rate it very high. But at least it didn't end as such a train wreck as School Days. (watched both around the same time).
-Just for that song at the end, I'll give it a 7.

^ Also agree with the above comment, should've had an OVA.
Jan 27, 2009 5:32 PM

Sep 2008
Tachii said:
Some comments:

-The girl with the glasses, forgot her name, has SUCH a squeaking voice. It annoys the hell outta me everytime I watch the anime.

thats for me too...even now
should've had an OVA.
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

166 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deli53 - Nov 21, 2007

93 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.