Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2009 9:34 PM

Jul 2009
Kill me now...
Jul 9, 2009 9:35 PM

Feb 2009
Because of these past episodes, I want to cosplay as Nagato...

I feel so in-character.
Yeah...

-___- ;;
Jul 9, 2009 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
gloomheart said:

PS: Is it just me, or is the animation style, faces, and color palette turning more and more into K-ON?

It's not just you. A lot of people are noticing a difference =/. I liked the old way.
Jul 9, 2009 9:54 PM

Jan 2009
The faces, and teeth in particular, are extremely similar to the ones in K-ON's character designs.
Jul 9, 2009 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
I'm also all for Nagato murdering everyone out of insanity. But this isn't that kind of show. Well, time to wait another week for a repeat of episode 2.
Jul 9, 2009 10:05 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, I thought they would learn to not repeat the same episode again and actually end it. I'm hoping that it doesn't go on for eight episodes because the title is Endless Eight.
Jul 9, 2009 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Everyone calm down!

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
will come!

The rumors you guys heard are FAKE!!!!!!!

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
will not be skipped.

They already started make this series since 2007,2008,2009
And There is no 26 episodes for haruhi!
Haruhi will have 28 episodes!
Tv stations announce it last April!

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
and Endless Eight are different!

BLR: Haruhi( look at Haruhi's hair) Her headband is large

Then look at Endless Eight: Haruhi ( Look at Haruhi's Hair ) Her headband is smaller

Different!!
Jul 9, 2009 10:14 PM

Apr 2009
I really liked the old animation better. K-On worked for K-On, but that doesn't mean that it will work for Haruhi.

Jul 9, 2009 10:15 PM

May 2009
If anything else, I feel sorry for the animators that have to do all the work for these episodes. *Pities.*

I'm also enjoying how the soundtrack slowly seems to be building up more and more as the episodes continue.

Oh, and I don't enjoy complaining about something that I'm seeing via stream or torrent, I don't really think I have the right to do so. If I keep a positive mindset throughout the whole thing, it turns out good for me in the end. A little ignorance goes a long way. ^w^~

Jul 9, 2009 10:20 PM

Oct 2008
I'm A patient person, so I will continue to wait and wait, hopefully something amazing comes out of this Endless Eight

Also check my website for weekly anime rankings of the newly released episodes: http://roanapurblog.com
Jul 9, 2009 10:20 PM

Jul 2008
Animation Different
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody 2007 or 2008
Endless Eight 2009 ( can tell because of K-ON! animation )
Sighs: IDK
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 2007 or 2008

The series was made in
SealkidJul 9, 2009 10:32 PM
Jul 9, 2009 10:22 PM

Apr 2008
yeah basically this season and the animation is total fail, doesn't even feel like i'm watching haruhi esp when i find myself skipping ahead in the episodes.
Jul 9, 2009 10:27 PM

Apr 2008
Highest score this is getting from me is now officially a 7 =D. What a terrible disappointment...we waited so long for this?

Jul 9, 2009 10:35 PM

Dec 2007
OMGDFG is all i can say. From a legendary series to pure pathetic.
Jul 9, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Isn't this still "technically" the first season?
Jul 9, 2009 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
The summer troll that never ends.
Jul 9, 2009 10:38 PM
Apr 2009
slowly waiting . . . .-.
it feels very endless O:
Jul 9, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2008
This ep sure made a lot of people disappointed, angry, sad, and maybe even driven some people to suicide if they're stupid serious enough. Well, it's not the first time, (nor second nor third time....I lost count) that they've !@#$ed us over again.

When (if ever) the real second season of Haruhi comes out, I'll be buying that, and won't pay a single cent yen for endless eight....b/c at this rate, they're only encouraging illegal downloading, and dwindling their profits for the already financially struggling production of anime-related jobs in Japan such as the animators and voice actors.

Who ever came up with this marketing ploy/idea of theirs that put this in motion resulting in what seems to be 1 to 2 (at least) more eps of endless eight...needs to be beaten to a pulp fired.

I'll be looking forward to some real quality work, instead of a nice boat. Until then, every episode after episode 5, I will consider a filler/troll.

My "other half" had this to say in a metaphor: It's like they're throwing small bits of meat into a starving lion's den, barely enough to be a meal. It'll still eat out of hunger, but hate you for giving it that little bit of hope for survival. Some other lions will give up and wait for death. While the rest use their last bit of energy to bite off the hand feeding them.
Jul 9, 2009 10:44 PM

Feb 2008
just finish it already....it is getting so damn boring

Jul 9, 2009 10:46 PM
Jan 2008
Osaka117 said:
I really liked the old animation better. K-On worked for K-On, but that doesn't mean that it will work for Haruhi.

Yeah, I'm hoping that they wanted to make these repeat eps as cheaply as possible... And the quality will be back up to S1 standards when S2 really starts.

Feb 2008
Kyoani's got some balls pulling shit like this off.

Sep 2008
i didn't even bother to watch it. i literally skimmed by it for less than a minute and saw that the last scene changed a bit. glad i didn't waste my time...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2009 10:56 PM

Sep 2008
boring...
if this wasn`t haruhi zusumiya we`re talking about i would have already stopped watching this anime
hope endless 8 wasnt just a title...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 9, 2009 10:57 PM

May 2008
Mikuru's hair in messy braided pigtails (*-*) Anyways I'm starting to go on the assumption that Endless Eight is eight episodes longs, thus the name. I bet by the last episode of E8, that Kyon will blurt out everything Haruhi says before shes says it, and starts really freaking out.
Jul 9, 2009 11:00 PM

Sep 2008
WTH.

A complete waste of time.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jul 9, 2009 11:09 PM
Jun 2009
omg.... what pisses me off is that there are only 14 new episodes.. thats like 5 of the 14 new episodes gone..
Jul 9, 2009 11:13 PM

Jun 2007
*pissed*
Hope Endless Eight isn't like 8 episodes long D:
Also lol this is the first time I've seen so many "Hated it" votes on an episode poll XP

Jul 9, 2009 11:14 PM

Apr 2009
Fucking annoying!
Jul 9, 2009 11:20 PM

Jan 2008
magentaanbu said:
*pissed*
Also lol this is the first time I've seen so many "Hated it" votes on an episode poll XP

i think it will be 8 episodes long thus it is called endless 8
Jul 9, 2009 11:22 PM
Mar 2009
chromeak said:
omg.... what pisses me off is that there are only 14 new episodes.. thats like 5 of the 14 new episodes gone..

I said this in the last thread, I'll say it again now.

*deep breath*

WHO THE HELL OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED THE SECOND SEASON WAS ONLY 14 EPISODES LONG?

Answer: Noone from Kadokawa nor KyoAni. Only a 'supposedly' official leak. And with the trolling we are getting, who's to say that wasn't arranged?

Next up:

Why are people saying that this isn't the real second season? Sure, it's in between episodes from the first season, but it IS from a second season. This is part of the box set, so you'll end up buying it whether you like it or not, even if you never watch the DVD's you buy, just so you're shelves don't look stupid.

Third:

Yes, the animation is definitely reminiscent of K-On! Just look at ever picture that Mikuru is in and you can see that 9 times out of 10 in this episode they just used Yui's (maybe Ui's) face and changed the hair. While time saving, it's annoying.

I don't think Nagato's been changed at all though... maybe I haven't noticed.

Finally:

Stop your whining you useless meatbags (yes, I'm going to continue the HK references for every Haruhi post I do from now on), you're not gonna get to complain for another couple years when you actually PAY for this stuff. Till then, stop your bitching, suck it up, and enjoy seeing other people lose their minds over this.

Jul 9, 2009 11:34 PM

Sep 2008
Maybe its just me but but I enjoy this episode. Why? I don't freakin know but I enjoy it...and I'm not an Haruhi fangirl!

But this episodes, we all know now that everyting can happen with haruhi!
They did so many times unordinary things that we can expect everything...Thats my point of view.
But I don't ming 'cause I still enjoying the serie^^
Good Job !
Jul 9, 2009 11:39 PM

Nov 2008
GaaaHH!!! I can't stand this! I was pulling on my hair waiting for something to happen!! I hope they'll finally do something in the next episode.
Jul 9, 2009 11:44 PM
Mar 2009
Doodle said:
GaaaHH!!! I can't stand this! I was pulling on my hair waiting for something to happen!! I hope they'll finally do something in the next episode.

They won't, and we'll all still love it.

HybridKira said:
Maybe its just me but but I enjoy this episode. Why? I don't freakin know but I enjoy it...and I'm not an Haruhi fangirl!

They did so many times unordinary things that we can expect everything...Thats my point of view.

You are now awesome. Why? You understand that this is what Haruhi was meant to be.

Jul 9, 2009 11:46 PM

Feb 2008
What's amazing to me is that in all the polls about two-thirds say they hated it but very few say they're dropping the series - that's truly astounding.

And the point about "who says there are only 14 eps" is extremely valid.
Jul 9, 2009 11:54 PM

Sep 2007
Endless 8 is going to keep looping until fall season. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the next new episode aired on September 1st, just to coincide with the actual date.
Jul 10, 2009 12:02 AM
Apr 2009
chinlamp said:
You are now awesome. Why? You understand that this is what Haruhi was meant to be.
It's supposed to be boring?

Dropped.
Jul 10, 2009 12:04 AM

Sep 2008
SwordWielder said:
magentaanbu said:
*pissed*

i think it will be 8 episodes long thus it is called endless 8

I was under the impression it is named Endless Eight because the story occurs in August (8th month).

Ah, and I heard a rumour somewhere that E8 was scheduled for 6 episodes (not official). Though, you can never take any information seriously when it comes to this series. So, don't quote me on it. xD

Oh well, I really enjoyed this episode so I have nothing to complain about. :]
Jul 10, 2009 12:05 AM
May 2008
I was really looking forward to the end of this "endless eight" :/
Jul 10, 2009 12:05 AM
Mar 2009
Bladecatcher said:
chinlamp said:
It's supposed to be boring?

Dropped.

I never said it was meant to be boring, I said she understood what Haruhi was meant to be, which is a combo breaker. An anomaly. An enigma. Something that will always give you what you least expect, and then give you exactly what you do, and only when it's over do you realise that it almost always gave you exactly what you WANT.

That, is Haruhi.

Still don't think the series will ever be a 10 though, it's missing a few things that would make me consider it worthy of that.

Jul 10, 2009 12:07 AM
Jul 2008
HybridKira said:

count me in too. ^^

I mean the series quality is still in a good shape. i think kyoani really remake most of the thing in each episode, not just reused so it's not waste of my time to watch it. (though i feel pity for nagato right now :P)

i dont know perhaps many of u guys get bored easily so u already hated the episodes but i am not that's why i enjoyed it. also i believe in kyoani since they never make me disappointed in their production before.
Jul 10, 2009 12:11 AM
Apr 2009
chinlamp said:
This is part of the box set, so you'll end up buying it whether you like it or not, even if you never watch the DVD's you buy, just so you're shelves don't look stupid.

That's the better part of why a lot of us are pissed off. Kadokawa has it in their heads that we'll just buy whatever bullshit they throw at us, so they're milking the series for all it's worth and saving the stuff people actually CARE about for another season. I can't speak for anybody else here, but I'll be perfectly content with 4 season 1 boxes, 4 season 3 boxes, and a whole lot of nothing from this trollfest.
Jul 10, 2009 12:13 AM
Apr 2009
yodlormak said:
i dont know perhaps many of u guys get bored easily so u already hated the episodes but i am not that's why i enjoyed it. also i believe in kyoani since they never make me disappointed in their production before.
I watched four episodes that were virtually the same, so don't tell me I get bored easily.
Jul 10, 2009 12:28 AM
Mar 2009
Bladecatcher said:
yodlormak said:
I watched four episodes that were virtually the same, so don't tell me I get bored easily.

Hey, I watched these four episodes twice each (three times for episode three) and I'm still not bored. Why? Because real life is more boring than this series and we all know it. That's why we watch anything that is on TV, cos it's more interesting. Also, because things are different each time and I want to see what changes.

Nagato definitely needs more screentime, the only thing that annoys me about this series is that Mikuru and Haruhi are given more time than Nagato.

Jul 10, 2009 12:31 AM

Aug 2008

Also, to that SealkidHaruhiism person, will you shut the FUCK up? Your constant posting trying to defend the series obviously isn't working. Unless you are the grandmaster mind behind the whole trolling, you cannot say SHIT about where the series is going, what the disappearance is doing, anything. So just shut the hell up and let people bitch about the episode.

Speaking of the episode, I hated it. Pretty much exactly the same, once again. The only redeeming fact about it is the don't use the same shots. Other than that, I'm loosing faith.

Also, I'd love to see what all the VA cast think about this shit...

Jul 10, 2009 12:33 AM

Feb 2009
forever and ever and ever huh?
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Jul 10, 2009 12:38 AM
Mar 2009
@Hato-kun: The VA's probably think it's the easiest job they've ever had. Seeing as there was a fair amount of script-changes in this episode, they probably did the whole episode over again, all of them shoved in that recording room together, doing the dialogue again... for the fourth time. They may be getting sick of doing it, but at least they know they won't have to rehearse.

And don't take your frustration out on Sealkid, he's just trying to calm as many people as possible down so that they don't drop Haruhi. It's entertaining to see in my opinion. But that's just because deep down I'm like Rose on 2 and a half men. I like watching people react to things, people react to their reactions, then throwing my own craziness in to see what will happen.

Jul 10, 2009 12:39 AM

Jan 2009
I am not pleased D:
Jul 10, 2009 12:40 AM

Apr 2008
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 10, 2009 12:44 AM

Apr 2008
I give it a 5/5 just because by the end of the episode I know I will find 10 pages of people raging on myanimelist. I'm laughing my head off every time an episode ends.
Jul 10, 2009 12:49 AM
Apr 2009
chinlamp said:
I never said it was meant to be boring, I said she understood what Haruhi was meant to be, which is a combo breaker. An anomaly. An enigma. Something that will always give you what you least expect, and then give you exactly what you do, and only when it's over do you realise that it almost always gave you exactly what you WANT.

That, is Haruhi.

Still don't think the series will ever be a 10 though, it's missing a few things that would make me consider it worthy of that.
You're right about it being a combo breaker. Haven't dropped a series in a while.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.