Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2009 11:28 PM

Dec 2007
I think Athena would be best suited for Hayate for the following reasons....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2009 11:32 PM
Aug 2008
I think A-tan
Oct 18, 2009 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
going with Athena (even though it aint gonna happen ;__;)
Oct 25, 2009 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
A-tan
Oct 25, 2009 3:56 AM

Sep 2007
A-tan forever !
Oct 27, 2009 10:37 PM

Feb 2008
Izumi since she calls him hayata
Oct 27, 2009 10:41 PM

Feb 2009
Tama
Nov 1, 2009 9:31 AM

Nov 2008
Probably Hinagiku because she's awesome, but Hayate is going to end up with Nagi at the end =(
Nov 1, 2009 1:13 PM

Nov 2007
Arcangel92 said:
Probably Hinagiku because she's awesome, but Hayate is going to end up with Nagi at the end =(

u should read the manga before deciding first though :P
Nov 3, 2009 6:08 PM
Nov 2009
game8910 said:
Arcangel92 said:

:D , the first one appear doesn't mean the last right :D ?
any way , if we considerer to the first one , A tan is the VERY FIrsT ONe xD !!

Athena x Hayate :"3 !!!!! ....

ok in case Athena die for some reasons , any reason , Blah blah , Hina is the 2nd !! :"3 !
Nov 3, 2009 8:54 PM

Nov 2007
ClessAlvein said:
game8910 said:
Arcangel92 said:

ok in case Athena die for some reasons , any reason , Blah blah , Hina is the 2nd !! :"3 !

dont you go killing Athena ;A;
Nov 3, 2009 9:52 PM

Sep 2008
ClessAlvein said:
game8910 said:
Arcangel92 said:

While Athena is the first to have met the protagonist, she still has two competitors for 'first'.
Hinagiku was the first of Hata's creations, and Nagi was the first one we met in the manga.
So the 'first' trope doesn't even work for a two-way battle.

He's always intended to give Hinagiku a happy ending

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Nov 3, 2009 10:03 PM

Apr 2007
Anyone besides Hinagiku.
I will take Hinagiku.

If he simply must have Hinagiku, then I will settle for Saki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2009 10:03 PM

Nov 2007
Bastion said:
ClessAlvein said:
game8910 said:
Arcangel92 said:

While Athena is the first to have met the protagonist, she still has two competitors for 'first'.
Hinagiku was the first of Hata's creations, and Nagi was the first one we met in the manga.

I think Hina x Ayumu is a very happy ending ^_^
Mar 14, 2010 12:51 PM

Oct 2009
8910 said:
Bastion said:

Seconded (:

Anyway
*copypasta*

I'm hoping Nagi for reasons I can't even fully explain pfff
It's like, except for the whole 'beating him when he pays attention to other girls or whatever' bit, she seems to care for him the most, since she does stuff for him like getting him admission to the school, getting him a White Day present (or trying anyway pfff), getting a job so she can buy his birthday present with her own money, etc. Yeah.
Mar 14, 2010 1:07 PM

Sep 2008
game8910 said:
Bastion said:
ClessAlvein said:
game8910 said:
Arcangel92 said:

While I'm not arguing, because it gives both characters a happy ending, it leaves a third out in the open without a happy ending. Miki.

If we're looking to have the most happy endings possibile, Hayate x Hinagiku is the best outcome for possibilities.

Nagi keeps Hayate as her servant (but not lover).
Hinagiku keeps Hayate as her lover.

Miki possibly gains Ayumu as a lover.
Ayumu possibly gains Miki as a lover.

The first two even get to keep their first loves around. The second two, although not with anything in canon, seem to have the greatest possibility of all of the relationships. Hinagiku hasn't shown any interest in other females, so even if she were to lose Hayate, there's the possibility that she still wouldn't accept Miki.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 14, 2010 1:11 PM

Oct 2009
Wtf AyumuxMiki ಠ_ಠ

And I still think Hina's shown some interest in Ayumu, but whatever.
Mar 14, 2010 2:37 PM

May 2008
At first i am HayateXMaria
but the recent Events A HayateXA-tan (Athena) might take the spot.
This is not going to be easy....need to read more
to make a decision...
Mar 19, 2010 1:02 AM
Jan 2009
A-TAN! ALL THE WAY! because it's been explicitly mentioned that Hayate loves her and only her. He's trained himself these past 10 years to calm his heart so to speak, based on the teachings of Athena. But even despite all that training to calm his heart, the moment he saw her, he immediately couldn't hold back... much different compared to any reaction he has with any girl he's encountered, especially Hinagiku and Nagi.

Used to be a Hina fan... thought it was going to go that route... but after reading the most recent 101 chapters in one sitting, I honestly think that A-Tan is going to end up on top.. Nagi being heart-broken that she won't be chosen as his lover, but forever grateful that he still wants to prove his loyalty to her as her butler and not abandon her; also she wants him to be happy despite it all the beatings, abuse, and illogical reasoning she normally showcases.

and if Athena is not meant to be, MARIAAAAAAA ok, rant is done xD
Mar 19, 2010 6:21 AM

Mar 2010
I use to be a Hina x Hayate fan but then i did the 100 chapter blitz on onemanga when they posted it all at once and I was converted to Athena x Hayate. Seriously this is the best pairing in the series. Childhood friend types always win ( I hope). And for those who are following the manga recently, dont fret, I have a feeling there will be a strong hayate x athena moment in the next chapter. I'll even post my thought on it a little later. just dont give up on A-tan!

Soap Mactavish doesn't die. Not even a knife in the heart can stop him. *insert Chuck Norris joke here*
Captain Soap Mactavish doesn't die. Not even a knife to the heart can stop him. *insert Chuck Norris joke here*
Mar 19, 2010 4:15 PM

Oct 2008
This is the only thing I hate Hata Kenjiro for: he made too many lovable characters: Hina, Maria, Ayumu, and finally Athena. To some point, personally, I would like to see each of those girls getting together with Hayate. Maria because they work together, and basically spend the most time together while they work, and they are already like a good family. Hinagiku because Hata created so many superb romantic scenes with her and Hayate, and Hina herself was made to be loved by the readers. Ayumu because she diligently pursues Hayate and truly loves him. Athena because of the whole End of the World arc when, as it seems, a great deal of other pairings fans converted immediately into HayatexA-tan(including myself). But at this point I can't imagine anything but HayatexA-tan, the only other outcome I would be willing to accept would be HayatexHina, but thats that.
Mar 20, 2010 9:07 AM
Jan 2009
Rudgald said:
This is the only thing I hate Hata Kenjiro for: he made too many lovable characters: Hina, Maria, Ayumu, and finally Athena. To some point, personally, I would like to see each of those girls getting together with Hayate. Maria because they work together, and basically spend the most time together while they work, and they are already like a good family. Hinagiku because Hata created so many superb romantic scenes with her and Hayate, and Hina herself was made to be loved by the readers. Ayumu because she diligently pursues Hayate and truly loves him. Athena because of the whole End of the World arc when, as it seems, a great deal of other pairings fans converted immediately into HayatexA-tan(including myself). But at this point I can't imagine anything but HayatexA-tan, the only other outcome I would be willing to accept would be HayatexHina, but thats that.

I have to agree with you on all counts there. Sadly, despite all the romantic scenes that Hina and Hayate have shared (including living together for a period of time), Hayate has specifically stated that he loves Athena... the first time in the entire series that he's had any declaration for a girl. As a result, perhaps it's just me, but it looked like Hina kinda resolved her to not vieing for Hayate anymore... Ayumu on the other hand probably will never stop pursuing him but will come to share in Hayate's happiness with someone else other than her, despite her inevitable tears. It's why I love my Hamster.

Athena and Hayate seem to be the most logical choice, but as the story is progressing, I'm getting the feeling that this will represent a moral in life: those that are most natural in the world are the hardest to obtain. (either it be through Hayate's misunderstandings or Athena's determination not to hurt him anymore.) I'm also getting more and more relieved that Nagi is being taken out as a potential "soul mate" for Hayate. Seriously, no.... UNLESSS.... Hayate disappears once again this time into the future several years later.. and Nagi is all grown up (both physically and mentally due to Hayate's disappearance) and Hayate grows to love her then.. then MAYBE i'll be ok with that.
Mar 25, 2010 1:28 AM

Oct 2007
Hina X Hayate... up until the introduction of Athena.

But there's just something that I can't accept with the Athena X Hayate pairing. Athena is not introduced in the first 150 chapters. It seems really weird to me that Hayate would just end up with Athena (someone who was introduced pretty late in the manga).

For some unknown reason, I find myself rooting for Nagi X Hayate. Maybe it was the scene where Nagi knowingly crushed the stone which was the key to her inheritance...
Mar 31, 2010 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
hiten said:
Tama
i loled
Apr 1, 2010 11:03 AM

Sep 2008
What is up with all these girl x girl pairings. Maybe in some random doujinshi, but you guys can't possibly think that it will happen in the actual manga. First of all, Hina x Ayumu and stuff like that wouldn't work because they're not homosexual. The Miki x Ayumu thing that came out of left field wouldn't work because, again, Ayumu isn't homosexual. Learn about the characters before making pairings for them <_<

As for actual candidates for Hayate, any of them would make me happy, just so long as Hata-sensei gives the ones that are shafted some sort of compensation. Though I am rooting for Hayate x Nagi the most. It seems Hata-sensei is also leaning toward that direction so I'm happy :3
Apr 1, 2010 12:23 PM

Oct 2009
Um, Sunshinesan, I dunno if you've noticed or not, but Ayumu acts pretty openly bi. Like during the hot springs arc where she confessed that she ended up getting aroused when she was toweling off Hina. (I'm pretty sure Hina's acted like that towards Ayumu herself at some point but I'm too lazy to find examples right now....)

Oh, AyumuxMiki is still totally left field, Bastion. At least wait until they've talked to each other. >>
Apr 1, 2010 12:54 PM

Sep 2008
sunshinesan said:
.. The Miki x Ayumu thing that came out of left field wouldn't work because, again, Ayumu isn't homosexual. Learn about the characters before making pairings for them <_<

Ayumu made comments to Hina along the same lines as Miki implies both during the hot-springs arc, and with some reading between the lines when her and Hina were in the ferris wheel.

sunshinesan said:
As for actual candidates for Hayate, any of them would make me happy, just so long as Hata-sensei gives the ones that are shafted some sort of compensation. Though I am rooting for Hayate x Nagi the most. It seems Hata-sensei is also leaning toward that direction so I'm happy :3

I'd also be glad for 'pairing the spares', leaning towards Hinagiku with Hayate though. Hinagiku seems to be the only one who hasn't had an alternate option presented within the story.

MrGlassesMan said:
Oh, AyumuxMiki is still totally left field, Bastion. At least wait until they've talked to each other. >>

Ayumu and Miki have talked to each other, probably at length considering Miki is the spokesperson when they're meeting in Japan at the start of the Greece arc when Hina asks the trio what they're doing.
BastionApr 1, 2010 12:58 PM

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

~Durarara

Apr 2, 2010 7:32 AM

Sep 2008
MrGlassesMan said:
Um, Sunshinesan, I dunno if you've noticed or not, but Ayumu acts pretty openly bi. Like during the hot springs arc where she confessed that she ended up getting aroused when she was toweling off Hina.

I did noticed that part. But I don't think there is any other point in the manga where she was "openly bi". She's too busy obsessing over Hayate to show any other side of her if there was another side. Plus, the way that I interpreted that scene was just Ayumu teasing Hina, not that they were actually sexually attracted toward each other. It was a sign of their strong friendship, and friendship != attraction.
Apr 2, 2010 10:19 AM

Oct 2009
Bastion said:
Hinagiku seems to be the only one who hasn't had an alternate option presented within the story.

Umm, hello, Ayumu?....

Bastion said:
Ayumu and Miki have talked to each other, probably at length considering Miki is the spokesperson when they're meeting in Japan at the start of the Greece arc when Hina asks the trio what they're doing.

IIRC, that scene was Hina, Ayumu and the idiot trio talking to each other as a group, not Ayumu and Miki singling each other out. And even if you say 'probably at length', if we're not even shown that they talked to each other much, it's not much to go on /:
Apr 2, 2010 11:28 AM
Jan 2009
i lol at how this became a discussion of who is best suited for Ayumu or Hina... rather than sticking to the reason why this was even created.
Apr 2, 2010 12:16 PM

Oct 2009
kpax12 said:
i lol at how this became a discussion of who is best suited for Ayumu or Hina... rather than sticking to the reason why this was even created.

Hey! It's tangentially related! D:
Apr 17, 2010 9:29 PM
Apr 2010
Hayate and A-Tan cause they both love each other
Apr 22, 2010 8:46 PM
Jan 2010
Nagi is the best for Hayate
May 7, 2010 3:18 PM
May 2010
Athena!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or go for "score all heroin at once" but mostly Athena
May 10, 2010 8:48 PM

Dec 2009
He should just go for the harem ending
I really couldn't be bothered to come up with a clever signature at this time. So right now I will go ahead and say nay and move on with my business
May 15, 2010 8:38 PM

Jul 2009
i really think its nagi.....
though hayate never realizes, he is actually inlove with nagi.. i got this point wer he chose nagi over athena and chooses to come back..... well its not like pity or obligation dat hayate is staying with nagi even tho nagi lost her inheritance... its love just like when athena decided not to come back with em is because she realizes dat hayate already loves nagi.... and o well dats just my frequin opinion.. feel free to talk to me if u disagree... its just a opinion....
nagixhayate! the most romantic meeting scene on my entire life of watching anime... snow falling staring to ea other like time stops.... i just cant quite forget about it the moment dat i saw it especially in the anime....
hahaha! im a fool!

Jun 10, 2010 8:21 PM
Jun 2010
umm wheres isumi? i love her :D shes so stupid and funny lmfao, also athena and hayate would of been together if naji's grandfather didnt steal that thingy from athena's castle cause athena pointed out that after he stole it, she hid the castle, and if she didnt hide the castle, hayate would of been back with her=[
Jun 10, 2010 8:22 PM
Jun 2010
sirtakedown said:

like how the dude in seitokai no ichizon wanted a harem ending? lol
Jul 20, 2010 12:20 AM

Sep 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
sirtakedown said:

I haven't seen a case where the guy wants a harem ending where it would work itself out. In this case, the biggest issue would be Hayate himself!
He wants to keep all of them happy, but I don't think he'd accept taking more than one as his lover.
And if that one isn't Nagi, whoever he does pick would still have to share him with her, eternal protection and all.

Athena would be another problem with a harem ending. She's shown zero interest in letting any other girl close to him.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

~Durarara

Jul 22, 2010 2:28 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I just tied it for A-tan. :o Looks like it's a draw between A-tan and Hina.

Aug 8, 2010 4:12 PM

Feb 2010
I think A-tan is better suited because of the love she has for Hayate.
Oh well, I pray that Hata, Kenjiro -sensei will pair them together:) A-tan X Hayate forever!!~~

EDIT: hehe i'm the tiebreaker!
JimsterGAug 8, 2010 8:23 PM

Aug 17, 2010 5:15 PM

Apr 2008
I voted for A-Tan as well. I've never actually been a huge fan of the HayatexHina pairing, with my second choice going to either Izumi (I know it won't happen, but I still like it :P) or Nagi.
Aug 17, 2010 5:17 PM

Apr 2008
I voted for A-Tan as well. I've never actually been a huge fan of the HayatexHina pairing, with my second choice going to either Izumi (I know it won't happen, but I still like it :P) or Nagi.

Edit: Sorry about the double post.
Aug 18, 2010 6:09 PM

Feb 2010
wooh hinagiku by one
Jun 18, 2013 2:49 PM

Jun 2012
I love hina. D:
Jun 18, 2013 9:10 PM

Oct 2010
As a big A-tan x Hayate shipper, I definitely choose Athena. I loved the pair since the EOTW arc and things just got better after the Athens arc. Even though it is quite a long shot I hope they become a couple at the end (or at least have a stable friendship where they stay in contact.)
Aug 13, 2013 6:50 AM
Aug 2013
A-tan is definitely the best for hayate.
even though hayate will have 2 end up with nagi as is has already been decided from start, but yet it is difficult to imagine so.
coz he has never really shown any interest in her.
Nov 20, 2014 9:41 AM
Nov 2014
game8910 said:
ClessAlvein said:

dont you go killing Athena ;A;

yah, Unless Athena dies, shes the only one for Hayate
Nov 20, 2014 9:46 AM
Nov 2014
Bastion said:
Raigeki1993 said:

I haven't seen a case where the guy wants a harem ending where it would work itself out. In this case, the biggest issue would be Hayate himself!
He wants to keep all of them happy, but I don't think he'd accept taking more than one as his lover.
And if that one isn't Nagi, whoever he does pick would still have to share him with her, eternal protection and all.

Athena would be another problem with a harem ending. She's shown zero interest in letting any other girl close to him.

lets just kill Hayate so the Harem ends fair for every girls
Nov 26, 2014 5:35 PM

May 2011
As long as Nagi doesn't win. I'm all board for Athena, Hina, Ayumu, Izumi, Ruka and what not, but please, just let it not be Nagi. I have nothing against the char, but it just doesn't make sense if she does win.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 517 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

6 by TheLostLight »»
Feb 15, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 569 Discussion

Icedout15 - Apr 5, 2018

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 568 (Final Chapter) Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishkoten - Apr 9, 2017

77 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 567 Discussion

Ishkoten - Apr 6, 2017

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 566 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2017

2 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.