Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2009 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So that was the end. I am sad that Seh-Wah died. It's something to be expected when her condition is delicate. I guess, it was for the better. Oh Seh-Joon followed her. :(

The flashback did wrap up the whole story. Somehow I can't believe this manhwa is already finished. That was a great story. Dark, dramatic, romantic and little comedic. It was great reading this.
Jul 14, 2009 6:01 PM
Jun 2007
what did the message on the cell phone say ...it was'nt translated and im hella curious !! =[
Jul 14, 2009 6:43 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah I was curious on that one too but I am guessing it is the call history list (Gi-Hoon time of call).

I hope someone can translate it for us. :)
Sep 14, 2009 4:34 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
that was a very very sad ending. I think this is the first manga/manhwa I ever read where I cried at the end. A wonderful story. Definitely going on my favorites list.

10/10
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 17, 2009 9:39 PM

Jan 2009
Very weird creepy ending, but I guess that's the way this mango was. Dark, Horrorific and psychological. Overall I did certainly enjoyed it, but the ending left me unsatisfied. 9/10 for me.

RANDOM: Lilium from Elfen Lied OST would fit this story perfectly. Fuck yes.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 5, 2009 7:35 AM

Jan 2008
Amazing story, something I wouldn't expect w/ the shoujo type art and setting. From what I've read the cellphone message was supposed to be sad because the last call sehwah made was for Gi-hoon and his name was input in such a way that shows that she cares for him.

The ending was satisfactory only because I wasnted a more tragic or melancholy ending for such a nice build up. I'm not sure how everything supposedly went down but I think Seh-Joon's final actions showed that he wasn't being posessive. Anyways I'm glad I found such a good story, if anyone's got some recommendations for any other manga w/ a dark side please let me know.(Not like Higurashi, or Elfen where a lot is gore, just more of a "socially" dark manga)
Dec 28, 2009 6:06 PM

Dec 2008
Wow... this completely blew me away! It was such a great manhwa! The characters were so well defined, the story was intense, the art was absolutely gorgeous ... i just can't think of one single thing that would make me change my point of view about this great piece of work!

I've read a lot of stories about love between siblings, but this one had the biggest impact on me! I think that the manga-ka had a great way to express all the characters feelings into every single page. I cried my heart out while i was reading the last chapter. I was expecting a really sad ending... but it still took me by surprise :-|

Ooh.... and i really liked Gi-hoon from the beginning, even though he seemed suspicious. I was very sad when i found out his whole story and it really moved me when i saw that he still fell in love with Seh-Wah. And i'm really glad that she cared a lot about him as well.

Great manhwa! 10/10
Jan 20, 2010 9:01 AM

Feb 2009
that was so amazing *.*

Mar 9, 2010 7:54 AM

Sep 2008
On the mobile phone it was Gi-Hoon's name.That way the storyteller shows that because they are fraternal they are close to each other.It shows that Seh Wah loves his brother not as a lover,but as a brother.Also it showed that Gi-Hoon is probably the one she was inlove for a first time.
Mar 13, 2010 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
Nekkro said:
On the mobile phone it was Gi-Hoon's name.That way the storyteller shows that because they are fraternal they are close to each other.It shows that Seh Wah loves his brother not as a lover,but as a brother.Also it showed that Gi-Hoon is probably the one she was inlove for a first time.

i agree!in the end we can see it clearly that she didnt loved her brother with the same "love"feelings anymore. She loved Gi-Hoon.
damn, i wanted so much that Gi-Hoon could stay with Seh Wah T.T
i usually hate this type of endings, but i must confess i loved the manga.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 8, 2010 8:47 PM

Jun 2010
I wasn't expecting.. like shit. When she died I kept thinking he'll wake up and they'll be okay, everything okay..

I realized he wasn't waking up, she was still dead. Just like wow I've never had a manga/manhwa surprise me completely with an ending that I thought would never happen. It was crazy, really,really crazy.

Sad.. It's not that I wanted Gi-Hoon to end up alone but somehow I feel completely crappy now that I know that she never really loved See-Joon more than as a brother. Just, after all that, to go that far and then completely realize you didn't really love him that way. Honestly, I really loved See-Joon in this throughout all the hurting, craziness, insane behavior in the end I believe ending is life was the only thing he could do after losing his love. It isn't his fault..
Sep 13, 2010 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
I'm glad Gi-Hoon stayed alive after all. He's my favorite character.. if only he could have been together with See-Wah
Oct 12, 2010 10:16 AM
Dec 2006
Did anyone else notice that See-Joon and See-Wah did a complete role reversal? He went from wanting distance from her to being completely possessive and she went went from clingy to wanting to be with Gi-Hoon.

Also I liked the part about the twins possibly being lovers in a previous life. It added a nice touch to the taboo.

Overall great story.
Nov 14, 2010 3:10 PM
Apr 2008
I'm not sure what kind of ending that I was expecting, but I SERIOUSLY did not see that coming. @___@ I feel like the most TRAGIC thing that could ever possibly happen in this series just happened on the last chapter. :/ Anyway~ I'm not quite sure who was I rooting for through-out the book, but oh.. gosh.. No one had a happy ending. D: Deep.. Just deep.
Mar 23, 2011 8:08 AM

Jan 2010
Well, it was expected. Though I really would have preferred a different kind of ending. One where possibly Gi-Hoon dies? Yeah, that suits me, I never cared for him. And then the twins lived happily ever after... Yeah, right. Like that could happen. Their relationship was so messed up, yet I still liked it and when it was obvious that she was in love with Gi-Hoon... I became sad. =_=
Jun 2, 2011 10:51 PM

Aug 2009
Very unexpected ending. It was really sad especially when Seh-Wa died.
I didn't expect that. And it's not a surprise that Seh-Joon followed her.

Wish Seh-Wa and Gi-Hoon be together though. I feel sorry for him especially when he knew he was already falling in love with her~

I love this manhwa.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 9, 2011 4:21 PM

Apr 2009
That was an amazing manhwa. Blew me away.
The ending almost made me tear up (which is a big deal). God, damn it, it was so sad T-T
I really hoped for a Seh-Wa x Gi-Hoon ending too... :((
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jul 14, 2011 8:08 PM
Jan 2011
So It Wasnt That Kind Of Love After All, See-Joon Knew This, But he didnt cared, and maybe she was developing feelings toward Gi-Hoon or at least thats what i thought, Anyways I really didnt like how See-Joon took the brunt.
Apr 18, 2012 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
I wish Seh-Wah could have ended up with Gi Hoon. :/

Seh- Joon is such a jerk for being so possessive; I really can't see from his perspective. I'm sorry, but he got what he deserved. If he's forcefully trying to take something he can't get then of course the thing/person would be destroyed/die. He deserves his ending.
HEY!
May 22, 2012 3:28 AM

Sep 2009
well i just finished the manhwa , and i guess see-wah loved see-joon not only as a brother but also a lover (i only got this hunch by reading what the narrator always says), but when see-joon neglected her in the few chapter she found relief in Gi-hoon and after that she fell in love with him and she realize she loved gi-hoon than see-joon

soo thats what i think and the ending is so sad
Oct 14, 2012 7:13 AM
Dec 2011
The korean's pull no punshes that is for sure. I knew it was going to end like this but i read it any way. So really it was the Dad come uppings at the end. He was the original sinner.
Nov 1, 2012 7:15 PM
Aug 2012
SOMEONE explain this shit to me, I dont understand the beginning and ending quote and the relevance to the plot " would you rather be loved by everyone..", I kind of get it but I wasnt really sure what its trying to say. Also it seemed the girl truly loved not her brother but the other guy, am I the only one that thinks so, I think she just loved her brother because everyone else detested her, but that guy was the only one to truly see her as a real person? Im confused about the ending and the logic behind this.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Nov 10, 2012 7:51 PM
Aug 2012
cmon someone im still confused no one answered me on mangafox either.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Jun 3, 2013 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
muntasir123 said:
SOMEONE explain this shit to me, I dont understand the beginning and ending quote and the relevance to the plot " would you rather be loved by everyone..", I kind of get it but I wasnt really sure what its trying to say. Also it seemed the girl truly loved not her brother but the other guy, am I the only one that thinks so, I think she just loved her brother because everyone else detested her, but that guy was the only one to truly see her as a real person? Im confused about the ending and the logic behind this.

Yeah, you're right. By the end it was clear the Seh Wah only loved her brother as a brother, and was actually in love with Gi Hoon.
May 6, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2008
It's honestly sad that either one of them died, but can I still say that the ending was great? It summed it up perfectly and the story telling was done really good as well.
Jun 16, 2014 5:59 AM
Jan 2014
Wow, truly a diamond in the rough. It was jarring and impacting and truly dragged me in. I enjoyed seeing the story play out and discovering more layers of each character. Truly magical storytelling and breathtaking art. You could say that I was expecting to feel more emotion that would really shake me (judging by the reviews) and was a little unsatisfied. Really well done, though. The story really knew what it was and what it wanted to be and stuck with it, never flip-flopping and the ending sits well with me.

8/10
moving on.
Oct 28, 2014 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
When I started reading this, I kinda wondered if this could lead to anything good.. and for sure I was surprised beyond my imagination by the late volumes of the manga.

It starts a bit slow, but takes it's time explaining the characters basic personality(but both twins went completely 180 degrees by the end)

The reactions of characters were weird from time to time, but nothing too unrealistic.

The story was getting more and more entangling as it dragged on, unlike the usual opposite of getting boring.

Albeit a bit predictable... even too predictable - most of the twists were pretty easily foreseen.. it still was pretty interesting to see how it played through in the end.
The ending brought a good closure and the morale of the story was explained pretty well over the course of the manga.

A drama worth giving a try.
Nov 26, 2014 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
Wauw.
Dec 10, 2014 6:09 AM

Jul 2012
Great ending tbh it was worth the read. I'd have been a lot more satisfied if the author didn't spoon feed me the Gi hoon and Seh wah relationship.
The Manga Society Rules MAL
Feb 25, 2015 2:59 AM

Nov 2011
Well that was depressing. From the early going, I just knew something tragic may happen and welp, I wasn't wrong.
Aug 9, 2015 8:53 PM
Dec 2013
I liked the manga, would probly re-read it.. except for the last 3 chapters. Though they were very poorly written. ANd majorly disliked the ending. BUt really good overall. I wanted Sewa and Gi-Hoon to be <3 ...
Aug 12, 2015 8:37 AM
Jun 2014
I liked the manga it was interesting, but the ending just confused me. Maybe I'm only having complex feelings because I wanted Se-wa to end up with Se-joon... I don't know, but I don't feel like she really loved Gi Hoon... I still think she loved her brother...

Also I hated Gi Hoon! Coming in between twins! Unforgivable!
Sep 2, 2015 9:12 PM
Nov 2011
I feel like everything just ended perfectly. The only thing that I expected to see but that I didn't was an underlining cause to their attachment. I guess sharing a life-threatening illness as twins could have twisted them and then they grew into it, but it's surprising that it would go to this degree.

In any case, I loved Gi-Hoon. I don't think he wanted revenge so much as to be close to her. Both the girl he fell for at first sight and the heart of his own twin. He was obsessed, but he didn't fully understand his own obsession. I got the feeling that he was resolved at the end to accept his own emotions. I'm glad he lived.

Mostly, I feel for Sei-wa. She just wanted to love and be loved, but it wasn't til the end that she fully comprehended what it meant to love another. She was finally able to feel calm. It seemed like she knew that she was going to die but she decided to see her love through.
Sep 16, 2015 10:11 PM

Aug 2015
Hauntingly bittersweet. Twisted yet pure. A tragic tale that is beautifully crafted and earnestly told. It could have been so much more had the twins' relationship been more properly developed.

Shame it had to end like this. Still, a rare gem if you can look past the obvious incest theme. The last few chapters bore so much resemblances to Oyasumi Punpun it scares me.
kcerwniartamiSep 16, 2015 10:42 PM
Nov 13, 2015 6:14 AM
May 2014
I found the manhwa by accident when searching for The Flowers of Evil manga of the same name and came across this. I was not disappointed, I really enjoyed the reading and finished it within a few hours. Although I didn't think Se-wah would die & did have a feelig something would about her illness would happen. From a previous chapter when Se-wah faints and Se-joon explains how she tends to fake it sometimes, Gi-hoon then says what is he going to do if it is real. From that I assumed something about her illness would come up again in later chapters, just not resulting in her death! Part of me wished Se-wah and Gi-hoon could of lived "happily ever after", but I think the ending the mangaka* (not sure what a comic artist is called in Korea) chose was tragically perfect to me.

Also, the title of the manhwa reminded me of one of my favorite books titled, Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews, which is also about forbidden love between siblings/incest. I found it interesting that both about incest had flowers mentioned in their titles. Overall, I enjoyed reading it and am glad I stumbled across it.
Dec 17, 2015 7:55 PM
Dec 2015
Speechless. 10/10
Mar 28, 2016 5:06 PM
Mar 2013
Why was everyone cheering for Gi-hoon damn. I wanted the end to be a little different, like Se-joon and Se-wa wouldn't leave alone but together. I loved them together! But stil I am satisfied with the ending. So 10/10

But can anyone help me? The last few sentences I don't really understand, can someone explain what was the meaning of the "to be loved by one, but that would be impossible. Because I...." What shoud be after the "because I" I have no idea, please somebody tell me I am curious!!!
Aug 26, 2016 11:02 PM
May 2010
I think it ended in the only real way it could.. I was surprised at how graphic Se-wah's death was and the resolution it had... the things it meant.

Her father misdiagnosing a disease on purpose to get a heart for his own daughter.
The brother ending up with the biggest sis complex in the world and utterly obsessed with protecting his girlfriend from everyone else.
Gi-hoon coming to try and find the child that received the heart only to fall in love with that very person, though I have no idea what the end purpose of it was.
How things spiraled into utter madness. It's possible the mother noticed that the twins were naked or lightly clothed after they'd had sex but, since the two had already established before that they slept together at night, I don't think she really thought about it because they're siblings and it's normal for them to do so. They were both shown to be more or less fully covered so, she didn't notice that neither of them were wearing any underwear whatsoever.

To be honest I find the father pitiable. After all, can you imagine how he must have felt, a doctor but unable to save his own child? He sinned in order to save his own daughter.
Se-wah was the most innocent of them, toyed with emotionally by her brother ever since her surgery, she ended up only relying on him, only needing him just as her brother wanted her to.
It's her brother that's inexcusable morally the most I feel, sure his father killed a child but, I can understand his reasoning very clearly, and he followed through with it. It was something he did for his child to save her. The brother on the other hand messed with his sister, fucked her life up by making her utterly dependent on him, then, decided to begin to distance himself from her, perhaps afraid of what he had made. Getting his own girlfriend, toying with that girl's emotions and often using her to psychologically torment his sister.

In the end, I think that Se-wah knew she was going to die, she either ran out of or didn't take the drugs that stopped the rejection of her transplanted organ and she fully would have known either one. She didn't want to leave her brother alone, she couldn't, but at the same time she wanted to give her heart to the one she truly loved, hence she called him again and again. Even though she took away the heart of Gi-hoon's sibling, she ended up giving her own back to him.

Though that said, she might have died due to some other issue that the extreme stress of her situation caused her, I don't know if throwing up blood can be caused by organ rejection.

Regardless, it was a very very tragic tale with a very fitting ending.

The brother decided to follow his sister into the after life, as he couldn't go on without her.

I hope that their parents, if nothing else, their mother didn't end up committing suicide afterwards, I can't imagine how painful it might be to lose one child first then the other to suicide in a way that made it clear that he was following his sister.

Thank you for reading.
Sep 5, 2017 11:07 AM

Mar 2014
Aaaaaaaaa that was so sad :(((( Se-wa dying was expected, but it was such an intense scene accompanied with Se-Joon's reactions.... damn. And Se-Joon dying was so sad, he slit his wrists while holding their pictures.... and that flashback at the end with them telling the story.... GOD T_T

On a side note, the fact that it was written by a woman is really easy to spot because the incestuous relationship was not sexualized for the eyes of the audience nor were the girls drawn in an extremely sexual manner. It was nice for a change imo, having no fanservice at all.

This is the first manhwa I've read and it didn't disappoint! A dark, tragic, romantic, psychological tale. I mostly disagreed with the actions of the characters but their feelings were always very palpable and poignant.

9/10, really loved it, even though I sacrificed the day reading it instead of studying for my exams lol.
Feb 1, 2020 10:03 PM

Aug 2016
damn my heart hurts so bad. I didnt feel like their incest was bad anymore. This is so sad.

All the best people are crazy!
Sep 26, 2020 2:04 PM

Jul 2017
Man my friend gassed this manhwa up for me and sadly, I really was disappointed by everything about this. I love Les Fleurs du Mal by Baudelaire, but this was just awful from beginning to end.
Mar 14, 2021 7:33 PM

Sep 2020
Viper_607 said:
I think it ended in the only real way it could.. I was surprised at how graphic Se-wah's death was and the resolution it had... the things it meant.

Her father misdiagnosing a disease on purpose to get a heart for his own daughter.
The brother ending up with the biggest sis complex in the world and utterly obsessed with protecting his girlfriend from everyone else.
Gi-hoon coming to try and find the child that received the heart only to fall in love with that very person, though I have no idea what the end purpose of it was.
How things spiraled into utter madness. It's possible the mother noticed that the twins were naked or lightly clothed after they'd had sex but, since the two had already established before that they slept together at night, I don't think she really thought about it because they're siblings and it's normal for them to do so. They were both shown to be more or less fully covered so, she didn't notice that neither of them were wearing any underwear whatsoever.

To be honest I find the father pitiable. After all, can you imagine how he must have felt, a doctor but unable to save his own child? He sinned in order to save his own daughter.
Se-wah was the most innocent of them, toyed with emotionally by her brother ever since her surgery, she ended up only relying on him, only needing him just as her brother wanted her to.
It's her brother that's inexcusable morally the most I feel, sure his father killed a child but, I can understand his reasoning very clearly, and he followed through with it. It was something he did for his child to save her. The brother on the other hand messed with his sister, fucked her life up by making her utterly dependent on him, then, decided to begin to distance himself from her, perhaps afraid of what he had made. Getting his own girlfriend, toying with that girl's emotions and often using her to psychologically torment his sister.

In the end, I think that Se-wah knew she was going to die, she either ran out of or didn't take the drugs that stopped the rejection of her transplanted organ and she fully would have known either one. She didn't want to leave her brother alone, she couldn't, but at the same time she wanted to give her heart to the one she truly loved, hence she called him again and again. Even though she took away the heart of Gi-hoon's sibling, she ended up giving her own back to him.

Though that said, she might have died due to some other issue that the extreme stress of her situation caused her, I don't know if throwing up blood can be caused by organ rejection.

Regardless, it was a very very tragic tale with a very fitting ending.

The brother decided to follow his sister into the after life, as he couldn't go on without her.

I hope that their parents, if nothing else, their mother didn't end up committing suicide afterwards, I can't imagine how painful it might be to lose one child first then the other to suicide in a way that made it clear that he was following his sister.

Thank you for reading.

This is definitely the most insightful comment of all. You hit every point head-on, in my opinion.

Alienekoo said:
damn my heart hurts so bad. I didnt feel like their incest was bad anymore. This is so sad.

I'm disgusted but not surprised to see people shipping the two siblings together. After reading the manwha, that's the take-away that some people are getting from this? Oof.

Things I found fascinating:
-The role reversal. By the second half of the manwha it's very clear how Se-joon manipulated Se-wah to such a psychologically deep level that she felt dependant on him. This is very different from my original view, which was the opposite. That's probably what the author wanted the reader to think, though.
-Se-wah and Gi-hoon's relationship. At first I thought Se-wah was just trying to get into Se-joon's head, like he was doing with Su-in. But it appears in the end that she truly did like him. I found that surprising, considering she was called the Ice Princess.
-Se-wah's death. I can't say I was surprised by her death. I actually was expecting a joint-suicide from the two. There were very limited options for a happy ending in this story. How can there be a happy ending when you're in love with your sister? Even if they hadn't had died, Se-joon wouldn't have been able to handle Se-wah being happy with Gi-hoon. What did surprise me was that Se-wah let herself die, knowing that she didn't have her medication.

This story, as messed up as it is, reminded me why I love the psychological genre. If you can look past the weird themes and see what the author is trying to accomplish, they can be quite interesting.
firstspringMar 14, 2021 7:46 PM
*insert emotional quote or waifu boobs*
May 20, 2021 2:48 AM
May 2020
ugh I wanded to read more of this ;-;
May 20, 2021 2:48 AM
May 2020
ugh I wanded to read more of this ;-;
Nov 22, 2023 8:46 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to muntasir123
@muntasir123 Basically the story of would you rather be loved by all or one person who you love summarizes their whole relationship. Sewa always wanted to only be loved by one person, she didn’t care if other people thought she was weird. Sejoon did care what other people thought, he wanted to be with Sewa, but he was scared of what his parents and other would think of him. That’s why Sejoon pushed Sewa away and the reason she left him, because she realized her love would never be fulfilled. The only somewhat similar example I can think of is when there is a gay couple, but only one of them is comfortable coming out of the closet.

She ended up falling for Gihoon because he accepted her and she realized she could have a real relationship with him. I think she also began to realize how evil her brother was. The opening story said that the woman fell in love with the man’s outer appearance and gave up on him in despair. I think Sewa thought her brother was gentle and kind because that is how he presented himself to the world. But to the reader and to Sewa we begin to see he is selfish and manipulative. I think the saddest scene was when Sewa was manipulated into sleeping with Sejoon.

In the beginning Sewa was in love with Sejoon, but he cheated on her and broke up with her. Gihoon and Sewa ended up becoming close and eventually falling in love. However, I don’t think Sewa fully understood she was in love until after her and Sejoon ran away. The opening story talked about how the woman could not betray her husband, and I think this could be a reference to Gihoon and her relationship. Because she let go of Sejoon’s hand when Gihoon walked by.

Lastly, I think the ending line of “because I” is because he can’t be with his sister. It’s socially taboo and he thinks the world won’t allow it. Being without Sewa was too painful, along with the guilt of killing Sewa and the fact that he is still trying to run away from his consequences. I thought it was interesting how the author tried to explain the dynamics between the twins and Gihoon as a tragic past life and wished that had been developed more..

Anyways, I hope this helps!

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Flowers of Evil Chapter 7 Discussion

Chitai - May 6, 2014

2 by mrwick101 »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » The Flowers of Evil Chapter 25 Discussion

Chitai - May 6, 2014

1 by Danae »»
Sep 5, 2017 10:51 AM

Poll: » The Flowers of Evil Chapter 24 Discussion

Chitai - May 6, 2014

1 by Danae »»
Sep 5, 2017 10:43 AM

Poll: » Flower of Evil Chapter 23 Discussion

cabaret - Jun 17, 2009

8 by Danae »»
Sep 5, 2017 10:36 AM

Poll: » Flower of Evil Chapter 20 Discussion

Mikiyo - Oct 17, 2009

3 by Danae »»
Sep 5, 2017 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.