Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2014 2:17 AM
Feb 2014
The first 10 minutes are simply awesome. I do understand why KyoAni have to put CGI in it (well, it's REALLY hard to draw the CGI out by hand), and I absolutely love the animation quality. Even Kumin manages to show everyone how her weapon in Ren Episode 1 was made.

The whole recap was poor, though. And the biggest problem: The music. It makes the romantic scenes less romantic, the comedic scenes less comedic and so on. I would rather watch the first 10 minutes + opening -> Watch the whole S1 in non-movie version -> movie ending.

It's supposed to be Takanashi Rikka version, right? It didn't really change much if you ask me.

So only a 6/10...
Feb 27, 2014 2:29 AM
Feb 2012
The first ten minutes were worth my time (the last five as well). But the rest I could've easily skipped. They even left out that one scene with Dekomori and Yuuta at the train station...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 27, 2014 9:30 AM
Mar 2012
I enjoyed the wedding part. Everything after, not so much. As a recap, it wasn't very effective in portraying season 1. If I haven't watched the first season and just watched the movie, I would have no idea what is going on.
Feb 27, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
It's a lot nicer than I thought. The prologue and the scenes explaining how they came to live together was very nice. The recap part was kinda rushed but shouldn't be a problem for those who has watched the first season. In fact I still found myself tearing up when Rikka said good bye to her father. In terms of recap episode, it's a lot less tedious compared to other recap movies I've watched. The added content made it worth to watch through to the end.
Feb 27, 2014 12:11 PM

Sep 2008
GuiltyKing said:
The first ten minutes were worth my time (the last five as well). But the rest I could've easily skipped. They even left out that one scene with Dekomori and Yuuta at the train station...

They skipped lot of scenes with Yuuta and other characters,
because this was from Rikka's POV.
She don't know Yuuta and Dekomori have such talk ;)

I think most people forget about that this movie was in cinema,
so this is something more than just "recap",
can you imagine watching it on big screen? *.*
Feb 27, 2014 12:20 PM

May 2011
That ttgl reference though. http://i.imgur.com/CRmwi5D.jpg

Feb 28, 2014 12:21 AM

Jan 2014
The wedding scenes were great in so many ways (nobody's mentioned the music so far)…so this is what Rikka dreams of? Funny to imagine her thinking of herself and Nibutani that way; it's almost like one of Yuuta's dreams instead.

I've begun to notice that there are a ton of references in what Dekomori says, now she's quoting a 17th-century poet, William King (in very cute Engrish): "His hook was baited with a dragon's tail." How the heck did that happen? (I guess it must be via some movie or something? Still.) Her magical incantations can be the most imaginative now and then.

I just skipped through some of the rest of the 'movie' to see what it's like; I guess it's a good recap, but it isn't really from Rikka's perspective, that would require a lot of new animation. There are some nice things, like the compilation of Shinka, Sanae, and Kumin clips halfway through, and it might be nice to watch the whole thing once it's been a while.
Feb 28, 2014 3:30 AM

Oct 2012
Cute & amazing wedding scene xD
Bridal attack!!
And I just remembered Team Rocket's pose xD

Takanashi Rikka Reborn? Reborn? Reborn?
Reeeeeeee-Booooornnnnnnn!!! xD

The BGM still awesome like always
"Jan-jan-janjan Jan-jan-janjan"

I don't remember the MIB scene in season 1
I laugh at Mjolnir Tornado xD
"Geh-heh, Geh-heh-heh-heh-heh"

Dat special pencil
Did they just borrow it from Akihisa Yoshii? xD

Yuuta visit the Grandpa.... Aw, proposing Rikka so soon?? xD
Yuuta x Rikka is the best couple.. right?? Not Shichimiya?
Oh wait then there's Dekomori x Nibutani xD

Best quote
"The more taboo something is, the more stimulating it is"
-Dekomori Sanae

Note : Never complain about this movie if you're not reading the synopsis!!
"Signature removed"
Feb 28, 2014 3:44 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I really liked the opening segment, was awesome to see.
The rest mostly made me wonder why I wasn't just rewatching the first season instead, would be so much more detailed but whatever. Guess that's about what you can expect from a recap film.

8/10

made a short review as well just because I can~
Feb 28, 2014 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
Rikka looked good in her wedding dress. Good recap movie.
Mar 1, 2014 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
The movie didn't bring anything new to the table -_-
Mar 1, 2014 4:49 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The wedding scene was total win but besides that and the little bridge between the two seasons at the end, I guess there isn't too much to expect from a recap. I wish the movie would've brought something else to the table but I guess that's what we got from the first 15 minutes.

The OST change was a little questionable in some parts, especially in areas where the scene was comedic. But still, I think the tracks weaved together a cohesive mood for the final scene of the recap. I kind of wish that there would be a little more that would make this movie worth watching but I still think it reflects the first season's charms fairly well. Still, you wouldn't miss out on anything by giving this one a pass.

7/10
Mar 1, 2014 6:54 AM
May 2013
Without the first 12 episodes this movie makes no sense .
I loved the wedding scene .
Now I can start the 2nd season.
Mar 1, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
oh well they lied about the new perspective from Rika, it's just a freaking summary from season 1 and a tiny bit of story that bridged season 1 with season 2.
Still ok nonetheless.
Mar 1, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2010
Movie was so .... meh...... It's like watching TV series with fast forward....
Anyway art+animation was great (it's KyoAni) and extra scenes were good too....

6.5/10
Mar 1, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
It was a good recap and i liked the wedding scene. Also got the feels back when Rikka saw the Unseen Horizon.

8/10
Mar 2, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
The wedding part was awesome!

Everything else already seen. I'm disappointed actually 'cause I was expecting "a recap of the first season from Rikka's point of view" to be mostly crazy chuuni battles and delusions... like the above mentioned wedding part. Guess I expected too much.

Oh well 7/10 for being lazy and just compiling scenes from an awesome show.
Mar 4, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
This movie reminded me just how different the first season is to the second.

I'm guessing movie lite still counts as part of the movie on mal?
Mar 4, 2014 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
I watched all of it and I really could have stopped right after 10 mins, oh well.... 7/10
Mar 12, 2014 2:00 AM
Jun 2010
If you don't like recaps do yourself a favor and watch the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes of the movie, that's where the only new scenes are at, so you can skip the 1 hour in between since its all recap with nothing new sprinkled in.
If they weren't trying to make money on a movie the new content would have been just as serviceable in lite episodes.
Mar 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
It was a recap + 10min of newish stuff xD. Well it was enjoyable enough for me to watch it and it was quite good too ^_^.
8/10

Edit!forgot my comments I wrote on my phone while watching this:

Omg how could I miss it the first time in the series, Dekomori in the magic circle/pentagram was saying the incantation for Dragon Slave the most iconic spell of Lina Inverse in Slayers. And as a Slayers fan I feel ashamed to have not realized it until now. But also glad to see it in another anime ^_^.
ao_no_exoMar 20, 2014 2:45 PM
Mar 23, 2014 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
The new parts were alright. The recap... kinda lost the emotional impact the series had...
Apr 1, 2014 11:15 AM

Nov 2010
The new parts at the beginning and the end were very good
Recaps in between reminded me how good season one's story was compared to it's second
Apr 16, 2014 9:35 PM

Jun 2012
Nice setup to the second season.
Jul 3, 2014 8:48 PM

Jun 2014
I a great recap of what happened in the series, with additional scenes in the start and the end of the movie.
Jul 6, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
So, basically, this was 12 new minutes in the beginning and 3 new minutes in the end? Well...

The worst is, it kind didn't fit together, it were just rapid scenes in succession, useless for anyone who hasn't seen first season and without impact for people who has. Waste of time, better watch the whole series.
But all in all, even that, it was still better than whole second season where nothing at all happened in the end.
Sep 15, 2014 9:30 AM

Aug 2014
A recap based on Rikka's perspective, I thought it was going to be something new, I thought we're gonna see the illusions Rikka have been having ever since she met Yuuta.

That additional scenes makes me feel uneasy. Rikka and Yuuta living together? x.x Yuuta's family moving away? I really wanted to see more Kuzuha :'(
Nov 22, 2014 7:12 AM

Jan 2013
This sure isn't suitable for a movie, still, the ending was good, they're going to live together now?
And a new character enters.
Apr 11, 2015 4:52 PM

Jun 2012
it was announced to be mostly recap with new elements and for a recap it was okay but i didn't see many new elements except for marriage stuff but maybe i missed the rest. but since already seen most of it the enjoyment is a bit different.

to bad the marriage wasn't the real thing:(
RobertovkApr 12, 2015 8:08 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Sep 13, 2015 7:49 PM

May 2012
For a recap movie this was actually very well done I must say, while not much was new it still had a nice touch to it when watching it quite some time after finishing the main series!
Oct 29, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2017
Is there a dubbed version of this movie? The english voice actors are credited on the staff page but I couldn't find a dubbed release.
May 3, 2018 1:15 AM

Sep 2013
Well that was a letdown. Just a 90 minute recap.

4/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 8, 2019 5:05 AM

Jul 2015
It's been a while since I've seen this series. Nice to have a sort of recap of the first season. Really helps since I forgot most stuff, and was planning to watch the latest movie Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie: Take On Me

Jul 23, 2019 11:25 AM

Jul 2017
Being a recap movie doesn't automatically make it garbage.

For what it is, the movie does a fairly good job at focusing on the relationship aspect and cutting some lesser stuff.
The new content is nice as well.
Overall, I enjoyed myself with this recap movie.

7.5/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Sep 6, 2019 1:33 AM
Sep 2019
Well... it was kinda boring.

The description of the anime movie said, it would be a story about Rikka telling how Yuuta and her became a couple, how they fell in love.
Basically they just made a compilation of scenes from the episode. Yes, the compilation showed their story of love, but it also contained scenes from the other characters and their developement, which in my opinion didn't really fit.

I do like the ending though.
When Yuuta came back from his "final battle" and Rikka hugged him was adorable.
Also, it had a very nice transition to the 2nd season; an explanation of why Yuuta and Rikka are living together now.
Feb 7, 2020 3:58 PM

May 2017
So thats how rikka see things ?! Doesnt look that chuuni to me lool

That first part was so funny , expecialy that mahou shoujo part with the power of love XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 22, 2020 12:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Reminded me how great the first season was, so it was actually very enjoyable for a 1h30 recap xD I still rate it 7/10 because it's only a recap but I loved it
Jul 5, 2021 11:00 AM

Jun 2020
That intro was so cool so they're at a wedding and they look so fittingly in a way that suits both of the two and that fight was breathtaking but Rikka was just dreaming, Oh an OP didn't expect one but it's good

The middle was just a whole recap of the first season with Rikka commentating the first bit and some parts at a latter time but I wish that she gives her thought to other times as well to bring something new to the table, Oh god that 2nd story scene I can't keep up with watching that but the result was sweet so I give it that

So in the end, they were all waiting for Yuuta as he convinces Rikka's relatives to let her live alone and he did aww that cute hug by Rikka when Yuuta finally came back how sweet, That really felt deja vu and so it seems they'll be living with each other now and that new character comes into the scene is a teaser for the second season.
Aug 1, 2022 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
First bit with the wedding was great, what's even funnier is that Rikka was dreaming instead of Yuuta.
Majority of the movie was a recap removing a lot of stuff from the series, mostly focusing on Rikka and Yuuta's relationship.
The ending sets up the new season perfectly with them moving in together.
I love how Yuuta explains how they couldn't and they ended up doing it anyway lol.

7/10, didn't add much other than setting up the sequel with a recap.
May 14, 2023 9:56 PM
Feb 2019
actually nothing new wtf
Oct 17, 2023 5:45 AM
May 2021
The first 12 mins of New content was really good. That fight was flashy af lol, Animation is top tier as always by kyoto studio!
Feb 25, 10:26 AM

Jul 2016
Yeah it's a recap and you should just watch Season 1 instead but to give credit where it's due, the freshly animated opening and ending scenes were pretty awesome.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! movie based in Rikka's mind.

BlueReel - Mar 9, 2014

0 by BlueReel »»
Mar 9, 2014 2:08 PM

» Chuunibyou movie lite?

JPthugnificent - Feb 25, 2014

6 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 2014 6:22 AM

» Blu-ray ?

GREVARiA - Feb 1, 2014

1 by ByronFlint »»
Feb 8, 2014 2:38 PM

» Full Trailer

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

8 by Always-Hungry »»
Oct 16, 2013 8:13 AM

» Preview

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

15 by Stark700 »»
Sep 16, 2013 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.