Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2007 6:02 AM

Jul 2007
I really like the ending x3 and I'm happy it turned out well with Chihiro and Renji at the end <3 Even though I thought they won't be together after episode 11 x3
I loved the scene where Renji searched for Chihiro's memories ^_^
And the changed opening was also great x3
Dec 29, 2007 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
Wow. I was waiting and waiting for the subbed, since for some reason I couldn't find a raw version that loaded, but I'm glad the subbed one came out. <333 The OP was on youtube for, like, a week or so before it got subbed, and it taunted me so. DDD>

But... wow~ <3 Such a sweet ending. A bit cheesy with them all saying that "dream" stuff, but still a lovely ending. The bit with Yuko was a neat touch too. The whole scene with Chihiro being released from the chains was well done. Myako brought a little bit of a laugh when she talks to Hirono about him eating breakfast at dinner time and such. Renji's search for all of the pages was just... wow. <3333

Best Episode. End of Story. <3
I am mongeesubs. If you can time/typeset and want to help sub Youkai Watch, let me know~
Dec 29, 2007 7:16 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
Jes said:
1. eve
2. upon a time
3. paradox
4. honestly
5. outline
6. rain
7. I...
8. clear colour
9. forget me not
10.I'm here
11.ever forever
12.love
dream (coda)

first letters from episode titles = euphoric field. win.

Very nice catch!

Faust721 said:
A very nice catch, I like ef even more now.

For some strange reason there was something in me preventing from putting Ef in my top 5, even after watching this during the credits, there was just something... I dont know what it was, but after reading the above quote i was like, oh gawd stuff it Ef freiken masterpiece in everyway. There's probably other nice things like the above i missed while watching Ef. Gotta re-watch it someday.

10/10. Masterpiece. And now my 3rd fav anime of all time officially.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2007 7:37 AM

Jun 2007
This series was amazing from start to finish. I couldn't ask for something more colorful as this. I'm glad they went with the Chihiro managed to remember Renji ending. I guess the "mess up " I pointed out last episode wasn't really a mess up at all XD. Then ending was perfect. Everyone got a happy one. I'm still a bit confused about Chihiro's guardian and the other girl though. I'm guessing she was dead and he was alive. From what I gather she died in that city that was destroyed and he didn't or did but didn't cross over because he had unfinished business to handle. It would be nice if someone that played the game could elaborate on it.

Also heres my update relationship chat along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.
DeathfireDDec 29, 2007 1:53 PM
Dec 29, 2007 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
Every now and then an anime series appears out of no way and becomes an instant hit and that is exactly what ef - A Tale of Memories is. This finally episode just confirmed the greatness of this anime series and I'm sad to see it end but atleast it left me feeling satisfied. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2007 9:13 AM

Apr 2007
Well, the show was so good that I tried to write a review for it. I haven't written one in a while, and I think I may have let my emotions take the best of me while trying to write about it. But oh well.
Dec 29, 2007 10:11 AM

Jul 2007
Great ending. Not much more to say really :P.
As for the anime itself, it was great artistically, the characters were all pretty nice, the plot was great. Easy 9/10 from me.
Dec 29, 2007 10:54 AM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:

Also heres my update relationship char along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.

Thanks. It just wouldn't feel the same without your ef relationship charts
Dec 29, 2007 11:12 AM
Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

Also heres my update relationship char along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.

I believe you missed the fact that Himura and Kuze are friends. At least, I assume they're friends from the way Kuze talks about Himura.
Dec 29, 2007 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
New breach of my Top Ten list. And aside from 5 centimeters per second and Higurashi, best anime of 2007.

That being said, though I wasn't disappointed with the ending I was a little disappointed with how they concentrated on certain themes in the end and left others out. (Namely, when each character talked about how they would approach life from now on). Though perhaps it's just my over-analysis making something out of nothing again and adding in unintended themes.
Dec 29, 2007 11:14 AM

Apr 2007
I don't think they even knew each other. Kuze spoke about Himura from what Renji told him, I think.
Dec 29, 2007 11:17 AM
Nov 2007
Well, I believe I remember in the episode where Renji brought Chihiro home and she met his mom and Kuze, Kuze mentioned that he was Himura's friend when walking Chihiro home. I could be wrong, though.
Dec 29, 2007 11:59 AM
Aug 2007
WOw...spectacular ending... I luved how at the end all 3 couples were standing there saying stuff about dreams and goals. A good inspiration to ppl who watch this show. There are such things as Miracles ^_^ definately one of the greatest romance anime hehe
Dec 29, 2007 1:14 PM

Aug 2007
Wow so many reviews suddenly popped up...

And to think a lot of people dropped this show because of the first couple of episodes. Just goes to show that good things come to those who wait xD

Edit: Who is the troll who voted 1? Sheesh...
PimpToadDec 29, 2007 1:23 PM
Dec 29, 2007 1:43 PM

Jun 2007
Kurisu86 said:
DeathfireD said:

I believe you missed the fact that Himura and Kuze are friends. At least, I assume they're friends from the way Kuze talks about Himura.

That sounds about right, I just updated that last chart to show that they're friends and also removed something else I forgot to remove. Sorry about that mixup.

@MajorAddiction - thanks, I enjoyed doing it. I'll be doing it for Kimi-kiss now.
DeathfireDDec 29, 2007 1:51 PM
Dec 29, 2007 1:54 PM

Oct 2007
AngelLily said:
Well, the show was so good that I tried to write a review for it. I haven't written one in a while, and I think I may have let my emotions take the best of me while trying to write about it. But oh well.

I'm quite used to writing reviews and I think my one did this captivating show justice. ^_^
Dec 29, 2007 6:27 PM

Jun 2007
Animation changed in the Op!!! xD i was being all distracted watching it and then i saw the changes and i had to go back and see it again hahaha i was not sure i had seen than right lol.
Anyway! That was a very nice and sweet ending. I kinda didnt hate Kei at the end so yay!
Everyone was happy in the end :D even the moody dude in the church! (forgot his name) He got to meet the person he was waiting for <3 awww's!

Dec 30, 2007 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing how this show came out of nowhere to become probably the best anime of the season. But the last episode had the feeling of Myself; Yourself, it seemed the climax of the plot didn't happen in the last episode, which in my opinion give a new and unique view at how anime should run story plots through multiple episodes.

Dec 30, 2007 12:50 AM

Jun 2007
OMG... such an awesome ending existed!!!

the art, the music, the character development, the cuteness of miyako!!!! all of them were magnificent throughout the whole season!

i totally knew that chihiro was going to remember renji, but it was still really nice to see them get back together. renji collecting chihiro's memory was... uhh... cute?

the ending was awesome. and i gotta say that yuko in the school uniform is... cute.

i seriously need to get the game, and wait for the translations. since the game OP looks so... awesome

this is a must see anime!!! really, awesome!!!
masterpiece, or in nagato's words, "unique"
Dec 30, 2007 4:43 AM

Oct 2007
Simple Amazing :P

Everything's already been said !!!
Dec 30, 2007 8:41 AM

Jun 2007
I loved this last episode, I thought it was amazing. I cried for Renji and Chihiro's relationship, and then cried some more after realising that everything was working out for everyone......... For me, this anime is 10/10!
Dec 30, 2007 9:22 AM

Oct 2007
Absolutely gorgeous. This series is a work of art. I completely cried at the end when Renji struggled so hard for Chihiro. It wasn't just tearing up either. So much for masculinity, lol. This is definitely one of my favorites, now.
Dec 30, 2007 9:24 AM

Apr 2007
Manly tears, Aegis. Manly tears XD
Dec 30, 2007 10:44 AM
Jun 2007
Such a great episode!
5 out of 5: Loved it!
Dec 30, 2007 10:55 PM

Oct 2007
pretty much i started watching this last episode crying because of episode 11, and my tears didnt stop pretty much the whole episode... cause at the end i ended up crying out of happiness.

this show was just fantastic. chihiro and renji are probably the most amazing couple ever D= they made this show fantastic. and pretty much made me cry too much for my own good.

i just have to give this show a 10/10 for moving me as much as it did <3 it was fantastic.
Dec 31, 2007 11:01 PM
Oct 2007
10/10.

Nothing less.
Jan 1, 2008 10:54 AM

Jul 2007
Geez i have to rewatch this... Since i saw ep 2- 6 semi drunk and hell tired i was confused many times... Can some1 tell me though what Yuko supposed to be and why she was helping them?
Jan 1, 2008 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
Yuko was like a messanger, I'm not sure of or if there was any religious imagery behind it however it fits a sort of trans-generation theme. One learning from the mistakes of their elders or listening to wisdom, basically giving an optomistic viewpoint of the future all in the progress of developing hopes and dreams. I hope that makes sense D;
Jan 2, 2008 7:08 AM
Dec 2007
I'm guessing she's supposed to be the answer to their prayers. The ones who keeps their dreams alive. She always showed up when they were lost or ready to give in.

I've got to say, while I'm not a huge fan of Hiro or Miyako (Seriously, they are both dumbasses of the highest quality, especially Hiro), Renji and Chihiro's storyline was what hooked me from beggining to end. If I may dare say it, the story is easily about them. The other relationships seemed more like distractions, while this two were the Knight and princess fighting against their so called-determined fate. I could only bring myself to care about Renji and Chihiro, and a little about Kei-chan. Aside from that, they did a fantastic job expressing a lot of the emotion and themes through the animation itself, rather than words.

Jan 6, 2008 2:32 PM

Aug 2007
As everyone else have said, this anime is a true work of art.
Great ending, everything was done perfectly.
Jan 9, 2008 6:41 AM

Nov 2007
Late finishing it, but it was end was just fucking awesome. No other way to put it. Its on my Favorite anime list now.
\
Jan 9, 2008 8:57 AM
Sep 2007
chihiro remembering made me cry x.x

as everything that could be said, has been said, i'll make it simple
10/10 ... even if it should probably be over 9000...
definitely declared pure win, and one of my favorites
Jan 16, 2008 2:53 AM

Apr 2007
One word, Masterpiece
10/10
This series is probably one of the best romantic drama I've seen. Loved how things turned out for each character's relationship, Kei is not so hated too, in the end.
Just great, awesome series.
Jan 17, 2008 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
I wasn't able to connect with the characters so well (in fact each one annoyed the hell out of me at some point in the series) but when they came together with the godly animation and fantastic story I must say, ef became one of the best =D

10/10 for sure, and I might even rewatch it in the future *_*
Jan 19, 2008 10:44 AM

Oct 2007
I liked the ending. The only thing that bothers me is why does Chihiro and Kei only talk to each other by text message. Does Kei still feel really bad about the accident? Does Chihiro not want to face her sister? How does Manga Guy feel about this?

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 19, 2008 11:22 AM
Dec 2007
lilgumba said:
I liked the ending. The only thing that bothers me is why does Chihiro and Kei only talk to each other by text message. Does Kei still feel really bad about the accident? Does Chihiro not want to face her sister? How does Manga Guy feel about this?
I think "manga guy" is so shallow that he totally forgot about Chihiro (the same way he would ditch Kei if she wasn't so pushy). As for Kei, she feels guilty. Plus there's the fact Chihiro forgets everything, so I'm pretty sure Kei feels their conversations can last longer if they are written. That way Chihiro can read them later to refresh the memory, and Kei would also avoid seeing her personally and breaking down from the guilt. I still don't know why Renji never attempted to meet Kei though (or the other way around).

Feb 3, 2008 5:11 PM

Oct 2006
Well, I was forced to stop watching this show @ episode 6. At that time, the show was good, but it was not as good as people keep telling me it was, since a few days back.
I was pretty skeptic so I decided to see for myself, and thus I've been doing so for the past 2 hours...
Even though I could sense it coming at the end of episode 8, this totaly went over my expectations. Episode 10 & 12 were just superb, outstanding, fantastic and whatever adjectives you wanna put in. And everything from episode 9 till the end was top.
I'm surprised SHAFT actually pulled something like this out of the hat. Kudos!
Feb 10, 2008 12:20 PM

Oct 2007
Bravo, This series wins the extremely rare 8/10 rating from me.
MettyMar 19, 2008 6:14 PM
Feb 12, 2008 6:07 PM
Nov 2007
I loved the ending.. i heard someone say it and id have to agree the pacing of the story was a little off.. What also ruined the impact that the story would have made on me is the "50 first dates" movie with adam sandler... i would have liked it more if id only watched this series first. But i still think its an awesome anime
Feb 14, 2008 2:22 PM

Sep 2007
I just finished watching all the 12 eps. in a row, there were so many moments were I were close to BAAAAAAAWing ;_; the ending had done the rest...

10/10

Feb 15, 2008 8:21 AM

Sep 2007
definitely a very good ending that's my impression on this anime :D

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Feb 16, 2008 8:53 PM
Oct 2007
Masterpiece.
Feb 17, 2008 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
Such a great endind. The meeting of Chihiro and Renji at the train station, almost made me cry. I knew she wouldn't be able to forget him! =P
Overall, this anime pure brilliant. I haven't watched something so good and beautiful for a while. It gets an obvious 10/10.
Feb 29, 2008 3:13 PM

Feb 2008
One of the best anime I ve ever seen!!!!!!!
10 out of 10!!!
However, I found the ending kina childish, everyone started saying: I found this, I found that, color, dream... - DUH!
:)))) Nevertheless, I love this anime and the ending!
Mar 3, 2008 6:20 AM
Mar 2008
EF was pretty sweet, and ya...kinda childish end ^^'
Mar 4, 2008 6:49 PM

Feb 2008
Thankful for the happy ending, it would of been tough for me otherwise.
Mar 5, 2008 10:14 PM

Feb 2008
Watched all 12 in a row too =D
I was originally drawn to it because im dating a twin haha. Iim a bit greatful our relationship isn't as confusing as theres though =)

Great artwork, entertaining and passionate voice work, just a fantastic show, very easily recommended
Mar 19, 2008 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
Well I just finished watching this tonight and I must say it is one of my favorites. I had the tears start flowing in ep. 11 and they were pretty consistent until Chihiro told Renji it was impossible for her to not think about him within 13 hours (well there were still tears, but tears of joy).

I was absolutely overjoyed when they embraced and Chihiro's chains broke. The rest of the ending was good as well but I wish we could have had just a little bit more time with Chihiro and Renji... But that is just me being greedy.
Mar 22, 2008 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
Well, all are stated in this topic. But just one question though: When Chihiro's chains broke, does it mean that she was healed from 13hours memory sickness? Since the chains represents the 13hours of memory, aiyt?

All in all, I love this anime! It's really a masterpiece. I've never though I'll put another fave anime in my list. Since I'm not someone who puts top 10 of anime. I'll just put the anime in my fave if it really amazes me. And this show is really one of it! This deserves a 10/9.. Haha!

Everytime I watch this, (although I'm not dramatic that I'll cry; I've never cried in an anime except in Elfen Lied where I didn't expect the tears to suddenly flow in my eyes, although I never felt like crying; it's just the tears suddenly flowed in my eyes.. I wonder what's wrong with this. haha!) I'll just have the same expression in my mind. "WOW!"

I hope every anime is like this. Thank you SHAFT for the great job!
Apr 6, 2008 10:31 PM

Apr 2007
The ending was everything I expected and more. This series was absolutely amazing and definitely worthy of a spot as one of the best anime to come out of 2007. It's one I will definitely rewatch again in the near future to pick up details I may have missed.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Dec 4, 2007

185 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.