Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2007 4:23 PM

Feb 2007
hmm things with this Euphoric Field are getting messed up, some facts here I know for sure:

for the anime... wow. SHAFT did it and made something wich is equal to what kyotoani makes and maybe somewhere even better. I was rooting for this anime even before it was aired and it did meet all of my expectations.
Lets see what the next anime will be made by SHAFT, I might make a listdesign for it and root for it from the start again ^__^

wow.. took 20 minutes to write a comment.. fearsome..

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Dec 28, 2007 4:23 PM

Aug 2007
Actually nnl encoded the entire thing in 1280x960 in H264, beyond godly btw. I was watching it and wow...they must have spent a lot of money making that considering its the OP for a VN...

for Uber godly version...
http://shana.imouto.org/nnl/ef%20-%20a%20fairly%20tale%20of%20the%20two%20HD%20Op%20%5Bnnl%5D.mkv

for version that kicks youtube's ass (flash video sucks!!!)
http://www.stage6.com/user/iijimad/video/1088295/ef---a-fairy-tale-of-the-two-/demo

Dec 28, 2007 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
Thanks for the links!
Dec 28, 2007 4:26 PM

Apr 2007
Awww PimpToad you made my post useless ;o;
Dec 28, 2007 4:30 PM

Aug 2007
Talon said:

- Yuukyuu no tsubasa (non-remixed) without lyrics was also played at the middle of episode 12 and the preview episode of the anime had a piano version of this song in it.

wow.. took 20 minutes to write a comment.. fearsome..

Care to be more specific as to what part it plays on? In my ears, I heard the violin/piano part playing numerous times (might be going crazy btw). The discussion is whether it was Euphoric Field or Yuukyuu (not typing that long thing again). It sounds like it was Euphoric then going to Yuukyuu as the violin piece ends.

Edit:
Bah your fault for posting Youtube stuff =P
Flash video is a sin when it comes to quality xD

Dec 28, 2007 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome ending :D

Dec 28, 2007 4:51 PM

Feb 2007
A very awesome ending. I didn't think everything would turn out so well!

All in all, a very wonderful show. I really should have watched this when it first aired, instead of going through the first 10 episodes in 2 days. SHAFT have produced two outstanding shows this year (SZS and ef), both very different and unique, which fits with their style. An easy 10/10, and it will replace BGC 2040 on my Top 5.
BlueYoshiDec 28, 2007 5:04 PM
Dec 28, 2007 4:55 PM

Aug 2007
great ending, but im kinda disappointed that it ended already :\.
Dec 28, 2007 5:02 PM

Jul 2007
This was absolutely wonderful. I don't see any other way that it could have ended so well. I'm so happy everything worked out in the end. The scene when everyone was on the roof speaking about their dreams and such was so great. It's sad to see one of the greatest series out there end. This is definetly in my top 5! Also the change in the OP was great. Good to know no one is alone in the end.

Aug 2007
BlueYoshi said:
A very awesome ending. I didn't think everything would turn out so well!

All in all, a very wonderful show. I really should have watched this when it first aired, instead of going through the first 10 episodes in 2 days. SHAFT have produced two outstanding shows this year, both very different and unique, which fits with their style. An easy 10/10, and it will replace BGC 2040 on my Top 5.

Actually better to watch anime that way, then you don't have to wait that painful week for the next episode to air =P

Jul 2007
i liked the ending and the whole series too
even though sometimes it got really corny...

and thanks for the links both of you!

uhm just a little question though:
what was that with the two meeting in the church in the end... always thought she was a ghost or something similar...

can somebody explain please?

Dec 28, 2007 5:07 PM

Feb 2007
PimpToad said:
Actually better to watch anime that way, then you don't have to wait that painful week for the next episode to air =P

I was late to the party. I wanted to suffer with the rest of you. And also it's because I wish I started this show earlier instead of watching Blue Drop first. :(
Dec 28, 2007 5:19 PM

Jun 2007
Very good ending, though I actually kind of hoped they would tell us more about Yuko. I guess we'll have to wait until after the second tale. Which will be in 2008.. So the anime, probably, sometime in 2009, or so.

It's definitely one of the most beautiful anime I have seen. :) So it will be now the second favorite of mine. :)
Dec 28, 2007 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
This was beautiful to no end T_T

Dec 28, 2007 5:40 PM
Sep 2007
My one gripe about the series is Renji. The Raki (from Claymore) seiyuu annoyed me to no end, especially since both were naive and seemingly hopeless. The character design just irritated me though I have no problems with the plot. If it weren't for that, I'd give it a 10/10, but even so, I'd say it's the best show of the season.
Dec 28, 2007 5:43 PM

Nov 2007
I didn't really liked the Renji x Chihiro story at first, but the series managed to make me change my mind. Enjoyed this episode a lot. Most of what I can say has been said already, so there.

Great anime series.
Dec 28, 2007 6:04 PM

Jun 2007
love love desu
i love it
will love it
just great god ending still dont like director guy(he can blind for all i care)
but just awesome
Put your wishes into the memories you do not want to forget. XD
Dec 28, 2007 7:35 PM

Nov 2007
Rainulf said:
Jes said:
I loved the ending and i loved the show~
10/10.

1. eve
2. upon a time
3. paradox
4. honestly
5. outline
6. rain
7. I...
8. clear colour
9. forget me not
10.I'm here
11.ever forever
12.love
dream (coda)

first letters from episode titles = euphoric field. win.

YEAH!!! I noticed that as well.

So basically, EF stands for Euphoric Field

Oh wow interesting...

That was great, so touching, awesome end! T_T
ShigeyamaDec 28, 2007 7:39 PM
Dec 28, 2007 8:27 PM

Oct 2007
10xxxxx/10

awesome ending,
in such rare times of good endings, i'm feeling a bit disappointed, because i dont see it again the next time... hopefully not..
Dec 28, 2007 9:15 PM

Nov 2007
The story in this show wasn't amazingly original, but the way it was visualized was really impressive. The whole metaphor of Chihiro and the chains was really well thought out, and the countdown scene in an earlier episode is probably one of the most memorable in any anime.

I'm kind of surprised the ending was as happy as it turned out to be. A lot of shows like this have really bad endings. Tying up loose ends and giving all the characters closure can often be a little sappy, I think it played out well here. I wish more shows ended with everyone together and happy.
Dec 28, 2007 10:09 PM

Oct 2007
Great ending. For some reason, I found the discussion between Renji and Kuze to be very poignant. "What if the dream is something impossible?"

Looking forward to SHAFT's next anime.
Dec 28, 2007 10:21 PM
Cool Story Bro

Dec 2007
Ah, what a nice ending. I'm quite satisfied, this was one of the few anime's i've seen with a good ending. Overall I enjoyed the series very much =)
9/10 Excellent ^^
Dec 28, 2007 11:30 PM

Sep 2007
Best show of 2007 in my mind, without a doubt, and a great way to cap off my favourite year all-around. Here's to hoping 2008 delivers as well.
Dec 29, 2007 12:27 AM

Jul 2007
If nothing else, this show definitely had the best visuals, by far, this season. Even if you don't like the plot or characters, it would be worth watching for the art alone.
Dec 29, 2007 12:27 AM

Aug 2007
overfunk said:
I didn't really liked the Renji x Chihiro story at first, but the series managed to make me change my mind. Enjoyed this episode a lot. Most of what I can say has been said already, so there.

Great anime series.

Agreed. Great series, glad I decided to pick it up.
Dec 29, 2007 12:33 AM
Dec 2007
MajorAddiction said:
overfunk said:

Why you didn´t like Renji x Chihiro story? %)

Dec 29, 2007 2:13 AM

Nov 2007
Great series (10/10) The end was just perfect (happy for all characters :) )
Dec 29, 2007 2:27 AM

Oct 2007
I liked the ending, though I felt like she would remember him at the end or just forget about him. At least my happy prediction came true.

Dec 29, 2007 3:19 AM

Feb 2007
Faust721 said:
A very nice catch, I like ef even more now.

ahahha yeah, my thoughts exactly.
Dec 29, 2007 5:48 AM

Feb 2007
Wonderful ending! :) This just made it only the second series ever to get a 10 from me.

And I knew Renji would go and gather the lost pages. Thanks for not letting me down!
Dec 29, 2007 6:02 AM

Jul 2007
I really like the ending x3 and I'm happy it turned out well with Chihiro and Renji at the end <3 Even though I thought they won't be together after episode 11 x3
I loved the scene where Renji searched for Chihiro's memories ^_^
And the changed opening was also great x3
Dec 29, 2007 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
Wow. I was waiting and waiting for the subbed, since for some reason I couldn't find a raw version that loaded, but I'm glad the subbed one came out. <333 The OP was on youtube for, like, a week or so before it got subbed, and it taunted me so. DDD>

But... wow~ <3 Such a sweet ending. A bit cheesy with them all saying that "dream" stuff, but still a lovely ending. The bit with Yuko was a neat touch too. The whole scene with Chihiro being released from the chains was well done. Myako brought a little bit of a laugh when she talks to Hirono about him eating breakfast at dinner time and such. Renji's search for all of the pages was just... wow. <3333

Best Episode. End of Story. <3
I am mongeesubs. If you can time/typeset and want to help sub Youkai Watch, let me know~
Dec 29, 2007 7:16 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
Jes said:
1. eve
2. upon a time
3. paradox
4. honestly
5. outline
6. rain
7. I...
8. clear colour
9. forget me not
10.I'm here
11.ever forever
12.love
dream (coda)

first letters from episode titles = euphoric field. win.

Very nice catch!

Faust721 said:
A very nice catch, I like ef even more now.

For some strange reason there was something in me preventing from putting Ef in my top 5, even after watching this during the credits, there was just something... I dont know what it was, but after reading the above quote i was like, oh gawd stuff it Ef freiken masterpiece in everyway. There's probably other nice things like the above i missed while watching Ef. Gotta re-watch it someday.

10/10. Masterpiece. And now my 3rd fav anime of all time officially.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2007 7:37 AM

Jun 2007
This series was amazing from start to finish. I couldn't ask for something more colorful as this. I'm glad they went with the Chihiro managed to remember Renji ending. I guess the "mess up " I pointed out last episode wasn't really a mess up at all XD. Then ending was perfect. Everyone got a happy one. I'm still a bit confused about Chihiro's guardian and the other girl though. I'm guessing she was dead and he was alive. From what I gather she died in that city that was destroyed and he didn't or did but didn't cross over because he had unfinished business to handle. It would be nice if someone that played the game could elaborate on it.

Also heres my update relationship chat along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.
DeathfireDDec 29, 2007 1:53 PM
Dec 29, 2007 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
Every now and then an anime series appears out of no way and becomes an instant hit and that is exactly what ef - A Tale of Memories is. This finally episode just confirmed the greatness of this anime series and I'm sad to see it end but atleast it left me feeling satisfied. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2007 9:13 AM

Apr 2007
Well, the show was so good that I tried to write a review for it. I haven't written one in a while, and I think I may have let my emotions take the best of me while trying to write about it. But oh well.
Dec 29, 2007 10:11 AM

Jul 2007
Great ending. Not much more to say really :P.
As for the anime itself, it was great artistically, the characters were all pretty nice, the plot was great. Easy 9/10 from me.
Dec 29, 2007 10:54 AM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:

Also heres my update relationship char along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.

Thanks. It just wouldn't feel the same without your ef relationship charts
Dec 29, 2007 11:12 AM
Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

Also heres my update relationship char along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.

I believe you missed the fact that Himura and Kuze are friends. At least, I assume they're friends from the way Kuze talks about Himura.
Dec 29, 2007 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
New breach of my Top Ten list. And aside from 5 centimeters per second and Higurashi, best anime of 2007.

That being said, though I wasn't disappointed with the ending I was a little disappointed with how they concentrated on certain themes in the end and left others out. (Namely, when each character talked about how they would approach life from now on). Though perhaps it's just my over-analysis making something out of nothing again and adding in unintended themes.
Dec 29, 2007 11:14 AM

Apr 2007
I don't think they even knew each other. Kuze spoke about Himura from what Renji told him, I think.
Dec 29, 2007 11:17 AM
Nov 2007
Well, I believe I remember in the episode where Renji brought Chihiro home and she met his mom and Kuze, Kuze mentioned that he was Himura's friend when walking Chihiro home. I could be wrong, though.
Dec 29, 2007 11:59 AM
Aug 2007
WOw...spectacular ending... I luved how at the end all 3 couples were standing there saying stuff about dreams and goals. A good inspiration to ppl who watch this show. There are such things as Miracles ^_^ definately one of the greatest romance anime hehe
Dec 29, 2007 1:14 PM

Aug 2007
Wow so many reviews suddenly popped up...

And to think a lot of people dropped this show because of the first couple of episodes. Just goes to show that good things come to those who wait xD

Edit: Who is the troll who voted 1? Sheesh...
PimpToadDec 29, 2007 1:23 PM
Dec 29, 2007 1:43 PM

Jun 2007
Kurisu86 said:
DeathfireD said:

I believe you missed the fact that Himura and Kuze are friends. At least, I assume they're friends from the way Kuze talks about Himura.

That sounds about right, I just updated that last chart to show that they're friends and also removed something else I forgot to remove. Sorry about that mixup.

@MajorAddiction - thanks, I enjoyed doing it. I'll be doing it for Kimi-kiss now.
DeathfireDDec 29, 2007 1:51 PM
Dec 29, 2007 1:54 PM

Oct 2007
AngelLily said:
Well, the show was so good that I tried to write a review for it. I haven't written one in a while, and I think I may have let my emotions take the best of me while trying to write about it. But oh well.

I'm quite used to writing reviews and I think my one did this captivating show justice. ^_^
Dec 29, 2007 6:27 PM

Jun 2007
Animation changed in the Op!!! xD i was being all distracted watching it and then i saw the changes and i had to go back and see it again hahaha i was not sure i had seen than right lol.
Anyway! That was a very nice and sweet ending. I kinda didnt hate Kei at the end so yay!
Everyone was happy in the end :D even the moody dude in the church! (forgot his name) He got to meet the person he was waiting for <3 awww's!

Dec 30, 2007 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing how this show came out of nowhere to become probably the best anime of the season. But the last episode had the feeling of Myself; Yourself, it seemed the climax of the plot didn't happen in the last episode, which in my opinion give a new and unique view at how anime should run story plots through multiple episodes.

Dec 30, 2007 12:50 AM

Jun 2007
OMG... such an awesome ending existed!!!

the art, the music, the character development, the cuteness of miyako!!!! all of them were magnificent throughout the whole season!

i totally knew that chihiro was going to remember renji, but it was still really nice to see them get back together. renji collecting chihiro's memory was... uhh... cute?

the ending was awesome. and i gotta say that yuko in the school uniform is... cute.

i seriously need to get the game, and wait for the translations. since the game OP looks so... awesome

this is a must see anime!!! really, awesome!!!
masterpiece, or in nagato's words, "unique"
Dec 30, 2007 4:43 AM

Oct 2007
Simple Amazing :P

Everything's already been said !!!
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Dec 4, 2007

185 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.