MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» ef: A Tale of Memories. »» ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (14) -4 -3 [-2] -1 0 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

443 85.52%
4 out of 5: Liked it

59 11.39%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 2.12%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.39%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.58%
Voters: 518

12-29-07, 6:02 AM

I really like the ending x3 and I'm happy it turned out well with Chihiro and Renji at the end <3 Even though I thought they won't be together after episode 11 x3
I loved the scene where Renji searched for Chihiro's memories ^_^
And the changed opening was also great x3

12-29-07, 6:56 AM

Wow. I was waiting and waiting for the subbed, since for some reason I couldn't find a raw version that loaded, but I'm glad the subbed one came out. <333 The OP was on youtube for, like, a week or so before it got subbed, and it taunted me so. DDD>

But... wow~ <3 Such a sweet ending. A bit cheesy with them all saying that "dream" stuff, but still a lovely ending. The bit with Yuko was a neat touch too. The whole scene with Chihiro being released from the chains was well done. Myako brought a little bit of a laugh when she talks to Hirono about him eating breakfast at dinner time and such. Renji's search for all of the pages was just... wow. <3333

Best Episode. End of Story. <3

12-29-07, 7:16 AM

cyruz said:
Jes said:
1. eve
2. upon a time
3. paradox
4. honestly
5. outline
6. rain
7. I...
8. clear colour
9. forget me not
10.I'm here
11.ever forever
12.love
dream (coda)

first letters from episode titles = euphoric field. win.

Very nice catch!

Faust721 said:
A very nice catch, I like ef even more now.

For some strange reason there was something in me preventing from putting Ef in my top 5, even after watching this during the credits, there was just something... I dont know what it was, but after reading the above quote i was like, oh gawd stuff it Ef freiken masterpiece in everyway. There's probably other nice things like the above i missed while watching Ef. Gotta re-watch it someday.

10/10. Masterpiece. And now my 3rd fav anime of all time officially.

12-29-07, 7:37 AM

This series was amazing from start to finish. I couldn't ask for something more colorful as this. I'm glad they went with the Chihiro managed to remember Renji ending. I guess the "mess up " I pointed out last episode wasn't really a mess up at all XD. Then ending was perfect. Everyone got a happy one. I'm still a bit confused about Chihiro's guardian and the other girl though. I'm guessing she was dead and he was alive. From what I gather she died in that city that was destroyed and he didn't or did but didn't cross over because he had unfinished business to handle. It would be nice if someone that played the game could elaborate on it.

Also heres my update relationship chat along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.
Modified by DeathfireD, 12-29-07, 1:53 PM

12-29-07, 8:17 AM

Every now and then an anime series appears out of no way and becomes an instant hit and that is exactly what ef - A Tale of Memories is. This finally episode just confirmed the greatness of this anime series and I'm sad to see it end but atleast it left me feeling satisfied. ^_^

12-29-07, 9:13 AM

Well, the show was so good that I tried to write a review for it. I haven't written one in a while, and I think I may have let my emotions take the best of me while trying to write about it. But oh well.

12-29-07, 10:11 AM

Great ending. Not much more to say really :P.
As for the anime itself, it was great artistically, the characters were all pretty nice, the plot was great. Easy 9/10 from me.

12-29-07, 10:54 AM

DeathfireD said:

Also heres my update relationship char along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.

Thanks. It just wouldn't feel the same without your ef relationship charts
My avatar is from Minami-ke. I get asked all the time >_>

12-29-07, 11:12 AM

DeathfireD said:

Also heres my update relationship char along with every single one I've made. The list goes in order from oldest to most current. So the first image is from one of the first episodes and the last is from this episode.

I believe you missed the fact that Himura and Kuze are friends. At least, I assume they're friends from the way Kuze talks about Himura.

12-29-07, 11:14 AM

New breach of my Top Ten list. And aside from 5 centimeters per second and Higurashi, best anime of 2007.

That being said, though I wasn't disappointed with the ending I was a little disappointed with how they concentrated on certain themes in the end and left others out. (Namely, when each character talked about how they would approach life from now on). Though perhaps it's just my over-analysis making something out of nothing again and adding in unintended themes.

12-29-07, 11:14 AM

I don't think they even knew each other. Kuze spoke about Himura from what Renji told him, I think.

12-29-07, 11:17 AM

Well, I believe I remember in the episode where Renji brought Chihiro home and she met his mom and Kuze, Kuze mentioned that he was Himura's friend when walking Chihiro home. I could be wrong, though.

12-29-07, 11:59 AM

WOw...spectacular ending... I luved how at the end all 3 couples were standing there saying stuff about dreams and goals. A good inspiration to ppl who watch this show. There are such things as Miracles ^_^ definately one of the greatest romance anime hehe

12-29-07, 1:14 PM

Wow so many reviews suddenly popped up...

And to think a lot of people dropped this show because of the first couple of episodes. Just goes to show that good things come to those who wait xD

Edit: Who is the troll who voted 1? Sheesh...
Modified by PimpToad, 12-29-07, 1:23 PM

Nayuki_Love Scanlations, bringing bishojos to a manga near you!

12-29-07, 1:43 PM

Kurisu86 said:
DeathfireD said:

I believe you missed the fact that Himura and Kuze are friends. At least, I assume they're friends from the way Kuze talks about Himura.

That sounds about right, I just updated that last chart to show that they're friends and also removed something else I forgot to remove. Sorry about that mixup.

@MajorAddiction - thanks, I enjoyed doing it. I'll be doing it for Kimi-kiss now.
Modified by DeathfireD, 12-29-07, 1:51 PM

12-29-07, 1:54 PM

AngelLily said:
Well, the show was so good that I tried to write a review for it. I haven't written one in a while, and I think I may have let my emotions take the best of me while trying to write about it. But oh well.

I'm quite used to writing reviews and I think my one did this captivating show justice. ^_^

12-29-07, 6:27 PM

Animation changed in the Op!!! xD i was being all distracted watching it and then i saw the changes and i had to go back and see it again hahaha i was not sure i had seen than right lol.
Anyway! That was a very nice and sweet ending. I kinda didnt hate Kei at the end so yay!
Everyone was happy in the end :D even the moody dude in the church! (forgot his name) He got to meet the person he was waiting for <3 awww's!

12-30-07, 12:00 AM

Amazing how this show came out of nowhere to become probably the best anime of the season. But the last episode had the feeling of Myself; Yourself, it seemed the climax of the plot didn't happen in the last episode, which in my opinion give a new and unique view at how anime should run story plots through multiple episodes.

12-30-07, 12:50 AM

OMG... such an awesome ending existed!!!

the art, the music, the character development, the cuteness of miyako!!!! all of them were magnificent throughout the whole season!

i totally knew that chihiro was going to remember renji, but it was still really nice to see them get back together. renji collecting chihiro's memory was... uhh... cute?

the ending was awesome. and i gotta say that yuko in the school uniform is... cute.

i seriously need to get the game, and wait for the translations. since the game OP looks so... awesome

this is a must see anime!!! really, awesome!!!
masterpiece, or in nagato's words, "unique"

12-30-07, 4:43 AM

Simple Amazing :P

Everything's already been said !!!

Pages (14) -4 -3 [-2] -1 0 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices