MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» ef: A Tale of Memories. »» ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (15) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

447 85.47%
4 out of 5: Liked it

59 11.28%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 2.29%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.38%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.57%
Voters: 523

12-28-07, 3:52 PM

A very nice catch, I like ef even more now.

12-28-07, 3:56 PM

Future animes will have a tough time trying to surpass this ending...(I'm looking at you Clannad, don't let me down!) To me, everything about this episode just flowed so well...

First we get treated to the Japanese version of Euphoric Field accompanied by a new OP animation, then to different instrumental versions of Yuukyuu No Tsubasa throughout the episode, then we get a TV-edit version of the whole song for the ending! Tenmon is god...

We get some nice closure to the tale of Chihiro/Renji, I'm kinda irked that it lasted longer than the HiroHiro/MiyaMiya tale though xD

The epilogue was even done to my satisfaction! We got some HiroHiro/MiyaMiya screen time, some Renji/Chihiro, then the hinted Kei/Kyosuke budding relationship! Every main character got the ending that they deserve, plus the Yuuko/Himura reunion presumably to garner interest in the game. Everything that should have gone right did, major props to SHAFT!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this fairy tale of the two...I hope those who watched this feels the same way I do.

To those who may hate on this anime for whatever reason, remember that the whole premise is based off of a fairy tale. If you don't know what a fairy tale means, go grab a dictionary or something.

Edit:
Was hoping the 'd' would be a special ova episode on the DVD or something. Shame it wasn't, but its still good:-)

Nayuki_Love Scanlations, bringing bishojos to a manga near you!

12-28-07, 3:58 PM

Would never have seen that one. The ending felt a little empty near the middle, but picked up the end when she couldn't forget about him. Glad it ended like this, and not with some retarded cop-out (*myself;yourself). Congratz Shaft, amazing series. I hope they do an ova that tells us what happens after.

12-28-07, 3:58 PM

I actually believed them to be instrumental versions of Euphoric Field. I could be wrong though.

12-28-07, 4:05 PM

I'm pretty sure its Yuukyuu no Tsubasa...Euphoric Field isn't accompanied by a violin solo. Listen at around 13:15, thats definitely Yuukyuu no Tsubasa.

Edit:
Ah screw it I'm confused now...
It does sound like Euphoric Field...
Modified by PimpToad, 12-28-07, 4:08 PM

12-28-07, 4:06 PM

You're right. I think I was just thinking on Euphoric Field because the new OP amazed me XD

EDIT: Actually watching it again, it's a mix of Euphoric Field AND Yuukyuu no Tsubasa. Listen closely to the moment Renji starts picking up the pages.

Just makes it all the more amazing, doesn't it? XD

You know what? We NEED the OST.
Modified by AngelLily, 12-28-07, 4:10 PM

12-28-07, 4:12 PM

Haha yeah you're right...its Euphoric Field until 13:15...

Its confusing since they are using the tracks from the full version of the song while we usually only get to listen to the TV-Edits.

Still not sure though...you are right that its Euphoric Field...but I'm hearing some Yuukyuu No Tsubasa too...then again tenmon did compose both pieces...ahhh:S

12-28-07, 4:13 PM

They did it on purpose. To mess with our heads.

12-28-07, 4:16 PM

If the violin solo would have continued, it would have went to Yuukyuu no Tsubasa...pretty clever of them o-O

Fact that we are discussing about the music used in the episode shows how godly it is =P

Ah and in case anyone is interested, here is the link to the ef demo provided to you by the good people at No Name Losers!

http://nnl1.com/ef/

Edit:
Yuukyuu no Tsubasa is one of my favourite songs =P
Was hoping it would be the op for the series, but I'll settle for it being the ed of the final episode =P
Modified by PimpToad, 12-28-07, 4:20 PM

12-28-07, 4:19 PM

Since we're on the subject, if no one watched, here's the godly game OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTboXojFvs

I was so mesmerized by this OP that's what made me interested in ef a long time before the anime was announced. ^^
Modified by AngelLily, 12-28-07, 4:27 PM

12-28-07, 4:23 PM

hmm things with this Euphoric Field are getting messed up, some facts here I know for sure:

for the anime... wow. SHAFT did it and made something wich is equal to what kyotoani makes and maybe somewhere even better. I was rooting for this anime even before it was aired and it did meet all of my expectations.
Lets see what the next anime will be made by SHAFT, I might make a listdesign for it and root for it from the start again ^__^

wow.. took 20 minutes to write a comment.. fearsome..

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

12-28-07, 4:23 PM

Actually nnl encoded the entire thing in 1280x960 in H264, beyond godly btw. I was watching it and wow...they must have spent a lot of money making that considering its the OP for a VN...

for Uber godly version...
http://shana.imouto.org/nnl/ef%20-%20a%20fairly%20tale%20of%20the%20two%20HD%20Op%20%5Bnnl%5D.mkv

for version that kicks youtube's ass (flash video sucks!!!)
http://www.stage6.com/user/iijimad/video/1088295/ef---a-fairy-tale-of-the-two-/demo

12-28-07, 4:25 PM

Thanks for the links!

12-28-07, 4:26 PM

Awww PimpToad you made my post useless ;o;

12-28-07, 4:30 PM

Talon said:

- Yuukyuu no tsubasa (non-remixed) without lyrics was also played at the middle of episode 12 and the preview episode of the anime had a piano version of this song in it.

wow.. took 20 minutes to write a comment.. fearsome..

Care to be more specific as to what part it plays on? In my ears, I heard the violin/piano part playing numerous times (might be going crazy btw). The discussion is whether it was Euphoric Field or Yuukyuu (not typing that long thing again). It sounds like it was Euphoric then going to Yuukyuu as the violin piece ends.

Edit:
Bah your fault for posting Youtube stuff =P
Flash video is a sin when it comes to quality xD

12-28-07, 4:42 PM

Awesome ending :D

12-28-07, 4:51 PM

A very awesome ending. I didn't think everything would turn out so well!

All in all, a very wonderful show. I really should have watched this when it first aired, instead of going through the first 10 episodes in 2 days. SHAFT have produced two outstanding shows this year (SZS and ef), both very different and unique, which fits with their style. An easy 10/10, and it will replace BGC 2040 on my Top 5.
Modified by BlueYoshi, 12-28-07, 5:04 PM

12-28-07, 4:55 PM

great ending, but im kinda disappointed that it ended already :\.

12-28-07, 5:02 PM

This was absolutely wonderful. I don't see any other way that it could have ended so well. I'm so happy everything worked out in the end. The scene when everyone was on the roof speaking about their dreams and such was so great. It's sad to see one of the greatest series out there end. This is definetly in my top 5! Also the change in the OP was great. Good to know no one is alone in the end.

12-28-07, 5:02 PM

BlueYoshi said:
A very awesome ending. I didn't think everything would turn out so well!

All in all, a very wonderful show. I really should have watched this when it first aired, instead of going through the first 10 episodes in 2 days. SHAFT have produced two outstanding shows this year, both very different and unique, which fits with their style. An easy 10/10, and it will replace BGC 2040 on my Top 5.

Actually better to watch anime that way, then you don't have to wait that painful week for the next episode to air =P

Pages (15) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices