Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 30, 2009 10:10 AM
May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All I can say it it is a helluva cliff hanger ending. The episode announces that Aoki is going to fight Imae for the title, Takamura is going to defend the title, Itagaki is going to enter the rookie tournament and Ippo's next title defense. It even shows a picture of Shimabukuro. I hope season 3 comes out soon and with the way the episode plays out, the next season will probably rush to the fight and not emphasize that Shimabukuro is a cardio machine
Jun 30, 2009 4:13 PM
Apr 2008
gonna shock a lot of people by saying this from the off. I actually liked this episode

I thought a lot of stuff in this episode was handled surprisingly well, if the director had done more of an approach like this throughout then things could have been a lot different, some material was cut however which annoyed me, but overall it was a good episode IMO, and i'm glad the director finally figured out how to do a montage the right way. This episode was also very rushed in parts, which i hope wont effect the build up, i hope none of that gets rushed through or cut out because i enjoyed this fight a lot in the manga and the parralels between ippo and the opponent is a nice touch as well as humerous, so hope none of that is rushed through and handled well.

This season as a whole however have just been one big disapointment, it was jsut extremely lacking, overdone, or just terrible in many areas, the music was very VERY in the wrong anime and just bad, the direction was shit for the most part, ruining fights like hawk v taka, this season could have been up there with the original hajime no ippo anime and the two OVA's if the old team was assembled, unfortunately it just had the misfortune of coming out during the wrong time, hopefully nishimura and tsuneo will be back for the next season, if not then i don't know whether i will watch.

Overall i score new challenger a 6/10
this episode 4/5
Jun 30, 2009 5:07 PM

Jun 2007
I honestly don't know what to think. I really liked this season except for the last two episodes of the Takamura/Hawk fight, which were kind of whiffs. I'm going to leave it blank and come back to it later.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jun 30, 2009 6:21 PM
May 2007
the original hajime no ippo anime and the two OVA's if the old team was assembled, unfortunately it just had the misfortune of coming out during the wrong time, hopefully nishimura and tsuneo will be back for the next season, if not then i don't know whether i will watch.

instead, nishimura and tsuneo want to work on the "duke nukem forever of anime"
Jun 30, 2009 6:32 PM

Jun 2007
ParaParaJMo said:
instead, nishimura and tsuneo want to work on the "duke nukem forever of anime"

But y'know, Duke nukem Forever ended up pretty epic.
Jul 1, 2009 4:08 AM
Apr 2008
lmao at both of you guys, any game whre you used the control to pick your nose and wiggle your ears is 10/10 material

honestly though trigun needs to jsut hurry the fuck up or just get the news already that it's been cancelled, at this point i wouldn't even care as it would be best for ippo. Also didn't nishimura state awhile back that he would have liked to do another series of ippo too? cmon man where the hell are you when your chance is here!
Jul 1, 2009 8:12 AM
May 2007
well trigun was announced as far back as 2005 and i dont see it yet. anyone remember the trigun game that wasupposed to come out on xbox in japan?
Jul 2, 2009 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
I loved and wanna more. The delay in the fight of Takamura discouragement me a little, but the promise of these struggles I have reanimate, so I eagerly await the continuation, Aoki will be fighting a joke =x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2009 10:28 PM

Jul 2008
i liked this ep dempsey roll bout to b beastly and damn miyata cold!!!!!!!!!! but 1 match i really want to see Aoki's title fight o well cant wait for new series^^ 5/5
Jul 3, 2009 5:06 AM

Jul 2008
Waiting the next season hoping it will be good. This episode was good in that it was reminiscent of the Ippo's training as seen a lot in the first season. 9/10 for the series.
Jul 3, 2009 6:52 AM

May 2008
this episode was a return to what made the first season so great. Cameos (be it minor) by almost all supporting charcters, a strong drive forward, and excellent pacing. My overall thoughts of this season are conflicted. Firstly, it was more like this show was Hajime no Everyone else but Ippo. I think Ippo's total fighting time would consist of two episodes at best (Though this does reflect his declined drive upon reaching champion). Also the pacing leading up Takamura's title fight was snail speed. But I still had fun... and this last episode really gave me a lot of hope for a third season to be amazing.

BTW, has a third season even been announced yet, or is this still speculation?
Jul 3, 2009 7:01 AM

May 2007
i hope it doesnt take to long for next season, can't wait to see more love it hope they announce it what they gonna do cuz if its gonna take to long I will read the manga
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Jul 3, 2009 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
It was a great season overall. 9/10

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 3, 2009 9:02 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome episode.

This season was definitely not as good as the first season but it was still enjoying.

can't wait for the next season.

oh and I hope to see mashiba again -_-
Jul 3, 2009 9:31 AM
Sep 2007
9/10 But they have to pull out something super epic, to ever reach the first season of Ippo, and it can't be a 26 episode season.
Hi
Jul 3, 2009 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
This was a good episode, but since I just don't understand the thought that the New Challenger is Miyata even though we've seen so little of him (not to mention that lame comparison that Kamogawa was trying to make with Ippos) is totally ridiculous to me. I don't understand why they would have decided to have this episode as it is.

3/5

As for the show...I want to give it a 6 for at least throwing me a bone in Miyata at the end, but it's just not justifiable, especially with the talk of "leveling up'' the Dempsey Roll, instead of maybe adding a new move. Too many things went wrong to rise above mediocrity to me. But at least the next season will have more Miyata.
Jul 3, 2009 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode . Well, I think this was the best way to end this season.
Jul 3, 2009 1:38 PM

Apr 2009
well i dont know wht u think but this episode was something to remind us the training days before ippo become champion so... imo this last episode pumped me up to the skies
i gave this season and the previous a 10/10 although there were some "mistakes " like takamura VS hawk it was a bit rushed either way i hope next season wont take whole years to come out ... if anyone has any info about it plz pm
Jul 3, 2009 4:46 PM
Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
This was a good episode, but since I just don't understand the thought that the New Challenger is Miyata even though we've seen so little of him (not to mention that lame comparison that Kamogawa was trying to make with Ippos) is totally ridiculous to me. I don't understand why they would have decided to have this episode as it is.

3/5

As for the show...I want to give it a 6 for at least throwing me a bone in Miyata at the end, but it's just not justifiable, especially with the talk of "leveling up'' the Dempsey Roll, instead of maybe adding a new move. Too many things went wrong to rise above mediocrity to me. But at least the next season will have more Miyata.

the new challenger isnt miyata. it is ippo he isnt going to be defending anymore he is going to be challenging stronger better fighters so he can get stronger at least thats what the coach said he said they aint going to be deffending they are going to be the challengers
Jul 3, 2009 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
I found that comparison with Ippo to be lame...as I said before. He's taking up this new attitude so that he can eventually face Miyata. I just think it was too late in the show to explain the title.
Jul 4, 2009 1:41 AM

Oct 2008
Great ending best anime this season but it is not better than the first season, i missed the real romance with kumi chan and damn where was mashiba o well i give this anime a
9/10
Jul 4, 2009 12:11 PM
May 2007
Well, Mashiba will be back in 2 story arcs later, though he won't be fighting, but he will play a big part.

I relaly love to see how the anime will handle
Jul 4, 2009 1:03 PM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:

3/5

This anime is based on BOXING. You don't just magically invent a new moves every time your signature move has a flaw against the other opponent. You polish/improve your move/boxing style. I have to admit "leveling up" was a lame way of putting it but that's what it basically is.
Jul 4, 2009 8:13 PM

Aug 2008
So there are no moves to add that could counter a counter? Is adding to your repertoire unheard of in boxing?
Jul 5, 2009 6:33 AM

Mar 2008
Horrible season, only the match against Hawk was worth watching.
Jul 6, 2009 6:01 AM
Apr 2009
noteDhero said:
So there are no moves to add that could counter a counter? Is adding to your repertoire unheard of in boxing?

I don't agree. In most of these type of anime's, they stick with signature moves..

It's lame to say he should forget his signature move that isn't even half perfect yet, and make a new one. It's already hard enough to have one, let stand more.

EVERY character has ONE signature move in the serie [Maybe exception of a few]. Why not perfect it and polish it a bit more? I'm pretty sure there's some easy way to make it less predictable, so why start over and learn a whole new move. Miyata as well focuses ONLY on his counter. You didn't complain when his counter got beaten for example by the alligator guy. He still found a way to beat it. Miyata ''leveled up'' his counter soooo many times.

[Btw, a counter is also not really a move. Its just predicting your opponents way of attacking, and hitting before he does. So ANY move IMO could probably be countered somehow]

I wish for more Miyata as well, fo sho. Although I wouldn't rate it down for that since its basically about ippo. But I agree, those two are rivals and should be shown.

Although Miyata had as much or more fights than ippo. Although yes, not very much shown.

I rate this a 9/10 I guess. But since I'm such a fan, I put 10/10 on my list
Jul 6, 2009 9:09 AM
May 2007
noteDhero said:

just wait until the
fight
Jul 6, 2009 9:26 AM

Jun 2007
I believe you can counter a counter-counter-counter if need be, but just adding counters gets ridiculous after a certain point.
Jul 6, 2009 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
@Ssjbryando
You answered the question. Miyata's signature is a counter which relies on him studying his opponent and learning how to specifically take them down. Ippo's is a move with a very specific weakness, and rather than try to exploit one of Miyata's weakness, or come up with a plan of attack, they just decide to level it up (which is something Miyata anticipates anyways). I don't think it's smart, nor do I think he should ditch the move since, in my memory, Miyata is only guy with a counter as a signature.

"Adding" to your moves list is different from "ditching" the move for something else.

@Tori
lol
Jul 6, 2009 9:24 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
@Ssjbryando
You answered the question. Miyata's signature is a counter which relies on him studying his opponent and learning how to specifically take them down. Ippo's is a move with a very specific weakness, and rather than try to exploit one of Miyata's weakness, or come up with a plan of attack, they just decide to level it up (which is something Miyata anticipates anyways). I don't think it's smart, nor do I think he should ditch the move since, in my memory, Miyata is only guy with a counter as a signature.

"Adding" to your moves list is different from "ditching" the move for something else.

@Tori
lol

First of all, miyata's counter doesn't really rely on him doing research on his opponent, because it is impossible to anticipate, much less counter anyone just from watching tapes. His counter relies on his concentration, speed, quickness, and balls.

Second, please tell me what are these weaknesses Miyata has that Ippo can effectively exploit. We know Miyata is fragile, tires easily, and has weak punches, but Ippo knew that already. But right now, the matchup is just so unfair.

Third, Ippo is not fighting against Miyata right now. So the strengthening up the demspey roll is smart, so that when they fight, it can handle someone like Miyata and anyone else who might try to counter it (remember anyone can use a counter if they know what punch is coming, see Miyata's OPBF fight as a resource). You can't just leave your sunday punch vulnerable - that's your sunday punch! That's your ace - it's like you let Kobe take the last shot blindfolded. Just better to leave him off the floor.

Fourth, you don't really add moves in boxing - there's the jab, straight, hook, and upper. That's it. The sunday punches we see are just variations that utilize the boxer's abilities. And all of Ippo's punches are already deadly, he just needs to work more on his defense - precisely why the demspey roll was invented in the first place.

Lastly, there's no single punch that can counter all counters.
fisher_88Jul 6, 2009 9:29 PM
Jul 6, 2009 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
My mistake for using the word research. But it still stands that Miyata's counter depends on "learning how to specifically take [a boxer] down." Tell me if I'm wrong, but during the episode did Miyata not state that the weakness of the Dempsy Roll is that it is a very specific pattern that, like a pendulum, can be stopped once you catch the speeed? That's why I think just speeding up the move is a bad idea. I'm not going to pretend like Miyata doesn't have those weaknesses that you stated, and since this is Hajime no Ippo I totally anticipate that Miyata would lose against Ippo. I just mean for the sake of a "bite your nails" fight, just leveling up the Dempsey Roll is a little lame.

Well if you don't add moves, then that's just something I don't know. I don't claim to be a fan of boxing, but as far as this show goes, when I see moves like Flicker jabs, Dempsey Rolls, and Heartbreakers (whatever Date's move was called), I just assume that, for the sake of the show, Ippo could add something to his command list.
Jul 6, 2009 11:33 PM

Jun 2009
I just wanted to say that Miyata has to get someone's timing down before he counters - just like in his match with gregory. But if what you meant was that dempsey roll is easy to counter, I'd agree.

Still, it's Ippo's sunday punch, he can't abandon it. And as I said, levelling up means making it effective against anyone, even counter punchers. Why do you think that speeding it up would be bad? I mean, do you even know how Miyata is going to counter the dempsey roll? And do you think speeding it up would affect how it's countered? Remember no one knew how ippo was gonna beat vorg until it was shown. And no one anticipates Miyata losing, ever.

noteDhero said:
I just assume that, for the sake of the show, Ippo could add something to his command list.

Remember arnie gregory? That's what's gonna happen to ippo's new move, except that miyata would crush it much sooner.

Also, this is not shonen. You don't just add moves in boxing. I mean, the majority of the people in ippo only have 1 sunday punch, and takamura has none. Plus, it would be ridiculous to think that learning punches automatically makes you a better boxer.
fisher_88Jul 6, 2009 11:45 PM
Jul 7, 2009 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
I never said that Ippo should abandon it. I was talking about "adding" not "ditching." I think you keep forgetting that. I mean that speeding it up as an only defense against Miyata is a bad idea. I could care less about the other people he's going to face, since I know he'll win probably without any pressing effort.

My guess is that Miyata counters the Dempsey Roll by getting the timing of the punches and striking between them, when he's at the center of his wide swaying. Since he already anticipates Ippo's speeding up the Dempsey Roll, I don't see how it will be such a problem when they get into the ring, but that's totally up to how the fight is executed.

I see what you're saying with Gregory, but just speeding up the same move that he already has a handle on just doesn't seem like enough against Miyata. Then again, Ippo could probably just not use the move at all.

But this is shounen. That's why I've made the point that I have. I haven't read the manga, but when I see Takamura and Hawk with shadow clones, glowing red and green eyes, and all of these other things, I can't help but feel like there's a lot of shounen tossed on top of the boxing to make it more entertaining.
Jul 7, 2009 12:49 PM

May 2009
Good ending to a good anime.

Overall I enjoyed it. It wasn't great and I enjoyed the first series better, but it was still good.

7/10
Jul 7, 2009 12:49 PM

Jun 2009
What I was saying with the other people is that if Miyata can counter the demspey roll, so can other people. Remember when I said that another can come up with a counter to a punch they know what's coming.

noteDhero said:
My guess is that Miyata counters the Dempsey Roll by getting the timing of the punches and striking between them, when he's at the center of his wide swaying. Since he already anticipates Ippo's speeding up the Dempsey Roll, I don't see how it will be such a problem when they get into the ring, but that's totally up to how the fight is executed.

Why didn't sendo or sanada try this same tactic? Anyone can find the timing to such a simple left-right motion. All I'm saying is that there are other reasons why the dempsey roll is so devastating. Granted miyata can overcome those advantages. And how can miyata anticipate ippo's improvements? And what are the effects of speeding up the dempsey roll? (hint: it's just not making it faster). You're right in that speeding up the move is not enough against Miyata, but as I have been saying, ippo is not just fighting against miyata.

I agree with the shounen comment, but that was just tossed on top like you said. It's not as if a better dempsey roll can automatically defeat miyata.
Jul 7, 2009 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
My point is that Miyata is the only boxer on the show that depends on counters as his signature move, no? So of course Sendo or anyone else wouldn't use the same tactic because that's just not their style. That's why I find speeding up the Dempsey Roll to be lacking in a fight against Miyata and not other people. Because the only person I see fit to giving me an exciting fight against Ippo now is Miyata (until he goes for the world belt), since the history with both of their characters is there. Ippo's the main character, so no other bout is really going to make me feel like Ippo could lose.

Speeding up the Dempsey Roll makes it more devastating because the punches are coming a lot faster. Not only that but I assume that the strength that he gains in his lower body and core to go faster also means having harder punches. But again, if Miyata anticipates all of this to happen, all he has to do is block/evade the first few in a fight to get a handle on the timing (this is one of his strengths, analyzing an opponent and keeping cool in a fight). But if he's not seeing the move until well into the match when his stamina starts to deplete, then it will be over before it begins.
Jul 7, 2009 1:27 PM

Jun 2009
C'mon, if people discover how to counter the dempsey roll, of course they would use it if they can. This is not a matter of style, it's common sense. They mentioned this in the episode as well. And believe me, there are other strong boxers besides miyata.

You're correct, speeding up the dempsey roll makes it more powerful. Remember this is not a strategy specific to Miyata, but for his next fight.

You're also correct, that his lower body would strengthen, and this is a bulding block to having a better demspey roll.

Miyata can't anticipate what Ippo will improve on, that's ridiculous.
fisher_88Jul 7, 2009 1:49 PM
Jul 7, 2009 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
I understand that there are strong boxers besides Miyata, but because this show is about Ippo, the only person who stands a chance in beating him for the belt (as slim as it is) is Miyata. None of the other boxers matter.

Didn't Miyata say at the end of the episode that he expected Ippo to use a faster Dempsey Roll?

Honestly, I don't remember what's happened in the past with the move since it's been 2 years since I saw the first show, and Ippo only fought Nao in this one. But didn't Kamogawa (at the end of the episode) talk about how the Dempsey Roll is anathema to modern boxing, and that's why no one really uses it anymore?
Jul 7, 2009 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
Miyata is OPBF champ, he doesn't need Ippo's belt. And others matter because they all will be figuring out how to beat the dempsey roll. And even though you may not care about the other boxers, Ippo sure does, because he is the one who has to fight them. And it is ridiculous to think that Miyata is the only one who can beat Ippo - that's a huge shonen assumption right there.

Did he? I thought he said he'd expect Ippo would improve it.

Again - faster/more powerful for next fight, better legs for better dempsey, as kamogawa/ippo's response to modern boxing. Having a faster dempsey roll is not an anti-Miyata strategy!
fisher_88Jul 7, 2009 2:51 PM
Jul 7, 2009 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
He doesn't need Ippo's belt, but he wants a win against Ippo, and for right now, that means a shot at the belt, right?

I thought he did. Doesn't improving the move mean making it faster? I don't see how else it could be improved.

Well, that's true, making the Roll faster isn't an anti-Miyata strategy, but Ippo would have never thought to improve it had it not been for Kamogawa saying he wasn't a match for Miyata. The emphasis of this episode was on Miyata and Ippo, not Ippo's next fight.
Jul 7, 2009 3:01 PM

Jun 2009
What I meant was Miyata wouldn't be fighting Ippo for his belt, rather Ippo would be fighting for Miyata's belt.

That's what I have been saying all along - improving also means making it effective against anyone, including counter users. Having better legs is a foundation for that.

Kamogawa knew the weakness all along, don't you think he wouldn't improve it? Especially when his next opponent says 'I will destroy the dempsey roll'? Again, eventually everyone will figure out how to beat the dempsey roll, so sooner or later they would have to improve it. Figuring out how to beat opponents is also a trainer's job.
fisher_88Jul 7, 2009 3:08 PM
Jul 7, 2009 4:07 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
I understand that there are strong boxers besides Miyata, but because this show is about Ippo, the only person who stands a chance in beating him for the belt (as slim as it is) is Miyata. None of the other boxers matter.

Eiji Date would beg to differ. The fact is that Ippo has lost before and that means he could plausibly lose again.

And there are plenty of ways to improve on the Dempsey Roll aside from rotation speed. Ways that'll make it strong against counters. We'll be learning about that next season. Plus, there's the psychological impact that comes with successful execution of a move your opponent thinks is useless - if Miyata or any other boxer doesn't foresee the changes made to the Dempsey Roll, it can screw over their entire fight plan.
Jul 7, 2009 4:24 PM

Aug 2008
I think Date is the exception that proves the rule. Not to mention that at that point, Ippo needed a loss, and that Date overwhelmed him in experience. I'm not saying that Ippo won't lose, especially once he get's to the world stage, but that there has yet to be anyone with a story that rivals Ippo's to make me even consider it. Date had that story, Miyata has that story. I haven't seen anyone else.

Like I said, I don't pretend to know a lick about boxing, so I only see the most obvious way of improving the Dempsey Roll. I look forward to next season when we see the fruit of his labor.
Jul 7, 2009 6:20 PM

Jun 2009
^^ yeah you may see Ippo as very strong, and the story is obviously about him, but as a boxer, he's very vulnerable, that is why kamogawa made the comment about modern boxing. so he's definitely not as strong as you're making him out to be. even miyata is a lot more fragile than he may seem, especially since he's so stubborn, prideful, and easily provoked.
Jul 7, 2009 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
Oh no, I don't see Ippo as that strong either. Kamogawa hasn't done much to push him, just beat the basics in. Just like with Takamura. I say what I said because it's a shounen show, and one of those conventions is an overpowered, undertrained "loser" who beats everyone.

And I know Miyata is fragile, what with the glass jaw, and wanting to stay in a weight class that kills him just so he can face Ippo, but he's the only interesting character (besides pre-Ippo Date) that the show offers someone like me.
Jul 9, 2009 12:33 AM
Oct 2007
so, the counter plan Miyata was thinking of~ basically, Ricardo did the same thing right?
it seems he uses the beginning rotations to speed up his attack..
maybe with a stronger/faster lower body/core he wouldn't need to do the beginning rotations~ and basically start wailing on the guy with the first hit.

anyways, i loved the series.. sure it wasn't as good as the first one~ but, heck i still loved it..9/10 here.
Jul 9, 2009 4:07 PM

Apr 2007
This season was disappointing, especially when compared to how much I enjoyed the first.
There weren't that many interesting matches, the Takamura vs Hawk arc had a few bad/boring episodes, and the ending was ok. There was also a lack of my favorite character Sendou, but I already knew he wouldn't do much this season so that doesn't bother me. Hopefully the next season will be better. Score; 7/10.
Jul 9, 2009 10:18 PM
May 2007
well martinez is a god which is why he stopped the dempsey roll with jabs.

but countering the dempsey with an uppercut in the games on ps2 will kill you
Jul 13, 2009 7:08 AM
Dec 2007
Great last episode. That's for episodes such as these that I like HnI and that I watch it ! Can't wait for a third season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 17, 2009 12:50 AM
Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
Oh no, I don't see Ippo as that strong either. Kamogawa hasn't done much to push him, just beat the basics in. Just like with Takamura. I say what I said because it's a shounen show, and one of those conventions is an overpowered, undertrained "loser" who beats everyone.

And I know Miyata is fragile, what with the glass jaw, and wanting to stay in a weight class that kills him just so he can face Ippo, but he's the only interesting character (besides pre-Ippo Date) that the show offers someone like me.

Ippo is a type of boxer that the more he catches a punch, the more he become invulnerable. Like Hammer Nao cheated him using hand to remove his lower defense and attack with Solar Plexus Blow, Ippo sure was hurt from that blow, it was repeated many times, and Ippo became invulnerable, he opens his lower defense and absorb all Nao's Solar Plexus, no effect with Ippo. So I think if Miyata counters him repeatedly, Ippo will became invulnerable too. He will level up his Dempsey Roll that can absorb any counter (that will surprise Miyata that counter has no effect.) Its posible, why? Because Bloody Cross is a counter to a Counter Punch, but Miyata's Counter Punch countered Bloody Cross which can counter a Counter with his full body strength. If Ippo level up his Dempsey Roll with speed, power and can absorb counters, then the match is over. And remember, Ippo has his alternative attack, "Liver Blow and Gazelle Punch." Miyata is a weak boxer that only depends to his Counter Punch. We will see in the next season.

And I think something is missing in Ippo's move. Have you forgotten what Mamoru taught him in season 1? It is called Faint Attack, I don't see he uses that technique in this season. I think it is very useful if Faint Attack and Dempsey Roll combine, lol.

Gong, gong gong! Second out, The gong has rang, Ippo started his dempsey roll, it's not an ordinary Dempsey Roll that we seen in his last match. Incredible speed, I can't see which direction he is swinging. What? Miyata responds with a counter, and. . . . Whoa, the right counter missed, he miss calculate the direction of the Roll, Ippo connects with his left at Miyata's face, the Roll continuous left and right in Miyata's face, I can't count how many punches landed at Miyata's, he can't counter in this situation. But what? He tries to counter with a right. . . He missed again. . .

Do you get what I'm trying to say? Ippo can faint Dempsey Roll swings left, ofcourse right counter punch easily stops that, but the real direction is swinging right.
zidane02Jul 17, 2009 2:09 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 17, 2009

66 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

superjesus - Mar 9, 2009

64 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 21, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Apr 21, 2009

75 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 16, 2009

139 by DiomarBrasindo »»
Feb 1, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 10, 2009

55 by Meritas »»
Jan 21, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.