MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Must be a Club Member to Reply
Jul 14, 2012 1:41 AM

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria 5.

Oh, Daiya looks like such a Bishounen on the color illustrations.

Jul 20, 2012 5:15 AM

I have been reading Spice and Wolf and am currently waiting for the next volume of english translation to released for that series. So in the mean time i have been reading the Kieli series and am currently on book 3.

BTW: does anyone happen to know if the Kieli series is going to ever become an anime ?

Aug 15, 2012 4:42 AM

finally finish SAO and date a live, found a new series by kamiya yu (the illu of tenma usagi) call no game no life, just finish chapter 1 and looks promising the book and have to say it's one of the better new series that been publish this year
Modified by GarethXL, Aug 15, 2012 9:53 AM

Sep 23, 2012 5:17 AM

SAO Vol 10 last chapter...
Kagerou Days Vol 2

the coincidences that can happen in life *sigh*

Sep 25, 2012 10:27 AM

Just finished Book Girl and the Wayfarer's Lamentation. In one go. One of the best books I've ever read. Alas that I do not have the skills to adequately describe my feelings.

Sadly the next one isn't out yet, though I'm not yearning for it to anywhere near the extent as I did for this one upon finishing the fourth volume.
Weekly light novel release list (data back to 20th October 2014)
Monthly light novel sales rankings for 2015
Best selling Light Novel volumes of 2015/all time*.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Sep 28, 2012 4:25 AM

Black Bullet 4
Minutes 2
Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan 1

^Seriously didn't know this had a LN until the other day....

Oct 18, 2012 6:43 PM

Just finished Spice and Wolf 6. Great story! Nice relationship development! Can't wait for #7.

Dec 13, 2012 4:25 AM

just finish 9S 1~11

highly recommended to those who like hard sci-fi

Jan 9, 2013 1:34 PM

High School DxD vol: 11 Life: 2

Jan 9, 2013 9:10 PM

I'm up to date with Toaru Majutsu no Index and have started Fate/Zero.

Jan 23, 2013 2:59 AM

kuuderes_shadow said:
Just finished Book Girl and the Wayfarer's Lamentation. In one go. One of the best books I've ever read. Alas that I do not have the skills to adequately describe my feelings.

Sadly the next one isn't out yet, though I'm not yearning for it to anywhere near the extent as I did for this one upon finishing the fourth volume.

And devoured (ha!) Book Girl and the Undine Who Bore a Moonflower in one sitting too.
A wonderful series indeed.
Weekly light novel release list (data back to 20th October 2014)
Monthly light novel sales rankings for 2015
Best selling Light Novel volumes of 2015/all time*.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Jan 26, 2013 11:19 PM

Finished catching up with the new chapters of Index NT, heavy object, Rettousei, and SAO. Going to start reading Toshokan sensou! afyer that finish catching up with haruhi/spice and wolf!

Feb 12, 2013 7:08 AM

Reading Toaru Majutsu No Index Volume 7:-)

Feb 14, 2013 3:14 PM

I've been reading Spice and Wolf for a long time, it's my personal favorite. Gotta love dat Holo! Decided to skip volume 7 because I'm not interested in the side stories. Plus I think one of the best parts is not knowing what Holo is thinking, I don't want to read from her perspective. After getting into the novels I can't even look at the anime anymore. Seeing Holo not drawn by the mighty Juu Ayukara makes me want to puke.

Waiting for volume 6 of Usturo no Hako to get translated, It's sucks not being able to read japanese. I've started to like Daiya as the protagonist more than Hoshino since his Maria obsession. (What he did with Mogi's picture broke my heart) Also does anyone else want to play Kingdom Royale with their friends?

Recently read Tabi ni Deyou, Horobiyuku Sekai no Hate Made. It is a great read that sadly didn't do well enough to get past the first volume. I severely wish there was more D;

Just started volume 3 of Date A Live, so far I'm loving it. It's like it was made for me. 2 awesome Dandere's, a main girl who I actually like, and a super cute quasi tsundere imouto. I feel like I'm going to die from moe overload. Can't wait for the anime.
Modified by Pariah695, Feb 16, 2013 11:18 AM

Feb 27, 2013 6:32 AM

Almost finishing Vol. 2 of Suzumiya Haruhi.
Reading Vol. 5 of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.
Did read some chapters of E.G. Combat, Iriya no Sora and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.

Mar 24, 2013 5:49 PM

Suzumiya Haruhi Vol 8. :-)

Apr 29, 2013 3:27 PM

I've been reading the first slayers light novel ^^ I'm new to reading light novels, they're not as common as I'd like, I sure wish anime list would make it easier to search light novels rather than cramming them in with manga.
Modified by Bunnyfulwizard, Apr 29, 2013 3:41 PM

May 3, 2013 2:06 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I've been reading the Spice & Wolf L.N. online before I plan on buying them, so I can add them to my collection. The first L.N. that I read/own are the only 2 volumes of .hack//AI Buster, it was really great as well.

May 8, 2013 11:40 PM

I recently finished Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria 6. Favorite LN series of all time so far. Gekkou comes in for close second.

May 9, 2013 12:40 PM

Just finished Haruhi 8, and downloaded the first volume of the fan translation of Toshokan Sensou. Just finished the first school year of Japanese and am studying on my own so I can buy and read the last five volumes of Trinity Blood (curse you Tokyopop!), and last two novels of Fullmetal Alchemist. Also have a novel by Otsuichi entitled A Gun and Chocolate (not on MAL) in French that I hope to brush up on and understand, but that's not exactly a light novel.
Butterflies don't belong in nets.

May 19, 2013 2:12 AM

Planning on buying Date A Live by the end of the month and currently stuck on volume 4 of Highschool DxD. I never seem to have enough time to read it but with school ending soon I plan on reading up to at least volume 13.

Aug 8, 2013 8:07 AM

I'm currently reading Sword Art Online, OreImo and Spice and Wolf.

Sep 17, 2013 5:19 AM

Hello, there.

I just started to read "fushigi" toriatsukaimasu tsukumodou kottouten (also known in occident by the name of tsukumodou antique shop I think), currently at the second volume and planning to read the seven in one go.

Outside of that, I'm currently reading
- Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (3/15 read, planning to read the 4th right after finishing Tsukumodou kottouten)
- To aru Majutsu no Index New testament (7/8 read; I don't have the 8th right now so on hold)
- Magdala de nemure (3/4 read; I don't have the 4th right now so on hold)
- Rokka no Yuusha (3/4 read; I don't have the 4th right now so on hold)
- CubexCursedxCurious (14/17 read; I don't have the 15th right now so on hold)
- Baccano! (17/20 read, waiting for the 21th volume to be released before starting the 18th)
- Suzumiya Haruhi series (11/11 read, up to date for now)

The next series I'll start next month will be Beyond Another Darkness ( B.A.D.) as I have the first 6 volumes of this series which currently have 11 available.

So far Rokka no Yuusha is the most enjoyable, followed by Baccano! and Magdala de nemure.

Sep 17, 2013 10:59 AM

I'm currently reading:

• To aru Majutsu no Index: New Testament volume 8
  • Kino no Tabi volume 1 (managed to get a copy of Tokyopop's release for 1€, although it's really not in a good condition. But when a new copy is over 100€ and an used copy is over 38€ I'm not going to complain)
  • Zaregoto volume 5
  • Faust volume 2 (haven't read volume 1 yet because volume 2 arrived first; they are anthologies anyway and none of the stories in one volume continue in the other so it doesn't matter)
  • Bungaku Shoujo volume 7
  • Kieli volume 4

Once I'm done with them, I'm planning to read:

• More Kino no Tabi volumes
  • Zerozaki Soushiki no Ningen Shiken (already read the first 2 chapters, but my Japanese reading speed is really slow)
  • Heian Zankoku Monogatari and Toshokan Para Sect (although I only have available the first chapter for each as the publisher has made them available as a preview on its website)
  • Minikui Ahiru no Koi (same problem as Zerozaki Soushiki no Ningen Shiken)
The Light Novel Database
本はいつだって、読み終わるまでが最高に楽しい。
読み終わってしまったら、どんな傑作だって、
読み終わった瞬間だけは嬉しいけれど──ほとんど、何も残らない。
閉じてしまう、物語はそこで死ぬ。

Sep 28, 2013 11:45 PM

I just finished reading Sayonara Piano Sonata. Planning to start A Simple Monitoring for real soon.

Oct 13, 2013 8:02 AM

Priorities: Madan no Ou to Senki, Highschool DxD

Other that I'm reading: Zero no Tsukaima, 1/2 Prince(Chinese)

On Hold: Toaru Majutsu no Index

Plan to read: Ginsen no Valkyria to Fuumon no Hime, Thousand and Aegis, Hundred, Shinreki no Apocrypha, Kenkoku no Jungfrau, Burgund Haneiyuutan.

Oct 24, 2013 5:11 AM

well ive been reading manga for a long and change of tyle i guess ;]

i started reading SWORD ART ONLINE then Hakomori

and planning on reading other novels that fits my genre

forgot to add monogotari series ;]

Oct 28, 2013 1:12 AM

So since then I finished Tsukumodou Kottouten, as well as read the volume 1 to 6 volumes of B.A.D., read the 4th and 5th volume of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, as well as the volume 1 and 2 of Reinousha Minato.
B.A.D was almost as good so far as Tsukumodou Kottouten which was really good, and Reinousha Minato may be even better, so really entertaining read lately.

I just started reading Mondaijitachi ga isekai kara kuru sou desu yo volume 1.
Modified by Zefyris, Oct 28, 2013 1:16 AM

Nov 23, 2013 5:57 AM

Currently reading Chrome Shelled Regios.
Just finished volume 1. I'm liking it so far. Haven't seen the anime or manga.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen

Nov 23, 2013 9:06 PM

Still waiting for DxD 16 for finish translation and for volume 12 of Blade Dance to be out.

In the mean time I'm trying read Kenshin no Succed, Absolute Duo, Gakusen Toshi Asterik, Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Maou na Ore to Fushihime no Yubiwa.

I've read at least one chapter of each volume. Out of that the one that impress me the most is Kenshin no Succed due to the main heroine at least can be reasoned.

Nov 25, 2013 6:42 AM

I'm currently reading the first volume of the Case Files of All-Around Appraiser Q (Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo) as well as Himeiden (first volume of Nisio Isin's Densetsu series).

Also going to start reading All You Need Is Kill, the first Boogiepop novel, Mardock Scramble and the Soukyuu no Fafner novel in a few weeks.
The Light Novel Database
本はいつだって、読み終わるまでが最高に楽しい。
読み終わってしまったら、どんな傑作だって、
閉じてしまう、物語はそこで死ぬ。

Dec 26, 2013 10:38 AM

I finished mondaiji series vol 1 & 2, Ookami to Koushinryou vol 1 & 2, and Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon vol 1 to 4, Cube x Cursed x Curious volume 15 to 17, and Baccano vol 18 to 21.
Mondaiji was a disapointment. I'll give the series a second chance by reading up to the 5th volume, but I'm not expecting a lot from it.
Ookami to koushinryou was quite awesome. I already had a lot of expectation for that title, but the first two volumes were even above my expectations.
Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon was... Very long to read (well, duh.), and quite hard with all the specific vocabulary used and the variety of topics (economy, politics, strategy, japanese history, european history....) involved in each volume. But quite interesting to read anyway.
Cube x Cursed x Curious's end was nice. It didn't give all the answers that I wanted to know so not completely satisfied; but it is still satisfying all around nonetheless.
Baccano's 1935's arc is still not finished, but very promising so far. Huey's plan is ridiculous (in a good way). I felt like laughing like mad exactly like Fermet did when understanding his objective this time. wow. And so many characters involved, with surprising temporary alliances to boot.

Currently reading Rokka no Yuusha 4 (at long last!). As good as usual. Meaning, extremely good.
Next will be Magdala de Nemure 4. Considering the cliffhanger in the end of the 3rd volume, quite expecting from this one.

Dec 26, 2013 1:38 PM

I just started reading the third and last volume of "Sekai no Owari, Subarashiki Hibi Yori" and Otsuichi's mystery novel "A Gun and Chocolate".

The other two volumes of Sekai no Owari were pomising, so I'm looking forward to reading how the writer chose to end this post-apocalyptic story.

A Gun an Chocolate, on the other hand, is a bit disappointing so far. It's reading pretty tedious because the protagonist is about 11 and hardly uses Kanji.

Dec 28, 2013 10:13 AM

Finished Campione vol15 and it's my favorite volume so far. Godou has shown remarkable growth in terms of fighting and his relationship with his harem. And the plot with the KotE is proceeding nicely. Really wonder where it will go from here.

Finished Gakusen Toshi Asterisk vol3. That time limit definitely has to go as it's really annoying. And given that this is only the first of the 3 tournaments of this story, this may go for a long time. Okiura's art is still as awesome as always.

Started reading Baka to Test to Shokanjuu from volume 1. Didn't realize the anime kind of skipped around in covering stuff and covered quite a lot. It's a fast read since it's mostly dialogue banter of the characters. Sad that vol12 is the last volume after that last part in vol11. Knowing Yuuji, he can pull off a big comeback in this war.

Currently at volume 3 of Log Horizon. It kinda skips around on different people doing monologues so it's kinda hard to track who is currently speaking. But so far I'm enjoying it as much as the anime.

Finished volume 4 of Gin no Cross to Draculea. The epilogue was a huge twist. Sad as well that vol5 is the last volume.

Started Absolute Duo and it was pretty bad. The fights are uninteresting, the main female is so bland and the main male isn't that good as well. Still, I hate dropping stuff so I'll continue reading.

Gonna start reading No Game No Life and Gekka no Utahime to Magi no Ou soon.

Jan 4, 2014 5:50 PM

I'm currently reading the following:

1) Oda Nobuna no Yabou - I'm on the 5th volume now. It's quite interesting and is getting better, imo.

2) Date A Live - Just started. I loved Kurumi in the anime, so had to give this one a whirl.

3) OreImo - Kuroneko FTW. It's pretty entertaining and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

4) High School DxD - This one doesn't need an explanation, right? :P

5) Sword Art Online - Anime was really rushed. So, I decided to read it and to be frank, SAO's LN is way better than it's adaptation.

6) Infinite Stratos - I like this LN. Very enjoyable. Love all the girls but the MC is just...

7) Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance - Just started. I wonder what this one will be about...

8) Campione - Anime wasn't nearly enough. I'm loving Godou's harem. All the girls are attractive in their own way. Can't really hate any of them. That's just me though.

9) Toradora- Taiga. Tsundere FTW!!! Anime was pretty good and I wanted more. Just starting now.

Jan 18, 2014 11:39 PM

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. Currently waiting for the 7th volume. Not the 1st LN I read, but this was my gateway into LNs.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Currently waiting for the 13th volume. I don't really like bro-sis love but this one is an exception.

Chrome Shelled Regios. Just started reading.

so you think you can tell heaven from hell?
blue skies from pain?
can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
a smile from a veil?
do you think you can tell?
and did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
hot ashes for trees?
hot air for a cool breeze?
cold comfort for change?
and did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Jan 23, 2014 6:21 AM

Currently reading Minikui Ahiru no Koi by Akira. I'm really loving so far the main characters and the simple yet original setting. The end of the first volume was somewhat disappointing although it is thematically fitting and is quite indicative of what the tone of the next volumes will be. Going to continue with volume 2.

I'm also reading Zaregoto volume 7 and Do S Majo no xxx, as well as following the translation of To aru Majutsu no Index New Testament volume 9.

Edit (06/02/2011): Finished Minikui Ahiru no Koi. Volume 3 and 4 ended up being rather dark and were even painful at times to read. And then it concluded with the most beautiful, the ugliest, the most messed up, the purest, the kindest, the cruelest, the saddest, the happiest ending I've ever seen (contradictions and hyperboles fully intended). And despite it being completely unexpected, the end was actually foreshadowed through all the volumes and even in the characters' names and the series title. I also love how the author never contradicted his original setting and yet managed to give to his series this miraculous, fairy tale-like ending. While I was enjoying it from the start, this light novel became one of my favorites.

I intended to read Majo no Seitokaichou after that but I guess I will avoid reading another of Akira's wrks for a while as I am not sure my heart will be able to handle another ending like that so soon. I think I will read next either one of Nisio Isin's Ningen novels or one of Kawakami Minoru's CITY series, though knowing myself I will probably pick up something else on a whim and start reading it.
Modified by Mecasonic, Feb 6, 2014 10:48 AM
The Light Novel Database
本はいつだって、読み終わるまでが最高に楽しい。
読み終わってしまったら、どんな傑作だって、
閉じてしまう、物語はそこで死ぬ。

Mar 5, 2014 5:24 AM

the recent new titles were pretty underwhelming but here are some titles that i pick-up

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka
Clockwork Planet
Kisei Kanojo Sana
Valkyrie Works
Magika no Kenshi to Vasreus
Current Tale
Kuro no Hiera-Glaphicos
Yūsha gojo kumiai ~Kōryū-gata keijiban~ (lit: heroes support group ~social bulletin board~) (the original name for those who want to google: 勇者互助組合 交流型掲示板)

Jun 9, 2014 1:32 AM

last time I posted here was almost 6 months ago, huh...
So during that time, I mostly read volumes from series I already started before . Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon (from volume 4 to up to volume 11, that story is still as impressive as always), Reinousha Minato (vol 2->6, main character is awesome), Mondaiji series (vol2->5, volumes after the 2nd are far better imo), spice & wolf (2->17 (end), that was an extremely good LN), Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (5->15(end), the main plot was quite surprising and interesting, although the end is a bit disappointing imo), B.A.D. (vol 6->vol 11, unfortunately those volumes weren't as good as the first arc)...

Read toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku as well, which was a disappointment. Nothing to praise there.
Currently, I'm reading Denpa teki na Kanojo. Which is fairly entertaining. So far, I would say that its best characteristic is its character's personalities. Lots of freak and weird people in there, which gives interesting dialogues/humor. Plot is a bit too.. Bland to be memorable, although a certain scene with a baseball bat near the end of the first volume was really nice.
Modified by Zefyris, Jun 10, 2014 12:36 AM

Jun 16, 2014 7:28 PM

Current LNs that i have been reading so far :

- Toaru Majutsu no Index : New Testament : Now waiting for vol 11. The only series that i won't drop no matter what.

- Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria : Is there any news regarding vol 7 ?

- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei : After vol 7 it becomes really boring for me.

- Zaregoto : A superb series. I think this is the best work of Nisio Isin.

- Kamisu Reina Series : This is extremely good, too bad it's only 2 volumes.

- Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon : I have a hard time to finish even 1 volume (not because it's boring, it's more like i don't have enough free time to even finish 1 vol). A great Sci-fi LN.

- Heavy Object : I picked this one since i have a thing for Sci-fi LNs (and also because it's from Kamachi). Not as good as Kyousenjou but still interesting. I like the tactics of the 2 protagonists.

- Psycho Love Comedy : Well, this would be your average romcom series if not for the involvement of murderers and psychotic people in it. Quite entertaining so far.

There's more but i'm too lazy to write them all

Jun 17, 2014 8:33 AM

Currently reading 9S, a really addictive hard Sci-fi action series. The action scenes are breath taking with likable, well developed characters. I stumbled upon this title while searching for Hayama Tooru's other works. I was reading their other title: Reinousha Minato a while ago, it has the most charming protagonist I've seen. The case solving methods he uses is unbelievably refreshing.

Finished quite a number of series.
Zaregoto was a unique experience, especially towards the latter volumes and how the style of the story changes. "I" was a memorable MC.

Denpa teki na Kanojo was a fairly enjoyable series. Has a likable cast facing the insane psychopaths. Don't think we'll ever get any more volumes though.

Kure-nai on the other hand is a little disappointing. Starts out pretty well and I like the relationship between the two leads. It becomes a bland action focused series latter on. The 3rd arc was also never finished in the LNs.

Kieli is an amazing Sci-fi series. The ordinary stories works really well with the deserted planet setting. I love the bond between the trio, their interactions are always satisfying to read. The ending was a lot better than I expected.

Jun 17, 2014 11:53 AM

Alencia said:
Currently reading 9S, a really addictive hard Sci-fi action series. The action scenes are breath taking with likable, well developed characters. I stumbled upon this title while searching for Hayama Tooru's other works. I was reading their other title: Reinousha Minato a while ago, it has the most charming protagonist I've seen. The case solving methods he uses is unbelievably refreshing.

Aaah, it's nice to see you coming back with infos on 9S. I always wondered if I should take this one or not. I mean, Sci-fi, I like, and it's the author of Reinousha Minato..
I heard 9S is quite "chaotic" (as in, characters are often not behaving seriously and so on) though. Well, I'm reading Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon so it's not like I can say that sci-fi with crazy setting/characters is something I don't like~.
I don't know, really. Is it still running? i see 11 volumes and last one has been published quite a while ago~
Modified by Zefyris, Jun 17, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 17, 2014 7:23 PM

Zefyris said:
I heard 9S is quite "chaotic" (as in, characters are often not behaving seriously and so on) though. Well, I'm reading Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon so it's not like I can say that sci-fi with crazy setting/characters is something I don't like~.
I don't know, really. Is it still running? i see 11 volumes and last one has been published quite a while ago~

Surprisingly the character developments were better than I expected, the author also gave an amount of screen time to side characters. There are humor here and there to ease the tension though it never destroys the character's image. The most chaotic situation is the side story 9S SS but that's quite different from the serious main story, it's also really fun and enjoyable to read.
The Sci-fi setting is different from other series, it focuses on the accuracy and the details of the technologies. It's also more realistic as the "legacies" introduced are advanced modern technology.
I think 9S is still ongoing but the author is focusing writing Reinousha Minato. Can't blame them due to 9S's low popularity...
Personally I really like this series so far, the actions are breathtaking, satisfying character interactions and decent foreshadowing. I'd say 9S is worth picking up.

Jun 20, 2014 4:05 PM

Been a long time since I posted in this thread, so here are some light novels I've read since:

Heian Zankoku Monogatari was amazing, not that I expected anything else from Akira. I particularly love the way he used the small chapters (most are around 6-9 pages long) to switch between different kinds of stories (some heartwarming, others heart-wrenching, some grotesque and others hilarious) and I also love the way he used the first person PoV (which I won't explain in more details in order to not spoil).

Himitsu - Kuro no Chikai was good. It's a simple take on the "forbidden romance" story combined with a "angels vs demons" fantasy setting but it worked well for what it tried to achieve even if it was a bit predicable. Kinda wished the author didn't use the Vocaloid character's names for his characters though, it's kinda lazy even if I understand that's part of Vocaloid culture.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou was fun. I had already watched the anime back when it aired and while my memories of it aren't perfect I really don't remember that it had so many sci-fi elements. in it Not that I mind since it really contributes to my enjoyment of the novel (it also helps that this is a harem series that makes good use of its side characters, especially Hiroshi) though I'm kinda worried that it has become too meta and falls apart in the end. Looking forward to the last volume being translated.

Kagerou Daze was good. It felt much better paced and organized compared to the anime (except the first volume) and the character interactions were better as well.

Kamisu Reina was great. I really love the concept behind the titular character. Looking forward to the second volume.

Noushou Sakuretsu Girl was disappointing. I was expecting something much more crazier given the lyrics of the original song. Furthermore, despite being a survival game it's really uneventful and the characters are mostly one-note. I will probably read the second volume just in case it get better but I'm not expecting much from it.

Psyche was amazing. I love these kinds of novels where we can't tell what's just the main character hallucinating and what's actually happening and this one didn't fail to deliver.

Psycome was pretty disappointing. It wasn't much different than the usual school harem romance comedy and doesn't really do anything interesting with its premise. The characters are also really one-dimensional so I won't bother following this one.

Shuuen no Shiori is decent but the author really need to stop repeating the same scenes with the exact same descriptions and the exact same dialogue every chapter. And no, the changes between the different PoVs aren't enough to justify this much copy-paste.

Zerozaki Hitoshiki no Ningen Kankei: Zerozaki Soushiki to no Kankei was a pretty fun action volume. It's crazy how Nisio managed to put so many fights in a mere 176 pages volume and most of these fights were really interesting to see unfold. Zerozaki Hitoshiki no Ningen Kankei: Zaregoto-zukai to no Kankei was a good mystery story with hilarious commentary on the nature of mystery novels and on their authors. It was also nice to see again some characters from Zaregoto that weren't able to show up in the other Ningen novels.
The Light Novel Database
本はいつだって、読み終わるまでが最高に楽しい。
読み終わってしまったら、どんな傑作だって、
閉じてしまう、物語はそこで死ぬ。

Jun 21, 2014 3:24 PM
Manga Moderator
Currently, I'm trying to catch up to Psycome and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. I plan on resuming Accel World, Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu, Magdala de Nemure, and the Toaru series after finishing the above two.

"At last, the promise has been made."

Jun 22, 2014 1:56 AM

Right now I'm reading :

Black Bullet
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Hitsugi no Chaika
Omae wo Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore wo Riajuu ni Shitekure!
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

And I plan to read :

Hataraku Maou-sama!
Log Horizon
Date A Live
Shinmai Maou no Testament
Outbreak Company
No Game No Life

On hold :

Sword Art Online

Since I can't read japanese I have to wait for translations. However, I actually bought 2 volumes of OreGairu and Outbreak Company despite that... I'm slowly learning to read kanji... very slowly.
Modified by YumeNoMonogatari, Jun 22, 2014 2:07 AM

Jun 22, 2014 5:30 PM

Currently I am trying to catch up with Madan no Ou to Vanadis and I started Tsukumodo Antique Shop which looks quite promising so far.

Jun 24, 2014 7:15 PM

Reading Campione and NGNL right now. I was seriously fucking surprised at just how much better the Campione novel series was than the anime.

Bout to start Psycome and Gin no Cross.

Jun 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Currently.

Waiting for Madan No Ou To Vanadis to Update.
Waiting for Antimagic Academy to Update.
Waiting for No Game No Life to Update.

Waiting for Psycome to Begin Volume 4 Translations.

About to Begin The Zarashiki in the Intellectual Village.
About to Begin Hundred.

✽ Sexiest Sigs ►
╔═.♥.══════╗
P&N GOB
MT VIPB
MT OMB
MT OMC
ACE OMB
LCWS OMC
╚══════.♥.═╝

Jun 26, 2014 3:46 PM

Currently reading Anti magic academy