Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2009 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
Here's a thread to post summaries for whatever stories you might be working on at this time, to see if there's any interest in them and whatnot. Right now I'm working on four main ones, two novels and two short stories/novellas:

-Do You Love Me?- After much thinking, I've finally decided to give the novel a try. This will be in a style akin to authors like Mark Z. Danielewski (In House of Leaves and Only Revolutions) and Chuck Palahniuk. It's the story of a boy who one day meets a strange man that offers the boy whatever his heart desires. Plunging themselves into the main character's head and sifting through his memories and emotions until they finally come up with what his heart's desire is. But after seeing with eyes unclouded, how can the boy ever be the same? Like I said, it will be novel length and will be very stream of conciousness. The genre will be a blend of dark drama, horror, and romance so if you're into that stuff, you might want to look into this when I post it. I'll try to post it regularly by chapter but I can't promise anything on the whole regularity thing...

-Love and Kisses (X's and O's)- A story written as an oral history, like Chuck Palahniuk's Rant or World War Z, of a Typhoid Mary-esque character who is a carrier of a deadly disease and knows it. But hs still chooses to spread it anyway, even going through the trouble of recruiting more carriers and forming a gang to kill as many people as possible. It covers his life and death and the lives of all the people he's killed. It will be rather dark and rather strange.

-Bad People- This is one of the stories I'm using to 'branch out', if you can really call it that. This story is a comedy of errors about two young men who lose their jobs at a company and decide the best way to make money and extract vengeance on their boss, is to kidnap his daughter and hold her for ransom. Only one problem, the girl they kidnapped isn't their boss's daughter. Not only that, but there are several other twists along the way and our kidnappers find themselves in way over their head. As the immortal quote from the Way of the Gun says, 'The longest distance between two points is between a kidnapper and his money.' This will be a relatively dark comedy but a comedy nonetheless and it will also be quite long, so far it's actually looking like novel length.

-Cars and Scars (Tentatively Titled)- This is the life story of a teenager with a deathwish as it flashes before him during a car accident. He tells his stories of playing chicken, outrunning the cops, and trying to cheat death in general. That is, until he meets a girl who makes him see life in a different perspective, but it's already too late to save him. A very dark nihilistic story that revolves around cars, and the stupid games teenagers play with them.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 28, 2009 1:23 PM

Dec 2008
thanks for the new threads those were good ideas :)

~Signature made by Dea37s~

Night Academy I.D.
Jun 28, 2009 6:54 PM

Jul 2008
No problem.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» For Those Who Don't Believe in God (Part 3 posted)

FALLEN101 - Sep 14, 2009

6 by FALLEN101 »»
Nov 4, 2010 9:18 AM

» Practicing Roleplaying, Feedback is welcome.

BlackOperations - May 5, 2010

1 by BlackOperations »»
May 5, 2010 8:27 PM

» Gekokujou~

annabloem - Apr 8, 2010

1 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 6:33 PM

» Define 'Criminal' (3rd Chapter Up)

FALLEN101 - Feb 17, 2010

7 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 3:37 PM

» Member cards ( 1 2 )

BlazingDevil - Jul 19, 2009

87 by Kanra_Orihara »»
Apr 8, 2010 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.