MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» K-On! »» K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
View Poll Results: K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

260 59.36%
4 out of 5: Liked it

111 25.34%
3 out of 5: It was OK

42 9.59%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

15 3.42%
1 out of 5: Hated it

10 2.28%
Voters: 438

06-05-12, 1:04 AM

Cat scene was very cute. xD

06-05-12, 1:25 PM

Not the best episode to end the season, it was okay. Previous one was amazing on the other hand.

Now for the whole season.
The series imo started out a bit boring at first, but the characters grew on me, especially Azunyan, Mio and Yui. Yui was a bit too airheaded for my taste, but she was really cute most of the time. My favorite has to be Azunyan, she was talented, cute, caring and overall a nice person, and I really liked that she didn't brag with being better than Yui. She was also nice when she said that they shouldn't perform without Yui. Mio is a close second though, I often felt like she was the main character.
The others were all very fun as well, I really liked the relationship between Yui and Ui, they were cute together :) My only problem was with Sawako, she started nice and kind, but turned out to be rather annoying. Her whole character wasn't needed imo.
My problem with the series however, was that I felt like the main concept of making music together wasn't really the main thing we saw. It was more about the tea drinking and cake eating. I'm not saying it was bad, but it felt a bit repetitive after a while. They also reused some jokes a bit too much.
Other thing was the unnecessary drama between Mio and Ritsu. I think it was too forced.
The songs were not as good as the OP and ED :/

I hope the second season will make up for the mistakes this season had, I would really like to give a better score for the series. For now this season gets a 8/10 from me. Off to the OVA and second season!
Modified by RazielZero, 08-22-12, 1:46 AM

06-29-12, 11:42 PM

A very relaxing, slow-paced peek into the Keions lives. Wasn't too bad.

As for the anime overall I gotta say it's between a 7 or 8 out of 10. Say what you want about this series, but it's a well done SOL.
Check out my Seasonal rankings and my Blog where I Rank the series airing in summer 2012 and just talk about the series in general.

07-13-12, 4:54 PM

After slowpoke-ing it up and only just getting round to watching the series I have to say I really enjoyed it!

The ED is definitely a favourite and very very catchy!

It'd be nice to be able to squeeze the second series in before the subs come out for the film in a week!

07-17-12, 7:13 AM

This episode had a weird atmosphere to it. Everyone was a little down, but then there was Yui to bring them all together again. The "love letter" Ritsu thought she received were actually lyrics from Mio. xD

Overall a very relaxing and funny series. 8/10.

07-27-12, 2:07 AM

This episode was a really nice extra episode. Ritsu was flustered with the 'love lyrics' that Mio gave to her in the mail which she thought was a love letter LOL. Mio went to the seashore to think of new lyrics. Yui was just lazing around as usual. xD Tsumugi working part-time at a fast-food restaurant. Azusa was so cute when she was looking after Azunyan # 2 LOL <3 Loved it when they all got together towards the end of the episode.

Overall the series was a very enjoyable slice-of-life Anime. Very light and lively. The characters are unique in their own way. Yui is such an airhead but she's so damn lovable, very caring and all. Mio is the more mature one but I love the fact that she gets scared so easily. Ritsu's the tomboy that's usually the troublemaker, although she does have her serious moments haha. Love the fact that Tsumugi comes from a rich family and the way she treats the members with tea is so nice. Azusa is by far my favourite though. As soon as I saw her first appearance, I started loving K-ON! even more. xD She's so awesome and quite mature for her age. :D Azunyan ftw!

Giving K-ON! an 8/10 Time for Season 2 and eventually the movie. :D
Modified by lindsayzzz, 07-27-12, 2:37 AM

08-03-12, 10:24 PM

Pretty good episode. Most drama I've seen in this series yet, in my opinion.

08-15-12, 1:23 PM

game8910 said:
Someday in the Rain....K-ON version

Funny because I was thinking the exact same thing! Haha

But yes a very good bonus episode! Cool seeing each of them on their own. Favourite part was when Yui and Ritsu were putting their hands on each others' faces lol

08-20-12, 5:18 PM

Nice extra episode up to the specials and than the second season!

08-29-12, 5:42 PM

When they were all in a pickle at the same time, it was soo intense! I was on the edge of my seat!!!!

And K-On exceeded my expectations! I'm looking forward to the next season!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

09-16-12, 3:57 AM

the first boys of the show, shown in the very last episode haha! Great slice of life episode! surprised me when things started to go bad for the girls lol. didn't expect that....LOL but Yui did a good job pulling everyone together and things turned out alright =)

10-02-12, 1:12 PM

Kind of boring extra , could live without it seriously

10-05-12, 3:00 AM

UnbornMVs said:
Kind of boring extra , could live without it seriously

To be honest, I believe the series could have ended with episode 12. I agree though. It really did seem like a bonus added to the end. Wasn't a terrible episode, but definitely worth watching for the laughs.

Never figured myself a fan of slice-of-life anime. After enjoying the hell out of Ika-Musume, a friend of mine said I should give K-on a chance and I wasn't disappointed.
The characters are all unique and memorable. They all have their little quirks that make them lovable as well. It is because of this that makes this show so entertaining. The music is also catchy. I find myself humming the song to myself at work!

Wouldn't be surprised if I watch this show again. 9/10!
Can't wait to start the second season!
Modified by Baldark, 10-05-12, 3:04 AM

10-06-12, 6:37 AM

Nice extra episode. I like how they all got together in the end. I can't wait to watch the second season. I wanna hear more of their songs.

10-11-12, 10:12 PM

I don't get why people hate this show so much

I loved every single episode of it. <3

01-22-13, 10:19 AM

Sad to see it end ;~; but happy it ended on a heartwarming episode showing their friendship. The beach Mio visited looked really nice (I'm jealous), and Mugi in her job was adorable.

I've enjoyed the show so much. I like all of the main characters (Mio and Yui <3) and I've loved the songs, too. Now for season 2!

03-12-13, 12:20 AM

Aw, I was hoping Ritsu really had a secret admirer. But I guess it wouldn't be K-On! unless that wasn't a mix-up on her part, ehehe.

Overall the series was very cute. I would have liked more character development and music playing, but the animation is so adorable. The story was pretty mundane without any real plot. It was fun to watch, but I don't necessarily have the need to watch nor purchase this in the near future.
5/10
Modified by Lycan, 03-12-13, 12:27 AM

03-26-13, 3:59 PM

At first, didn't expect much from the show cause of some reviews i've read on forum but I'm really glad it turned out otherwise, at least for me :) Anime was really good, the girls, animation, music.. But there is one thing. I wish there was a bit more music involved beside those two concerts. It was a little disappointing when they were about to start a rehearsal scene(s) and then /cut, the rehearsal is over. I want music!! Give me more music!! :)
All in all, a very nice show! Gave it 8/10. And now, the only thing that's left is to get ready for season two!

05-01-13, 2:44 AM

game8910 said:
Someday in the Rain....K-ON version

a slow episode...but not a bad one

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V

05-01-13, 9:22 PM

First season shoulda ended with the previous episode and included this episode as a special.

Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices