Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2009 12:59 AM
Jul 2009
Too sappy for me at the end. It was hard watching the rest of it. Almost missed the last scene.

I'm pretty easily pleased so this show was sitting on a 7 the whole time but with that ending it's going down to a six.

After going through all that I believe that Ameri is a way better character and has a much better design.
Sep 26, 2009 1:13 PM
Sep 2009
They wait till the last few eps to talk about there feelings?Then Yuuri has to wait till the end of time to finally be with Marshiro?I know they don't have a cameo in Yokohama Shopping Log.
Oct 9, 2009 3:32 PM

Jul 2008
kind of boring ending in my opinion, they win anticlimactically, mashiro and yuu get married, but she goes back to her long slumber, and at the very end... a few thousand years into the future?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 24, 2009 8:56 AM

Apr 2008
This series was far from any original series. The ending was in a way predictable considering how the few episodes before the last one played out.

I however did like the "end" of the ending. when you see the world in the future,with cities in ruins and Yuu and Mashiro overlooking it. = They did afterall meet up in the future.
I wonder how though. Since he were never to marry again,how did the family go on..? --> they couldn't really meet again in any way could they. unless he became like, unable to die from his powers.
Feb 1, 2010 9:53 AM

Jul 2009
^ Yeah, he became immortal and waited 1000 years until she woke up. xD

Really, they could just make a happy ending once in a while... Like Mashiro does not die because Yuu lends her his power or sth... Simple but i like it xP
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Feb 2, 2010 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
The final episode was quite good. Overall the series surpassed my expectation and become one of the better H game adaption. Although I didn't completely get the very last scene :/ , gotta ask someone who's played the game.

8/10
Feb 2, 2010 7:50 PM

Sep 2008
Well the ending was really good I think. Made the series end with a bang. I was expecting garbage.
5layerApr 13, 2013 10:51 PM
Mar 11, 2010 3:59 PM

Nov 2009
omg thats SO sad!!! =( . . . im so glad they had they're wedding 1st though... lol the ending was funny on ameris life with the awesome guy XD hehe wow... poor mashiro!!! i hope she comes back X3
Apr 3, 2010 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
An ending which was foreseen many episodes ago...Can't they be more interesting?At least the rest of the show was kinda ok
May 21, 2010 12:43 PM

Nov 2009
Ummm....

This show was not bad I guess

Maybe because I rushed the episodes into 1 day?

Maybe the guy at the end in the motorcycle was a reincarnation.

Nah just joking... What a cliche ending
Jan 29, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2010
nice ending sweet.
Feb 5, 2011 9:24 AM

Aug 2010
First of all I love romance, drama anime and yet this one is my favourite. Thinking now I want to get married too! (T_T)
Apr 6, 2011 8:43 PM

Mar 2010
I was so much as stricken with tears at the end. But when they did the whole shiny shiny deal I thought he was giving Mashiro his energy or something so she could keep living... but no.. no.. she falls into a deep slumber again and wakes up after the world ends or something?
*sigh*

Made it seem like it was his descendant that got Mashiro, rather than Yuuri himself.. signifying he did in fact remarry or knock up some chick.. blah, I dunno anymore.
Apr 15, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
Why they never elaborate on why Yuuri got into a fight with Ameri when they were younger? Maybe thats why he change his mind on the promise he made.
Some thoughts:

This tried to be sad, but it just remind me the kind of finale Blood+ had. I thought it was hysterical how she wasted the whole ep 11 on a speech about love to Ameri, yet she is totally fine with him living/dying alone.
6/10 ~ Average show, had potential but decided to go with terrible ending
huh?
Apr 24, 2011 9:40 PM

Apr 2009
;A; The wedding scene totally made me cry...
That bit at the end was sweet though. ;_;
Jul 29, 2011 3:01 PM

May 2011
The ending sucked for me because I was rooting for Ameri the entire way, but it was obvious that was going to happen. :( Her scenes just made me teary.

choyos said:
Why they never elaborate on why Yuuri got into a fight with Ameri when they were younger? Maybe thats why he change his mind on the promise he made.
Some thoughts:

This tried to be sad, but it just remind me the kind of finale Blood+ had. I thought it was hysterical how she wasted the whole ep 11 on a speech about love to Ameri, yet she is totally fine with him living/dying alone.
6/10 ~ Average show, had potential but decided to go with terrible ending

Yeah thats pretty messed up about that whole speech thing. Telling her to confess when she already got him and ain't letting go. They definitely should have gone more in depth about Ameri and Yuuri's past, I wanted to know more.
I like your ideas in the spoilers, sure would make the ending much better for me.
Feb 25, 2012 8:22 AM

Jul 2011
I want to believe that since he said he wouldnt go for another wife nor woman, it may mean he learned to use the celestial power to turn him immortal blablabla, and that way he lived waiting for her to return.
Jun 3, 2012 9:18 PM
Apr 2012
Ehh, I knew something like this was gonna happen, he became immortal at the end and waited for her, a very long time at that, thats why everything was flooded in the very end. Poor dude, all those years by himself, all his friends and family are most likely dead. She says she loves him, but to bind him to be alone all those years, not to mention the next time she needs to "sleep"... has to suck to be him, i doubt he was faithful that entire time though.

And the situation with Ameri, well i cant even begin to explain how i felt about that, completely stupid, but whatever... doesnt help they didnt really explain any of the past between Ameri and him though, it clearly showed in one episode that they had problems in the past.
Jul 12, 2012 7:15 PM

Dec 2011
LOL for all those that hate the ending, they are either a fan of Ameri OR HAREM ENDING LOVERS.

For me the ending is kinda refreshing because not only he pick a girl, but the story actually finished. I/m bored with the harem/unfinished story ending that eroge adaptation usually use.
Aug 5, 2012 11:16 PM

Jun 2012
The plot in this was god awful, the first few episodes are of them training and shit to get ready for the evil big 3, but they just end up being pussies and it ends up being a big hug fest at the end. The characters were likable and the art was very nice but the main plot was so weak and cliche i had trouble finishing this. The ending wasnt bad but i disliked how ameri just gave up. And the epilogue with mashiro and yuuri was nice to see i guess, from what i've read yuuri became immortal and he met up with mashiro in the future, its weird that the city is underwater though...and all his friends are dead...oh well, this anime had its enjoyable moments and it was pretty cute and mashiro was adorable. I'll give it a 7/10 but i was really close to a 6. Id watch this again if i had absolutely no shit to do.

Im going to go ahead and give the 6 special episodes a look now. They are only 3 minutes each so might as well.
Aug 27, 2012 8:26 AM

Aug 2011
Oh god, it's kinda weird that I seem to enjoy the special episodes more compare to the main story. Maybe because I'm just comedy fanatic or maybe because they showed more Nue's awesomeness. xD
Sep 11, 2012 10:01 AM
Dec 2010
In the end it took only few hundreds years for them to reunite :)
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 28, 2012 7:26 PM
Sep 2012
oh my god.. i dont have anything to says.
just amazing... only this anime make me cry .. very cry
thanks for this anime
99999999999999999/10
Dec 18, 2012 2:46 PM

Mar 2011
Quite a nice little anime.

Only questions I have is why did it emphasize that she would not awake for at least 100 years only to show a scene suggesting she came back in less than 50 (the hand looked middleageish? XD).

Also I didn't really understand why she had to return to sleep. Yuuri had all the energy, and she used up all of hers. Could he not just give her that energy? I probably completely missed the point but meh.

Enjoyed it overall even if it was a bit generic, and nothing too special, but it was cute and fun.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 5, 2013 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
This series was really promising the first few episodes, but it fell off after the halfway mark. Just when I thought I had found a good anime at last. Poo.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Mar 25, 2013 12:24 AM

Feb 2012
Nothing amazing with this anime. It's still something enjoyable to watch to pass the time. The wedding isn't a train-wreck. I think it was pretty sweet. However, I really don't fathom the ending. Is he immortal or is that his descendant? Well, I doubt it's his descendant coz he said he wouldn't marry any other girl, so it's impossible. Oh well. 7/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 29, 2013 4:33 PM

Jan 2011
I feel like I've just spent hours on a game only to find I've reached the Mashiro bad ending. The best possible spin on it is that he gave sufficient energy back to her that she only had to sleep for a few years and then returned to him. If we had an ending that showed that I would have kept this as a 7, but there was just too much ambiguity about that scene after the credits. 5/10
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 3, 2013 12:17 AM

Jun 2011
It was a good series but some loose ends.

The relationship of Ameri and Yuuri wasn't clearly explained.

The development of Mifuyu was almost non existent in the series even though she's one of the main in the VN.

The wedding scene was good though that I cried.

However that big burst of light was really misleading as evn after that Mashiro still went into a slumber, which really doesn't make sense since Yuuri had lots of energy. Also the reason why Mashiro hesitated to Touch Yuuri whenever he low was quite poorly explained as well.

The ending is weird as the only reason I can tink of is him being immortal but that's sad too as all of his friends and relatives would have did.

The character design was splendid. Every character looked really beautiful and cute. The OST were great as well, I like those that have those ancient feel to it.

Overall ok series 7/10.
ArcanaTraceApr 3, 2013 12:23 AM
Apr 23, 2013 3:08 AM
Apr 2013
Well, I'm not so satisfy with the ED though. I must say I really enjoy the anime (It is one of my favourite) and the scene after the ED makes me curious. May be yuuri died after 60 or 70 years and then stay with Mashiro in heaven (there is a scene in the wedding where yuuri said that mashiro should wait for him in heaven). I guest that the ending scene is when the two lovers live in heaven and look down unto the world thousands of years in the future. Will there be a season 2, I wonder? the ED seems weird and not finished. I love the anime, will give it an 7/10 ^^
Jun 9, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2013
5/10
Jun 11, 2013 9:46 AM

May 2013
A lot of people here are raving on about the same thing. The disappointing ending. I am going to be one of those people.

The ending killed it for me. An ending is the last thing you see, so it should be one of the most memorable parts of the anime. I almost feel as if the ending was one of the worst I have seen,

There were so many different ways to go about the ending. A fairy tale like ending with a happily ever after. Or a tragic ending. But no. The developers decided to go right smack in the middle of the two. An ending. Which was extremely anticlimactic.

I think the creators decided to go with the safer option. And to be honest sometimes it works. But there is no way that this ending was pulled off. In the end, the anime is let down .. By its ending, which is a real disappointment.

Just thought i would share my view :)
Aug 25, 2013 9:57 AM
Jul 2013
so im posting in this old thread cause i dont know where else to vent this anger.

in my opinion the ending was terrible on the level of magikano ending.

-Most importantly justice was not served for ameri in the anime even until the end. i mean like if you dont like her then tell her in the face.

-the flashback yuuri had with ameri avoiding him was also not explained.

im sorry but i just dont know where else to vent my anger.

6/10 for me
Feb 23, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2013
Well, darn... Yu had to wait for a long time for her, or like another user brought up, he kept up at the shrine and died then met with her in heaven. Although based on the fact that he said it was his turn to wait and she opened her eyes when he was riding his motorcycle, the energy level (over 9000?) was enough to allow him to wait in the world while making sure humans and tayuti got along. Seems like a good fit for a Shinto priest if you ask me.

Wedding scene definitely choked me up a bit, it was pretty intense, but it seems like there were a lot of things that could have been done to make it so Mashiro could stay in the present world a little longer. Oh well, I do like the decisiveness of the ending though, seems pretty well wrapped up (compared to plenty of other series I've seen)

8/10
Mar 28, 2014 12:05 AM

May 2013
Fuck waiting.... This is not the happy ending I was hoping for.
Mar 28, 2014 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
Kslate23 said:
Fuck waiting.... This is not the happy ending I was hoping for.

True that. I started watching this show because I thought it would be nice an light and happy... I kinda got screwed on that, although I still believe my interpretation of the end makes it a bit better for me
Jun 23, 2014 9:10 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending I must say, the overall anime wasn't bad, it could've been a bit better in some paces but in general it was pretty lovely. 7/10
Aug 22, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
most of you didnt watch the end credits scene lol.

Nov 23, 2014 4:51 PM

May 2014
The first episode was totally cool stuff. The first three were enjoyable. Somewhere at episode 4 or 5, or 6, the series went bad. Still, I watched all the episodes through to the end, tears in my eyes, hoping to get a glimpse of awesomeness that - in the end - never came.

Wouldn't actually recommend the series to anyone.
Dec 18, 2014 8:27 PM

Jan 2014
Just wondering, does any of you have links to any sort of official confirmation from the Japanese authors of this anime with regards to the ending? It is okay even if it is in Japanese.

The thing is, even though it said on the Wikipedia page that the ending showed an immortal Yuuri (NOT his descendant) riding on a bike with Mashiro, there are still otaku in my little meat space club arguing that, NO, the ending was left open ended and we are free to interpret that as Yuuri's future descendant in some faraway future marrying Mashiro or not.

So which is the OFFICIAL ending?

1) An immortal Yuuri with Mashiro

Or

2) A future descendant of Yuuri with Mashiro

???
Jan 8, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2014
Teckmeister said:
Just wondering, does any of you have links to any sort of official confirmation from the Japanese authors of this anime with regards to the ending? It is okay even if it is in Japanese.

The thing is, even though it said on the Wikipedia page that the ending showed an immortal Yuuri (NOT his descendant) riding on a bike with Mashiro, there are still otaku in my little meat space club arguing that, NO, the ending was left open ended and we are free to interpret that as Yuuri's future descendant in some faraway future marrying Mashiro or not.

So which is the OFFICIAL ending?

1) An immortal Yuuri with Mashiro

Or

2) A future descendant of Yuuri with Mashiro

???

I'm just gonna go with Wikipedia and believe the epilogue is immortal Yuuri and Mashiro.

Might as well leave with something positive with this mediocre show.

although.....
ZENSXJan 8, 2015 7:02 PM
Jul 26, 2015 10:36 PM

Sep 2013
I read somewhere that he was reincarnated into the time where Mashiro was going to wake up. And someone else told me that with the power he had he found a way to become pretty much immortal, not like his ancestor, and waited for Mashiro i believe for a thousand years and when she woke up he lived with her again since they are married and love each other. Hence the futuristic motorcycle at the end and the city underwater since the water levels raised up.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 4, 2015 3:12 AM

May 2014
That wedding tho
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 12, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2009
This last episode and that song on the wedding raised my score to 7/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2016 12:03 PM
Lifeless

Dec 2016
For those who wonder, at the end of the scene, it shows an unknown motorcyclist and Mashiro.

The motorcyclist was indeed Yuuri, the author himself stated that Yuuri had so much celestial power that it made Yuuri immortal, thus, it came to the scene where the city is in ruins, long gone in the past, however it shows that Mashiro indeed came back in the far future, and so this scene shows that they are alive in the far future, near the ruins of the city, reunited again together, forever loving each other.
Jun 14, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
amc9988 said:
LOL for all those that hate the ending, they are either a fan of Ameri OR HAREM ENDING LOVERS.

For me the ending is kinda refreshing because not only he pick a girl, but the story actually finished. I/m bored with the harem/unfinished story ending that eroge adaptation usually use.

Basically this.
I really like series like this, but only when I have a proper ending. Harem ending is always a big bullshit.
And here, we have a proper ending (not hideously sweet and happy) which you can interpret by yourself.
I want to see more anime like this.
Solid 8/10.
rsc-plJun 14, 2017 2:22 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 30, 2018 9:47 PM

Aug 2014
Series started off good. Middle became crap and that pointless wedding scene and wtf ending. I mean, what was the point really? She still "died". He could not save her. And what, he became immortal and actually waited 1000 years without loving anyone else? lol what..this series went from a 7/10 to 5/10.
Jul 29, 2019 7:31 AM

Sep 2012
not saying its crap/bad but its worse harem i have seen first one getting 6/10
Nov 27, 2020 3:26 PM
Oct 2015
Typical bittersweet anime series where the MCs don't really end up with a happy ending. She goes into a deep sleep and the world has crumbled around them when she wakes.
Apr 19, 2021 7:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Ameri kissed him but well he still doesn't care and he only loves Mashiro... well that wedding ceremony was cute but still sad with that sleep thing, even though from the post-credit scene I guess she has woken up and they live together now.
Well it was an OK series I think, but it would have been better with a better harem protagonist, Yuuri really sucked lol
Aug 5, 2021 12:40 PM

Jun 2011
So much wasted potential in this series, but I still consider it okay thanks to not choosing a harem route but focusing on relationship with Mashiro only. I love her, the ending could be really emotional if the adaptation had been better.
Also I like how the world when they reunite is depicted. These crumbled buildings and raised water level...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- Episode 5 Discussion

Laevantein - Feb 26, 2010

11 by Punkero »»
Feb 5, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 8, 2009

35 by Alfakurama »»
Aug 21, 2023 10:14 AM

Poll: » Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

47 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 2022 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

45 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Feb 26, 2022 6:33 AM

Poll: » Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 24, 2009

34 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Feb 26, 2022 4:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.