Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 20, 2009 3:22 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode isn't bad at all, Cordelia and Alicia are still in the hands of the people working for von Borg. Welkin and Faldio eventually catch up and try to rescue them, Welkin end up shooting 1 of the guy when he was using Alicia as a shield. So, both of the girls are safe which is a good thing :D It was also nice seeing Jaeger and Selvaria working together with Welkin even though Welkin could have probably gotten by without their help. So at the end, I’m glad Welkin and Alicia’s relationship move forward ^_^
ShanaFlameJun 21, 2009 1:52 AM
Jun 20, 2009 10:01 PM

Feb 2008
You hurry up with your comments becuase you going to be first of all, but seriously not need to do that, how is that important for you?
I have seen a few posts of you around and is always short like oh wow this isn't bad at all or likely this is good.
Okay let me ask you this question, why are you think this is good?
For myself this anime was a bit averages for me, in the end Welkin was a bit jealous hearing Faldio said if he love Alicia but don't think that a if, probably he does but don't express the emotions.
More drama less action.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 23, 2009 12:48 AM
Jul 2018

WHAT THE F***

that's my commment on this ep.
Jun 24, 2009 7:50 AM
Mar 2008
What I see in this episode is, I think Faldio is also likes Alicia. I sense a little bit evil starting to grow from him :p
Jun 25, 2009 7:45 PM

Sep 2007
O noez love triangle. What will Welkin do now!?
Jun 25, 2009 8:49 PM

Nov 2006
Wasabi said:
O noez love triangle. What will Welkin do now!?
Threesome. Sexy overload.

I wanted to rape Welkin tenderly b/c of his puppy eyes at the end.

Lol @ Rosie getting raped by the Darcsen dude in the next ep preview.
Jun 25, 2009 8:53 PM

Apr 2009
Loved the ending :D (sucker for romancee)

nice drama-ish action in the episode, w/ the whole truck/tank thing.
Jun 26, 2009 12:32 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode.

Faldio as a whole just gets on my nerves. The fact that he is voiced by Suzaku makes it even worse.
Jun 26, 2009 12:47 AM

May 2009
Enjoyed the episode. Jaeger continues to be one of the more interesting characters. And the love triangle? Glad to see it moving along finally after having it kinda simmer all this time. Perhaps Faldio's proclamation will finally get Welkin to get his head out of the clouds of insects, lizards, etc., long enough to man up rather than run away from Alicia. Nice to see Cordelia sorta set straight, but shouldn't she have at least tried to figure out who was behind her kidnapping rather than blindly place her trust in her handler? She's still a kid, but come on.
Jun 26, 2009 1:16 AM

May 2008
lol didnt expect Faldio to say that, but being straightforward sure is great lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 26, 2009 5:36 AM

Jan 2008
*dum dum dum* what will Welkin do!? stay at the sidelines and let yet another women go?

next week

*the bold and the beautifull song*
Faldio: Welkin, I love Alicia!
Welkin: *shock*
*end*

DRAMAAAA!!

but seriously I am curious as to what Welkin will do... ow and ofcourse Rosie getting raped by the Darcsen looks mighty interesting too :p
Jun 26, 2009 6:14 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode once again. Love triangle GO!
Jun 26, 2009 7:47 AM

May 2008
O.o
love triangle!!

anyway decent episode
Jun 26, 2009 7:49 AM
May 2009
Hey,this time it was Welkin who showed feelings and Alice who didn#T get it und cared for something unneeded

The ending gives a interesting hint for the relationships
Jun 26, 2009 8:00 AM

Apr 2008
lols ... Faldio sure was direct xD

Jun 26, 2009 9:29 AM

Jul 2008
windy said:

Lol @ Rosie getting raped by the Darcsen dude in the next ep preview.

LOL o shyt i didnt noticed that til u mentioned it and i rewatched it LOL
and ya i agree Faldio was indeed direct XD
Jun 26, 2009 9:48 AM
May 2009
Wow... Faldio annoys me. Is there this kind of relationship between Faldio and Alica in the game? I dont remember people saying about it
Jun 26, 2009 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
Quite a surprise to see Welkin working with Jaeger and Selvaria to save the princess and Alicia :)
On the other hand, i'm not really surprised Faldio likes Alicia... A triangle relation is always interesting in anime^^
And wow, possible rape of Rosie in next episode ? 0_o
Jun 26, 2009 1:26 PM

May 2009
Mindcrime said:
The fact that he is voiced by Suzaku makes it even worse.
OH LAWD! I hadn't noticed that it's Suzaku's voice actor, but as soon as I read that it hit me. xD

Anyways.. Pretty good episode with some nice chase action and the start of a love triangle.

Next episode looks nice too.
Jun 26, 2009 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
"Symbiosis" be damned. That was the most. Unbelievable. Partnership. Ever.

And why would Ellet let the story slide, just because the princess didn't make the incident public? This seems like the type of cover-up she should be dying to expose.

I didn't really like this episode, but I did like Faldio's confession at the end. I think Welkin x Alicia is cute, but I wouldn't mind Faldio x Alicia. Welkin should probably end up with mother nature anyway.
Jun 26, 2009 3:11 PM
Dec 2007
Too bad this series is heavily undermined by its below-average direction and expected script, it has some great characters and animation and potentielly good developments. Average episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 26, 2009 4:44 PM

Nov 2008
akuma2002 said:
Quite a surprise to see Welkin working with Jaeger and Selvaria to save the princess and Alicia :)

True.

I want to know the reaction of Welkin, Faldio sure was direct yeah. =P
Jun 26, 2009 6:17 PM

Jun 2009
I'm always a sucker for vehicle chase scenes, but lol I think I may have wet myself if I saw a tank reminiscent of the German King Tiger II running up my ass at what probably be highway speed. And maybe it is b/c I just watched all the Macrosses recently but I'm getting tired of love triangles in EVERY show I run across. That is one of the reasons I liked Eden of The East so much, no triangle :D. But I am thoroughly enjoying this show so far, Tanks+Guns+Hot Girls=Hell Yea.
Jun 26, 2009 8:54 PM

Jun 2007
Zango said:
I'm always a sucker for vehicle chase scenes, but lol I think I may have wet myself if I saw a tank reminiscent of the German King Tiger II running up my ass at what probably be highway speed. And maybe it is b/c I just watched all the Macrosses recently but I'm getting tired of love triangles in EVERY show I run across. That is one of the reasons I liked Eden of The East so much, no triangle :D. But I am thoroughly enjoying this show so far, Tanks+Guns+Hot Girls=Hell Yea.

Well there was that one dude in Eden, Ohtori was it? I dunno but he had no chance ;)

I can usually live and wait for the next episode in this series but i am actually kinda curious with an ending like that. I might just have to rewatch this b/c i obviously didn't see some stuff in the next episode preview.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jun 26, 2009 9:08 PM

Aug 2007
rabbitpoets said:
"Symbiosis" be damned. That was the most. Unbelievable. Partnership. Ever.
Uh, no... not really. Didn't you pay attention to what they were saying? If they had just let the Federation kidnap Cordelia, then the Federation takes over Gallia and they have to fight the Federation too. How does that make the partnership seem that unbelievable. Fight a tiny nation with corrupt and incompetent leaders and less troops or a larger and almost assuredly stronger military state? Makes sense to me >_>
Jun 26, 2009 10:17 PM

Jun 2009
ani said:
Zango said:

Well there was that one dude in Eden, Ohtori was it? I dunno but he had no chance ;)

I can usually live and wait for the next episode in this series but i am actually kinda curious with an ending like that. I might just have to rewatch this b/c i obviously didn't see some stuff in the next episode preview.

Yea, the triangle is a cliche but one that works, it is just a little annoying when they don't end it right (Never played the game btw), hopefully they will end it right in this one. Also, in Eden I believe his name was Takazowa Akira or something along those lines...
Jun 27, 2009 9:56 AM

Dec 2008
Where did the tank come from?
Jun 27, 2009 10:02 AM

Apr 2009
i'm surprised that no one drove off of a cliff sooner.
in your nostromo.

eating your crew.
Jun 27, 2009 10:42 AM

Jan 2009
The confession/confrontation by Faldio was amusing

Looking fwd to next episode with the rail artillery
Jun 27, 2009 10:56 AM

Oct 2007
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/635/20090627-wre5-56kb that was a little unrealistic how did they appear with a tank xd
Jun 27, 2009 11:10 AM

Jun 2009
I think the tank came down from the right and when it hit the ground it swerved from the impact and then they regained control of it on the left side... I don't even remember tbh, but I'm guessing that is how it went.
Jun 29, 2009 4:13 AM

Feb 2009
Bys said:
Wow... Faldio annoys me. Is there this kind of relationship between Faldio and Alica in the game? I dont remember people saying about it

No there's nothing between them in the game.
Jun 29, 2009 7:19 AM

Feb 2008
I really enjoyed this episode especially for the character development of Faldio.

He can not hide his feelings for Alica anymore but respects the fact that Welkin seems to be closer to her. In addition to that he is a good friend. Therefore he wants to start the "love triangle fight" fair and square by telling Welkin about his feelings. Unfortunately Welkin is totally clueless in case of "man+woman relationships" and sees Alica only as a trustworthy comrade so far. :P

...looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 29, 2009 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
FTGT said:

He can not hide his feelings for Alica anymore but respects the fact that Welkin seems to be closer to her. In addition to that he is a good friend. Therefore he wants to start the "love triangle fight" fair and square by telling Welkin about his feelings. Unfortunately Welkin is totally clueless in case of "man+woman relationships" and sees Alica only as a trustworthy comrade so far. :P

...looking forward to the next episode.

Damn, you already said what I am going say to here. ^^
Jul 7, 2009 1:21 AM
Mar 2009
So, Faldio likes Alicia that much now? Makes me think that "that scene" in the game will be less likely to happen now.

By the way, what the hell happened to the fight with the Imperial humungo tank? Did they skip over it?
Jul 8, 2009 11:59 PM

Jul 2008
tentacle_raep said:
i'm surprised that no one drove off of a cliff sooner.
Jul 9, 2009 8:03 AM
Feb 2009
ChronosXIII said:
So, Faldio likes Alicia that much now? Makes me think that "that scene" in the game will be less likely to happen now.

This is what I'm wondering too. In the game, Faldio seems to be mostly interested in saving his country so his actions make sense. But in the anime? Maybe they'll just skip it.
Jul 14, 2009 8:10 AM

Jun 2008
Can someone please tell me which planet Welkin is from? I mean, he cant be THAT dense about Alicia, can he?
Jul 17, 2009 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
Welkin's decisions to take the shot did not sit well with Faldio, they didn't seem as buddy-buddy as they usually are at the end of an episode.
Jul 22, 2009 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
well they saved the princess and alicia, so all wells that ends well, even if that minister dude doesn't get his just desserts yet
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 24, 2009 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
Seems relations between Welkin and Faldio may get tense, although Alicia seems oblivious to this fact.
Aug 10, 2009 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
Well all's well that ends well, the princess is safe, and wow at the last scene! A love triangle starting?
Aug 20, 2009 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
Hm, entertaining enough, but not anywhere near as much Alicia expression as I'd want.

Faldio's apparent ultimatum to Welkin is interesting. Does he have any interesting in directly competing with him for Alicia's affections? I think the scene implied no, but then without actually understanding the original translation, I am a bit at the mercy of the subtitles.
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Aug 22, 2009 11:01 PM

Dec 2007
This episode is great, but I felt this episode is rushed a bit for some reason. Still, I enjoyed it toward the end as I am surprised that Faldio likes Alicia. I am more surprised to see Welkin working with Jaeger and Selvaria to save Alicia and the princess.
Aug 23, 2009 11:28 AM

Jul 2008
maybe welkin will finally realize something now. hes denseness is too dull man xD

Sep 29, 2009 6:28 PM

Aug 2007
Well...this ending didnt happen in the game...nice to have a little drama going =P
Apr 3, 2010 5:23 PM

Sep 2008
Mamiko Noto makes a great princess either way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2010 12:00 PM

Jun 2010
Faldio looks as if he's about to punch Welkin at the end :S
Jun 27, 2010 1:23 AM

Sep 2008
Good episode. :D I guess I like the drama, but the action is good too... (More would be nice sometimes, though?)

I actually like Faldio at the moment... although, perhaps because he's voiced by the same guy that voiced Suzaku, I can't help but make a connection between the characters... I hope Faldio doesn't defect to the dark side over some silly love triangle. D: I like Alicia and Welkin as a pair, but it's almost strange how the episodes seem to show them as having developed some magical connection/bond of trust in no time at all... o_O (Thinking more on it though... It has been 12 episodes. Plenty of time for their relationship to grow. Guess it seems like all those episodes just whizzed by?!)

Whatever. GOOD EPISODE. I liked eet. :D
Jun 6, 2011 1:57 AM

Apr 2009
BlitzAceSamy said:
Faldio looks as if he's about to punch Welkin at the end :S

Hell I'll probably help Faldio beat up Welkin!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.