Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 23, 2009 7:46 AM

Jan 2009
btw, I just remembered what the cut-off and too quick ending reminded me of : o
I remember Chobits having a similair ending, although not due to content or story, but since it seemed like it should've been longer. there it was like.. at ep 18/26, everything suddenly speeded up about a billion times and everything ended and concluded everything O.o
at least that's how I felt about Chrome Shelled Regios, and Chobits : p so I reeaaaaally hope there's gonna be a season 2 : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 23, 2009 8:50 AM

Oct 2008
I thought this episode was one of the better ones, i liked the scene when Layfon combined his Katana with the heaven's blade and killed the filth monster, the pacing was not too great and i am expecting a 2nd season because this seems more of an intro for the characters and the general plot which is probably the other world of "Ignasis" as well as the queen's motives and etc..
I give it an 8/10 since i really liked some of the scenes (Layfon VS mercenary / Felli Layfon moments.. etc
Jun 23, 2009 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
formosan said:

No, I think the characters powered up.

Layfon was mostly restricted by his self-blame, and he's lightened up.

Leerin is revealed to be some important guy's daughter with a magic right eye.

Goth chick Saya did magic stuff.

Nina has learned a valuable lesson about the injuries that result from harboring magic goats.
:

None of these are power ups. Leerin had this power previous to anything that was presently going on in the show. The same goes for Saya. What is said for Layfon is character development, and since we don't really see the aftermath of this episode, I'd be hard pressed to say it's development since we don't know if it sticks at all. And I'm going to assume what you said about Nina was a joke ;p
Jun 23, 2009 4:42 PM

Dec 2007
just rewatched it (yeah I know, why the hell did I do that?) and wow, it's just too horrible.

I'm almost hoping there won't be a second season, another season filled with Gayfon screaming "Taichou" would seriously make my brain explode.

No, this entire show was just a tease, some people wanted FellixLayfon but that never happened, and personally the katana was my only motivation to keep watching this anime towards the end, and what did we get? a surfing Layfon.

Time well spent guys, time well spent.
Jun 23, 2009 10:18 PM

Dec 2008
I'd like a second season but if there is one I'll remember to avoid here.

Felli as a character is rather over rated and seeing people drool over her is rather annoying.

Not the best series but it was a good watch. I'll keep an eye out for more.
Jun 23, 2009 10:19 PM

Apr 2008
Sorry. Way too many holes in this one. They didn't bother explaining anything. This had great potential in the first 5 episodes, but they would start w/ something, then discontinue whatever was started. And that, unfortunately, was what ep 6 -22 was about. The biggest storyline would be the whole deal with the Dying slave and all, and that was only revealed at the last episode. Even the whole plot with Nina and the berserk spirit, we were being led to the conclusion, and what do we get? A Savaris who obtains it and then flies off in defeat from his own reflected blast. What kind of ending to an arc is that?

Overall, I think it had great potential, but just failed. 6/10 from me.
Jun 24, 2009 1:02 AM
Jan 2009
In my view, Regios was one of the best anime that halfyear, which has already been completed.

Many may condemn me for it, especially the end that is not compliant with the quality and reality of the series, however, the conduct of all was so exceptional, it became clear many doubts and uncertainties in the air, but according to the numbers Regios had a good popularity in Japan, as there is material to be produced, will probably have a second season.

The fails i could speak, the Layfon "surfing" on the Heavens Blade of him and Nina appearing from nothing, the fight against Savaris, and users of Heavens Blade, destroying the another fifith monster, but these fails just fell a little of brightness this incredible series.

And I agree with whoever said that was very run the final episodes, lack of planning, but it happens.
Jun 24, 2009 7:20 AM

Oct 2007
^ I don't know if you are saying this for real. "one of the best anime that half year"?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 24, 2009 8:16 AM

Jan 2009
it was quite good anime so i will give it 8/10.

and about defeating savaris with one hit, to me it more look like saya defeated savaris not laifon.
saya is probably creator of heavens blades and give those weapons thair power, since it's too much power for only one human to have complite power of spirit, like savaris wanted to have and saya is probably one of the strongest of it's own kind.

but even trought every one only have part of spirits power, they still have to have monsterius power in order to control and use power of weapons + thair own monsterius power.

look like saya is still doing her job from past, supplaying and holding her partner weapons.

surfing was one of bad points but they had to made laifon able to reach monster.
Jun 24, 2009 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
Layfon could have teleported. He did something like that earlier in the show. Some wind move or some such.
Jun 24, 2009 2:54 PM

Jan 2009
you probably mean encharted agility, but that was only useful for short distance and it's not faster than surfing.
Jun 24, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
Ah so it was finished. There were many loopholes but the show was still enjoyable watch particularly the first half. The ending was somewhat rush and is hinting for continuation. I always like the leitmotif (in this ep it was from 9:34-10:00 min) so I can't bring down my rating since from the start - 8/10 (rating due mostly to enjoyment). I was glad Felli did another laughable remark towards the end.
LieilaJun 24, 2009 8:31 PM
Jun 24, 2009 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
And I finally got to the end and well, it sucked. Well, more like subpar.

On one hand I don't know why I watched it 'til the end, and on the other I'm not that disappointed because I never spent more than 10 minutes watching any episode.

A solid 5/10 for me (maybe lower? I would need to actually watch full episodes to judge)
Jun 25, 2009 12:58 AM

Nov 2006
AeonsLegend said:
Wait you sit through an entire show and you rate it 3/10? "Normal" people drop a show which they dislike early on. You just told us you spent 24*25min=10hours on something you really, really hate.
My take on that is that if it's terrible but still manages to be somewhat entertaining, I'll finish it so my argument on why the series sucks holds some ground. If there are absolutely no redeeming values and it hurts to watch it, it gets dropped and I don't bitch about it.

Regios is almost in a different category because it's just so bad. There were virtually no redeeming values, but seeing how little sense one episode could make and laughing at Ayako's terrible TL/English actually got to be fun.

Anyways, this gets a 2/10 from me: One point for Layfon's seiyuu ~ OI KORA URUSEEEE de gozaru and one automatic point for being just a little bit less horrible than Code Geass R2.
Jun 25, 2009 3:09 AM

Feb 2008
windy said:
AeonsLegend said:
Wait you sit through an entire show and you rate it 3/10? "Normal" people drop a show which they dislike early on. You just told us you spent 24*25min=10hours on something you really, really hate.
My take on that is that if it's terrible but still manages to be somewhat entertaining, I'll finish it so my argument on why the series sucks holds some ground. If there are absolutely no redeeming values and it hurts to watch it, it gets dropped and I don't bitch about it.

Regios is almost in a different category because it's just so bad. There were virtually no redeeming values, but seeing how little sense one episode could make and laughing at Ayako's terrible TL/English actually got to be fun.

Anyways, this gets a 2/10 from me: One point for Layfon's seiyuu ~ OI KORA URUSEEEE de gozaru and one automatic point for being just a little bit less horrible than Code Geass R2.
So you will watch an anime you dislike (a rating of 3 or 2 means it's terrible, not enjoyable) so you can talk about it? I really don't see the merit in that, but if you feel you should enduldge yourself in things you don't like it's totally up to you.
Jun 25, 2009 6:50 AM

Oct 2007
I don't think it hurts to watch something you think it is bad but it would be hurts to watch something that you never want to see.

Jun 25, 2009 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
Especially when you're seeing a show that had a few good ideas and then turned into everything cliche and wrong about anime in general.
Jun 25, 2009 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
Well, as you said, this show did hurt me a little, just a little but no more since I stopped to have any expectation from it at some point during the first half. Everything that you expected from this show is always go "Oh well..." or "That's it?"

Jun 25, 2009 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
It's a shame this last episode was such a rush..

But I've enjoyed this series, I think it was great. ;D

Can't wait 'till the 2nd season!
Jun 25, 2009 3:25 PM

Nov 2006
AeonsLegend said:
windy said:
AeonsLegend said:

So you will watch an anime you dislike (a rating of 3 or 2 means it's terrible, not enjoyable) so you can talk about it? I really don't see the merit in that, but if you feel you should enduldge yourself in things you don't like it's totally up to you.
Well, like I said, in Regios' case, it actually got to be fun. I don't torture myself with anime that are terrible as well as a chore to watch, like the anime in my dropped list.
Jun 27, 2009 5:38 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm i liked this episode, especially with the fusion of the two blades ^^
We get to see how powerful Layfon is, and also how powerful the heavens blades are.
Wee im hoping for a season 2, it was my favourite anime of last year behind Gundam 00 ^^

Jun 28, 2009 1:34 PM

May 2008
Some huge errors were committed in this show, but the I loved to watch it! 7/10.
Jun 28, 2009 9:24 PM

Jan 2009
Started good, kept on track with the novels throughout which made the show good. But then took a left turn to wtfville and ended with we'll continue from here, maybe. One of the things I find funny is Leerin made the trip to deliver the katana to Layfon, but the katana has far we know ended back on Grendan...

As far as the romance ending, blah I could really care less. If I was Layfon I would keep them all, because they all have their uses. Nina, combat... Felli, intel... Mei, food... Leerin, accountant...Win, win wherever he may turn, plus all but 1 have a nice chesticles...
Jul 1, 2009 7:33 AM

Jun 2009
@ above : felli absolutely...^^
what makes this episode better : the last scene, where felli is copying layfon's words... hahaha...
Jul 1, 2009 4:43 PM
Apr 2009
I think that somebody seems to be an attention-whore and making a great fuss being proud of giving low notes for this anime.

If you can waste about 10 hours for an anime you hate, then you should really do something about your life. And don't give us all the crap about "it was enjoyable and that's why I gave it 2/3".

To me, it would have to be about gay lollipops raping dead dogs with awful art to not give any credit to the creator by giving such a low note.
Jul 2, 2009 4:55 PM
Mar 2009
Well that sucked...I thought Savaris would put up more of a fight, but no, Layfon goes into his usual uber haxorness and combines the Psyharden katana with his heaven's blade and goes holyshitwtf on Savaris...and that surfboard was wtf?

They have to make a second season. There's just too many loose ends, the main one being the wolf gang and Ignis and whatever.
Jul 3, 2009 4:27 PM

Jan 2009
ChronosXIII said:
Well that sucked...I thought Savaris would put up more of a fight, but no, Layfon goes into his usual uber haxorness and combines the Psyharden katana with his heaven's blade and goes holyshitwtf on Savaris...and that surfboard was wtf?

They have to make a second season. There's just too many loose ends, the main one being the wolf gang and Ignis and whatever.

Actually he spanked Savaris before the tranformerwannbecombination, and that was more Saya then Layfon. If not for her he'd be filth monster food...
Jul 4, 2009 10:06 AM

Nov 2008
allaboutNinjas said:
I think that somebody seems to be an attention-whore and making a great fuss being proud of giving low notes for this anime.

If you can waste about 10 hours for an anime you hate, then you should really do something about your life. And don't give us all the crap about "it was enjoyable and that's why I gave it 2/3".

To me, it would have to be about gay lollipops raping dead dogs with awful art to not give any credit to the creator by giving such a low note.

Yeah, I don't get it too.. If I don't like it or it doesn't bother me I drop it, same for something bad.

Ans there are lots of questions unanswered, so they must make a 2nd season, they just have too.. :')
Jul 5, 2009 10:56 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The novels are ongoing, so this is really far from being over. This series seems to use too many mysterious terminology , such as the Dream of Ignasis, Aurora Field, etc....

This series deals with too much infos and the universe is too complicated. They weren't able to explain it at all.....

Still entertaining, so an average score of 8 for me....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 9, 2009 12:35 AM

Dec 2008
Its always a pity when a good show gets a rushed ending.
There was too much Savaris Screentime : )
I was some kind of disappointed that he turns into a laughing idiot in this ep

The Felli Layfon sene was fun, but I didnt get the true meaning

A:Was Felli glad that Layfon survived?

B:had she read his mind and knew what he wants to say o Leerin?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2009 1:09 PM

Oct 2008
So many things left unexplained.. All the good parts missing..

This is a happy ending but...

Perhaps, its not really a happy ending. Why does Felli-senpai had to act like a tsundere all the time? Nakahara-san usually don't voice tsundere characters...
Jul 9, 2009 9:11 PM

Oct 2007
I agree. Too many things left unexplained. The last episode didn't tie up any loose ends. Actually, none of the episodes answered any questions. Each episode just added more and more questions. I can't say I know any more than when I first started watching the series.

Good premise. Bad storytelling.
Jul 11, 2009 3:08 AM

Sep 2008
Actually it was not a big burden to watch, I was waiting for every new episode to be released with big hopes but in the end, there was not that much of a solid thing happening at every episode.

24th was the only one I actually liked, even tough some fighting scenes which should have lasted longer ended in 20 seconds each, it still had action. Rest of episodes had a little bit of everything; drama, comedy, action and it was not creating a really good effect at all.

Thus, 7/10 for Koukaku no Regios.
Jul 17, 2009 2:19 PM
Feb 2008
Did Layfon just get his Heaven's Blade taken away again right after he got it back?! I got one of my "I'm confused!" moments there. And yeah the story was rushed, we just got new questions along with old questions and a big crave for a second season :(
But i love the show anyways :D
Jul 22, 2009 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
I for one hope that there won't be a second season. Sure, I'd love to understand what's going on and all but not at the expense of having to watch another 24 episodes of pointless crap that always ends up unresolved.

- Why was he surfing on his blade?
- How was he able to combine blades? Shouldn't a Heaven's Blade be able to function properly on its own? If it's such a powerful and honorable blade, you shouldn't be able to tweak with it.
- Why is Nina still alive? Or rather, why is she able to function properly?
- Was I the only one who was caught off guard when she called out that guy's name? Dick. I didn't even know that was his name. How did she? And why was it so random?
- Masked people? They appear and remain stubbornly but suddenly, they just disappear?
- Why does it take so many Heaven's Blade users to take down one filth monster when it only took Layfon himself to take down the same being?
- If Layfon could surf on his sword, why didn't he do it right when the filth monster flew past him so that he could have gotten to it quicker?
- How was Savaris able to get the goat when Nina had to be hit directly? She didn't because didn't Layfon protect her from Savaris' attack? And even if she was hit directly, shouldn't she have died? Or at least be unconscious and unable to talk?
- If Savaris is also a Heaven's Blade user, coupled with the golden goat, shouldn't it take more to knock him out, much less knock him so far away?

More questions. Plenty more. But I'll stop here, since my score would only continue to drop from here. 5/10 is already showing mercy. I was actually looking forward to this series and had high hopes for it.
Aug 20, 2009 4:33 AM
Jun 2008
3/10

probably the most random anime i've ever seen
Aug 22, 2009 2:28 AM
Mar 2009
Hope they make season 2 so many things need answering
Sep 21, 2009 6:32 AM

Sep 2008
reaght said:
3/10

probably the most random anime i've ever seen

It was random, it rushed the ending... but a 3? Come on, honestly, a 3?
Sep 28, 2009 10:05 AM

Oct 2008
So many unanswered questioned and plot twisted that were never delved in to beyond starting.

The end fights were pretty anti-climatic too for the reasons mentioned. I liked the sword/weapon fighting in this show and just devolving to throwing energy balls and turning in to energy balls was kind of a let down. For all the work he goes to getting that sword, it acts just like every other weapon he had and he gives it up like 10 minutes after getting it. This is even more strange because the queen talks about saya choosing him, presumably having something to do with the sword, which he then gives up.

I wasn't a big nina fan and found her annoying generally so i was kind of happy when she got thrown in the back seat the last few episodes, only being there to be a host of that one spirit.

I gave it a 7 because i really liked the overall idea, some of the plot (the heaven's blade stuff was really cool, but sadly they didn't go in to it much), the fighting and about the first half of the series. It was disappointing though and i feel they kind of botched a great idea by throwing up tons of new plot directions every episode which were never answered, not going in to heaven's blade users much and not having a coherent plot direction planned out in advance (it felt like the story was going this way and that, almost as if the writer couldn't decide what he wanted to do with it). I'd love to watch a second season that answers a lot of the questions brought up and goes more in to what layfon being a heaven's blade user means.
Oct 9, 2009 1:09 PM

Apr 2008
There was truly quite a lot of "WTF's" in the ending. Though it ended just like I expected. The battles was rather poorly made.
I mean like "WOW! Two guys clashing swords with each other and screams "GRRRR" at each other?"

The most WTF thing for me was the "Fon Fon's" and Nina's relationship.
It can be separated in following parts.
1) COOL! He is really fast, I want him to join our squad.
2) What a let down.
3) WTF? He is so much stronger then I anticipated.
4) Crap, am so weak.
5) I just let him do all the work.
6) Shait, I worked up too much fame on his account, but am still a 0.
7) Do I love that guy or hate him really badly?
8) For some unknown reason I feel like wondering in the desert.

Also, wtf? Did not Fon Fon said that he was an orphan at some point in the beginning?
Also, WTF? Is Fon fon and Leerin siblings or not?

Still, the best scenes of this anime was when Felli was knee kicking people.
ZingFreelancerOct 9, 2009 1:12 PM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Oct 12, 2009 5:26 PM

Feb 2009
to quote Mr. Pedro from Excel Saga (the anime) "NOOOOOO!!!! WHYYYYY??!! the numbers don't add up!!!!"
Oct 17, 2009 12:12 PM

Jun 2009
Where can i download this anime?I'm BR and since I cant find in portuguese I decided to download in english but i dont know good sites to download in english.

Oct 18, 2009 1:37 PM
Apr 2009
Not entirely bad, it had a few moments - mostly Felli and Naruki (rippa no onna) related. Still astronomically far from being good. This one goes into my "will never rewatch"-box.
Dec 8, 2009 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
reaper_unique said:
second season is pretty much a given. novel is far ahead of the anime and is still ongoing. It's just a matter of when.

epic show was epic. I guess it isn't such a bad thing Layfon stayed in Zuellni it would have been harder to make a second season out of that.

at least he can rest asured that he will stay the one and only user of the heavens blade :p

So the light novels are far ahead from anime? Thanks! U gimme hope for the 2nd season because this season is awesome but unfinished. :)
Dec 8, 2009 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Well, I've discovered that this anime only covers light novel volume 1-8 so there's likely high chance for the 2nd season since there's already 14 volumes of light novel and it's still continuing.
Dec 13, 2009 8:00 PM

Jun 2009
so many plot holes and unanswered questions.... It did entertain me quite a bit though, Layfon is a rather cool main character when's he's serious, leveling Cloud Strife IMO.

6/10, may increase to 7/10 if there's a strong second season with answers. But it's impossible to get higher.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2010 4:36 PM
Feb 2010
Am I the only one who watches anime to entertain themselves and not criticize everything that happens? If you realized you didn't like the anime in the first few episodes, then why keep watching it. Drop it earlier instead of waiting to watch the final episode and then complaining how many problems it had.

Apr 4, 2010 10:49 PM

Aug 2007
Wow that show how OP Layfon is when Savaris is a heaven blade user himself plus he got a power up from that goat...! Also i took so many heaven blade users to kill that one filth monster and just layfon for the other. Other than that a decent anime. Layfon x Felli all the way!
Apr 23, 2010 12:51 PM

Mar 2010
One of worst end I've ever seen: everything (or nothing in this case) rushed in 2mins...

May 2, 2010 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i cant believe its finally over. this show is one of the best anime i have seen so far. im also sad because im 99% sure that there isnt going to be a second season. i hate it when good anime only goes up to 1 season. they should make more ideas so there will be more to go on in the story. overall i give it a 20/10 cause it was that good.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ariapokoteng - Apr 18, 2009

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.