Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 21, 2009 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
A great ending !! \O/

I can't wait now for the next season !!
Dick : "In other words, this is only the beginning." !! =D

Jun 21, 2009 1:23 PM
Nov 2007
ZGMF_Balmung said:
A great ending !! O/

I can't wait now for the next season !!

ZGMF_Balmung said:

ZGMF_Balmung said:

Dick

I always have to laugh when I read his name...

Summing up my thoughts of this episode: gfdsfdsgfsffggfsf

I didn't really get most of the stuff happened, for example why the heck these giant pillars got out of the earth and suddenly cleaned the air. Layfon drawing his Psyharden Katana was imo a really cool moment in this ep.
Jun 21, 2009 2:18 PM

Oct 2008
i am disappointed that he gave back Heavven's blade ;/ did he hold psychadren katana then? why leerin came back to grendan ... i thought she wanted to stay with layfon ... that's why she had left grendan before -_-
final kick was awesome ^_^ and this shout "ITAI" :> ^_^ nice one ^_^
i think i'll have to read manga :> ^_^ anyway at the begining i had rated it 10/10 but ... few of episodes weren't as good as firsts, middle episodes had only one good point Felli ;p ^_^ also final developement ofc. was spectacular but i wanted to see psychadren master ("layfon") in action not just one hit ...
for me 8/10 overall ... it means that's worth watching ;] but not really a masterpiece
Jun 21, 2009 2:22 PM
Oct 2008
Yeah, I wish he would have kept the Heaven's Blade.
Jun 21, 2009 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
Very disappointing episode. Sure Layfon gets to wield an enormously powerful sword, but the fight scenes were horrible. Savaris was blown away with one blow (without the psyharden katana) and the filth monster didn't really need Layfon to kill it. The canon took care of it.

Loose ends? The same loose ends remain as at the end of episode 23. Nothings wrapped up. Very very disappointing.
Jun 21, 2009 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
For second there I had the feeling Layfon was fighting Grimmjow and not Savaris... The same malicious laughter and all those energy blasts... XD
Jun 21, 2009 3:10 PM

Jul 2008
I liked the serie but there's too many question being unanswered.
I hope for a second season and this time I hope that they will explain thing better.

@Aeons: Savaris took his own blast right on and we don't have proof that he's dead he just left, I would really likely see Savaris as one of the bad guys of a second season.

Yeah right off the start the canon could destroy the filth monster but it couldn't aim at it, that's where Layfon come in. Personnaly I would have found it stranger that layfon, one heaven blade, kill a dying slave (which if I understood well is stronger than a normal filth monster) while some other heaven blade had trouble dealing with a normal one.
Jun 21, 2009 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
Tarje said:
I'm giving it a 6/10

- horrible pacing
- too many questions left unanswered
- annoying characters getting too much screentime (I'm looking at you, Nina)

like someone said before, this episode should have been three episodes. It really felt rushed.

I think the heavens blade users should have received more screentime, some of them actually looked interesting (as opposed to the trio of annoying girls on Zuellni)

I really hate giving this show such a 6/10, mostly because I loved the first couple episodes.

As for the sword-riding Layfon? Terrible..

qft, especially bolded part.
Anyhow, I gave this show 5/10, for all the reasons mentioned above, and some more.
Jun 21, 2009 3:32 PM

Dec 2007
The plot was at times pretty jumbled up at times, but overall it was a very enjoyable show. This needs a second season so that the plot can get going for real and so that we can get more Felli. :3

8/10
Jun 21, 2009 3:43 PM

May 2008
5/10, It may increase if there is a 2nd season that gives us all the answers
Jun 21, 2009 4:45 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:

No. Basically, what I said from the first episode was true: Regios is a harem masked as an action show. Since basically the show had nothing to do with action (since each action sequence was around 30 seconds at the most), we're left with overused tsundere comedy, Layfon's girlfriends, and Leerin being molested.

I checked the tags a couple of times when I started watching it to double check to see about it being a harem anime. It seemed to me that it was more harem then action.

I'm also confused if Leerin is really the Queens daughter why would the Queen then go and molest her? I suspected that she might of been the queens daughter when that girl who sometimes posses as the Queen was cut off mid sentense and almost chocked to death in earlier episodes and I guess I am gald that was confirmed in this episode.

And Leerin and Layfon are they adoptive brother and sister? I am now curios to know more of there history. Do they consider themselves brother and sister even though they consider the same man there father?

The last episode seemed rushed and I was confused a few times and really hope that there is a season two. Overall I enjoyed this season.
Jun 21, 2009 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
this anime started out with a bang but then started to decline. the ending was basic and really not nearly as exciting as one would hope. they probably should have a second season but it would be ok if they didn't.
Jun 21, 2009 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
Too bad it is over. It seemed like more information was starting to come together towards the end. Such as the link between Saya/Leerin and the "other world." I also wish we got to see more of the other Heaven's Blade users from Grendan.

I can't say it was a bad series. I enjoyed it, just hope that there is a possibility for a second season to put more pieces to the puzzle together.
Jun 21, 2009 5:05 PM

Mar 2009
It was really nice anime. It was worth watching it. But for me it gave too many question without any suggestions or answes. Next season or ova Im wating for that:D
8/10
Jun 21, 2009 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
At first, I really liked this show, but towards the middle and espicially the end, everything just fell apart. Another heavens blade reciever gets a huge power upgrade and Layfon beats him in 1 second.

This show lacked any good fight scenes. I wanted to see Layfon go all out and actually have trouble. That would have been a good fight, but it never happened.

And as other people have mentioned, the pacing for this show was awful. Espicailly the last arc. Some parts were dragged out longer than they needed to be and some things were rushed. They should have taken more episodes to explain what happened in the last episode like.....

- why the air suddenly became clean
- how the masked people fit into everything
- Leerin's eye to defeat the monsters

there are some others but those were the first ones to pop into my head.

7/10 for this show because the begining was good, the middle was ok, and the ending sucked. The begining balanced out the ending.
Jun 21, 2009 7:21 PM

Aug 2008
It was OK, i mean the action and all that was pretty good. But fuck... it was either you sucked balls or you were god like and i hated that. The fighting was ehhh, but i mean damn for christ sake even out the playing field everything was pretty much one sided in all fights there was no real struggle between fighting factions and that really blows this for me. A second season wouldn't be to bad, but it would be better as long as they fix the action.
Jun 21, 2009 7:54 PM

Jun 2007
Hronic said:
i am disappointed that he gave back Heavven's blade ;/ did he hold psychadren katana then? why leerin came back to grendan ... i thought she wanted to stay with layfon ... that's why she had left grendan before -_-
final kick was awesome ^_^ and this shout "ITAI" :> ^_^ nice one ^_^
i think i'll have to read manga :> ^_^ anyway at the begining i had rated it 10/10 but ... few of episodes weren't as good as firsts, middle episodes had only one good point Felli ;p ^_^ also final developement ofc. was spectacular but i wanted to see psychadren master ("layfon") in action not just one hit ...
for me 8/10 overall ... it means that's worth watching ;] but not really a masterpiece

leerin couldn't stay with Lafon because Grendar would follow her. She was the cause of Grendar and the other city coming together.

@Feball3001 - Both Lafon and Leerin where orphans. They where both adopted by the old man that teaches the way of the katana. This is why they refer to each other as brother and sister.

The queen's comment about "This may have been my daughter" is referring to if her fiancé and her stayed together and had a kid. On the flip side it didnt happen so Leerin is the daughter of the queens fiancé and some other women. For some reason the queen feels she needs to protect her as if she was her own child. As she mentions her fiancé escaped. We can assume he escaped from being sucked into this made up world that Saya created.
Jun 21, 2009 8:24 PM

Jul 2008
krumisimo said:
For second there I had the feeling Layfon was fighting Grimmjow and not Savaris... The same malicious laughter and all those energy blasts... XD

UH I WISH. I miss him.

Disappointing last episode, um, if Savaris got the thing out of Nina so easily, why couldn't they do that with Dinn? Please don't cite power-differences 'cause that is a little hax-ish for my taste.

Fight scenes were bad. Ending was bad. Though they did leave it open for another season, which I'm hoping for, since this show had a lot of potential, but if not, I'm sliding this one under the rug and hope to never think of it again.

Plus I'm not big fans of the main characters anyway to be honest, they're alright. Just alright. I'd rather have a crazy spin-off of the show: Grenden style.

Um, 6/10. Or maybe 7.

Also: Nice job riding your sword like a surfboard, Layfon.
cabaretJun 21, 2009 8:46 PM
Jun 21, 2009 8:32 PM

Mar 2009
Fonfon is quite GAR uh? i pretty like the way he combined his 2 weapons ;D
Mokyuu♥~!!

Jun 21, 2009 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
Not a bad conclusion to this season. Layfon did a double medium with his psyharden katana and his heaven's blade then proceeded to reffed with it Nirvash-style. They could have shed more light on the events though, it felt pretty random imo.
Jun 21, 2009 10:17 PM

Mar 2009
oh, c'mon!!! that was it?!! i think the fight was way short...and what was that? the haikizoku left Nina jsu like that??! i think the pace was just too fast...season 2 please...

hmmm..i'd give it an 8/10 but since the art was decent i've raised it up to 9/10..grrr...Nina didn't really had any role on this episode (so frustrating)..and in even in the end...i never liked Felli!!! She's just soo damn irritating/annoying..she keeps kicking layfon..oh please, be more honest, sheesh!!!...

=>Nina fan...XD
Jun 21, 2009 10:36 PM

Sep 2008
Great ending, was only let down by the way Savaris was defeated. I really enjoyed the entire series though, was quite unique. And i love uniqueness :) Had some quite interesting ideas as well. From the looks of it there will be a 2nd season (and i hope so too).

well 8/10. Enjoyed it.
Jun 21, 2009 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
We need a second season ! :)

agree i see to much left undone and unsaid i loved the show but we need a second season with a much deeper plot i loved the character development but thats almost all the show was
Jun 21, 2009 10:45 PM

Aug 2008
there better be a second season!!

the fighting was short a usual but still ok.

i loved the series layfon x fonfon.

i liked the ending fuck i hate it when series end makes me sad ffs.

until we meet again chrome shelled.
Jun 21, 2009 11:42 PM
Apr 2008
OK episode for me too, but yeah if everything could be lengthened & the details given out it would be a lot better. I have a feeling that half of the details were missed out from the novel version in this episode.

As for the air being cleaned out didn't they briefly say that Saya was the reason those pillars come out?
Jun 21, 2009 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Seems like some people have been complaining about things like "The goat heads in the tunnel were completely pointless".

Things like this are wat make me of the opinion that there is definately a second series/season planned. I have no idea what the masked guys were talking about, How is Saya's world in the grey flashback-looking things related to the post-appocolyptic world that most of the show takes place in? Also, at the end the orange haired enigmatic guy told Nina "this is only the begining", and what was with that "Her (Leerin's) power is in her right eye" thing? all that, coupled with the fact that I hear the manga continues past this point, mean that there is probably going to be a second series.

However, there was the staff member who died durring production (Hence the tribute at the end), so the series may have been intended to be longer, but was cut short because of that.
--
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

This is Kitty. Copy Kitty to your signature to help her achieve world domination!
Jun 21, 2009 11:52 PM

Nov 2007
Lets see, I'm still rather conflicted

Pros:
-Possible 2nd season due to open end
-New revelations and hard to understand plot points
-Felli kick at the end

Cons:
-Layfon fusing his two swords (I didn't mind the surfing, its the fusion that irked me >_>)
-Random Nina shouting LAYFON when he attacked
-Savaris vs Havens Blade Layfon lasted... virtually as much time as it took to blink...
-Lack of Heavens Bladers, especially foul mouthed witch

Overall, although the story is rather messy and underdeveloped as well as Nina... being Nina, Regios has been one of the more enjoyable series this season, especially when treated as an introduction to the series. I'm overlooking most of the cons and hope for a 2nd season that will clear things up and have a more coherent storyline.

"In other words, this is only the beginning"
Jun 22, 2009 12:48 AM

Aug 2007
Jun 22, 2009 2:01 AM

Oct 2008
noteDhero said:
4/10

So Savaris being a Heaven's blader and having the haikizoku should mean a really long great challenge to Layfon? Right?

No. Basically, what I said from the first episode was true: Regios is a harem masked as an action show. Since basically the show had nothing to do with action (since each action sequence was around 30 seconds at the most), we're left with overused tsundere comedy, Layfon's girlfriends, and Leerin being molested.

Felli's brother continued to be useless, Saya turns into a sword, some random stuff about Dying slave, and the air being cleaned...

It was all just inane. They did a solid job of wrapping stuff up, but they just added some very unnecessary, unintelligible elements to the story for no reason...and failed to give one good fight throughout the whole run.

I don't get.

Agree, I give it a 6-7/10... Watching 24 episodes but still have no idea what's going on Oo

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Jun 22, 2009 2:37 AM
Jun 2009
Arhh the only way to find out whats going on is read the light novels but they are not all translated...
Jun 22, 2009 4:32 AM

Jul 2008
Damn don't know how to score this one!!!!
If there will be at least 50 more episodes it would get 8+, but with this just barely 4... :(
Jun 22, 2009 5:50 AM

Oct 2008
Would be funny if they dropped the anime and they would not make season 2 lol.

Think I get most things that are going on in this anime, but there so much unanswered questions, like who the hell are the wolf/dog head guys, filth monsters cos-playing? What were those black and white scenes in English supposed to be; a show that airing on Tv Regios, or memories of Saya. Who is Saya btw...Where are heaven's blade from and what are they; super weapons? I could go on, so many unclear things there must be a season 2 that will explain it all. I hope.........

Did you know, Shinigami only eat apples?
Jun 22, 2009 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
I thought it was weird how during the episode they called Leerin Leering and Layfon Layton. I think they mentioned that Layfon gave his katana/heavens blade back to Grendan? is that what happened? Because I really thikn that he should keep it, after all it was given to him and he finally got over his "im too ashamed to use a katana" thing.
Jun 22, 2009 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
Savaris vs Layfon = Fail. I'M very disappointed.

I give this show 3/10. (1 point for Felli,1 point for Savaris and 1 point for Queen's sake) other than Story,Action,Soundtracks... = 0
Jun 22, 2009 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
toaster501 said:
ShiroiRyu said:
We need a second season ! :)

agree i see to much left undone and unsaid i loved the show but we need a second season with a much deeper plot i loved the character development but thats almost all the show was

agree, once again : D

Static said:
FUSION! KATANA SURFING!

now that's some awesome stuff, although it kinda seemed a bit.. silly?xD

silentknight0083 said:
I think they mentioned that Layfon gave his katana/heavens blade back to Grendan? is that what happened? Because I really thikn that he should keep it, after all it was given to him and he finally got over his "im too ashamed to use a katana" thing.

Yeah, I mean, why would he even do that? didn't he decide that he should protect the whole goddamn world? then he should've at least kept his heaven's blade >.<

Zer0_TR said:

and yeah, that fight was way too short, sure, it's cool that Layfon suddenly got really overpowered, but maybe not to the extent of instantly defeating Savaris, I'd understand the filth monster, but not Savaris, right?xD

man I'm beat.. wrote too much : D and I'll be giving this show.. probably a 9.. or a 10, I'll take a few minutes to decide xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 22, 2009 10:06 AM

Jun 2008
"In other words, this is only the beginning"
It would suck if it doesn't have a second season. Anyway it was kinda the best way to end it.
Jun 22, 2009 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:

Felli's brother continued to be useless

lolwut? He wasn't useless. Take him out and who will be the one giving the command? It was nice to see him going to abandon Zuellini for the safe of others. What's more is that he was going to risk his life.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Jun 22, 2009 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
Vanze...the team 1 squad captain. He ended up doling out all the tactical responsiblity to him anyways. The only thing that he did was tell Layfon and Felli to crazy things, and that's only because as president he knew about them.
Jun 22, 2009 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
Don't remember which episode but Vanze was praising Karian for his ability in maintaining order and pulling out plans. Vanze is the one that helps Karian with his plans, giving instruction to other military members as well as carrying out orders.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Jun 22, 2009 10:56 AM

Oct 2007
As noteDhero said, He is just the one who makes the final decision since he is at the top and beside that he hasn't done anything that make me feel like he is capable of doing something special. Personally, I would say he is just a person who is capable of doing his job nothing more than that.

As for the series, it reminded of some series where the final episode of the season everything goes back to normal like it was at the beginning of the series. As you can see nothing was losed or gained, everyone go back to their original place and useless people are still useless. All they have to do now is repair the city and we can start the first season all over again, am I right?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 22, 2009 12:22 PM
Jul 2008
Overall the show was great. Story-wose was well but too many plot holes where left half assed explained. Probably gonna be a second season with the way they eneded it. A lot of things were just briefly touched on but never trully explained, hopefully an ova or season two can do that for us, since i really dont want the show to go bad. Art was decent, music was decent.
Jun 22, 2009 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
Zer0_TR said:

I give this show 3/10. (1 point for Felli,1 point for Savaris and 1 point for Queen's sake) other than Story,Action,Soundtracks... = 0
Wait you sit through an entire show and you rate it 3/10? "Normal" people drop a show which they dislike early on. You just told us you spent 24*25min=10hours on something you really, really hate.

The last episode is like a sneak preview for season two. A very crappy sneak preview.
Jun 22, 2009 1:14 PM

Sep 2008
AeonsLegend said:
]Wait you sit through an entire show and you rate it 3/10? "Normal" people drop a show which they dislike early on. You just told us you spent 24*25min=10hours on something you really, really hate.

Why not?
I actually sat through whole Linebarrels of iron stuff, so why not through this?
After all, first episodes were really good, and in hope of better ending many people continued watching. However, better ending didn't come, therefore low rating from some people. Other hope for 2nd season, therefore normal rating.
Jun 22, 2009 2:46 PM

Jul 2008
i wonder if there is going to be a new season i would hate for it to end like this
Jun 22, 2009 4:44 PM

May 2007
krumisimo said:

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing.. Half-expecting Savaris to go "Grind, Pantera!"

Hmm.. Not sure what to make of this series. It was interesting, but I don't think I really get it.
Jun 22, 2009 7:01 PM

Sep 2008
nina4life said:
AeonsLegend said:
]Wait you sit through an entire show and you rate it 3/10? "Normal" people drop a show which they dislike early on. You just told us you spent 24*25min=10hours on something you really, really hate.

Why not?
I actually sat through whole Linebarrels of iron stuff, so why not through this?
After all, first episodes were really good, and in hope of better ending many people continued watching. However, better ending didn't come, therefore low rating from some people. Other hope for 2nd season, therefore normal rating.

i usually am against people watching shows they hate but then again I've been sitting through k-on just to see how much worse it can get.... (expects flaming)
Jun 22, 2009 7:35 PM

Dec 2007
The final episode was ok, I guess, I expected a much better fight scene, it ended so simple, hope there going to be a seconds season since they did leave like a whole bunch of questions.
Jun 23, 2009 6:32 AM

Apr 2008
finally its over xD lols~ not bad a series

Jun 23, 2009 7:35 AM

Jun 2009
mazen said:
The final episode was ok, I guess, I expected a much better fight scene, it ended so simple, hope there going to be a seconds season since they did leave like a whole bunch of questions.

yup, I also expected a 'better' final episode...I think this episode is too fast..
I want second season too..
however, it's only 'the beginning'....^^
Jun 23, 2009 7:37 AM
Aug 2008
Siva said:

As for the series, it reminded of some series where the final episode of the season everything goes back to normal like it was at the beginning of the series. As you can see nothing was losed or gained, everyone go back to their original place and useless people are still useless. All they have to do now is repair the city and we can start the first season all over again, am I right?

No, I think the characters powered up.

Layfon was mostly restricted by his self-blame, and he's lightened up.

Leerin is revealed to be some important guy's daughter with a magic right eye.

Goth chick Saya did magic stuff.

Nina has learned a valuable lesson about the injuries that result from harboring magic goats.

On the down side:
Felli is still not treating Fon-Fon like a boyfriend.
Useless equipment guy is still useless.
Lothario sniper guy is still a player.
Useless Felli's brother is still useless, but fun to watch.

I will agree that the super-powers are a little too overpowered, resulting in rather un-suspenseful fights and some stuff (like sword-surfing) that feels too light-hearted and child-like for an otherwise young-adult harem drama.

This is a show about a fairly realistic love polygon, so I wouldn't call it a normal harem show. Normal harem shows are unrealistic fantasies of losers with lots of girls who want them for no sane reason.

Fon-Fon on the other hand has no more than four girls who are really serious about wanting him, and he's a superstar athlete. Teenage athletics stars frequently have that much female attention in the real world. Ergo, this is *not* a harem show. It's no Cowboy Bebop, but it has a special place in my heart.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ariapokoteng - Apr 18, 2009

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.