Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2009 3:05 PM
Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, what a heartwarming ending.
Jul 15, 2010 4:19 AM

Oct 2008
I thought it was sad. :<

I liked Ray, and thought that he would move on after defeating the claw man and get with Yukino.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 19, 2010 11:22 AM

Sep 2009
I gotta admit I havnt given this anime my full attention >.>
I always watch it when I'm busy.

They way they kept saying OPEN in this epi reminded me of Kaiba's Enemy Controller parody vids XD

Haha Claw Man chose his life over his deam. Go Ray! Enjoy teh afterlife~
Apr 19, 2011 7:53 PM

May 2010
Anitnelav said:
I thought it was sad. :<

I liked Ray, and thought that he would move on after defeating the claw man and get with Yukino.

I know right?! Ray totally should have gotten with Yukiko after all that, but he just had to die. At least he can enjoy the afterlife with Shino.
Dec 14, 2012 2:46 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, such a great end. Yet again it's sad about Ray for sure.

Jan 21, 2013 1:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Thank you Ray. You've been the most intelligent of all these characters. And you managed to finally wipe that stupid superior grin of the Claw's face. I salute you.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 18, 2013 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
Now Ray is a man who knows how to get revenge. I couldn't think of a more fitting punishment than letting him live, deprived of his dream.

As Jafar would say "There are things so much worse than death".
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 14, 2013 4:34 PM
Jan 2013
Marzan said:
Thank you Ray. You've been the most intelligent of all these characters. And you managed to finally wipe that stupid superior grin of the Claw's face. I salute you.

Indeed.
Seeing the Claw with such a horrified look on his face made the episode and redeemed a lot of the tedium of this show.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Mar 2, 2014 3:22 AM

Feb 2013
Aww. I wanted Ray to get his revenge, move on with his life and get together with Yukiko. I guess not. But at least he got something on The Claw.
Mar 27, 2014 8:36 PM
Jun 2013
Its funny he was way more hell bent on killing the claw then van and instead did something els. It was indeed a sad end for him but at least he is back with his wife in the afterlife. It was a nice touch to show the afterlife. I thought the claw was actually going to flip out and show his evil side more when he gave that face since I keep thinking how did this old guy kill anyone. he doesint do much of anything.
Jun 28, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2015
This show could've chosen any other character to kill off and I wouldn't give a damn.

Wendy, Joshua, Carmen, Priscilla, or even Van.

Why did it have to be Ray? WHY?!

Why did it have to be the one character that deserved any shred of sympathy, that had more amazing moments than anyone excluding Van, that had the coolest mecha design ever, that had among the most complex personalities in the show, that was arguably THE fan favorite of the show?

Gun X Sword dropped the ball many, many times but I've never witnessed anything this unforgivable.

Even episode 8 of Gurren Lagann didn't stoop this low...........................
May 31, 2022 4:27 PM

Mar 2013
Damn... I got very attached to Ray and Volcain thanks to Super Robot Wars 30 so I was very interested in how his character was in the anime. He definitely did not disappoint. He's my favorite in the series.

It was obvious he was gonna meet his demise chasing revenge, but I'm glad he managed to at least delay the Claw's plan long enough for Van to fully stop it and he reunited with Shino in the afterlife.

Excellent character. I'll always remember him.
Mar 19, 12:03 PM

Dec 2022
Legends die young, and that proverb holds true to this anime too. The only reason Ray didn't get to kill Claw himself there was because he isn't the protagonist, thus granting Claw plot armour; but at least he got to undermine Claw's plans in the process, and catch a glimpse of him losing his composure for once.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gun X Sword Episode 26 Discussion

formosan - Sep 4, 2008

27 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 19, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Gun X Sword Episode 25 Discussion

cantius - Jun 19, 2009

10 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 19, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Gun X Sword Episode 22 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 15, 2010

10 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Gun X Sword Episode 20 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 15, 2010

12 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 19, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Gun X Sword Episode 19 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 15, 2010

8 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 19, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.