Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2009 8:52 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really disliked the male lead in the first episode but he has completely redeemed himself. How do you feel about him now as opposed to the first episode?
Oct 17, 2009 9:32 AM

Jun 2009
It's wonderful. Very funny, and they are both really nice!
Yes he seemd to be too perfect, I did't like him in the first episode.
But now...they a so real and natural.
And I also like opening and ending songs.
I didn't expect I would like thia anime so much (maybe my opinion will change later, who nows)
May 26, 2010 1:17 PM

Mar 2010
nice episode, she was really worried about her reputation... but love speaks higher i really like this anime. it's such a funny story !!
Jul 5, 2010 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
I love this! haha I knew that the guy was evil too! XD
they are so perfect to each other! perfect couple! :P
Jun 21, 2011 2:31 PM

Apr 2011
before i saw first ep i thought the drawing be better than that and i said I won't see it
but
its so funny make me want to see second ep then decide i'll see it or not
and when i saw second ep i like the anime really second ep much better than first
and it's comic too
so let's waiting what happen in next eps ^_^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jul 11, 2011 11:15 AM

Mar 2011
Oh wow! I was a bit dissappointed in the first episode but now, i don't know what it is. It's really starting to grow on me ;D I'm starting to enjoy the moments those two have together and Arima doesn't bother me as much now. I LOLed when he started chasing her!!
Nov 17, 2011 8:59 PM
Dec 2009
love this episode, forgot much of the story since its been so long since i last watched this.. no wonder i loved it, its refreshing
tag©.androgynous
Feb 9, 2012 12:01 AM

Sep 2011
I have a feeling I'm going to like this Anime. I'm a sucker for romance and I feel this Anime will deliver. :)

Oh and they should seriously make a remastered version of this Anime... my eyes... :(
Apr 15, 2012 3:30 PM
Sep 2011
Loved the scene when he was running after her *w* They are both awesome, totally loved the episode! :)
Jun 16, 2012 3:02 PM

Nov 2011
Those two make such a cute couple...
Apr 21, 2013 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
This is so sweet.
I may have to switch to the subbed version since Yukino's voice is so much more cute in it.

Ps. It's annoying to have 480p episodes that are 230+ MB each even if it is in dual audio. Seriously, I'm used to 720p dual audio episodes that are 100 MB.
Apr 22, 2013 5:13 AM

May 2012
Quite a nice episode, some interesting development with those two and well it seems it will get even more interesting further on their path! Lets find out what happens next!

@RediceRyan

Good, the jap dub is way better than the eng dub!
Nov 29, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2012
I'm glad that they started as friends 1st.. I would really hate it if they started "confessing" to each other. Nice turn of events..
Jul 26, 2014 3:23 PM

May 2014
Insensitive bastard!!!! He blackmailed her just to "talk to her" more like making her do hours of extra homework and his tasks... Aw man, he should have made her do other things. I felt really sorry for that girl getting used. I was glad she stood up for herself in the end. I hate that guy.

And he says he didn't know it was hurting her. Wow.... wtf is this crap. Of course Blackmailing HURTS, especially if you have HOURS of extra work load a day... I hope he learns his lesson!!! GRRRRR
_Dazzle_Jul 26, 2014 3:26 PM
May 26, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
I don't like what he did, if he thought he would be closer to her like this he was an idiot, I liked when he was all kind...
Dec 19, 2015 7:39 AM
Jun 2008
Loved it! Guy completely turned the tables!

Think they're talking about love and crushes and stuff way too soon, though, even for a shoujo...
Dec 20, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2011
Wow. I'm hooked.

I actually thought way early on in the episode that Arima was using the blackmail as an excuse to hang around Yukino and talk to her. I could tell it wasn't mean-spirited. Yukino's development of a crush on him was quite cute as well; she's already taking better care of herself. I like how both of them have shown development in such a short time period.

I had a lot of fun watching this. I hope it stays strong.
Jul 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2015
She liked him even when he reviled hes true nature, however she is un-sure whether he likes her true nature... Good stuff.

Also I was wondering why he didn't want to "hurt" her yet gave her so much homework to do but then I remembered that her rejection probably hurt him a lot.
Jul 30, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I haven't enjoyed a romcom anime this much since Lovely Complex (which is my favorite anime of all time). The pacing and the ratio of comedy to development is perfect. Really loving this show so far and both of the characters are very interesting and dynamic - expecting great things from this.
Aug 19, 2016 11:23 PM

Oct 2012
Well that was a pretty funny episode, the family conversation, the hallway chase xD

A girl is mad at you and you expect a clear answer..
That's clearly imposibble, but this is anime so immediately an answer xD

I like this old anime
"Signature removed"
Oct 18, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2009
Rather liking this show so far. Nothing too special but I feel like it'll get better. Also between this and NGE, I'm really loving the character designs of Hideaki Anno's stuff.
Dec 26, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2016
This episode is focused on Romance rather than in comedy, although this doesn't make it a boring ep, it still has the same funny spirit.

Arima has changed quite a bit, I like him more.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Feb 19, 2017 6:42 AM

May 2014
Aw, too cute! This was the only way he could get closer to her
Feb 23, 2017 9:07 PM

Jul 2015
Those monologues scattered throughout though, amazing. I feel like this anime is walking on the edge and could tip over easily to great or bland, we'll see
Jun 26, 2017 12:39 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, Arima is more cunning than I thought.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2018 7:08 PM

Feb 2013
I'm starting to like this more.

I realized Arima was "using" her an an excuse to be close to her... but being a jerk isn't good. He deserved that slap.

If this was a short OVA, I would probably leave this with a 7/10 with how this episode ended. It had just the right amount of subtlety.
Jun 24, 2019 6:03 PM

Jul 2016
I loved this episode as well. The characters have really good characterization so far, both the guy and the girl. Arima has many layers to him as well. Still liked the OST and the directing. Solid two episodes so far.
Sep 15, 2019 2:28 PM

Aug 2017
Another amazing episode. Anno's direction is so distinct that even a romcom can feel very special. I love all these character introspections and creative funny shots. His use of negative is really interesting too. And of course the trains and traffic lights! The facial expressions are super cute and funny, I'm in such a great mood after watching the episode. And I really love how the relationship between Arima and Yukino progresses.
Feb 15, 2020 9:19 PM
Sep 2017
Interesting premise so far.
Yukino and Arima have some great chemistry on screen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2020 3:33 PM
Jul 2013
Rayl1ght said:
Well that was a pretty funny episode, the family conversation, the hallway chase xD

A girl is mad at you and you expect a clear answer..
That's clearly imposibble, but this is anime so immediately an answer xD

I like this old anime

Too right mate.

I love it. Quite an awful lot happened this ep, I wonder if they can keep up the pace.
As for Arima's dilemna, I think it's natural that people change, when they build an honest relationship, because of the other person, and especially for the other person.
Jan 23, 2021 3:37 PM

Feb 2020
really enjoying this anime so far~

i wonder how their friendship will go though.. and why he likes her hmm

that run though and when was having a whole panic attack then he ran from behind had me dead lol
May 28, 2021 11:58 PM

Jan 2021
Yesterday's 'cliffhanger' ending promises to be good. The metaphorical 'upper hand' kept flipping back and forth between Miyazawa and Arima last episode, but it seems he might have ended up on top. Let's see how this plays out.
* "~ LUCKY Guess I got off easy!" -- hmm, something tells me (maybe it's the fact that this series is 26 episodes) that Miyazawa ain't off the hook yet…
* …yup. Lol.
* Oh shit! Arima's an asshole too! I love this! Why do I love this?
* Oh hm he's like a vindictive asshole. I like that less.
* "You're actually tough and strong, right?" I do like it when heroines are praised for these qualities. At least he recognizes that.
* Oh man people think they're dating. Alexa, play Bonnie Raitt's "Something to Talk About."
* What the hell he makes you his slave and then you fall in love with him?
* "That's right. I'm troubled." Bitch I am troubled too that you only fell for him after he started blackmailing you?!? Well I guess it's better you fall for the real him than the fake him, but if the real him is kinda shitty…
* FUCK yea girl you stand up to him and get what you want from life
* Wait is this all one giant misunderstanding? I guess I did predict this was a comedy of errors so I shoulda seen it coming.
* What's the photo-negative effect supposed to represent or foreshadow? Them seeing previously unknown sides of themselves developing?
It seems to me that we've already covered a significant amount of ground so far in this anime. I feel like more recent anime would've taken, like, two or three episodes to develop the Miyazawa/Arima rivalry and another episode or two to do the blackmailing/resolution arc. Plot-wise I feel like I'm at about episode 6 of a one-cour romcom, and it's only been two episodes of a two-cour. What's left I wonder?
CalmTeaTimeJul 9, 2023 3:44 PM
Aug 18, 2021 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
The first episode was not bad, but this second episode made the series really start to grow on me ^^

I'm interested to see more. I think these two can be really funny and cute!
Jun 23, 2022 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
That was great again. If you keep up a "nice person" image, you're likely to get exploited and used for it (and sometimes in worse instances than was displayed here) and feel worse about yourself and depressed as a result of not receiving the attention you expect you're entitled to
Apr 11, 2023 1:33 AM

Jun 2021
At that point i was expecting that the blackmailing was all in her imagination, but... No. A real petty move honestly, even if it is already resolved and she wasn't 100% innocent to begin with and had a extremely fast speaking confession moment. Her father acting more like a older brother at the supposed news of the daughter having a bf was very unpredictable and also amusing. The ED is probably going to become more and more appreciated, and would have never expected to see it as panning shots into a live action classroom from the late 90's.
Apr 14, 2023 10:56 PM
Jul 2021
excelente esta mierda es buenisima
Jul 24, 2023 4:02 AM
Jul 2021
very good anime but animation is too old i can't bear to watch it
if it gets a remake or reboot i would love to give it a shot for sure
but as things stands no for me
Oct 11, 2023 9:01 PM

Sep 2020
Better than the first episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 3 Discussion

philautia_ - Jun 19, 2009

38 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Oct 21, 2008

69 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 11:18 AM

» Kare Kano

Lilly1x - Feb 8, 2009

2 by mokkocchi »»
Apr 2, 9:41 AM

» Best DVD quality for Kare Kano?!! (Some releases look better than others apparently...?)

LoganJones - Apr 13, 2019

2 by GreatAide »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Does anyone else agree that this anime deserves a remake the most?

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 23, 2022

11 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jan 25, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.