Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2009 4:45 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really enjoyed this episode, Dan's team(Sela with Iceman) is playing against another team(3 exact looking person). I think for Dan to give the ball away to the opponent willingly says it all^^ but unknown to him, these guys have a few tricks up their sleeve.

Both Sela and Dan are chasing an opponent who they both believe is having the ball(it's actually a replica of the real ball that contracts and expands when they need to confuse their opponents). Iceman is the only one who seems composed after all of that. Soichi seems to know the opponent's trick and that surprises the girl(a part of the opponent team) beside him. The opponents are fighting using their brains more than skills and have even calculate how much time they need to score their goal to make is a 1-0 win.

Dan and Sela are confused by everything, it seems that the opponents are wearing wigs and each of them can change between the 3 colours(blue, pink, yellow) making it hard to differentiate them. The last member is having the real ball and is going to score the goal but Iceman show up and intercept the ball. The opponents knows they have to score a goal now as time is running out and as they try to snatch the ball away, Iceman just go with a 'Destroy' ball hitting all 3 of them in a line. Dan retrieve the ball and go for a simple dunk giving his team the win but the town end up quite a mess after the game.

In the meantime, Flora is chatting with Coco while watching the match from high up. Sela went back to her old place and comes out with a picture of her and her mother. James is with Slash at the time and they are met by the members of the Eclipse. Iceman is practicing his ball shot and is met by Falcon, they end up having a conversation as well^^ it seems that everyone is having conversations with each other XD The games are going on for like the whole day even at night, and Dan is met by Rough^^ He keeps on calling her 'Idol Red' instead of her name, which Rouge isn't overly comfortable in and he's having problems pronouncing some words :D Citron and Violette are watching them from a distance, they are confident their team have what it takes to win^^

ShanaFlameJun 18, 2009 6:20 PM
Jun 19, 2009 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
WTF did I just watch there? I've never seen a series take such a sudden and massive nosedive. Direction, character animation, voice acting, story progression all totally trashed. Maybe the new production team is trying to be "cute", but they have failed miserably with their changes.

Episode 12 was exactly the kind of sports anime crap that everyone expected Basquash to be before we saw the first episode. I can't understand at all the reasoning behind the changes. My only guess is that the idiots at Nike Japan demanded more air-time for their shoe designs.

This is such a huge disappointment. The first nine episodes of this series were smart, sassy, fast-paced and full of energy. The series now has totally shot its load. Gawd, I am so glad that I didn't pre-order DVDs for the series.
Jun 21, 2009 1:33 PM
Jul 2008
This episode confused me, Eclipse singing nO limit twice, I wanted them to sing another song so I wouldn't have been confused.

James's OCB is turning into Basquash, allowing all these tricks the magic boys were using. Oh well at least there was a game >_> even though the score was 2-0 Dan winning. I wanted to see a closer match like Eclipse vs Dan, Sela, and Iceman.

Hopefully next week will have a better match than this one.
Jun 23, 2009 7:17 AM

Dec 2007
dbaranyi said:
WTF did I just watch there? I've never seen a series take such a sudden and massive nosedive. Direction, character animation, voice acting, story progression all totally trashed.

What? You didn't see Code Geass R2?

Quickfox said:
Hopefully next week will have a better match than this one.

No, they fired the main director midway through the series, so this is probably going to be the rule from now on.
Jun 24, 2009 5:23 AM

Aug 2008
Is this what you can call filler?
Jun 24, 2009 8:55 AM
Nov 2008
The hell was that? Splitting the episode like they did seemed so unnecessary. I thought the match was pretty good, especially the end, but the entire episode just felt very strangely put together, even without the obvious differences. And wtf Coco? Ultimate Princess? I hate you more every time I see you. Also, I just kinda laughed it off when they started using Nike shoes, but bringing a character in to draw more attention to it, way too blatant.

I hope this episode isn't a sign of things to come...
Thalandor46Jun 24, 2009 9:04 AM
Jun 24, 2009 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Kokujin-kun said:
dbaranyi said:
WTF did I just watch there? I've never seen a series take such a sudden and massive nosedive. Direction, character animation, voice acting, story progression all totally trashed.

What? You didn't see Code Geass R2?
quote]

I bailed out on Code Geass after episode 2, so I guess that i "missed out"... sort of?
Jun 24, 2009 10:21 AM
Sep 2008
Damn. They totally killed basquash. It totally didn't work. I mean wtf? Why the hell did they fire the director in the first place, he was doing an excellent job in my opinion. I hate to say this but it looks like it's going to be going downhill at this rate. I really liked this series at the start. Episode 12 just totally... obliterated it. Sorry guys if i offend anyone but this is all just me getting mad at them. Just so. Pissed.
weeweesJun 24, 2009 10:27 AM
Jun 24, 2009 10:47 AM

Aug 2007
Series got killed, stomped and sucked every good thing about it.

RIDICULOUS episode.

And WTF was that black DJ all about? FAILBOAT!
Jun 24, 2009 10:55 AM

Sep 2008
this confessed me .. basquash former director!!! please return!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 24, 2009 2:35 PM

Jul 2008
lol first half was ok.. magic in basketball O.O
second half was like - ah just throw w.e in there also long as the episode is 20 mins long LOL

well next week's match looks interesting XD
Jun 24, 2009 2:44 PM

Nov 2008
ClearSinz said:
second half was like - ah just throw w.e in there also long as the episode is 20 mins long LOL

But who gives a sh t about the matches? If this just becomes "yet another" sports anime than it will just be one big fail!
Jun 24, 2009 2:47 PM

May 2009
Don't know what everyone is tripping out about; this seemed like a typical Basquash episode - with the exception of the episode being sorta split. Had there been a better segue for the two halves and no one knew about the Director change, I doubt anyone would be complaining,

The plot is progressing, we're seeing some brief moments of the player's past, and there was a decent match of Basquash - seriously what more are people looking for from this show?

I thought it was a decent episode; I liked the first match and we're getting hints at an end game from the League President, plus we got some flashbacks of some yet unknown character that ICE knew back in the day. This episode was packed with all kinds of stuff; the team is getting new shoes from NIKE, Sela went back home for the first time since she's been in the city, and the city itself is all jacked up from the games.

One episode that some people didn't like and they're talking nosedives, fillers and death.
Jun 24, 2009 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
dvice said:
Don't know what everyone is tripping out about; this seemed like a typical Basquash episode - with the exception of the episode being sorta split. Had there been a better segue for the two halves and no one knew about the Director change, I doubt anyone would be complaining,

The plot is progressing, we're seeing some brief moments of the player's past, and there was a decent match of Basquash - seriously what more are people looking for from this show?

I thought it was a decent episode; I liked the first match and we're getting hints at an end game from the League President, plus we got some flashbacks of some yet unknown character that ICE knew back in the day. This episode was packed with all kinds of stuff; the team is getting new shoes from NIKE, Sela went back home for the first time since she's been in the city, and the city itself is all jacked up from the games.

One episode that some people didn't like and they're talking nosedives, fillers and death.

So agreed. One episode of Basquash doesn't determine the outcome of the rest of the series.

Though I thought breaking this episode into two halves was unnecessary. They could have just made it one big episode consisting of two parts. Instead of showing the OP and ED twice. >_>
Jun 24, 2009 5:27 PM

Jul 2008
dbaranyi said:
ClearSinz said:

But who gives a sh t about the matches? If this just becomes "yet another" sports anime than it will just be one big fail!

Well i do O.O
first time watching an anime with mecha playing basketball O.O

and bout it being split into 2 parts i agree 100% that it was unnecessary
Jun 24, 2009 6:53 PM

Aug 2007
The director needs to do something great to make me actually keep watching this. This episode just destroyed the last 11 in my opinion, although they were not great they were entertaining...

From a solid 7 it passed to a 3 1/2 or a 4.
Jun 24, 2009 7:26 PM

May 2009
Overall, I liked the episode. At the same time, it was subpar compared to the earlier episodes. Basically it was good, but not great. The 2 mini episode format wasn't a good idea though I did enjoy the second opening. A little concerned with the new team? Yes, a little. But I plan to stay the course on this one and I do expect the next episode to pick up a bit.
Jun 24, 2009 10:30 PM

Aug 2008
I'm so surprised some of you expect so much from a series that has nothing in the way of interesting characters or novel story, and is full of product placement and fan service to fill out the episodes. That said, this was a wretched episode. One of the worst structured that I've ever seen. They could have put all the basquash stuff and the extra stuff (Dan and Rouge, Iceman and Falcon, Sela and her memories) in two totally different episodes and probably had a much better outcome. This was just padded out with laziness and fluff that I'm more than baffled. But the cgi is so irresistibly pretty...

And that monologue in the beginning was ghastly.
Jun 24, 2009 11:06 PM

May 2008
ok i totally did not expect this to happen, nooooo basquash

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 24, 2009 11:16 PM

May 2009
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2009 3:37 AM

Feb 2009
Epd wasn't that bad per say, but it wasn't great either. First off, the whole "magic in basketball" thing just didn't cut it for me. Maybe I'm spoiled, but it's because of how good the action actually was previous epds. In comparison to that, this epd felt sluggish and slow. And it didn't help how it ended so quickly to get in a semi-filler all in one epd. Expectations coming into this epd were somewhat high, and after watching it I too, am kinda disappointed.

Dan/Rouge arguments always deliver, however. :3
Jun 25, 2009 4:14 AM

Apr 2008
ok episode bah ... kinda funny

Jun 25, 2009 6:31 AM

Jun 2009
the first question in my mind when watching this episode : I didn't watch the wrong 'basquash!', did I??
The opening, Eclipse's No Limit is cut!! and the episode is split into two part!! s**t!

although the 2nd opening is cute..
Jun 25, 2009 7:32 AM

May 2009
dvice said:

Exactly.

I really enjoyed this episode... What's eveyone going on about;? >.<

First there was an awesome monologue about the creation of the world which was really neat. We got a decent Basquash match with a different direction, including magic. It's not like every match from now on will be like this so what are you complaining about? I found it to be pretty funny.

The plot is advancing etc etc.. Whatever, I don't have to go over it again. I agree with dvice completely.

I didn't find anything particulary wrong with the animation. In fact, it was a good improvement over last episode's character animation.
Jun 25, 2009 8:46 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
But the cgi is so irresistibly pretty...
LOL WHAT!?
Are you watching this anime for that purpose alone?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 25, 2009 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty much. I think I said it from almost the beginning that I wasn't fond of any of the characters and that the plot was quite obvious, so really, all it is is Satellite's awesome polish in the environments and (sometimes) animation.

I mean look at the towns and that moon. It's all way too gorgeous for me to drop. I'm pretty much only watching this to see all of the new cities and especially the moon.
Jun 25, 2009 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
Wait... by the word "moon", which one of them do you mean? the twin moon or the floating one? J/K

Well, I am pretty much the same as you more or less.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 25, 2009 10:38 AM

Aug 2008
If by twin moon you mean the boobs...you should already know the answer to that one. LOL
Jun 25, 2009 11:18 AM

Apr 2008
Dont you all understand?
The last Director was fired FOR THIS and the next episodes probably..

Are you stupid or do you really think the episode was made last week?

The last Ep had some Problems already and in the middle of this Episode it got really annoying.. Also it seems that the money went out, cause the animation quality was really bad in many scenes.

So what now? I think the next two eps might be even worse, cause the director got fired and the team got reorganized.. i think this might also be a problem of cash.

After that, lets hope the new one, that was put into work after the first half, or maybe only in the last quarter? gets it better to the basquash quality they had in the beginning.
Jun 25, 2009 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
I think most people understand. A couple of people were confused, but no one (myself included) bothered to correct them.

Personally, I'm glad that Satelight is having these problems. I hope they'll think twice about sinking so much money into a project like this when the money could have been better spent on Guin Saga.
Jun 25, 2009 11:43 AM

Feb 2008
shuffleair said:
dvice said:

So agreed. One episode of Basquash doesn't determine the outcome of the rest of the series.

Though I thought breaking this episode into two halves was unnecessary. They could have just made it one big episode consisting of two parts. Instead of showing the OP and ED twice. >_>

I couldn't agree with the both of you more. Splitting it was unnecessary, but I feel that people are exaggerating the changes. The plot, character design and voice acting was all the same. :/ why the bitching?
Jun 25, 2009 11:57 AM

Aug 2008
Exactly, it is the same. I just think it took the episode (a deconstruction of the show, if you will) to show some of the people that at it's heart, it's just pretty.

Kind of like when you see Jessica Alba in a movie.
Jun 25, 2009 1:44 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hm, decent episode I suppose. It felt very different from the previous 11 episodes (yeah I know why, stfu) but I still laughed a bit. Hope the next one will be better again.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 25, 2009 1:51 PM

Feb 2008
Not a bad episode but weird.
Found the commercials kinda funny. >:
Jun 25, 2009 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
I wonder if they were trying to make it like how you watch a basketball game in real life with the commercials and breaks? Oh well. Anyway it seems like Basquash team may lose to the Idols. That would be interesting but where would the series go from there?

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jun 25, 2009 3:24 PM

Jun 2008

Oh that so fits the situation :P
- TAH

"Even those with fortitude have joints."
Jun 25, 2009 10:43 PM

Jul 2008
Oh yeah, just a random note. I was watching Basquash episode 12 again and what is up with Iceman's leg at 18:56? It looks like one leg is vastly bigger than the other leg. Or is he just standing in an awkward position that makes it look like one leg is larger than the other?
Jun 26, 2009 1:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
shuffleair said:
Oh yeah, just a random note. I was watching Basquash episode 12 again and what is up with Iceman's leg at 18:56? It looks like one leg is vastly bigger than the other leg. Or is he just standing in an awkward position that makes it look like one leg is larger than the other?
Don't think that's a mistake on the animators' part. He must be wearing something underneath but I couldn't figure out what. Looks weird indeed.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 26, 2009 6:06 AM

Feb 2009
So who thinks the moon is gonna fall down on Termina, I mean Earthdash, in 3 days?
Jun 26, 2009 6:15 AM

Aug 2008
Haha!
A little Majora's Mask definitely wouldn't hurt.
Jun 26, 2009 9:10 AM

Feb 2008
When i watched the first few minutes of this episode, I actually assumed that I opened the wrong video and that it was from another anime..

The Moon's gonna fall, the commercials were weird and I'm only caring about the minor details in this episode. Losing whatever interest i had in Basquash! if this trend keeps up..
Jun 27, 2009 12:27 AM

Apr 2008
I kinda liked the episode, I didn't think it was as bad as some people are saying. The splitting it in half was unnecessary though. Hope next weeks better.
noteDhero said:
Haha!
A little Majora's Mask definitely wouldn't hurt.

That would be awesome, all the moon needs to do is lose its prettiness and grow a very freaky face on it.

Breath||
Jun 27, 2009 4:04 PM

Apr 2008
It's like they didn't know what to do so they added something of everything in it.
I guess it's forgivable considering there's a new director, but if they really do not want this to fail miserably, they'll need to do something about it.

I started reading a book during the second part, that's how disinterested I was.
The story just leaps from one place to the next, and i'm starting to wonder if they ever wrote a script for the anime beforehand.
Jun 27, 2009 4:39 PM

Aug 2008
These episodes are still under the original director.
Jun 27, 2009 5:22 PM

Apr 2009
dbaranyi said:
ClearSinz said:

But wait is it NOT a sports anime? is basketball not a sport?

I did think this episode sucked, i expected more because of the buildup of the last episode. Oh well onto the next, hopefully it gets better^^

Jun 27, 2009 10:56 PM

Dec 2007
This episode confuses me out of where, but I just learned that director was fired for some reason. The current director decided to put stupid commercial, which was pointless. Despite this one, I enjoyed a bit. Need more Rouge screentime.
Jun 30, 2009 3:39 AM
Jun 2009
I didn't understand this episode.... That was really strange like gameoffreak8, I was confused!

And why, get pub in this episode? 0_0
Hi!
Jun 30, 2009 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
noteDhero said:
These episodes are still under the original director.

Makes it even stranger, considering the sudden change in set-up.
Although it might explain why he was fired in the first place.
Jul 29, 2009 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
nice sleight of hand, very impressive strategy, but they lost anyways though they're manager still won money.
so i wonder what is the "thing" rouge was supposed to talk to dan about?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 1, 2009 12:09 PM

Mar 2008
lol @ OP and ED in the middle of the episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 13 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

37 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 11 Discussion

Quickfox - Jun 11, 2009

28 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lueser - Oct 1, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 10 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 5, 2009

39 by Archean-Return »»
May 29, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 25 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2009

24 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.