Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2012 1:09 AM
Apr 2012
Ok, how the hell did Keita DIE!! wtf hes only a grandfather, he should only be in his 40 or 50s, those grandchildren of his are only like 5 years old!

That and is Keita a fucking idiot? Im not rooting for anyone in particular, but why Akane? she says she betrayed him to save him, but didnt she basically kill him at one point, or atleast think she did? Why in the hell would you hook up with a women who not only betrayed you, but supposedly "killed" you at one point? lol wtf.
Aug 24, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2010
soo to stop the curse kuro had to go back to the holy land? so why didnt keita visit!? man sad ending make this guy really depressed...
Dec 9, 2012 6:34 PM
Jul 2012
Trav644 said:
Ok, how the hell did Keita DIE!! wtf hes only a grandfather, he should only be in his 40 or 50s, those grandchildren of his are only like 5 years old!
dude my mother is in her 60s and doesnt hae grandchildren yet
Dec 16, 2012 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
Trav644 said:

That and is Keita a fucking idiot? Im not rooting for anyone in particular, but why Akane? she says she betrayed him to save him, but didnt she basically kill him at one point, or atleast think she did? Why in the hell would you hook up with a women who not only betrayed you, but supposedly "killed" you at one point? lol wtf.

For the first part wasn't it because he burned through a lot of Terra while still a sub? Or did he stop being a sub after getting marks on both his hands? Idk, it's the only reason I can think of him getting older much faster (or maybe they just wanted to do a bittersweet ending)
Coldbid said:
soo to stop the curse kuro had to go back to the holy land? so why didnt keita visit!? man sad ending make this guy really depressed...

Yeah that was a really sad ending, maybe it's the way Kuro said "thank you my beloved Contractee" that really got to me.
Apr 24, 2013 12:42 PM
Dec 2010
Yeah as many stated all those recycled scenes were wasting of the screen time.they should have rather concentrate on what happened after because it wasn't bad without recyclings.
Overall very good show 8/10
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Aug 8, 2013 4:11 AM

Jun 2008
e_e.....it was an ok ending.....i guess it was impossible for kuro and keita to be together T-T Those flashback should have been revealed much earlier not at the last ep ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2008
I'm not used to watch the opposite gender as punchbag in some fight scenes but that's just me. And sometimes I wonder why no ones has guns in the first place, why do they have to fist fight? This isn't Street Fighter O.o The plot was mostly predictable and the syncro transformation was used too many times imo. The only good thing was the fighting scenes with the cool background music :P Based only for the action I will give this a 8/10 instead 7/10.
Apr 24, 2014 5:50 PM

Oct 2013
it feel unrealistic for me that Keita finish with akane honestly. i didnt hate the ending, but we have not even seen one time keita feeling for akane, for me its was more a unrequited love that a true love between both, i would just have prefer that Keita finish with kuro( at least its was more real), but yeah its was not a bad serie though

p.s 7/10 and the episode was pretty a waste of time, except the end
Jun 4, 2014 11:45 PM

Sep 2013
This series was... waaaaaay better than I had expected! Holy hell. I should buy this!

Or not since Amazon doesnt have any in stock... goddammit.
Jun 22, 2015 4:57 PM
Jun 2015
But at the end Sawamura sad that the Doppelliner System is destroyed, but there are still other systems. Which systeam are these which Sawamura said?
Jul 11, 2015 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
There were many problems with this series but at least there were fights unlike SnS which was basically two girls fighting for one boy.
As for ending while I do agree it was a waste of time showing recaps in last episode but still I liked the last scenes and the fact they went for better ending. It still sucks for not having a kuro x keita kiss scene.
6/10
Aug 2, 2015 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
For most of its part, the last episode was an offering of closure.

I'm content of the result of Keita endeding up with Akane. They deserve each other since it's been them all along from the beginning. It's only because of the things that happened around them that their ever growing relationship had to take a detour.

The Keita & Kuro pairing was only really good when it comes to combat. Their synchro even in its deepest connection/level they attained were formed only in combat. Their feeling for each other can be ascertained to comrades in arms who through many battles develop a sense of duty and loyalty of watching over each other. It is usually not romantic but more like a deep mutual respect and care for each others welfare.
Other than that Keita longed to see Akene when she was missing and so was Akane towards Keita. Kuro knew of that that's why she choose to separate herself from Keita aside from the fact her being around means more innocent lives will be wasted. Kuro had to go so that Keita can live a normal full life with Akane. She cannot make a selfish decision like ask or take Keita to where she belongs. If Keita really loved Kuro he would've chosen to come with her when she was stepping out the door for the last time leaving Akane.

I can understand a lot of fans for a Keita x Kuro to happen but from where I see it:
I see nothing romantic between them so having them pair up in the end would make no sense at all. Kuro maybe an ancient being ageless with no way to determine her age yet she's still a kid in our eyes: Innocent and yet to develop.
Keita is already mature and knows a lot about the world. Akane also. She for most parts knows Keita and understands him almost completely which means she'll be very patient with him. Akane is very beautiful and well developed both inside and out so who wouldn't want to be with someone who is in a "my waifu" level.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 8, 2015 11:32 PM
Jun 2014
Well that's fucked up. People may like them but I can't stand sad endings like this.
Mar 20, 2016 6:24 AM

Feb 2013
the first episode was hype. i wish the tone and fights were as good as that throughout.

unfortunately, everything after that was downhill. i wanted to drop it when i saw keita and his stupid face staring while kuro was getting her ass kicked every episode.

things picked up though once he got "powers" and stopped being a useless coward. i'm glad the plot shifted too. 70% of it was focused on the doppeliner nonsense with that annoying brat and his ever smiling face. ugh.

i'd say i liked a third of the anime plot wise. there was some good music and fights too, and i liked a few of the characters on both sides. (<3 Nam)

i didn't see the plot twist with the brother coming, so that redeemed the "story" for me. what i totally did see coming was the teraexe attack though. as overused as the synchro stuff was, it was somewhat endearing to see that at the ending.

it was messy in a bunch of places but i enjoyed it.
ZobaMar 20, 2016 6:29 AM
May 2, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2014
Inescapable Fate . A retake on their first meeting .
Love that cherished through the years of support .
Perfect episode ~ <3 .

Fate . "Developments of events beyond a person's control." It may be or not .
The Complexity of plot has far exceeded my expectations . It was splendid .
But the 'blend' of the genres was not able to hold its potential to be--in greater odds--a marvelous adaptation because of Inconsistency . Nonetheless , The ending was good to be satisfying but It has bitterness . Might read the Manga :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2017 8:46 PM
Nov 2015
I think that final episode was good. But if you decided not to watch all the episodes watch only this episode xD so you can Save a lot of time only with this chapter xD
Sep 9, 2017 8:05 AM
Feb 2016
The series is very good ... But the ending is unnecessary at all ... They don't have to show me that he died ... Damn

I rate it 9/10
Feb 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Apr 2009
sad. sad. sad.
At least Keita lived a happy life. :')
Mar 28, 2020 12:45 AM

Nov 2013
Terrible ending. I hate endings like that. Kuro was fighting along Keita all the time, went through a lot and at the end she just said "I leave now bye bye" and went to holy land to seal herself away while Keita married that older idiot.... I feel really sorry for Kuro. That's not fair.
Jan 18, 2022 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
Recap/10
What a way to have your finale
Kurokami as a series started strong but it's no Zegapain.
Kuro took lots of beatings but in the end she always stood up and solved everything with megaexe
I honestly would have preferred Sawamura having a cliffhanger bait + credit roll in episode 22 without the sour taste of ep 23 recap. Somewhere in the middle of the series it felt as if they made asspulls for the sake of having a prolonged story with new villains created by misunderstandings.
Oct 25, 2022 7:44 PM
Dec 2021
From which chapter should i read manga of this after watching this show?
Aug 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Dec 2022
What a fucking kick in the teeth. The gall this anime has to make its last episode a recap episode of all things. It proceeds to reveal that Keita married Akane, of all people? This treacherous bint was jumping Reishin's bones and trying to kill both Reita and Kuro a few episodes ago, and not once did she apologise for it. I could understand that Keita didn't actually have any real romantic interaction with Kuro, so her leaving for the Pure Land was a fair course of events, but Akane's romantic interactions with Keita were lopsided on her part. Even Keita ending up single would've been more satisfying than this insult to my viewing.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 29, 2009

31 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.