Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jan 6, 2014 6:58 PM
Nov 2013
Awesome series, 9/10 from me. Didn't blow me away but was extremely entertaining all the way through, had a great plot, great characters, and great art. Hopefully the movies will wrap up what few questions I have left.
Jan 20, 2014 10:19 PM

May 2013
So... why and how did the prostitute become an angel again? Magic phone is the only possible answer?
Feb 3, 2014 11:17 PM

Nov 2009
kuuurt said:
Kind of disappointed. Pantsu's still alive, we didn't see #10's or #1's reactions. We didn't get to know who Mr. Outside was. It's kind of like they're forcing us to watch the movies.

What I liked: the insert song was amazing, it fit the mood. Saki's last line was awesome. Well... that's about it.

Series: 4.5/10. 2.5 points on how it was executed, 2 points for my enjoyment.

Says the guy that gave Yuru Yuri an 8, hah. Go finger your crusty idolm@ster pillow.
ayoCrumbsFeb 3, 2014 11:24 PM
Fear is the mind killer.
Feb 14, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
What a weird ending... I liked it though. I was wrong on pretty much everything in my last post xD

It felt really surealist, with him ''shooting'' against those missile.

That N°10 got really fucked up by Mononobe.

It was hilarious when the tried to infiltrate the NEETs :P

The only thing that I'm deceived from the entire season is Saki. From the beginning to the end, she didn't have that interresting personnality. It's almost like I didn't want to knew more about her because she was boring me. Compared to Takizawa charism, she was really weak... But she still had her moment, I didn't hate her, don't get me wrong.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 14, 2014 6:17 PM
Dec 2013
I wish there was a second season.
Mar 11, 2014 3:54 AM

Oct 2013
i dont even....
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 17, 2014 12:25 AM

Jan 2014
I like the fact there are the
movies, because I love the
anime....There were times I
thought it may not be worth
watching anymore, but I am
glad I've watched it anyway.
Mar 23, 2014 9:31 PM

Sep 2013
Lol at the NEETs just chillin in the bar while naked :P

"No, no, no, nooo!" Her face :P

So he became King XD
Mar 31, 2014 5:30 PM
Mar 2014
One of the few things I didn't like about the series was that the whole time it was teasing us with romance between Takizawa and Saki. I know it's not supposed to be one but still.
AccountKiller
Apr 1, 2014 5:51 AM

Aug 2013
BANG! That was awesome, I thoroughly enjoyed it :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 15, 2014 12:42 AM
Feb 2014
This is one of the animes I've watched with almost no plot holes in any of it, gotta give it 9/10. Would of been a 10/10 if they manage to include the rest of the cell phone users rather than the selective 4. Guessing it'd make more sense to have another 14 episodes to get the max use of the plot and characters but the movie seems like it'll end it fine enough.
Apr 19, 2014 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
Now I have to see the movies. Pretty amazing series :D 9/10
Apr 21, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
Dafuq. What about the rest of Selecaos ?
Apr 21, 2014 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
Kyouraku-san said:
Dafuq. What about the rest of Selecaos ?

Movies.
Apr 29, 2014 2:20 AM

Feb 2013
Bang.

Very good episode and also had lots of laughs too. It didn't end very well but it did leave it great start for the movies. I guess its time for the movies! Also Pants is alive! He's in a hospital.
May 3, 2014 7:08 PM

Apr 2014
The OST here was pretty awesome imo
Prince? =O
Yay Pantsu survived lol, he was such a fun character
Jun 13, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2013
I'm a bit disappointed. The show in the first few episodes had such promise. Sadly i don't think it reached it's potential. This is partially due to the short duration of the series and trying to cram things in. Yes it will get resolved with the movies, which for the entirety of the series is a good thing, but the actual season 1 suffers a bit as a result. There are also to many unexplained things left hanging, which on the plus side leaves some mystery for the movies, but also exacerbates the feeling of incompleteness present in season 1.

There are also a fair amount of illogical things transpiring, such as the status and actions and timing of the Neets, rendering them little more than pawns or dolls, which adds insult to injury. There is also some annoying misdirection like the "death" of the awesome Panties, and his illogical survival, which feels cheapened when we get a 5 second clip showing that he is alive..

Lastly the "romance", which had sooo much potential early, if only with the awesome initial chemistry and pleasant atmosphere surrounding Akira and Saki, largely disappeared and wasn't actualized.

As much as i didn't want to dislike Ohsugi, i can't help but think that he was a pretty poor character, that was too vindicative and petty to be likable. Even considering the sympathy he should earn due to being friend zoned with no hope for recovery, he seems to go out of his way to make the viewers dislike him.

Still even with some issues, the series is quite strong, and is likely a top 50 anime of all time.

9/10, wish i could have retained my 10/10 initial rating early, but alas it slipped.
SlickDAug 13, 2014 2:32 AM
Jul 19, 2014 6:46 PM

Oct 2013
So yeah, this anime was utterly amazing. It was just entirely thrilling, suspenseful, hilarious at points but never enough to make the thrilling nature of it feel disjointed, and, perhaps most of all, hard to soak in. There's still questions left unanswered (who is the supporter, etc.), but there's also things I don't get from earlier on in the series. For example, when the "johnny hunter" escaped and created some "three step" illusion or something rather... I have no idea what that was about or what that even caused, other than for her to gain wings and fly away (which makes very little sense alone).

I feel like I really need to rewatch this series to make more sense of it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 29, 2014 2:34 AM
Jul 2014
While I do feel the first season could have been more actualized in terms of both Romance and Character Development(If there were even 2 episodes to showcase both of those developing I think the show might've been better off.) it wasn't bad in any way.
Some characters felt somewhat hollow, I hope they fix that in the movies.
I thought the pacing was slow but generally worked out in the end.
I also felt Panties being alive was kind of dumb, not that any character's better off dead, it just ruined his whole death scene...
The ending has me intrigued though, I have a feeling the movies will be pretty good ^^
8.5/10.
My favourite scenes were the scenes with Kuroha, and the #4 guy who shot the first bang using Juiz's help.
Saki and Takizawa are a nice couple, like the other chars I feel they need some more rounding in the movies.
Jul 31, 2014 11:33 PM

Sep 2013
That ending was a bit abrupt but at least a lot of mysteries are already explained. I like this series 8/10. Going to watch the movie sequel next.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 13, 2014 2:13 AM
May 2014
just bad anime 4/10
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Aug 20, 2014 6:06 AM

Feb 2013
That was awesome!!!!!!

I had plans on going to bed when I started this show.....I still need to go to bed, but I think I'm going to watch the first movie before I do that.

9/10

I kind of want to give it a 10.....I might.......
Aug 27, 2014 10:32 PM

Oct 2013
epicccccc
epic last episode of the tv series OMG amzing i bet that cab driver who dropped off the girls was mr outsider maybe???
lmao them 20,000 naked neets XD this show
ending was cute two when he was holding her
9/10 for me
[/quote]
Oct 29, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2009
I would be more happier if the romance here was a bit bigger, but it was really good, he was really a prince huh? hehe
Gotta download the movies!
7/10
Nov 20, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
Wow epic anime, not gonna lie, I just felt a bit confused with the fast pacing, but hopefully the movies will take care of that. I enjoyed it a lot, 9/10 :)
Nov 21, 2014 12:22 AM
Nov 2013
I dont understand that noise from the phone and why he put the phone into her pocket. What I dont get is also how so many of the comments here seem to know what was going on. When were the clues dropped?
Dec 20, 2014 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
LOL. Ok. So, What/Who is this Johnny they keep talking about?
They keep referring Johnny to a lot of stuffs.
Dec 20, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Sigh* One of those watch the movies to find out what happens next. I FUCKING HATE IT when anime does this like seriously !
Dec 28, 2014 10:47 AM

Jan 2012
the ending was cool.I saw he give his phone to her. time to watch movie. great short anime 8/10

Jan 30, 2015 4:32 PM

Nov 2012
modsoulz said:
LOL. Ok. So, What/Who is this Johnny they keep talking about?
They keep referring Johnny to a lot of stuffs.

Yeah, exactly.

Overall 9/10. Really enjoyed it, even though the romance part was kinda weak.
Mar 9, 2015 4:14 AM
Mar 2015
I totally agree with you Shaikan! I was definitely hoping for a big kiss or romantic gesture at the end!

They had such a connection, but there was only one quick kiss in the entire series! I'm hoping the movies make up for the lack of romance ! But I still enjoyed the show anyways!

There is something special about not getting everything u want in one dose! (:
Mar 13, 2015 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
I feel like the show could've easily gotten much better if they had put out more episodes, more indept regarding some of the other #'s
Im guessing I'm going to see some of it in the movies.

From the start the show really had me going and keeping me interested.

9/10
Apr 6, 2015 5:32 PM

Jan 2014
It was good...Yay,pants is alive. :D
Apr 30, 2015 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
Great ending, still wanted more closure but I guess that's what the movies are for.

''Bang''.

Jun 9, 2015 5:50 PM

Jul 2007
I guess it was good. There was no closure but that is what movies are for (I hope).
All in all we learned what Selecao are and what kind of game they are playing but nothing else. Not even all of them or what their goals are or anything. Aside from that the animation was good same goes for the OST. And that OP <3 Time for the movies!
Jul 27, 2015 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
So he again erased his memory :O I wonder how much money he had spent in this last episode. What if he really spent all? Does it mean he won or lost? But then that other guy said Japan is still not saved s game continues or not. If it does he lost all money and will die, if he won then why he erased his memory again...
Akira can't become real king/prince of Japan if he spent so much money to save country and got not much left. Maybe king of this application Eden then?
He also gave the phone to Saki...
Who will be killed by that taxi driver?:D That old taxi driver who was driving girls to this mall of the naked was for sure Outside :D

damn too many question

At least Pantsu is alive :o but I still wonder why number 10 in OP is removed same as dead 4 and 5? He was removed in 4 or 5 episodes even if he still live and got funds... why?

I hope there is some continuation of the story I saw there are some movies so I hope its something new not other version of same story.

Anyway I liked this anime and story and nice background animation. OP/ED was nice but not the best as some say. Japanese VA were ok same goes for English VA (at least first 2 episodes). I normally don't like English VA ;)
Thyriad-oPPailovJul 27, 2015 4:07 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 28, 2015 8:00 AM

Jan 2014
SO CONFUSED BUT I LOVE IT
Jan 5, 2016 10:39 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, a lot of things happen at the end. I don't know what Saki can do with the phone. Higashi no Eden wasvery good, so far.
Now I need to watch the movie ! :)
Jan 16, 2016 1:10 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty nice final episode. Atleast the fat NEET survived! He was funny.

Gonna give it a 5/10, first ~7 ep weren't really interesting and most of the characters were pretty bland and boring, but the last 2 episodes were quite nice and answered the mysteries well.
Feb 29, 2016 9:29 PM

Dec 2012
The King of Japan? A prince? Oh boy, with a dozen questions racing through my mind about that ending it looks like I'm going to have to hit up the movies ASAP.

As for Higashi no Eden thus far, certainly a unique experience. It has a very bizarre yet charming atmosphere. The entire concept is both wacky and captivating. Akira is nothing short of eccentrically hilarious and I really like his and Saki's interactions. It's really interesting how balances the thrill of this Selecao game with a seemingly calm, easy going pace with the members of Eden. It's also very well put together, with minimal cringeworthy moments despite the heavy use of CGI. I also really like the character designs, they're very light and easy on the eyes.

And of course, it's Johnny galore. Seriously, this had me cracking up all throughout. Especially with those white blurs covering up for them. "It's okay, they're only interested in 2D." Lol'd even harder when Ohsugi stumbled into Saki and Mittan, poor guy will never get a break. But at least he still has his Johnny. That is the most important part, thank the heavens Johnny is still there.

I'm going to refrain from scoring until I get the big picture, but right now I'm seeing this as an 8, possibly 9 if the movies really deliver.
Mar 22, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2014
This was way better than I expected it to be

The pacing was relatively slow at the beginning and the characters were a bit underdeveloped but other than that I was pleasantly surprised

I'm looking forward to the movies

8/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 31, 2016 7:53 PM
Jan 2015
That was unexpected. Dat ending was Neet. i loved it!
Jun 29, 2016 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
It was weird, not everything make sense, not everything was explained, but I really liked it, and I loved it even more at the beginning of the series. I adore the main duo a lot, I wish something would come out of it, despite what I heard about the movie 2 ending.

I didn't really like how they handled the main characters though in the second half, half their dialogues were cringe-worthy generic reaction you would expect from many other anime, and it was also annoying, especially on Saki's part. I am not so much a fan of Akira's voice, his voice sometimes didn't hit the right note, and then it just felt weird.

This show also tends to skip a lot of details and just leave us viewers lost. I personally don't mind it a lot but it would've been better if they had all the time in the world to show us everything, but alas, it's only 11 episodes long.

Gonna leave this with a 9 because of the fantastic first half.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 8, 2016 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
A dialogue-heavy and captivating anime, which let you guessing until the end.

Hooray for Pantsu!
The ending was different than I expected, but somehow fitting, I wonder what they want to show us in the movies. Probably about Mr. Outside and Akira's new position in this nation.

Saki had a weaker role in the last few episodes, but that was to be expected, since it's all about Akira and his plan to stop the missiles.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think it's good that they don't pressured the romance too much.

Overall good presentation, nice animation and a lot of references to the pop culture made it an enjoyable watch.

Definitely going to rewatch this in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2016 12:03 PM

Feb 2015
Yay, Pants was still alive at the end.
I feel they probably could've used a little more time for the end, but it was still good.

Also, lol at saying those NEETs were probably only into 2D. Too bad for them they're in an anime, though. :D
Nov 2, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2016
Yay pants is alive, but the ending was very anticlimactic.
Jan 22, 2017 2:51 PM
Dec 2014
That ending to the season was pretty good. I liked the idea that he wasn't some mastermind and instead collectively the NEETs really saved the day.

I feel the romance was a bit forced and I feel like it could have done better without it.
Mar 17, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2016
Honestly, “Higashi no Eden” left a bad taste in my mouth. I could not get into the plot and did not understand the purpose of the mission. I could not appreciate the concept of sacrificing innocent lives for a questionable game. The poor palette of the show did not agree with me either. Moreover, I did not like how Umino Chika’s character designs were handled by Production I.G (especially compared to currently airing “3-gatsu no Lion” by Shaft).
Mar 29, 2017 9:16 PM

Sep 2015
This is the true power of NEETs! It is now proven that us,NEETs are useful.
Apr 7, 2017 3:45 PM

Mar 2017
I have mixed feelings :((((((

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Bakayaro - Apr 23, 2009

201 by Skorobagatio »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.