MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Second Season of Queen's Blade Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
Pages (3) -1.4 -0.4 [0.6] 1.6 2.6 » ... Last »
06-17-09, 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
This is the best news I've heard all week, dunno why people are so bummed out. If life gives you lulz make lulzmonade.
 
06-17-09, 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
Crappy show? April Fools? How far are your heads up your @$$es because last time I checked a show with a FANBASE history even if it is only a couple years is still much far greater than any original animes from this season. So instead of filling this thread with "NOoo" and other derogatory comments, make another topic somewhere and cry about it there. faggots

*i rage because i got pissed from the "no more shana" from announcement of season 3 and now u have idiots saying negative things about this anime too* DIAF
 
06-17-09, 8:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 184
Loverhina said:
Crappy show? April Fools? How far are your heads up your @$$es because last time I checked a show with a FANBASE history even if it is only a couple years is still much far greater than any original animes from this season. So instead of filling this thread with "NOoo" and other derogatory comments, make another topic somewhere and cry about it there. faggots

*i rage because i got pissed from the "no more shana" from announcement of season 3 and now u have idiots saying negative things about this anime too* DIAF


that may be but from what i saw it was a step down from a hentai.

and from what i saw it sucked you can say it has a fan base and is more original but i can say i don't like it
 
06-17-09, 8:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
death1001 said:
that may be but from what i saw it was a step down from a hentai.

and from what i saw it sucked you can say it has a fan base and is more original but i can say i don't like it
You can say you don't like it but you were just told the following "Your precious show isn't good enough enough to get another season". So which show is better? The one that you hold to high standards that the creators couldn't give a rats ass to continue animating, or the crappy show that has a loyal fanbase, actually has good sales and loads of merchandise and is getting a 2nd season?

You guys don't give Queen's Blade enough credit. The recent licensing of characters such as Warrior (DQ3), Iroha, Mai and Dizzy have greatly increased the franchise's popularity to absurdly high levels. All they need to do is get a hold of chun-li and they're set. Iroha, Mai, Warrior, Chun-li and Dizzy are some of the most popular video game females ever (Dizzy had a fanbase bigger than chun-li's and mai's combined at some point).
 
06-17-09, 8:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
death1001 said:
that may be but from what i saw it was a step down from a hentai.

and from what i saw it sucked you can say it has a fan base and is more original but i can say i don't like it


Well that is how it has been, so i'm assuming you only heard of it when it became an anime... and what you posted is a reason why people like me get upset ...
think about it this way... an anime that you really like is coming out with another season and you go to read the post but all you see is trolls crying about how much they hate it
wouldn't be too happy? eh much less be annoyed
 
06-17-09, 8:18 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4614
Loverhina said:
Well that is how it has been, so i'm assuming you only heard of it when it became an anime... and what you posted is a reason why people like me get upset ...
think about it this way... an anime that you really like is coming out with another season and you go to read the post but all you see is trolls crying about how much they hate it
wouldn't be too happy? eh much less be annoyed

Their loss.

I'm not the biggest fan of all the shallow boobtastic fanservice, but the show does have some redeeming qualities. I still find it amusing to watch, and all the trolling from the adolescents just makes it more entertaining.
 
06-17-09, 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 184
Loverhina said:
death1001 said:
that may be but from what i saw it was a step down from a hentai.

and from what i saw it sucked you can say it has a fan base and is more original but i can say i don't like it


Well that is how it has been, so i'm assuming you only heard of it when it became an anime... and what you posted is a reason why people like me get upset ...
think about it this way... an anime that you really like is coming out with another season and you go to read the post but all you see is trolls crying about how much they hate it
wouldn't be too happy? eh much less be annoyed


we both have our opinion and i can respect that you like the show.

also your right i hadn't heard about it until it was animated. im not saying that it shouldn't get a second season theirs obviously demand for it other wise they wouldn't make it. im just saying its not to my taste. when i read the description i thought it was going to be a really cool anime but the outfits and from what i saw of the fighting it seemed to me that they were trying 2 make a soft core hentai
 
06-17-09, 8:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
saka said:


I'm not the biggest fan of all the shallow boobtastic fanservice, but the show does have some redeeming qualities. I still find it amusing to watch, and all the trolling from the adolescents just makes it more entertaining.


Agreed. People rage how much they hate it and yet they still continue to watch it. Not only that, they've developed Mars of Destruction Syndrome. They hear people saying how awful it is and watch it just so they can say, "YEAH IT TOTALLY SOXX." Is that really formulating your own opinion on something?

I know it's crap. It's horrible crap. But I will not deny Queen's Blade for being one of the most consistently entertaining anime out this season. All the others have fallen into making no sense or have become quite dull, but Queen's Blade manages to stay true to itself and gives us happy half hours of bouncy breasts and mindless entertainment.

People hate it because it's easy prey. Like a friend of mine said, it's like everyone coming together to pick on the fat pimply awkward kid in school just because everyone else is doing it and not because they decided to for themselves.
 
06-17-09, 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
tehnominator said:
People hate it because it's easy prey. Like a friend of mine said, it's like everyone coming together to pick on the fat pimply awkward kid in school just because everyone else is doing it and not because they decided to for themselves.
But why would you pick on delicious erotic flesh? It's not like girls have the cooties or something.
 
06-17-09, 8:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
death1001 said:

we both have our opinion and i can respect that you like the show.

also your right i hadn't heard about it until it was animated. im not saying that it shouldn't get a second season theirs obviously demand for it other wise they wouldn't make it. im just saying its not to my taste. when i read the description i thought it was going to be a really cool anime but the outfits and from what i saw of the fighting it seemed to me that they were trying 2 make a soft core hentai


Sorry you are missing my point, wasn't tryin to pin it on you but just happened to use you as an example

this happens all too much on these forums, something new comes and instead of seeing a constructive post you just see a bunch of people saying nothing good about it
 
06-17-09, 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1533
 
06-17-09, 8:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 596
In related news: Definitive proof that there is no God.
 
06-17-09, 8:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
Loverhina said:
Sorry you are missing my point, wasn't tryin to pin it on you but just happened to use you as an example

this happens all too much on these forums, something new comes and instead of seeing a constructive post you just see a bunch of people saying nothing good about it
You actually expect people to know what they're talking about before getting into a conversation? Where do you think you are? The internet?

This reminds of some guy on 4chan saying that NGE wasn't a mainstream show because he hadn't heard about the manga, OVAs, rebuild, or the 15+ eva games.

Hraesvelgr said:
In related news: Definitive proof that God laughs at those who don't support their favorite anime shows.
Fixed that for you.
 
06-17-09, 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 184
Loverhina said:
death1001 said:

this happens all too much on these forums, something new comes and instead of seeing a constructive post you just see a bunch of people saying nothing good about it


you should try reading the diablo 3 forums
 
06-17-09, 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 596
JinSaotome said:
Hraesvelgr said:
In related news: Definitive proof that God laughs at those who don't support their favorite anime shows.
Fixed that for you.
That doesn't even make any sense, bro!
 
06-17-09, 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
JinSaotome said:
You actually expect people to know what they're talking about before getting into a conversation? Where do you think you are? The internet?


lol, i know that if i want to have an acutal conversation about animes i would go to other forums but i mean, i saw this post . i read it . it annoyed it . its not like people here even read anything prior to what is written before them, they just get all happy looking at their post count

death1001 said:
you should try reading the diablo 3 forums


Sorry not a blizzard fan, on RO and sometimes AION
 
06-17-09, 8:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
Hraesvelgr said:
JinSaotome said:
Hraesvelgr said:
In related news: Definitive proof that God laughs at those who don't support their favorite anime shows.
Fixed that for you.
That doesn't even make any sense, bro!


How does it not make sense? Queen's Blade DVD/Blu-ray sales were through the roof, so is merchandise sale (PVC figures, Resin Kits, combat books, oppai mouse pads, trading card game, there's also a PSP game coming out). Compared to many other more popular shows, Queen's Blade is doing better at holding itself together. DVD/BR sales for most series are pathetic (15k per volume is pretty damn high) while the pre-order for the first blu-ray DVD was #1 on amazon.jp for a few days.

tl;dr version : Support the industry, get more goods.
 
06-17-09, 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
Hraesvelgr said:
In related news: Definitive proof that there is no God.


God is in his heaven, and all is right with the panties.
 
06-17-09, 8:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 596
JinSaotome said:
How does it not make sense?
It doesn't make sense because you took my first post seriously. I know of the existing popularity of Queen's Blade (outside of the anime, which I personally don't care for). In fact, the popularity of it really shouldn't be surprising to people, considering there have been a number of similar franchises which have done extremely well.
 
#0
06-17-09, 9:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
Hraesvelgr said:
I know of the existing popularity of Queen's Blade (outside of the anime, which I personally don't care for).


sorry i personally dont care much of what you say, queen's blade is queen's blade ... whatever is popular in japan is popular , it's not ur opinion of what other country would think to produce anime and merchandise to widen the franchise

so if you dont like it , dont watch it
if you dont watch it , dont post in this topic :-p

I'm excited about season 2 because especially with all the background stories between the characters there wasnt enough time to show it all let alone the tournament alone , kinda bugging me that i haven't seen ニクス or メルファ yet, .... nothing better than a nun w/ a flail and buckler , praying for next season (no pun intended)
 
#1
06-17-09, 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 89
looking forward to it
 
#2
06-17-09, 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 392
Plun said:
Oh! more great boobs.


Touche.
 
#3
06-17-09, 9:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1421
fap fap fap fap fap


 
#4
06-17-09, 9:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3331
I read this thread hoping for lots of lulz (from people falling to pieces over this news) but instead got some attempt at a serious argument. Bummer.
 
#5
06-17-09, 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
BlueYoshi said:
I read this thread hoping for lots of lulz (from people falling to pieces over this news) but instead got some attempt at a serious argument. Bummer.


Just felt more dumb knowing there are people like you out in the world.
 
#6
06-17-09, 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
Loverhina said:
Hraesvelgr said:
I know of the existing popularity of Queen's Blade (outside of the anime, which I personally don't care for).


sorry i personally dont care much of what you say, queen's blade is queen's blade ... whatever is popular in japan is popular , it's not ur opinion of what other country would think to produce anime and merchandise to widen the franchise

so if you dont like it , dont watch it
if you dont watch it , dont post in this topic :-p

I'm excited about season 2 because especially with all the background stories between the characters there wasnt enough time to show it all let alone the tournament alone , kinda bugging me that i haven't seen ニクス or メルファ yet, .... nothing better than a nun w/ a flail and buckler , praying for next season (no pun intended)
needs more Nyx!
 
#7
06-17-09, 10:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2136
thyyg said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOO MORE... :/

quote chain..start
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
 
#8
06-17-09, 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
game8910 said:
thyyg said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOO MORE... :/

quote chain..start


fail
 
#9
06-17-09, 10:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 70
itt butthurt fanboy.

the news doesn't surprirse me, i knew since a long time that Japanese have crappy taste and will watch anything with nude women big breasted (or deliciously flat chested nyuu~ ^o^!) women in it. like a fist of god.

oh yeah, and the fact that something is popular does not change the fact that i may think it is utter crap. i appreciate that something may be watched solely for entertainment value but shows like this represent an ideology/worldview completely opposite to mine so it is impossible for me to be very humorous about them. :roll:
Modified by superflat, 06-17-09, 10:33 PM
 
06-17-09, 10:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
superflat said:
itt butthurt fanboy.

the news doesn't surprirse me, i knew since a long time that Japanese have crappy taste and will watch anything with nude women big breasted (or deliciously flat chested nyuu~ ^o^!) women in it. like a fist of god.

oh yeah, and the fact that something is popular does not change the fact that i may think it is utter crap. i appreciate that something may be watched solely for entertainment value but shows like this represent an ideology/worldview completely opposite to mine so it is impossible for me to be very humorous about them. :roll:


ok, quoting you ... japan has crappy taste, they produce anime, you watch the anime .... what say about you? hypocrite
 
06-17-09, 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 184
Loverhina said:
superflat said:
itt butthurt fanboy.

the news doesn't surprirse me, i knew since a long time that Japanese have crappy taste and will watch anything with nude women big breasted (or deliciously flat chested nyuu~ ^o^!) women in it. like a fist of god.

oh yeah, and the fact that something is popular does not change the fact that i may think it is utter crap. i appreciate that something may be watched solely for entertainment value but shows like this represent an ideology/worldview completely opposite to mine so it is impossible for me to be very humorous about them. :roll:


ok, quoting you ... japan has crappy taste, they produce anime, you watch the anime .... what say about you? hypocrite

he said they have bad taste that would mean what they think is popular he thinks sucks and whats not popular he thinks is good.

he didn't say japan was incapable of making good things
 
06-17-09, 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
ah Death1001 you come back again, but like here we go, japan makes alot of good things because .... mmmm alot of japanese people like them, who is really watching it? japanese ... so unless you are bilingual living in flordia USA (by ur profile) i doubt they really care what you or superflat likes or watch so what it all comes down to ..... fanbase > ur leecher from fansubs opinoin
 
06-17-09, 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 18383
Loverhina said:
Crappy show? April Fools? How far are your heads up your @$$es because last time I checked a show with a FANBASE history even if it is only a couple years is still much far greater than any original animes from this season. So instead of filling this thread with "NOoo" and other derogatory comments, make another topic somewhere and cry about it there. faggots

*i rage because i got pissed from the "no more shana" from announcement of season 3 and now u have idiots saying negative things about this anime too* DIAF

Loverhina said:
ah Death1001 you come back again, but like here we go, japan makes alot of good things because .... mmmm alot of japanese people like them, who is really watching it? japanese ... so unless you are bilingual living in flordia USA (by ur profile) i doubt they really care what you or superflat likes or watch so what it all comes down to ..... fanbase > ur leecher from fansubs opinoin

Loverhina said:
Hraesvelgr said:
I know of the existing popularity of Queen's Blade (outside of the anime, which I personally don't care for).


sorry i personally dont care much of what you say, queen's blade is queen's blade ... whatever is popular in japan is popular , it's not ur opinion of what other country would think to produce anime and merchandise to widen the franchise

so if you dont like it , dont watch it
if you dont watch it , dont post in this topic :-p

I'm excited about season 2 because especially with all the background stories between the characters there wasnt enough time to show it all let alone the tournament alone , kinda bugging me that i haven't seen ニクス or メルファ yet, .... nothing better than a nun w/ a flail and buckler , praying for next season (no pun intended)


Ok I am really hopint thats sarcasm.... xD


Seriously, the guy above sounds way too funny(he even talks about something like "background stories", which everyone knows does not exist in this lesbo rape thingy)

However...if you are serious....well, sucks to be you, dude. Even your taste should hates you for pure fact that you made it suck. :P

And negativity is allowed, if it saves the world from crappiness like this show and "shakugan no fail"(just take a gun at put a bullet into the head of this dying horse already...).

Its the thing called - freedom of speech. Everyone is allowed to express his opinion. And the common opinion of the world about this Lesbo Blade is "Please make it stop" ;]
Modified by CookingPriest, 06-17-09, 11:06 PM
 
06-17-09, 11:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2520
And we still don't have one for Elven Lied?
My anime list
 
06-17-09, 11:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
Fai said:
Ok I am really hopint thats sarcasm.... xD


Seriously, the guy above sounds way too funny(he even talks about something like "background stories", which everyone knows does not exist in this lesbo rape thingy)

However...if you are serious....well, sucks to be you, dude. Even your taste should hates you for pure fact that you made it suck. :P

And negativity is allowed, if it saves the world from crappiness like this show and "shakugan no fail"(just take a gun at put a bullet into the head of this dying horse already...).

Its the thing called - freedom of speech. Everyone is allowed to express his opinion. And the common opinion of the world about this Lesbo Blade is "Please make it stop" ;]


is "FAI" short for fail? :-p
 
06-17-09, 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 18383
Loverhina said:
Fai said:
Ok I am really hopint thats sarcasm.... xD


Seriously, the guy above sounds way too funny(he even talks about something like "background stories", which everyone knows does not exist in this lesbo rape thingy)

However...if you are serious....well, sucks to be you, dude. Even your taste should hates you for pure fact that you made it suck. :P

And negativity is allowed, if it saves the world from crappiness like this show and "shakugan no fail"(just take a gun at put a bullet into the head of this dying horse already...).

Its the thing called - freedom of speech. Everyone is allowed to express his opinion. And the common opinion of the world about this Lesbo Blade is "Please make it stop" ;]


is "FAI" short for fail? :-p


Nope Dude.

Its short for FailRadar :P

Try harder next time,maybe you won't, you know, fail in BOTH taste and counter-arguments.
 
06-17-09, 11:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
Fai said:
Nope Dude.

Its short for FailRadar :P

Try harder next time,maybe you won't, you know, fail in BOTH taste and counter-arguments.


isn't it ironic that you are aware of both? ;-)
 
06-17-09, 11:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 92
YES! And once again world has taken a turn for better place
 
06-18-09, 12:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 737
wow! =O more boobs!
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
 
06-18-09, 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1773
This is the second best news of this week.
 
06-18-09, 1:07 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1924
LOL

Znips: I always think that when Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
 
06-18-09, 1:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1142
Mmh, more oppai is always good.

And I LOVE how people who know they won't like Queen's Blade watching it -and of course not liking it- and going "Oh noes!" for a second season announcement. Priceless.
 
06-18-09, 1:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 5743
judging from the last few episodes of the first season, they would need a 2nd season to wrap everything up, the real question is are they going to be more serious or make it like the first season?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
 
06-18-09, 1:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2487
OMG! What is wrong with the otaku of today (>_<)?
 
06-18-09, 1:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3192
I'll pass.


 
06-18-09, 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4274
Great news. It was obvious that they won't be able to wrap the whole story in just 12-13 episodes, so I expected them to make a second season. Glad to see it actually happening.
 
06-18-09, 2:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 2214
thyyg said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOO MORE... :/
 
06-18-09, 4:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 4133
lolol.

what else is there to say.
 
06-18-09, 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 18
DaBigD said:
Mmh, more oppai is always good.

And I LOVE how people who know they won't like Queen's Blade watching it -and of course not liking it- and going "Oh noes!" for a second season announcement. Priceless.


Damn straight.
It's kind of hilarious to read some of these responses, as though people are being forced to watch this show.

As for the announcement, I'm happy this is getting a 2nd run - at least we might get something resembling a Queen's Blade tournament this time. I hope they up their budget for the fight scenes too - they could do with some decent choreography (the fanservice angle is well covered).
 
06-18-09, 5:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
Stop bitching everybody, the people complaining don't even watch it so I dunno what they're talking about.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (3) -1.4 -0.4 [0.6] 1.6 2.6 » ... Last »