MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hidamari Sketch Episode 5 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hidamari Sketch »» Hidamari Sketch Episode 5 Discussion

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
View Poll Results: Hidamari Sketch Episode 5 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

23 47.92%
4 out of 5: Liked it

18 37.50%
3 out of 5: It was OK

5 10.42%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 2.08%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 2.08%
Voters: 48

06-29-10, 2:39 AM

i lolled at the caterpillar every time the scene changed during the round table talk about 2/3s the way in (at around 16:04, starting with the yellow swirly thing)

09-06-10, 11:59 PM

I thought dreams were pretty much weird by default, and when you throw in illness on top of it... you don't need drugs to have them.

You know *rimshot* you're in a dream when you "wake up" in the ice and snow and you don't wonder why you're there, but why the alarm clock didn't go off.

What is 8.4? ... the time? 8:04?

Yow, 38.2.

Hmm, the mailboxes have temperatures on them...

Heh, the principal, who's talking about someone who's wearing short sleeves in cold weather, is wearing an outfit with no sleeves.

Chika...

Freaky coincidence...?

Learned something new about her? What, that she takes care of her juniors?

Awwwwwwwww! Li'l Yuno! ^_^

nanaki254 said:
i lolled at the caterpillar every time the scene changed during the round table talk about 2/3s the way in (at around 16:04, starting with the yellow swirly thing)

Oh wow, that thing really changes, doesn't it?

Heh, part of the preview is a strip they didn't adapt: "Analysis in Front".
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"

Don't take the sig pics too seriously. I know I don't.

11-10-10, 11:19 AM

This is seriously too cute

12-09-11, 10:48 AM

My mind is full of fuck.

01-23-12, 2:01 PM

I've got to say, I thought this was an excellent episode. I'm totally enjoying this series now.
"Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

- Yui Ikari, The End of Evangelion

02-22-12, 9:11 PM

I don't think the dream should have been done the way it was so early in the series. Considering how little of Yuno's character has been shown to this point it feels just random. It doesn't really qualify as foreshadowing either because it's just too cluttered with everything for any particular issue portrayed to actually stay in your mind, but on the other hand the overall feeling might be conveyed and it certainly opens up when rewatching it later. When you already know Yuno better, all of the symbolism is very intuitive to interpret and reflects her psyche nicely (how she feels about herself, how she thinks she should make herself appear to others, what certain other people mean to her and what roles they have to her, what sides of them she is afraid of or envies, how she is uncertain about the future, her loneliness, etc.)

The feelings of confusion and powerlessnes of the state of mind of a feverish person come across well, too. But I just don't think it was a good idea at this point. If there was some way to validate putting the dream where it is and why it would work when watching the series the first time around I would rate this episode 5/5, but now it just fails. I don't see what it was trying.

10-22-12, 7:01 AM

That's... some dreams she got here. Another anime character weak to fever.

Miyako taking care of Yuno was awesome

12-15-12, 8:04 PM

Rewatching this series and I realized I had forgotten how awesome this episode was with that dreaming - this was the episode that hooked me on this show.

09-14-13, 10:09 PM

As weird as ever, but in this episode, it made sense.
This series is like an art flick. Not liking it much, but not hating it enough to drop... yet.

02-17-14, 5:53 PM

Pretty okay episode, didn't liked it too much but it was pretty nice in general!

07-31-14, 3:33 AM

This was one weird episode. As weird as those dreams I get when I have a fever. Well done. Well done indeed.
Words to live by:

"If I can do it tomorrow, I won't do it today"
-- Toshinou Kyouko

Pages (2) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices