Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2007 7:37 PM
Nov 2007
BakaOnna said:

/facepalm
you mean like this..? -> /)_<;
nii paa~ =33
anyways.. the finale satisfied me. the fact Takano seemed to lose soo frickin fast in this episode with basically 0% hope of winning kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. the dodging bullet thing with Hanyuu made me laugh so hard. omfg, poor takano. and when takano was taken away by jirou, was she just like experimented on then treated and set free happy yay. orr.. did they like evil experiment on her and then like 75% kill her then send her to Tokyo to get more killed? -.-;; meh.
the end scene with " future-version-gone-to-the-past-Rika-chama " utterly confused me. do u think Takano + family were just all ghosts after the bus crash? or did the bus not crash? idk. typical Higurashi.. leaving me feeling retarded -.-; enjoyed this season tho =] 8.5/10 so.. thatd be 9/10 i guess..
Dec 26, 2007 12:58 PM

Nov 2007
Im sad its over well at least there will b a 3rd season
Dec 26, 2007 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
Im sad its over well at least there will b a 3rd season

Dec 26, 2007 11:51 PM

Nov 2007
Can't wait for season 3. There's just so many possibilities.

Maybe the next season will have the Rei and manga stories. Although that'd be a bit disappointing. But if adult Rika being Frederika is true, it could lead into the next story, Umineko no Naku Koro ni. But seeing as how far the visual novels have progressed, that's very unlikely.

Also, Kai pretty much explains everything that the first season left out. Not to mention using the anime-only Yakusamashi-hen arc to fill in the gaps from the sound novels that the first season left out. And if you had happened to play the sound novels, you would know that the violence wasn't the main point of the story. The author of the sound novels mentions that the whole point of the story is to rely on your friends and that you should go to someone for help when something is troubling you. Still find it funnny that he made the story so violent to convey a moral like that though. ;P
Dec 27, 2007 7:03 AM

Jun 2007
Even though the first six arcs were darker and more violent, in the first season DEEN focused mostly on the suspense. In the visual novels, the slice of life stuff is longer and there's a lot more character development. DEEN skipped a lot of the mystery and character details to make room for the suspenseful moments. Not to mention they tried to cram 6 arcs into 26 episodes. All the arcs needed to be one or two episodes longer. Many scenes were skipped The manga is a good example of this, which is a much better adaptation.

So the last two arcs and the first six aren't as black and white as the anime makes them look. Higurashi has always been like: 25% mystery, 15% slice of life, 5% comedy, 20% horror, 35% drama
LunarEmeraldDec 27, 2007 7:12 AM
Dec 27, 2007 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
Older Rika was pretty =D I can't wait for season 3 and the live action too ^.^ I love higurashi! It was really cute when Rika and Hanyuu smiled at the calendar I'm so happy for them ^-^

Dec 28, 2007 6:43 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, their smile was soooooo cute.
Usotsuki. 
Dec 28, 2007 7:48 PM

Jul 2007
What's the third season goign to be about?

I particularly liked the part where Rika and Hanyuu peel back what seems to be the screen. XD Kyaaa!!

Grownup rika reminds me of Yuuko from xsxholic... probably because of the hair.

Never expected Miyo to miss O_O

And... I'm kinda glad she didn't die of the syndrome. That would have been too bitter of an irony...

10/10.
Dec 28, 2007 7:51 PM

Aug 2007
It better have Satoshi!

I think it should also have some more flashbacks of Keiichi and Rena and what happened to them in the past, something more on Mion.. but maybe something with Takano, as I love her, haha.

But, they also spoke of the time when Keiichi never came to Hinamazawa and then it was worse than ever after, so they could actually remember some of the other things they did in the past.

OR!

It could be the entire new arc with the weird girl that was like Rika! She was beautiful whom ever she was and she really reminds me of Ai from Jigoku Shoujo.

I am hoping that it is not a whole bunch of new characters, unless they are related, but if it is something short that has flashbacks, some more Mion and the past, Shion and Satoshi, a bit more of Rika, Hanyuu and Satoko grown up and then maybe... a link to something else, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't really too long... but.. we shall seeeee.
Usotsuki. 
Dec 30, 2007 8:45 PM

Jun 2007
the episode was really good, at least i liked it.

the way they wrapped up the series was good, but there are still some unanswered questions as what is the girl who was the boss of takano planning to do.

i would have loved if they did the scene with rika stopping time, and making the bulled miss. instead of takano missing due to the hinamizawa syndrome or because hanyuu moved at the last moment. for me it was more like takano's paranoia made her miss.

anyways, i am looking forward to the next season of higurashi. adult rika/ frederika (sp) looked interesting. i hope they explain that in the next season.

also, hanyuu going into god-mode like that was so win, i loved that scene.

and since i am such a sucker for the higurashi series, i guess this deserves a 10/10... i think i should stop going so easy on my anime ratings xD
Jan 1, 2008 11:57 AM
Dec 2007
Well, considering the fact the Maybe!Rika gal went back in time to save Tanako, I'm pretty sure Tanako's future wasn't all flowers and rainbows after being taken for treatment by the Tokyo Organization. And does this means Rika willingly set another time loop or did they do that as an excuse to make a third season in which this action will mess things up once more?

Jan 1, 2008 1:27 PM

Nov 2006
I am who I am; Frederica Bernkastel.
Furude Rika and Frederica are different. Shame on you if you thought so.
My age? I've gotten bored with it, so I've quit counting.

Huh? Are you speculating that the real identity of the Oyashiro-sama is me?
Giggle giggle. You are so insolent.
The Oyashiro-sama is the Oyashiro-sama. You want me to introduce it to you? It's rather shy.
It gets frightened easily so don't scare it, okay? However, it seems that you are the one that's scared.

Giggle giggle giggle...
Jan 3, 2008 4:29 PM

Sep 2007
I know I'm late... I had too much stuff to do by the end of 2007 and could watch Kai 24 just right now.

Season 1 was better. Kai wasn't bad tough. It's worth 8/10 in my opinion.
Can't wait to see more Hanyuu this year S2.
Btw I also looked for adult Rika's chest to see if she had gotten her so desired bigger breasts x) I guess not, she's a japanese after all... I like the ~nipah version better btw.

~Hauu fo Higurashi series and season 3 ^^
Jan 19, 2008 9:21 AM

Aug 2007
It was very good. A good ending. I guess she prevented another little takano from springing up.
Jan 22, 2008 8:06 AM

Nov 2006
I can say I was happy with the ending. Not spectacular, but I don't know what I was expecting.

Yay for season 3 and more punishment games.
Jan 31, 2008 12:50 AM

Dec 2007
Was a pretty good ending. I thought that Hanyuu was going to get shot but that wouldn't really matter because I think we all can guess what's up with her. Glad to see Rika finally make it to July. The part with "Rika" in the end confused me but since there's going to be a third season I'll probably find out about it.

#NBHNC
Jan 31, 2008 9:39 AM

Jan 2008
Hmm, the ending to the second season wasnt the big dramatic climax that the first season ended on, but then the second was a whole different style, which i enjoyed as much as the first.

I was expecting Hanyuu to get shot when she faced off with Takano and the bullet 'dodge' was completely unexpected. I personally think it was due to the state that Takano was in and perhaps Hanyuu moved also. To be quite honest though, i was rather relieved when Hanyuu stepped infront of Mion, i would have rather she died than Mion if one of the group had to go. (since Mion is my favourite character from the series :P)

Also, i unintentionally found myself feeling glad when Takano was taken to the clinic rather than to Tokyo and killed (or imprisoned). Although she would surely not be awaiting a pleasant fate once she left the clinc, i dont think she deserved a pathetic death, i pity her. Her character reminds me of Yagami Light, good intentions to begin with, getting her adoptive grandfathers work recognised and celebrated, she just went very wrong and twisted along the way.

Im a little disapointed there wasnt any expression of feelings from Mion to Keiichi, but maybe thats being kept for the third series?
The final few minutes confused me, im guessing Hanyuu sent Rika back in time, at a later date, to save Takano from losing her parents, thus giving Takano a happier life. But, surely that would change the present Hinamizawa?

All in all, an excellent continuation to one of my favourite series. 10/10.
Cant wait for series 3, although im wondering how the plot will proceed, since a lot of it is neatly ended in Kai.
Feb 25, 2008 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
Hanyuu was so cool with her red eyes xD Really nice end^^ I'm a bit sad that its over~

Feb 28, 2008 11:32 AM

Nov 2007
Suprisingly closed ending. I wonder how they are going to make a season three. Can you say watanagashi of next year?

Mar 1, 2008 11:08 AM

Nov 2007
i'm wondering how they'll continue the story, because that wrapped it up pretty nicely. Rofl she missed XD
Mar 18, 2008 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
that was a great ending. auau~ XD
wonder why Takano missed. was it because Hanyuu did something or what? XD

that was Rika right? i guess there was no development in the breasts section. lol. XD wonder why rika did that?

i guess in the third season, we'll be able to find out what really happens to Satoshi and more. XD

can't wait for the third season!~ XD
Apr 19, 2008 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
Everything is just stated in the post before me.

Well, I've watched Kai in one-marathon. Starting from 1PM yesterday to 4:05AM today.

And to make longer things short. I just would give this a 10/10, cause I really love the mystery and story behind it. And I'm always amazed by the talented seiyuus in this show. Not to mention the: Ni-pah, Hauu!~, Auauaua!~, Omochi Kaeri!!~, and mischievous laugh of Satoko + MANIACAL laugh of other seiyuus, especially Shmion's seiyuu (Kamane Chidori of FMP!).

And to give Higurashi no Naku Koro ni /Kai below 7/10 is just something like *giggle* (what kind of person is that?! I wonder what you will hate in this story).

Although there's some noticable mistakes and predictable moments, this series would be a 9/10 highest and 7/10 lowest rating. Anything below 7/10 is really just unreasonable. It just prove that you don't understand anything at all...

But for me, I'm exception since I'm giving it a 10/10 cause I want to. Hahaha!

I'm really looking forward for the live-action and the 3rd season. As I will be missing Rena. XD

HauuuuuUUu!~ KAWAIIII!!~ OMOCHI KAERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!~~
May 10, 2008 9:33 AM

Aug 2007
I liked the end. It wasn't so dramatical like the first season, but now Rika and whole Hinamizawa are rescued from the sad destiny.

My favorite scene was, when Grownuprika spoke to Takano.^^
If history is to be changed, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed, I must simply laugh!
May 12, 2008 12:18 PM
Aug 2007
Nice sequel. Although unfortunately, the first season was so good that my standards were high going into this. In the end, I was disappointed. I was fine with the pace of the first season and this season felt rather slow and drawn out (4, 8 and 12 episodes per arc as opposed to about 4 episodes per arc in the first season). There are other noticeable flaws - the last few episodes were not so great. Still, I enjoyed it enough.
May 12, 2008 5:27 PM
Dec 2007
Isu said:
Nice sequel. Although unfortunately, the first season was so good that my standards were high going into this. In the end, I was disappointed. I was fine with the pace of the first season and this season felt rather slow and drawn out (4, 8 and 12 episodes per arc as opposed to about 4 episodes per arc in the first season). There are other noticeable flaws - the last few episodes were not so great. Still, I enjoyed it enough.
I think they just were betrayed by how the full story develops. They had to use one of the Kai chapters on the first season or otherwise they couldn't have pulled a proper ending on it, so basically they didn't had enough episodes to expand the chapters properly on season 1, and too many episodes to fill on season 2. I have to applaud the Studio for making an anime-only chapter that actually fits in the story and fills the gaps to some extent.

May 17, 2008 4:32 PM
May 2008
I found it interesting, in a way it was a happy ending for everyone.
Jun 14, 2008 4:02 AM

Apr 2008
10/10 !

I have no reason to give it a lower rating. Great story, great characters, great ending. An epic anime indeed.

Jun 16, 2008 9:43 PM

Apr 2008
An excellent anime.. Great story and unique characters.. 10/10 ^_^

I was just confused with the ending.. So the old Rika was from another realm?
Jun 18, 2008 7:25 AM

Apr 2008
9/10 for the ending. But, overall I have to rate it a 10/10.

Jun 23, 2008 1:12 AM

Apr 2008
Good ending I guess, but what's with the everyone forgive Takano crap? Guy even hugs her after she's arrested? Give me a break. That ruined it for me.
Jul 5, 2008 11:45 AM

Oct 2007
Sutiivu said:
Good ending I guess, but what's with the everyone forgive Takano crap? Guy even hugs her after she's arrested? Give me a break. That ruined it for me.

It's just like Rika sayd 'This world has no losers', so I think it's kind of normal Takano recieved at least a bit redemption.

Good ending off the show. Alot of questions got resolved. Adult Rika is the hotness btw ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 20, 2008 7:41 PM

Jun 2008
*sniff* Such a beautiful ending nanodesu~

Adult Rika looks so cool... but really scary at the same time o__o

I want MOAR!!!! MOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the 3rd season T~T

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 21, 2008 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
I loved older Rika, she looked beautiful ! We still need to find out, what the hell was the deal with Kei killing children. Satoshi, and other small things, but other than that I was satisfied.

It gave me goosebumps when I saw "July 1st" on the calendar, I was smiling and clapped my hands xD. I liked, loved, enjoyed everything about this show. Third season, cannot wait for that to be relased !

I, loved Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Kai ! <3333
Jul 29, 2008 5:01 PM

Apr 2008
I'm a bit disappointed that the older Rika turned to be the serious side of Rika. I hope that she grew up with her cute side.

Aug 12, 2008 11:48 PM

Jul 2008
The ending really confused me...I started getting really confused just over halfway into this anime anyway, I dunno what it was but I really wanted it to end so I didn't get confused any further. =/

I liked it, yeah, I just got confused. =[
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Aug 28, 2008 7:07 PM

May 2008
I loved this series but...The Queen Carrier theory is completely illogical. So...8/10.
Sep 26, 2008 4:47 PM

Jun 2008
I just finished it now, and man, that was awesome. I'm really glad there are going to be a few OVA episodes, because there's some minor stuff that didn't get wrapped up (namely the Satoshi thing). Oh yeah, and they hinted so strongly at romance between Keiichi and Mion >_> ...I guess it would have felt out of place though.

But seriously, what an awesome series. I almost gave it a 10 (and I've never given an anime a 10 on my list).
Oct 12, 2008 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
Okay, that was over b4 i even thought about it being the last episode :/ this sucks, really.
Good show, but a really,really, really lame ending
~de Arimasu
Oct 13, 2008 10:33 PM

Jul 2008
I think this was a good way to end this season. Finally a happy ending. I actually felt sorry for Takano in this episode. It really tore her up inside when they dismissed her grandfather's hardwork. It's one thing for her to try to prove he was right and another for her to plan a massacre.

With Rika going back in the past like that can dangerously effect the future though. If she learned anything, it sound be that even the slightest chance can effect fate on a large scale. It was nice of her to actually go back and save someone who has caused her so much pain from a sad future.

And I think the reason the bullet missed Hanyuu is because she's a God. She can't be hit by a mere bullet.
Oct 15, 2008 5:54 PM
Oct 2008
I loved the ending. It was beautiful and adult Rika looked amazing.
Oct 19, 2008 8:02 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome conclusion to what has been an awesome two series.

Only thing i can think of that wasnt resolved was that arc in the first series, where Shion goes nuts and kills everyone.

Who stabbed Keichi in the hospital? Do we dismiss that as a 'delusion' because that seems to me to be a bit of a cop-out.

But yeah, REALLY enjpyed these, marathoned this entire series in 3 days I was that sucked in..
Oct 22, 2008 1:40 AM

Mar 2008
i kept changing how i felt for Takano on and off lol first laughed at her deseration then i got sad when she was running off and crying and it made me tear up when she said that stuff to Hanyuu then i got mad at her when she pulled the gun on them then i got sad again when she was holding onto that guy lol then i was happy for her when the showed her as a kid and Rika fixed things for her, dont know why she didnt do that to begin with or if it has a bad effect now -_-

this doesnt have the same feel as the last season though, i liked the first better but this one completes the first more so. its more like a 9/10 for first season and like 8.6/10 for this one, so i guess i will round down to 8/10 to show its different, i dont think that will stop anyone from watching it anyways
Oct 24, 2008 8:23 AM

Oct 2008
Heart_of_Storm said:

Who stabbed Keichi in the hospital? Do we dismiss that as a 'delusion' because that seems to me to be a bit of a cop-out.

Yes, it was just a delusion.
Nov 3, 2008 2:02 AM

May 2008
I cried.ಥ_ಥ

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 4, 2008 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
I felt pity at seeing Miyo loose. More so when she learned that she was being used, and her Grandfather's papers were treated as garbage.
But soon after, I rememeber that she had "won" in hundreds of "worlds" consecutive already, so I then felt indifferent about it.

The scene were Hanyuu "dodged" that bullet was awesome.

So basically, everyone lives, and, apperantly, the real mesterminds at "Tokyo" will finally be brought to justice. Good ending in every possible way.

The very last scene was weird though. Was that Rika? Rika's mom?
If that was Rika, then how did she "travel" back in time? And why?
Was it to prevent everything from ever even happening? All of the chain of events caused by Miyo? Because, if Miyo's parents lived, then Rika wouldn't have to go through alot in the future, 1983. And if that was Rika, then I feel sorry fo her. Small breasts on Lolis = WIN. Small breasts on Tall women = Meh. And she wanted a bigger chest too! xD

And she has "lived" through 1,000 years?! I thought it was only 100+. Was it a mistake by the TL?...

I give this season a definite 9. I liked the new approach on animation and art, and the music was stunning as always.

I'm looking forward to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, in 2009.
Crisu said:
Wait, I don't quite follow the ending scenario with Miyoko; she and her family got on a different bus this time?

According to what she was told, if she wanted to live, she'd keep going to her friend's house (even though they're not home), but if she wanted to die, she would get that last flag.

Maybe I'm getting things mixed up. I went back to episode 15 or so where all that was first shown to us, and I wasn't able to figure out anything more.

And the mystery continues! Well, they need something to work with in s3, no?
Nipa Nipa Nipaah-nano desu!

EDIT:
Ah I just found out, that wasn't Rika, it was Frederica Bernkastel.
I never saw her in the Season 1 and Kai. But I haven't watched the specials so...
Why does she look exacly like Rika though? Is "Rika" just Frederica, but in younger form? Is she just some supernatural being just like Hanyuu? So mysterious!!
These are truly a mesterious, and supernatural filled series. ~Nipa
GenixDec 4, 2008 6:37 PM
Dec 26, 2008 9:52 PM

Sep 2008
Really Amazing. i was really happy Rika/Hanyuu finally lived in the end.
Loved Hanyuu's voice, it was so cute.
Can't wait to see Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei in 2009. ^^
Dec 30, 2008 9:37 PM

Nov 2008
enjoyed both seasons(and became nuts triying to figure out and then S2 explained all xD)
hanyuu dodging bullet = win
infected miyo=win
miyo criying in tomitake`s arms = win
satoshi alive = lol, so many years(?) in that bed but satoko was lvl5 infected and was ok(with daily antidote)
also looking forward for S3
Jan 1, 2009 10:27 AM
Nov 2008
The ending was okay, though I felt that the story was going slightly downhill since Ep 22 (guess that's the way to end an anime). While I was a little disappointed with the mildness of Kai with the slow-paced episodes in the middle (or was it because I had waited for the subs for too long?), I understand that all stories should have some meaning behind it.

What puzzled me was the identity of the adult Rika-lookalike at the end after the ED. If she's from the future, wouldn't she be changing what would happen to Rika and co. in their future (implying that the whole Queen carrier theory and Yamaiun drama would not occur at all)?

Anyway, all and all, I give this series a 8/10! And I guess my question will be answered in the 3 arcs in the 5-episode OVAs in Rei! :)
Jan 5, 2009 4:54 PM

Aug 2008
hmm nice ending with everyone alive and stuff lol
and is it just me or did mion always had a pistol holstered? why didnt she use it?or was it just for shows?
9/10
lol
Jan 5, 2009 5:17 PM

Jun 2008
^ it wasn't a real gun

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.