MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai »» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

443 80.40%
4 out of 5: Liked it

64 11.62%
3 out of 5: It was OK

30 5.44%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

10 1.81%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 0.73%
Voters: 551

12-17-07, 11:56 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Takano versus the gang, it's all come down to this. The final episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

Next week a 30 minute special for the upcoming live action Higurashi movie will air.

But there was a big surprise at the end of this episode.

A THIRD SEASON WAS ANNOUNCED!

http://blog.animate.tv/higurashi/

アニメ『ひぐらしのなく頃に』第3期制作決定!
スタッフさん 02:52 カテゴリ [ お知らせ ]

アニメ『ひぐらしのなく頃に』第3期の制作が決定しました。詳しい情報は未定です。決まり次第、発表いたします。2008年も『ひぐらしのなく頃に』をよろしくお願いします。 ★スタッフA★

Christmas came early.

12-17-07, 12:11 PM

I'm waiting for the RAW to come out, the hell with waiting for hauu~ >.>

EDIT: Just finished watching it, and I must say it was done extremely well. Can't wait for season 3, though I'm not sure how they're gonna go on with the story.

Adult Rika looks kinda scary though.
Modified by Karura, 12-17-07, 2:12 PM

12-18-07, 6:53 AM

Hanyuu looked awesome with her red eyes when she was facing Takano.
Too bad its over now... but hey theres 3rd season to look forward to so its all good!!

12-18-07, 7:12 AM

hanyuuu~~ adult rika was really kinda scary, i prefer the nipah version. a great happy end through, nothing really to complain about. and that takanos parents didnt die make it much better. now i dont think that this takano will end up crazy lol.

it was great with you higurashi, not that much splatter scenes like the fisrt one but i quite enjoyed it. story twists that i never expected , and they answered many question that showed up while i was watching the fierst season.

what i have to say i want the 3rd season!!! right now!!!

12-18-07, 2:29 PM

Miyo missed >.<
*wants rika timestop*
Still awesome episode.

I really want the REI chapters in the third season. Also Onisarashi-hen cause Natsumi is awesome.

(My signature also says that season 3 is announced ^_^)

My dear weak spacenoids. THAT LEVEL OF LOVE CAN'T BREAK MY BODY OF STEEL!

12-18-07, 3:05 PM

Awesome season finale.

I'm really excited about a third season. Saikoroshi-hen!

12-22-07, 10:27 AM
Anime Moderator
liked it but plz tell me if i get it right.Rika grew up got awesome powers remebered Takano and said why not save her? Then she went back to time and rescued her... But this doesnt means that it will change her "present"? Mb thats the 3rd season? The mistake that Rika did now? Well no idea but i liked the ep in general... Allthough wanted to see Mion+keichi and Satoshi with his sister and Shion... Well i ll just w8 3rd season :)

12-22-07, 11:44 AM

Not a bad ending to the series, but somehow it didn't trigger that 'waaa, it was really amazing' reaction in my head.
And yes, adult Rika does indeed look scary...

12-22-07, 5:01 PM

It ended well enough, but I wished there was an explanation as to why Takano missed with her last bullet. Maybe because of her current condition with the disease? I also didn't get that "really amazing" reaction. The Season 1 finale left me in tears (because of how awesome it ended); the Season2 finale just left me feeling relieved.

Throughout the final scene with adult Rika, I was trying to spot if she had breasts or not. xD

Overall...I'm not sure whether I should give Higurashi Ki a 9 or 10. The first half was very entertaining, the mystery was solved, pretty much every question was solved, the stroytelling was better, and the animation vastly improved. But because of those negative comments on the Ep 22 and 23 threads, I can't help but agree with them now. The ending was too perfect.

9.5/10.

12-22-07, 6:02 PM

Looked like Hanyuu deflected the bullet.

12-22-07, 7:47 PM

Great Episode Moments!

1. Akasaka referring to himself as "watashi"...for someone who can kick ass, he sure is effeminate...
2. Hanyuu in bullet time...sort of? xD
3. Hayuu/Rika sleeping together, moeness is expected from winner of SaiMoe2008!
4. Adult Rika hotness...
5. Good End for Takano^_^

Studio Deen really stepped up this episode, best Sakuga by far from either S1 or the previous Kai episodes. If only all the other episodes had the same quality...but heh at least we got some great sakuga to end it all^_^

Ending wasn't as disappointing as I thought it would be. Still prefer the crazy psychopathic endings of S1, but you can't really have a good end with those...

A moment of silence to honour such a great anime...

On to Season 3!!!
Here's to the animation of Miotsukushi-hen!

Nayuki_Love Scanlations, bringing bishojos to a manga near you!

12-22-07, 8:07 PM

Pretty good ending. Happy ending for everyone. I wasn't expecting any bloodshed from this one, although when Hanyuu went in front of everyone to take on the bullet i was sure she'd die...

Hoping for greatness next season. I know next to nothing about the games/manga though, so i hope to be surprised.

12-22-07, 8:51 PM

They still left a few things unanswered. Remember.... Tokyo was planning to get rid of Takano to begin with which tells me that they have something else planned.

12-22-07, 9:42 PM

Ehm... what I've heard and read this "adult Rika" it's not Rika, it's Frederica.
And it would be really sad if that was Rika, because it would mean she got another bad end - her breasts didn't grow as she wanted after all ;D
While still getting no idea what they do in the third season, frankly I'm irritated - so, Higurashi is selling so well to make another season, but not good enough to maintain decent quality of all the recently done episodes? Pfeh :/

12-22-07, 11:06 PM

Satisfying ending for me, though it was sad for me to see Takano go down like that. But I gotta say, I loved seeing Hanyuu go into God Mode like that.

Overall: 8/10

12-23-07, 1:23 AM

"Once you find the missing card, there are no more losers."

*bows to Ni Pah*

The perfect answer to the perfect question. July has come.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Every time you recommend Sword Art Online, a baby seal gets clubbed.

12-23-07, 2:51 AM

Wait, I don't quite follow the ending scenario with Miyoko; she and her family got on a different bus this time?

According to what she was told, if she wanted to live, she'd keep going to her friend's house (even though they're not home), but if she wanted to die, she would get that last flag.

Maybe I'm getting things mixed up. I went back to episode 15 or so where all that was first shown to us, and I wasn't able to figure out anything more.

12-23-07, 3:45 AM
DB Administrator
Very nice ending, really liked the confrontation between Miyo and Mion & Co.

I enjoyed this season a lot, especially the part where Miyo shot everyone really got to me. But the few episodes before the ending disappointed me a tiny bit, and that's why this season wasn't able to score as high as the first season. I mean first impression (when watching the first season) is important as well, a second season has to deliver something similar since there is no 'first impression'. But I'm looking forward to season 3 and I hope they'll kick some ass again. Hauu~

9/10

🔼 MAL Guidelines & FAQ 🔼 Report Abuse! 🔼 [ h + ] ³ 🔼

12-23-07, 4:24 AM

Really enjoyed watching this season. I remember some episodes where basically I was holding my breath because the tension was building up so much.
but yeah.. very good ending. Will be looking foward to season 3

9/10

12-23-07, 4:43 AM

*sigh of relief*

A good ending. I liked the added future Rika (?) and Miyako bit. I loved the majority of Higurashi Kai, but unfortunately i cannot ignore eps 22 and 23... Overall not quite good enough as the first season, but i still loved most of it. 9/10.

Cannot wait till 3rd season!~ ^_^

Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices