MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

87 31.87%
4 out of 5: Liked it

39 14.29%
3 out of 5: It was OK

53 19.41%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

51 18.68%
1 out of 5: Hated it

43 15.75%
Voters: 273

03-13-09, 1:30 AM

Prayermad said:
if you dont like the final two episodes you basically wasted your time watching the previous episodes

true, I wasted my time watching the series. (I gave it a four) But I was curious as to why it was so popular, so at least I satisfied my curiousity.

03-13-09, 3:42 AM

There are some series that, even if not liked, deserve to be appreciated. I definitely think this is one of them.

I also happened to really like it.

03-13-09, 4:44 PM

M_A said:
There are some series that, even if not liked, deserve to be appreciated. I definitely think this is one of them.

you like crystal castles though. i mean come on, crystal castles. thats kinda like liking clannad.

oh wait...

03-13-09, 7:02 PM

Prayermad said:
M_A said:

you like crystal castles though. i mean come on, crystal castles. thats kinda like liking clannad.

oh wait...

Seriously?

What does my musical taste have to do with NGE? And the old "ill go look at his list and make fun of stuff that person liked" trick is really overused. Grow up.
Modified by M_A, 03-13-09, 8:24 PM

03-15-09, 3:36 AM

i dont want to grow up

03-15-09, 4:45 PM

you should consider it.

03-16-09, 8:18 AM

i'll consider it

03-16-09, 2:47 PM

marvelous.

06-28-09, 5:01 PM

CinemaZebra said:
What the fuck did I just watch?

QFT

06-29-09, 4:54 AM

That was quit a disturbing episode, really confused, but we learned more about the psychologic of the characters.
The music was really awesome especially the classical ones.
I really like this atmosphere close to dementia and I really loved this episode.

08-02-09, 5:55 AM

I have to agree that this episode was worthless!!I was really disapointed with this episode!!

08-11-09, 9:53 PM

...weird...and...amazingly...interesting...at...the...same...time...

08-27-09, 2:41 PM

Great episode. It effectively portrayed the mentality of Shinji, Asuka, Rei, and Misato. Interestingly, it seems all four of them have the same fear: they don't want to be alone. Another point of interest was the image of Misato and Ritsuki dead with bullet wounds. But, if you think about it, this series was never about the action. It's really about the characters and their degrading mentality.
"Hello. I came to talk. I've been thinking lately. About you and me. About what's going to happen to us, in the end. We're going to kill each other, aren't we? Perhaps you'll kill me. Perhaps I'll kill you. Perhaps sooner. Perhaps later. I just wanted to know that I'd made a genuine attempt to talk things over and avert that outcome. Just once. Are you listening to me? It's life and death I'm discussing here. Maybe my death... maybe yours. I don't fully understand why ours should be such a fatal relationship, but I don't want your murder on my... hands..."

Batman, The Killing Joke

10-03-09, 11:51 AM

Boring and mindfucking at the same time. Talk talk talk talk. It didn't give me an answer to anything! But what ^ said it gave a better understanding of the characters.
Hoping for some action in the last episode. >,>

11-09-09, 4:03 PM

It was watchable, didn't like it much though, through the middle of the episode I had to remind myself "oh wait this is mind fuck" but seriously this clearly shows Gainax was freaking broke... there was like 10% animation in here, the rest are images standing still and voice actors.

What I liked about this episode: The characters are really fuked up

I just wanna watch End of Evangelion!, I have to finish this.

12-08-09, 9:11 AM

This episode was...different. Weird psychological shit happening. I thought it was a decent lead up to the last episode though. Probably setting up the proper mood.

12-28-09, 12:42 AM

insan3soldiern said:
Great episode. It effectively portrayed the mentality of Shinji, Asuka, Rei, and Misato. Interestingly, it seems all four of them have the same fear: they don't want to be alone. Another point of interest was the image of Misato and Ritsuki dead with bullet wounds. But, if you think about it, this series was never about the action. It's really about the characters and their degrading mentality.

Definitely, it is adding to the depth of these characters and their development, or I guess, deprecation in fact. It's just difficult to sit through and watch this for me.

Well, since this episode is setting for the finale, I expect the darkest of tones and the final absolute shat to hit the fan.

Well played Gainax.

12-30-09, 7:25 AM

insan3soldiern said:

I couldn't agree more, this is what NGE is all about. Anyone watching this series for action is definitely watching the wrong series.

Anyway, it looks like everyone is just a pin drop away from having a complete mental breakdown. However, with their pasts and what is currently happening to them, it isn't exactly exaggerating their turmoil.
Dead Account
Please Delete

01-09-10, 6:30 AM

I HATED THIS EPISODE! >.<
Instead of solving the problems in the series, they just put some random things =(

01-19-10, 4:35 PM

Fear of being alone = one of the most basic human fears there is.

I thought it was a great episode. Yes, there was no real answers to anything but it did give an excellent insight into the motives behind the character's (especially Misato's) actions. As has already been pointed out - NGE is about the characters and the basic psychology of the human race, not the action.

I watched NGE for the first time about 2 years ago and to be honest I didn't understand alot of it, especially the final few episodes. Watching it for the second time, 2 years later, with a series of psychological experiences behind me, I finally get it. I can identify with so much that the characters say and if you can understand it, you will see that it is actually quite genius.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices