Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion

Pages (3) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 »
Poll: Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion

03-13-09, 1:30 AM

Prayermad said:
if you dont like the final two episodes you basically wasted your time watching the previous episodes

true, I wasted my time watching the series. (I gave it a four) But I was curious as to why it was so popular, so at least I satisfied my curiousity.

03-13-09, 3:42 AM

There are some series that, even if not liked, deserve to be appreciated. I definitely think this is one of them.

I also happened to really like it.

03-13-09, 4:44 PM

M_A said:
There are some series that, even if not liked, deserve to be appreciated. I definitely think this is one of them.

you like crystal castles though. i mean come on, crystal castles. thats kinda like liking clannad.

oh wait...

03-13-09, 7:02 PM

Prayermad said:
M_A said:

you like crystal castles though. i mean come on, crystal castles. thats kinda like liking clannad.

oh wait...

Seriously?

What does my musical taste have to do with NGE? And the old "ill go look at his list and make fun of stuff that person liked" trick is really overused. Grow up.
Modified by M_A, 03-13-09, 8:24 PM

03-15-09, 3:36 AM

i dont want to grow up

03-15-09, 4:45 PM

you should consider it.

03-16-09, 8:18 AM

i'll consider it

03-16-09, 2:47 PM

marvelous.

06-28-09, 5:01 PM

CinemaZebra said:
What the fuck did I just watch?

QFT

06-29-09, 4:54 AM

That was quit a disturbing episode, really confused, but we learned more about the psychologic of the characters.
The music was really awesome especially the classical ones.
I really like this atmosphere close to dementia and I really loved this episode.

08-02-09, 5:55 AM

I have to agree that this episode was worthless!!I was really disapointed with this episode!!

08-11-09, 9:53 PM

...weird...and...amazingly...interesting...at...the...same...time...

08-27-09, 2:41 PM

Great episode. It effectively portrayed the mentality of Shinji, Asuka, Rei, and Misato. Interestingly, it seems all four of them have the same fear: they don't want to be alone. Another point of interest was the image of Misato and Ritsuki dead with bullet wounds. But, if you think about it, this series was never about the action. It's really about the characters and their degrading mentality.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

10-03-09, 11:51 AM

Boring and mindfucking at the same time. Talk talk talk talk. It didn't give me an answer to anything! But what ^ said it gave a better understanding of the characters.
Hoping for some action in the last episode. >,>

11-09-09, 4:03 PM

It was watchable, didn't like it much though, through the middle of the episode I had to remind myself "oh wait this is mind fuck" but seriously this clearly shows Gainax was freaking broke... there was like 10% animation in here, the rest are images standing still and voice actors.

What I liked about this episode: The characters are really fuked up

I just wanna watch End of Evangelion!, I have to finish this.

12-08-09, 9:11 AM

This episode was...different. Weird psychological shit happening. I thought it was a decent lead up to the last episode though. Probably setting up the proper mood.

12-28-09, 12:42 AM

insan3soldiern said:
Great episode. It effectively portrayed the mentality of Shinji, Asuka, Rei, and Misato. Interestingly, it seems all four of them have the same fear: they don't want to be alone. Another point of interest was the image of Misato and Ritsuki dead with bullet wounds. But, if you think about it, this series was never about the action. It's really about the characters and their degrading mentality.

Definitely, it is adding to the depth of these characters and their development, or I guess, deprecation in fact. It's just difficult to sit through and watch this for me.

Well, since this episode is setting for the finale, I expect the darkest of tones and the final absolute shat to hit the fan.

Well played Gainax.

12-30-09, 7:25 AM

insan3soldiern said:

I couldn't agree more, this is what NGE is all about. Anyone watching this series for action is definitely watching the wrong series.

Anyway, it looks like everyone is just a pin drop away from having a complete mental breakdown. However, with their pasts and what is currently happening to them, it isn't exactly exaggerating their turmoil.
Dead Account
Please Delete

01-09-10, 6:30 AM

I HATED THIS EPISODE! >.<
Instead of solving the problems in the series, they just put some random things =(

01-19-10, 4:35 PM

Fear of being alone = one of the most basic human fears there is.

I thought it was a great episode. Yes, there was no real answers to anything but it did give an excellent insight into the motives behind the character's (especially Misato's) actions. As has already been pointed out - NGE is about the characters and the basic psychology of the human race, not the action.

I watched NGE for the first time about 2 years ago and to be honest I didn't understand alot of it, especially the final few episodes. Watching it for the second time, 2 years later, with a series of psychological experiences behind me, I finally get it. I can identify with so much that the characters say and if you can understand it, you will see that it is actually quite genius.

02-09-10, 3:55 PM

didn't expect to love this ep as much as I did =)
psychological character exploration is awesome
"Father yearned for yesterday. You yearn for today. I yearn for tomorrow." -Lelouch

05-15-10, 6:24 PM

I thought this was Judgment Day, at first, but maybe it was really Judgment Day Gendo style. Sorry, Shinji, but your dad really is an asshole! :D

Trying to be God and using Instrumentality is equivalent to dividing by zero.

I would hate Judgment Day to be like this, though. Shinji had a reason to kill the Last Angel, but I guess because his motivation was wrong and selfish made it mean nothing. In any case, this reminds me of what it's like being in one of those apocalyptic cults. Good ol' days of self-interrogation of the nth degree.
Modified by aixelsyd, 05-15-10, 6:27 PM

06-14-10, 1:23 AM

Gotta be the worst episode I've ever watched.
It's like being locked in a dark room and hearing people bitch, moan, and scream at you for half an hour.

Oh wait, that pretty much summarizes this episode. Fucking Gainax.

Zelgato said:
I was dead tired when I saw this episode. It gave me a head ache.

Trust me, you don't need to be tired to get a headache off this.
Modified by mel, 06-14-10, 1:27 AM

06-14-10, 1:53 PM

ep 25/26 - enjoyed them the most

none of anime have made me to think about my life, about my selfe, about people around, as Eva did
"Living is what scares me. Dying is easy."
-Charles Manson

06-18-10, 8:55 AM

i wasn't expecting the whole episode to be like this, it was emotionally strong and hard to watch, but it helped to understand the characters motivations... at this point i don´t really know what to expect from ep 26 ...

06-26-10, 3:50 PM

Stuck in a thought cycle.
It's like LSD (but not in the bright, colourful, happy way as some people imagine it to be).
Great episode.

07-04-10, 2:50 PM

Mmrph, I don't like the psycho babbel... I bet its gonna be pretty much the same in the next episode... I knew I should of stopped at 24 and watched End on Eva in place of 25/26

07-26-10, 9:18 AM

I didn't like this episode at all. It was so boring that I could hardly follow what they were talking about~ I hope the last episode won't be this pain in the ass to watch~

08-02-10, 8:46 AM

one-more-time said:

none of anime have made me to think about my life, about my selfe, about people around, as Eva did

Agreed. I'm going through a time in my life that is very hard on me psychologically, and this series is just evoking so many emotions and making me have so many different types of thoughts... both about the anime and about my personal life. I literally sat at my screen stunned and deep in thought through this episode. No series has done that (granted, I haven't seen too many but you get the point) ever before.

08-25-10, 6:14 PM

Lol this Anime is fucking up with me. So now they're telling me that Shinji is the creator of everything. The post-apocalyptic world where Evangelions and Angels exist were all made up by Shinji. Well atleast that's what I understood in that darkness where everything is black except for Shinji and the main characters.

Okay so what was that project all about? Human bla-bla project by Commander Ikari? What the fuck was that all about? What happened to the Angels? Seele? Adam? Were all those part of the project just for Shinji to wake up? Lol what the fuck man just what is this shit man I'm so confused.

All I get is that everyone is lonely and doesn't to be alone in this world.

10-14-10, 4:46 PM

This is going nicely and I can't wait for the Grand Finale!
Oh boy, What kind of stunt are they going to pull off?

10-15-10, 1:58 PM

xephemeroptera said:
didn't expect to love this ep as much as I did =)
psychological character exploration is awesome

QFT

I loved the way this made me think about myself and what purpose I find in life. It also gave us a nice insight on the characters' minds and past.

Also, it seems like the Human Complement Project (or whatever it's called) is something that has to do with uniting everyone's mind so people can complement each other weaknesses. It's an interesting idea but my opinion is that it should have remained only an idea.

The only complaint I have is the excessive re-use of footage from other episodes. At some situations they used the same footage and just talked differently. I didn't like that. Maybe their budget was low...

11-08-10, 4:41 PM

well that was a waste of time.

11-09-10, 7:27 AM

I love it
I'm one of those "crazy" eva fans that absolutely adores the last 2 episodes

11-09-10, 1:11 PM

I can haz mind f**k? What the hell was that?!

Now I have a huge headache. Great. Thanks.

11-17-10, 4:21 PM

cantius said:

why u trollin' bro :s
"Living is what scares me. Dying is easy."
-Charles Manson

11-17-10, 6:35 PM

one-more-time said:
cantius said:

why u trollin' bro :s

LOL, expressing your opinion isn't trolling.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

11-19-10, 5:03 PM

Trippy as hell, and somewhat disappointing. Psychological, yes, but tedious. They definitely could've packed more action into this episode. I wonder how the final episode's gonna wrap everything up?

01-01-11, 8:00 PM

Pretentious bullcrap, a lot of psychobabble, what sense could be made out of it could have been reduced to a five minute ep. I thought the frozen scenes and repetition of the same frames in previous eps were annoying but this... time definately wasted.

Not sure whether to roll my eyes or sigh after watching...

01-15-11, 8:43 PM

Lol i was going crazy watching this episode..

02-15-11, 1:17 AM

Too much forced DEEPness.
Modified by Homolust, 02-15-11, 1:45 AM

02-24-11, 12:37 AM

Love love love love.

Only negative aspects were the recycling of nearly every piece of animation, and a hardcore lack of Penguins in Shinji's mind.

03-16-11, 3:43 PM

Uh, this doesn't make any sanse at all anymore...

The anime started out as a pretty simple mecha fighting series, which I didn't like. Then it started to focus more on the characters, and less on the fighting part (I guess), which I kinda liked. But from there it went downhill and now it makes no sense at all...
Azusa <3

05-08-11, 10:28 PM

So strange.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

05-15-11, 4:04 AM

yare yare , This "I'm me in your mind, im lonely, i'm hated , im blah blah blah" is not the best part of this anime i can tell :-/
BTW: Do I miss any worthwhile anime-romance from guy's point of view in MAL? Let me know without hesitation :)

06-02-11, 7:09 PM

I remember the first time a saw this with my pal and his words were "Welcome to the mind rape" at that time i agree with him because i didn't get much of what was going on (it really is difficult to keep up with this) but i have to say that episode 25-26 is the real evangelion

The longing for love, being accepted, being with someone...all of that things depict what a human is or at least part of our very existence, cause we only exist when we coexist with others (filosophy yeah i know..)

07-05-11, 10:27 PM

Ive never watched anything as taxing on my mind as this episode.
Total MindFuck at its finest.

Finally im unable to understand most of it...
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

08-09-11, 6:38 PM

This episode was such a horrible mindfu*k that I could barely stand it(I guess that's the point of it being a mindfu*k to start with). I probably spent 40 mins on 20 mins episode and I'm even kinda' sleepy. I agree that this may be the real Evangelion, because it differs too much from the other episodes. I feel like these 20 minutes were more important than it might seems at first. I just hope next episode is not so confusing or I don't know what my thoughts on the anime will be. I'll probably score it tomorrow, though.
I finally realized how good the ED actually is. It felt so nice after all I saw...
p.s. I feel like watching some bullshit after this depressing mindfu*king anime. Something mindless like Hidan no Aria.

08-31-11, 4:10 PM

RangFlash said:
I loved this episode. It was directed in a very strange and memorable way. The psycho babble was not really babble in my opinion, because it made sense when compared to the rest of the show.

I agree with what u said the problem was that it was a bit too long.
Sheepshaman.png

11-22-11, 4:11 AM

Really DEEP episode! K-PAX IS SHIT!

+pic related

MyAnimeRecommendation

Mandalorian Space Marine in a Battletech Mech = overkill.

I iz LOGH fanboy! WAAAAAGH!!! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!!!!!

Pages (3) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 »