Forum Settings
Forums

'Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: Case Series' Manga to Receive TV Anime Adaptation Airing April 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
NeoAnkara said:
I hope Tantei Gakuen Q will also get more anime too. Between that, Kindaichi and DC I think that the case in Tantei Gakuen Q is more engaging.

Oh God, yes. We need more detective anime, though I wish they'd tone down a bit on murders and include some stuff like robberies and kidnappings (without any murders). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if this one's gonna be any different on that area.
At least it's a different detective anime. Conan's been the only one for years and the structure gets boring after a couple hundred episodes.

Too true, but really, we could have an awesome case about a robbery which would probably be a lot more entertaining than one about a murder.
Usualy if it's not about Kid then it's nearly always about bombing in Conan.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 22, 2014 4:59 PM

May 2012
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
NeoAnkara said:
I hope Tantei Gakuen Q will also get more anime too. Between that, Kindaichi and DC I think that the case in Tantei Gakuen Q is more engaging.

Oh God, yes. We need more detective anime, though I wish they'd tone down a bit on murders and include some stuff like robberies and kidnappings (without any murders). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if this one's gonna be any different on that area.
At least it's a different detective anime. Conan's been the only one for years and the structure gets boring after a couple hundred episodes.

Too true, but really, we could have an awesome case about a robbery which would probably be a lot more entertaining than one about a murder.

Almost all detective anime do have robberies but it most of the time is just a lead up to a murder because the authors use the idea from 1800s of how the readers won't be satisfied with nothing else than a murder case, but most of the time when they add that the case itself becomes really good actually. It's not just anime either where it works like that, crime shows themselves usually get better episodes when they add something like that to me. (the robbery to the murder case I mean)
As long as it's not told at the end of a case/episode about how they were friends because of some robbery and killed themselves and random crap like that. I guess it's kinda about the execution of the plot? Kindaichi has some really well executed plots like the first case but that's mostly the anime since it crams alot into the episodes, the manga has spread double pages of just one panel where Kindaichi says something like "it's that person after all! (add a name)", that's just lame as hell when you could have used 2 pages on something more important, he's even saying the obvious. Also like every case turns into a manor case in it.

I think it's true that TGQ might be the, I won't say the best, but definitely the most consistent one. (Anime) I like how the "super detective" is spread into multiple people, and there's not just one super intelligent one with near perfect senses and experience, I won't say anything about knowledge because that just tells you how vast the authors knowledge is/are. But it's only 45 episodes too I think so it's an easy watch.

As for Conan the plot structure for each case is really similar. It doesn't help that it's even worse with the fillers there, they're almost always 1 episode long, too. It's the same with all of them actually, but whatever, it's the longest one after all so that part really sticks out. The cases are short so they don't really manage to tell a story as well that often to be honest. It does have great cases here and there but most of the time, it's just that you know what you get and a bit on top with the extra stuff it adds at the beginning and end of the chapters usually with the main storyline. It's simply too long but it's the most dialogue heavy out of all of them. It can have ridicilous amounts of dialogue in one page while it's showing something on the background at the same time as the character explaining something is doing something, it's perfect at that but when the case is simply not interesting it can be a massive headache to try and read all of it. That's why I mostly just watch the anime which kinda takes its time and it's easier to notice the stuff. Yes its a chore since the case wasn't all that to begin with...

I'm even more hyped to see how this works, I think it's going to turn out real good since they have the material there.
k11chiFeb 22, 2014 5:46 PM
Feb 22, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
NeoAnkara said:

I remember a couple of non-murder Detective Conan cases that were pretty damn awesome. One was a robber case that had 0 murders but was still amazingly executed.
Feb 22, 2014 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
NeoAnkara said:

I remember a couple of non-murder Detective Conan cases that were pretty damn awesome. One was a robber case that had 0 murders but was still amazingly executed.
Mind remind me about it? I forgot which episode with robber that didn't have any murder.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 22, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
Tantei Gakuen Q's done. Most of the arcs in manga have been pretty much adapted into anime and the rest is covered in Live-Action. There's really nothing more to adapt unless it's a bunch of OVA side-stories.

Well, unless you're talking about re-making the franchise
Feb 22, 2014 9:42 PM

Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
mayukachan said:
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
NeoAnkara said:

Mind remind me about it? I forgot which episode with robber that didn't have any murder.

563-564 I believe! :)
Feb 22, 2014 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
Well Akai Shuuichi made that episode.
Feb 22, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Well Akai Shuuichi made that episode.

Yeah, he makes everything better haha
Feb 22, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
Woah, it got another anime?
I honestly couldn't see any special spark so far in the old show, but I guess I'd have to watch it more to get why it's seemingly so popular.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Feb 23, 2014 5:46 AM

May 2012
Amiluhur said:
Tantei Gakuen Q's done. Most of the arcs in manga have been pretty much adapted into anime and the rest is covered in Live-Action. There's really nothing more to adapt unless it's a bunch of OVA side-stories.

Well, unless you're talking about re-making the franchise

They could just hire some people into making anime original episodes? they have the characters and the structure there, it's just all about hiring a decent writer at this point.

Actually a movie would be great.
k11chiFeb 23, 2014 6:36 AM
Feb 23, 2014 8:38 AM

Jan 2007
I am actually quite glad to read this news. I watched the first few episodes of the 1997 series some years ago, and enjoyed it, it was the kind of cozy detective show I like, but sadly it never got fully subbed, so I never got back to it.
Feb 23, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2011
I'm really hoping the news of this might actually get the subtitle project of the original series back in gear. They did a great job with the quality of their subtites, but there are still like 100 episodes left. There's actually still an IRC channel that a few people idle in from that project. Perhaps if someone offered to help translate it could get started again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 6:33 AM
Jul 2012
The plot looks definitely interesting. Haven't seen other shows by this one before, but by the looks of it looks like it's going to be rerun right?. If it is than I will watch this show.
Feb 27, 2014 4:48 AM

Nov 2007
OP: Tokyo Performance Doll
http://animeanime.jp/article/2014/02/27/17631.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2010
LayedBack said:
I'm really hoping the news of this might actually get the subtitle project of the original series back in gear.

Doremi has released the episodes 30-32.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.