MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion »» Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

160 63.49%
4 out of 5: Liked it

39 15.48%
3 out of 5: It was OK

29 11.51%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

12 4.76%
1 out of 5: Hated it

12 4.76%
Voters: 252

10-03-09, 5:38 AM

I jumped when Shinji finally killed him after a time of MUSIC (instead of silence, lol).
A bit confused with who Kaoru was, he was an angel? But not a bad one? And why did he want to die? Blabla. Wtf is Lilim? Adam is Lilith? Who's Adam? Who's Lilith?

10-16-09, 7:16 AM

Ishida Akira :O That's reason enough for me to like Kaworu xD
Wth was that eyehand of Ikari's? Did he call it Yui? o.O Or was he just looking at it and saying something to Yui anyway...

Kaworu says all those things to Shinji. Shinji blushes heavily for the first part of the episode, then says 'you betrayed my heart'...I ACTUALLY LIKE IT MORE THAN SHINJI/ANYBODY ELSE. Even though I'm not usually a BL in my anime fan, KaworuxShinji ftw.
Yes, I'm serious.
I think this was more than just fanservice-y shounen-ai. Shinji needed somebody who would tell him: you're a good person, you're worthy of being loved. That bitch Asuka would never give him what Kaworu could have.
I really believe that he could have made Shinji happy. -sniff-

Kaworu was adorable, no matter what happened, he smiled in that Ishida Akira-voiced-character way, which is... mmmmm x3
I regret that he was only given that one episode, more background and emphasis on him and Shinji slowly bonding would have made this so much more intense. And maybe establish Kaworu's position as my favourite NGE character, which I'm afraid of calling him after only that one episode even if that's what I feel like.

Although...it was still pretty damn intense when Shinji was holding Kaworu in his hand. Oh my God, so sad. :(

...And I just realised that this is the longest post I've made on a NGE episode discussion thread. It's all about Kaworu. Go figure.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

10-21-09, 10:35 PM

Cero said:
Was that moment of nothingness really needed? ;-;

Well, the true reason for that long shot was due to the developers not having enough money to produce more animation. So instead of just having the show on hiatus or just canceling it, they decided "fuck it, let's finish the series showing the viewer how we're making up for it". It also explains why that episode was trying to put so much with so little, the quick pace of the episode altogether.

10-21-09, 10:46 PM

Rokubungi said:
Cero said:

Well, the true reason for that long shot was due to the developers not having enough money to produce more animation. So instead of just having the show on hiatus or just canceling it, they decided "fuck it, let's finish the series showing the viewer how we're making up for it". It also explains why that episode was trying to put so much with so little, the quick pace of the episode altogether.

Well, fuck it because I think that moment was one of the most tense i've seen in anime. My buddy, who hardly ever watches anime, was on the edge of his seat the entire time. I think that says something, in and of itself.
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

11-09-09, 3:20 PM

tigerz said:
Now I know why I never really liked Shinji... Surrounded by all those girls and he does nothing... Now it all makes sense.

haha that made me lol.

Anyway, seriously this was a great episode, I honestly think it was a great development on part of Shinji, and if you ask me, realistic and deep, well done Gainax.

Gripe about some of the last episodes: Gainax tends to make many unnecessary looong scenes of emptyness or repeating the same one over and over to show deep, meaningful or disturbing moments (however it didn't work to well for me), my only complain about these last episodes.

insan3soldiern said:
Rokubungi said:
Cero said:

Well, fuck it because I think that moment was one of the most tense i've seen in anime. My buddy, who hardly ever watches anime, was on the edge of his seat the entire time. I think that says something, in and of itself.

Yeah it does seem Gainax was running out of budget in these last eps

11-29-09, 11:04 PM

That was incredibly intense. Best use of the glorious 9th in any show I've seen, sorry Stanley Kubrick.

12-07-09, 10:06 PM

This episode didn't really make sense. The last angel was also the 5th child. Who also fell in love with Shinji and wanted to die because Shinji made him happy? Weird stuff.

12-30-09, 6:57 AM

Quite an intense episode, showing just how painful it much be for Shinji.
Dead Account
Please Delete

01-09-10, 5:41 AM

Sleep in the same bed?
Haha XD
What a gay moment...

Also, I wonder Kaoru was the last Angel...

01-19-10, 4:18 PM

Cebola92 said:
Sleep in the same bed?
Haha XD
What a gay moment...

Also, I wonder Kaoru was the last Angel...

Well technically there was no definite indication of sleeping in the same bed. Shinji was on the floor of Kaoru's room while Kaoru was in his bed. Kaoru offered to sleep on the floor but Shinji refused since it was Kaoru's room. I took this to mean they would swap beds not sleep in the same bed but I suppose there's no definite indication of either.

Anyway, I definitely think Kaoru should've had more episodes. I liked this episode but the Kaoru-Shinji relationship seemed a bit rushed. Half an episode was all it was developed in really.

And yes, Kaoru was the 5th child AND the 17th angel. Quite understandable really, the angels intelligence had been improving all the way through the series and they finally developed a more direct manner to contact the Eva pilots, evas and enter terminal dogma. What's most disturbing is that he was sent deliberately by Seele who up to now were intent on destroying the angels - or so we thought.

The music added great suspense to this episode, I thought it was very dramatic and full of suspense.

Oh and for whoever asked - Lilith is the 2nd angel, who is crucified in Terminal Dogma. Kaoru was looking for Adam - the first angel, whose fossel was brought to Ikari by Kaji earlier in the series. Kaoru (like many of the other character) obviously thought that it was Adam who was in terminal dogma and when he discovered it was actually Lilith his plan was hampered somewhat >.<

04-17-10, 11:42 AM

This gets more and more weird...
And when Kaworu's head fell off and sunk in water (or whatever liquit it was), I immediately thought about Hidamari Sketch (ie obligatory Yuno's bath and the end of each episode) and laughed.
So all the stuff about hiding Adam from angels is bullcrap, coz there was Lilith, not Adam, in Dogma?
And also we know now why Commander Ikari wears gloves all the time.
BTW, why the Ode to Joy?
Modified by vytah, 04-17-10, 11:51 AM

04-25-10, 6:47 AM

Whaat??? Since when did the writers decide that handing the plot over to a 13 year old girl for an episode was a good idea... "ZOMG Lets make a random bishie and maek him fall in loev with SHINJI!!!111oneeleven"

Being serious, the character of Kaoru was badly developed and makes a bit of a mockery of a series which has always had good character development. If they had introduced him 3 episodes ago I wouldn't be so annoyed, but they introduced him and got rid of him in the same episode... makes him seem like an unimportant filler character. Besides that it was a great episode even though it just creates more confusing questions about what the hell is going on.

05-15-10, 6:18 PM

The one character I remotely like gets killed off. Nice.

05-30-10, 4:16 PM

Probably my favorite episode in the series. The entire Kaworu/Shinji relationship breaks my heart. And that moment between them was so full of intensity, I don't understand how anyone could get bored watching it.

Also, HOMOPHOBIC HATERS TO THE LEFT. :|

06-04-10, 7:10 PM

Alright, first a commend on whoever said that Lilith was an Angel... I have this feeling you're gladly mistaken.

I surfed wikipedia a bit, and concluded that Lilith is like ... the 'God' the Lilim sprouted from. So, like, we seem to have 2 of these Geofronts. Each of them contained this God. One was Adam and I guess the other one is Lilith. Man were created from Lilith, as Lilim. And well, I suppose the Angels were created by Adam. And concluding from what Kaworu was sayin at his end, there can only be one race having a future on Earth, so humans or angels.

Ikari apparently has this sick idea of becoming god, and therefore he transplanted the embrio-form of Adam in his hand. I just figured that the Soul attached to the Rei-body-vessel is actually the soul of the first Angel, Adam. That would explain why Kowaro said that Rei and himself were alike.

What I don't get, is that every race on Earth has always fought for his existence. So why did Kowaro, fighting for the Existence of his race, the Angels, let himself be killed by the other race, namely, the Humans? how did the mother of all human kind, Lilith, change the mind of an Angel? That's weird!

Then again, if Rei is indeed the first Angels soul, and Ikari has Adams Body, they could be fused in order to revive the First Angel. I guess that's Ikari's masterplan. But why? Then he would have to fight all of the human race in order to win the struggle of the strongest. and then... he would end up being alone? What's the point of that?

Dude, I don't get it!

06-14-10, 12:40 AM

SUDDENLY, YAOI

How very homosexual of you.

06-21-10, 3:55 PM

To those wondering why Kaoru wanted to die, I think it has something to do with him living forever and wanting to end his existence once and for all. Also, there was something about angels becoming one with Adam which I don't get at all and something he did not want, he'd rather die than to have that happen.

06-26-10, 8:42 AM

Although I missed half of the dialogue of this episode thanks to my computer, this is one of my favourite episodes.
I'm disgusted at most of the replies though really.
It's debatable whether Shinji was sexually attracted to Kaworu or not...but I remain convinced that he was the only person to show Shinji true affection, so he clung to him.

06-30-10, 2:49 PM

2nd half of Evangelion = Mind rape.

07-26-10, 8:52 AM

I also didn't like this episode. Seriously was there any need for that gay angel? And even Shinji said he liked him, WTF?!

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices