MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Saiunkoku Monogatari »» Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion

View Poll Results: Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

13 68.42%
4 out of 5: Liked it

4 21.05%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 10.53%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 19

06-14-09, 8:52 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't believe Sakujun is dead T_T He's a very sad person and his ending was sad as well...I really feel sorry for him.

08-05-09, 8:56 AM

I can't believe I ended up feeling for Sakujun, I can't believe I ended up hoping that he survives... I just can't believe it... quite a tragic way to go too...

08-07-09, 1:50 AM

That was sad. I almost cried. Such a lonely man.

08-25-09, 5:31 AM

I think i really did cry Xxp
But it was like he didnt really die, because his body was gone...
I'm still hoping for him to come back...

12-30-09, 12:28 PM

this was just so sad... and he really loved her.. and i think that maybe just a little shuurei loved him back.. it's sad:(

02-17-10, 11:45 PM

Sakujun!!! He was really my favorite person since he busted on the scene and now he is dead....boo that!!! He really loved her, and I adored how he kissed her it was rather intimate with the blood I have to say...onto the next episode

04-24-10, 5:50 AM

It was quite suprising, the way he died... And I can't believe he really loved her... I wished she stayed with him till the end. I feel sorry for him that he had to die alone

06-11-10, 1:23 PM

Awwww. Its soooo sad that he died. I felt so sorry for him that he died alone and when he finally said her name she wasn't there to hear it.

06-29-10, 2:54 PM

That was quite pathetic the way he died...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

10-24-10, 12:29 AM

When they first showed the selfish side of his character I couldn't wait 'til they killed him off. Everytime he was with Shuurei I wished the scene would end. When he and Seiran were facing off I was always thinking, "Now, finally, he'll die!" And then when he was with Shuurei, dying... I felt sorry for him damn it! I mean, really, I've been waiting so long for this jerk to die and then I'm all sad face when he finally does die. You know a story is written well when you feel sorry for the character you hate the most.

On a different note, why are there so few comments in every episode discussion thread? Is this show really so unpopular? The animation is kinda lousy and the music is boring, but the story is actually really great! I wasn't expecting much from a bishounen reverse harem, but Saiunkoku Monogatari has impressed me a lot.

05-26-11, 11:41 PM

Iilia said:
When they first showed the selfish side of his character I couldn't wait 'til they killed him off. Everytime he was with Shuurei I wished the scene would end. When he and Seiran were facing off I was always thinking, "Now, finally, he'll die!" And then when he was with Shuurei, dying... I felt sorry for him damn it! I mean, really, I've been waiting so long for this jerk to die and then I'm all sad face when he finally does die. You know a story is written well when you feel sorry for the character you hate the most.

On a different note, why are there so few comments in every episode discussion thread? Is this show really so unpopular? The animation is kinda lousy and the music is boring, but the story is actually really great! I wasn't expecting much from a bishounen reverse harem, but Saiunkoku Monogatari has impressed me a lot.

Indeed. This show is far better than I expected. I'm definitely becoming more inclined towards shoujo now...

11-16-11, 8:16 AM

I think the plot development for Sakujun is just so awesome! From hating him, all the way to being sympathetic to even wish that he does not die!!

I really feel Ryuuki and Sakujun are parallel on some level, but are both different too. I like how Sakujun's character reveals another side of Seiran and his past.

Yes I agree with Iilia and Beric that the plot of this series is really great. The way the plot develops, the characters in play, it's all wonderful! I like the music too (it fits with the atmosphere and i wouldn't say it's boring) although at times the animations is a bit off..

03-04-12, 1:36 AM

Man I don't understand how any of you could like this douchebag. Even tho my post probably wont be read by many oh well. I've absoultely despised this crap its so stupid its really been ruining the series for me. Its all FORCED BS drama, Shurei doesnt and theres no way she would care for him. Hes a beyond being terrible, murdering for fun and to quench boredom, probably done far worst things we know about. Yet he leaves impressions on this girl who is incredibly strong willed? Uncharacteristic bs drama much? This is all just forced drama to make it more dramatic and to me its only hurt the story. She should have kicked the piece of garbage in the groin more than once.

/end rant

06-29-12, 11:22 AM

What? He just killed himself like that? I know he is a sad and lonely man with nothing to do with his life but I didn't get why I have to sympathize with him or people like him in general, who play with other people's lives because they're bored of their life and then feel no remorse about it. I say good-riddance to him, the only good thing his death will do is there will be one less hindrance to Shuurei and Eigetsu's governance in the Sa province. XP

09-29-12, 12:12 PM

Well, I'll agree with LuciferIAm's first sentence. Not so much the rest of it. But I'm glad he's dead, and am not sympathetic in the least. He was kinda an asshat.

09-30-12, 2:57 PM

ahh what a horrible way to get rid of a character just cuz they ll get in d way of d love between d main characters... ahhh >> I wont accept this..... :(

06-29-13, 8:12 AM

I can't believe Shuurei liked him. I haven't watched season 2, so he probably escaped and lived.

HOWEVER. He's a murderer. For fun. She knows it.

She still likes him? Cries about him? Seriously, I was hoping Seiren would bitch slap Shuurei for being so dumb.

It's so annoying... because her way of thinking is completely stupid.she wants some dude she knew for less than a month? Not Seiren? Not the Emperor? Yeah... bullshit story to create drama. If there is one hint in the second season that he is back, I'm dropping it.

08-25-13, 4:00 PM

I feel bad for Sakujun, but I guess at the same not so much. I still think that he's kind of a sad person because he couldn't really find anything he liked, and so he does stupid things like doing whatever he wants, killing people and whatnot. Some people are really like that in real life, having no goal or motivation (okay but at least they don't kill...), so he is somewhat of a sympathetic character. Yet, I would almost say good riddance in his case. In the end he only cared about Shuurei and if he couldn't have her, then I think he did a good job gambling on whether or not he was important enough for Shuurei to make him the tea. Which reminds me, why is Shuurei so stubborn? If I were her and he kept nagging for some of that tea, I would've just made it at least once for him. Also, he's kissed her like 3 times I think and she just kinds of stays there, like what?

07-03-14, 11:49 PM

Wow such a tragic episode T__T

Got me tears that's for sure.

First off the Russian roulette game was intense!! Even provided a twist that Sakujun put pretty much all of the sake with poison yet Seiran was able to withstand it all in the end!!

I also freaking knew the incense was the one that's driving the people crazy. The more i see these high rank officials commit crimes, it's always their house or room full of incense smoke and all.

The only thing i'm disappointed in the game is that they didn't talked about what happened after Sakujun picked up Seiran during the snowfall. Did he train Seiran to become one of the murderous thieves? How did Seiran managed to escape the group?

But instead they talked about Shurei all day. I don't mind it since both are obviously feels Shurei as an important person to them.

But man Sakujun said he was playing with lots of poision and his body grew resistant to it was kind of wow!!!

The moment i saw Sakujun's eye's being tired. I feared the worst T__T

What's even sad is he was the one playing the Erhu this time around. So he actually bet prior to the Russian roulette with Seiran.

Hot water has the poison that he's not resistant well, Gan Lu Tea has the antidote for that poison.

But at least Shurei knew in the end even if it was too late.

He even asked what rank he is to Shurei and gave her his last kiss. I thought the poison might get to Shurei, but nah no way in hell they would let that happen :P

I think Sakujun just wanted to be with Shurei. He never cared for the wedding ceremony, but instead just wanted to spend more time with Shurei. People say he's irritating and all, but you have to remember Ryuuki was also like this during the first few episodes.

Ryuuki even demanded Shurei to call him by his first name since everyone except him wasn't called by. I think Ryuuki was lucky that he was able to get some affection from Shurei. Something Sakujun wasn't able to receive at all.

Sakujun is the type of person who is looking for someone important to them. They want to experience what's it like protecting someone and doing something for someone for a change. He only did those manipulation just to kill time. Even though it's wrong and definitely evil of him. Deep down he is a sad man with no purpose in life until he met Shurei.

That's why i feel sorry for him. People may never even remember him once he die. Hopefully Shurei and the others will remember him despite whatever bad deed he has done.

If Ryuuki were to be depressed and bored as hell. I wouldn't be surprise if he turns out like Sakujun someday.

Though it kinda felt weird on how he was supposed to die a few minutes ago, yet he kept talking a lot of things until the last minute in the episode.

It maybe over dramatic, but i really enjoyed the scene and didn't want to end it like this T___T

So he finally dies. RIP Sakujun T__T

I praised Koyasu, Takehito for the amazing performance!! If he can be characters like Dio from JoJo who is ruteless and has no value for life of others while here he's more gentle and relaxing.

He is truly one of a kind seiyuu and perfect for Sakujun!

And i'm surprise this episode had a lot of discussion compared to past where only 2 people were replying.

And i can't believed this is not popular in MAL?!?! Seriously what the hell is wrong with you??

People bitched that Anime in the 2000s isn't good compared to the 90s.

Then we have shows like this who missed out and flew people's radars.

Seriously this Anime is definitely one of the top 10s of the 2000s. Shame on you if you pass watching this show.

Oh well don't really care what others say. This is definitely one of the defining highlights of the show and i'm glad i watched this show from beginning towards the end!

Can't wait to wrap this up. I notice Ryuuki and his other subordinates(RRan, Shuuei and others) didn't get any screen time besides helping Shurei in their journey.

Glad there's season 2 which has the same length as season 1(39 episodes) so more Saiunkoku Mongotari is always welcome!!

Love this series!!!! ;)

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices