Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 24, 2010 9:29 PM

Nov 2008
It was a nice and relaxing episode. I feel like this is the start of a new arc in the story. Can't wait for next week!
Apr 25, 2010 1:14 AM

Mar 2010
I liked the first series... but this series are good. :3

I cracked up with the "growing taller" part. So funny.

and the baby part... pretty cool how they Incorporated all that together with the Rush Valley part. But still, old series will always be awesome! :3
May 19, 2010 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
For the first time I actually noticed something that was in the first FMA but not in this one (I don't remember many details from first FMA). Looking forward to seeing the stuff about their master.
Jul 3, 2010 7:44 PM

Aug 2009
I smell something in here. I can just imagine Edward having a new and better automail. Who knows? Maybe Winry will learn how to make better automails and that can help Edward a lot. He might grow taller or something, lol.

Okay so it was a nice episode. It was like this episode was setting up the mood for the next thing that's going to happen. I just wonder who is this skilled technician grandpa told Winry about.

Also in the end, did anyone notice those wanted pictures? I think those people are going to play a role in the future. Gah another bad guys. :(
Jul 9, 2010 6:01 AM

Apr 2010
That's a good episode I must say, alittle bit humorous in the delivery part. It's cute too.

I hope Dominic-san accepts Winry as his apprentice I'm sure she just proved herself in this episode!(●>v<●)
Sep 8, 2010 8:57 AM

Jun 2010
Always my least favourite, I think I have a phobia of pregnancy and babies
Oct 10, 2010 1:28 AM

Jul 2009
magelet said:
Loved the episode. Winry and the other mechanics fangirling over automail was awesome, the whole birth scene was perfect, and the scene between Ed and Winry was well handled, imo. And despite what some people think, I enjoyed the humor. I was cracking up at all the little Ed!fleas. xD

Can't wait for Izumi and little!Elrics next week!

LOL, ...they were ed fleas...that makes since it was so brief and i wasn't wearing my glasses, i thought they were lil Ed sperm.
I loved the episode.it was funny, cute, and sweet. great way to establish more depth
Oct 31, 2010 12:10 AM

Jan 2010
I loved this episode because of Winry and Ed together (the baby as well), and that scene at the end was somehow one of the best scenes I have seen in a while.
Dec 11, 2010 11:20 PM

Nov 2009
The more I watch FMA the more I find myself wishing I had some sort of childhood friends :/
Mar 16, 2011 6:31 PM

Mar 2010
another episode i also noticed all the changes that have been made

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 21, 2011 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
I generally dislike comparing this and the original anime. But, I really like the direction they seem to be taking Winry and Ed. I remember the Rush Valley episodes being rather pointless in the other one, so the fact that this was a character development episode really pleased me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 29, 2011 9:00 PM

May 2010
I liked this episode, it was mostly lighthearted. By the way, this storyline is moving fast.
May 2, 2011 9:05 PM

Oct 2010
I should probably watch FMA1 since everyone says it's better. :

Loved this episode. Ed and Al freaking out are just =)).
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 2, 2011 12:55 PM

Dec 2010
I see a lot of concepts remade here, but it's remake of FMA after all. Some of them I like, some of them I don't. The three wanted posters at the end suprised me, and the Greed's one interested me the most. Can't wait to see him again.
Btw, just as I thought(since FMA) Ed is so short because of his automail *stares at Winry
MeritasJul 2, 2011 1:41 PM
Aug 3, 2011 12:13 AM
Jul 2010
This episode felt like a break from all the complicated things going on. It was still great though. 1. It was damn funny; and 2. Character development FTW.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 4, 2011 4:00 AM

May 2010
Enjoyable ep.

Character developments and comedy.. =)

Tall Ed made me LOL. xD
Oct 29, 2011 1:38 AM

Oct 2009
Winry so cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2012 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
No more Winry...? :(
Jun 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Jun 2009
Winry is awesome, that's all there is to it. As I said in my previous post, I like how this series develops Ed and Winry's relationship in a very genuine way. The episode did feel somewhat fast though at parts but still good.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 12, 2012 4:00 AM

May 2012
Nice episode though I lacked allot of information in this episode that was shown in the original like the arm wrestling battle and that the thief made a deal with winry, etc this also lost some impact for the ending, I don't quite remember the birth or that winry wanted to be apprentice with him but either way not a bad episode though I think they packed a bit to much! Like also the wanted posters at the end we never seen the episode with the mineworkers and that captain who forced taxes on all of them... oh well it's good that I've watched the original as well to make a full complete story out of it and it's still nice to see some compact story of FMA!

Great episode non the less! Up to the next one :D
Oct 29, 2012 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
Boba_Fett said:
Nice episode though I lacked allot of information in this episode that was shown in the original like the arm wrestling battle and that the thief made a deal with winry, etc this also lost some impact for the ending, I don't quite remember the birth or that winry wanted to be apprentice with him but either way not a bad episode though I think they packed a bit to much! Like also the wanted posters at the end we never seen the episode with the mineworkers and that captain who forced taxes on all of them... oh well it's good that I've watched the original as well to make a full complete story out of it and it's still nice to see some compact story of FMA!

Great episode non the less! Up to the next one :D

pretty much nailed it :P

i think they added the baby scene here to compensate for not seeing Gracia deliver Elicia(the first season has that).

not to mention Ed and Al actually met Dominic and interacted with him, Ed even smack Paninya for stealing the silver watch :P

in the first season it was supposed to anger and challenge Ed since winry gave the watch herself.

and yes we didn't get to see the Tax episode.

then again a certain important character which is exclusive in the first season of the anime and not the manga appears there

overall it's pretty much identical, im not sure if some of the scenes from the first anime is from the manga and they just cut it here to save time.

and yes it's good to experience both at the same time to compare the differences :)
Jun 25, 2013 12:42 AM

Nov 2012
"Peninya the pick pocket" bit of a mouthful.
Jul 29, 2013 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
That Painya's voice is Nami's voice from One Piece.
Sep 14, 2013 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
A little suprised ed seemed very un-cynical here. ALthough I like ed cynical.
He said something about maybe praying to God this once.
And the "awesome, people are awesome" thing
I wonder if the God line was in the original sub, I watched the dub.
Oct 11, 2013 4:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really like Wenry's character. She's cheerful and bright without being over the top or annoying. She balances the brother's out well.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2013 2:00 PM

May 2013
Good thing they skipped that arm wrestling thing cuz that shit was borriiiiiiiiiiiing
Oct 19, 2013 6:26 PM

Apr 2013
Lol Windy was all crazy over those automails :P
This episode felt like a well made filler. And now Al and Ed are on their own.
Nov 20, 2013 4:43 AM

Oct 2013
winry alone in the world
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 22, 2013 5:10 AM
Oct 2012
Peninya is interesting character... what a face made Ed and Al during childbirth haha!

Up to the next episode! xD
Dec 20, 2013 10:58 AM

May 2013
I love how the grandfather went all Hughes doting like XD

at first, I was like, who the hell-- oh. LOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!
Dec 21, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
-that Paninya pissed me off in the 2003 version... she pissed me off more in this version!.. I want to pay that person who gave me this auto-mail by giving him items that I pickpocket - genius
Mar 18, 2014 11:22 AM

Jun 2011
Lol at taller Ed, otherwise this episode was meh. Nami as Paninya.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 3, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
I'm really glad they ended this town's arc in one ep. I don't actually like Winry that much and I hope this anime doesn't get into too much of a romance by the end of it, I like my shounen to stick to being shounen.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jun 7, 2014 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Tall Ed looked so weird haha!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 9, 2014 5:32 PM

Jan 2012
It was flat out stupid that Paninya changed her stealing ways because of one obvious statement from a stranger. Paninya sucks anyways, especially her name. Panini.

Necessary but rather dull episode.
Sep 24, 2014 5:03 AM

Jan 2014
Uhn! A cute baby!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 30, 2014 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
I think that this episode was completely rushed and unnecessary, like they were trying to shove as many story arcs and plot points as they could into an episode. You may argue that Winry was pretty extraordinary in this episode but that was only because the plot demanded her not to be redundant to the episode, evidence for this is the fact that they just shoved in a plot point saying that Winry used to read medical books instead of children's books as a child. However, since she said herself that she hadn't even seen a pregnancy being carried out before and the absence of a doctor made it hard to believe that there were no problems, even minor, during the baby delivery. My opinion of her was even further reduced when seeing her blatant disregard of personal belongings, why else would Ed seal the pocket watch using alchemy if it wasn't for a particularly touchy subject. My main gripe for this episode would be the idiocy of Paninya - i'm sure you know why from the explanation in the episode but every move made from her was so irritating that it really hurt the episode, honestly don't know why people like this episode so much.
Dec 23, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
Cool episode. Just got back to this series of a hold up. Will deffo finish it this time :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2014 8:28 AM
May 2012
Awww, good episode~
So, this is where the birth scene really happened. It was nice.
Damn girl, don't go around stealing shit to repay what someone did to you. That's just stupid =_= I hope her character develops.
I am glad that Winry has a more solid role now.
Apr 17, 2015 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
Eh Paninya is kind of a bitch in this version.
May 9, 2015 10:20 AM
Jul 12, 2015 2:46 AM

Jun 2015
next up
Jul 21, 2015 10:06 PM

Oct 2014
Ed and Al avoding the room with the delivery and freaking out was hilarious, haha. Great relationship building between Ed and Winry, liked the new characters too (for the most part). The bit with the engraving in the pocket watch was also cool to see
Aug 22, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode with very fun scenes! Loved Winry in this one!
Dec 8, 2015 10:28 AM
Nov 2014
That was probably the most dramatic baby delivering scene I have ever seen.
Dec 10, 2015 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
The events take place in Rush Valley very differently from the FMA, the plot is very very different and also the narrative comes out changed, but in principle it is always very funny, but a few steps in history is done, even at the level of ties interpersonal. Drawings and animations than ever before, have a much higher level.
Jan 29, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2010
amazing episode, very lighthearted, compared to the last one..

The miracle of birth, eh?
i'm still surprised of how extremely good this anime is! :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 22, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2016
the way Al was fawning over the baby :)
he is too cute
Jul 6, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2017
I loved this episode so much! Winry actually being able to deliver a baby was amazing, and I love her and Ed's interactions!

Also, Ed and Al being amazed with the baby and The Miracle of Life™ was so pure, I love them so much :')
Mar 12, 2018 4:01 PM

Dec 2009
I'm sensing some shipping between Edward and Winry and I'm too excited for that.

What a nice change of pace from the last episode. Good to brace myself before the next tragedy.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.