Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2009 1:49 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All I can say is that I am happy that they managed to put all of that into one episode...

Next ep:
Jun 14, 2009 1:55 AM

Jul 2008
So this episode skipped over the arm wrestling thing and Edward cheating to win and instead focused on delivering the baby.

- I loved seeing Ed and Winry's talk. They have such a nice relationship with each other.
- Winry and automail. xDDDD She definitely loves it.
- The baby being delivered was wonderfully done, specifically Winry taking charge and Ed and Al freaking out.
- I've got to love Ed and Al being mesmerized by the miracle of life while Winry spazzes about machine guns.

A bit rushed, but I'm glad. I want to move on to new material already. With that being said, Izumi next episode. YESSSSS.

BEGINNER
Jun 14, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2008
I wonder why they are even bothering to re-do the parts that were already done in the first version - this isn't adding anything at all, except for rushed and unfunny attempts at humor.

They would have been better off starting with the manga-only plotline.

And we get yet another re-hash episode next week.
Jun 14, 2009 6:21 PM

Aug 2007
dbaranyi said:
I wonder why they are even bothering to re-do the parts that were already done in the first version - this isn't adding anything at all, except for rushed and unfunny attempts at humor.

Because surprise! Not everybody has seen the first season. Blows your mind doesn't it. :P

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 14, 2009 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
dbaranyi said:

Because surprise! Not everybody has seen the first season. Blows your mind doesn't it. :P

Given that the first version has been broadcast all around the world, it's hard to believe that anyone missed it, but I guess that anything is possible.
Jun 14, 2009 6:59 PM

Apr 2009
dbaranyi said:
WinterNightsFall said:
dbaranyi said:

Given that the first version has been broadcast all around the world, it's hard to believe that anyone missed it, but I guess that anything is possible.

Also consider that Bones wants this version to be true to the manga. The first version had that intention until it caught up to the concurrent manga at the time and Bones deviated from the content. So roughly the first 25 episodes were loosely adapted from the manga. There after it was Bones' direction.

We aren't that far off from "original" content soon so sit tight...

Aside from that...

I loved this episode. Showing more depth between Winry and Ed. Thats how it should be.. love it.
Jun 14, 2009 7:06 PM

Apr 2008
they carry out the plot differently .. i still kinda prefer the 1st season

Jun 14, 2009 7:29 PM

Jul 2008
dbaranyi said:

First because this is a remake

Second because it's not everyone who saw or want to see the original work and knowing that it don't follow the manga material all the way it's even more a reason for it.

Third is that it freacking air on TV, if it would have been OVA I would have understood if they skipped the first season similar material but it is not, a lot of viewer are not fully into the anime world and watch only a few show without even knowing if it follow the real material or not because they aren't even wondering about that.

The show is a remake not an OVA following material, i'm freacking bored to heard all of this ''why reshow this'' crap, it's like thinking that only the one who seen the original are watching this one, this idiotic way of thinking bore me ... I can assure you that a great part of the watcher didn't even heard the name of this serie before watching the first episode of the remake.

As for me I saw the first serie long ago and didn't read the manga, like I said I don't mind the remake of the earlier episode. The episode was good and I'm waiting forward to the new stuff but I have what some people doesn't have: freacking patience. Anime isn't the life, play game, go outside, have fun with friend, play sport and you'll see in no time the new material comming -.-

Still don't take everything I said that seriously, i'm quite calm and just express what I think, sometime a bit too much =/, but well it's hard to know someone mod by reading him when you can't even see his face, god that's one of the few point I hate of internet.
Jun 14, 2009 7:34 PM

May 2008
lol when Ed imagine himself taller i was like LOL

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 14, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2007
That was actually a really enjoyable episode. Winry was so cute in the beginning and Paninya was voice by Okamura Akemi. I just love her voice~

And seeing this made me very happy :3
Jun 14, 2009 8:38 PM

Dec 2008
Oh I very much like this episode! I think out of all the episodes so far, this episode was definitely the most diff from FMA1 - although I try not to compare the two, but I truly liked this version better.

I really wasn't looking forward to this episode at all because from what I could remember, Rush Valley seemed to be pointless in my opinion. Boy am I ever wrong :D!

Curious question (since I haven't read the manga): Was the wrestling and stealing cut out because it was not in the manga then? :P

I think my favourite part of this episode has got to be the conversation between Winry and Ed at the end not only is it important for the character development for both Winry and Ed...but the animation during that scene was stunning...I really love the close ups.

Other parts I liked included the Paninya chase, Ed fantasizing about his height, Ed/Ad scared to death during the birth scene, Ed's awesome awesome line, and the piggyback scene *giggles* :3

dbaranyi said:

Dude, as a of couple people have already mentioned, don't make such an absurd assumption that every anime fan or anime watcher have watched this series, regardless of whether or not it was shown all around the world or that it's popular. Many anime watchers like myself watch anime not because of popularity but because of the storyline itself. Plus, there are always new anime watchers each day.

It's also really important to understand that Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is by no means a continuation of Full Metal Alchemist (2003). Full Metal Alchemist (2003) itself is not considered to be the "first season" because Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is not a second season. It is a remake based solely on the manga, Omegaoveride did a very good job at explaining it.
Jun 14, 2009 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
greenmush said:

Lmao!!! that was hilarious xD

Jun 14, 2009 8:43 PM
May 2008
This episode was a pleasant surprise... since this episode had such a lighthearted atmosphere to it compared to the previous episodes melancholic atmosphere. I also thought that the delivery scenes and interaction between Ed and Winry was done really well given the fact that the episode had to be condensed to fit one episode. Overall great stuff and I can't wait for the next episode.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 14, 2009 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
Good episode. I lol'd at Ed and Al when they were feeling her stomache and Ed fantisicing about his height.
Jun 14, 2009 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
Man that baby was tiny, especially after seeing such a big stomach for the mom, and so was Paninya as as legless kid. Touching episode.
Jun 14, 2009 9:14 PM

Apr 2009
robbydesu said:

Curious question (since I haven't read the manga): Was the wrestling and stealing cut out because it was not in the manga then? :P

Nope, it was in the manga. They cut it out 'cause they needed to make room for everything, I think, 'cause they couldn't put everything from the 2 and a half chapters into the episode. So no wrestling scene, unfortunately. *Shrug*

It was okay. The chase scene was funnier in the manga 'cause of all the destruction and they changed a bit, but still okay. And it made me crack up several times. Especially when Ed imagined himself that tall. XD

But yaaaay, Izumi next. :D
Jun 14, 2009 9:17 PM

Dec 2008
Possk said:
robbydesu said:

Nope, it was in the manga. They cut it out 'cause they needed to make room for everything, I think, 'cause they couldn't put everything from the 2 and a half chapters into the episode. So no wrestling scene, unfortunately. *Shrug*
Oh that's interesting to know~...I'm actually glad that they took it out. I thought the whole wrestling and stealing thing was pointless. But it's disappointing to know that they cut it out considering the fact that it's in the manga :P Then again, no matter how much they say this is a remake - I guess they can't fit every little bit into the anime XD I'm still loving it so far though~
Jun 14, 2009 9:22 PM

Apr 2009
Loved the episode. Winry and the other mechanics fangirling over automail was awesome, the whole birth scene was perfect, and the scene between Ed and Winry was well handled, imo. And despite what some people think, I enjoyed the humor. I was cracking up at all the little Ed!fleas. xD

Can't wait for Izumi and little!Elrics next week!
Jun 14, 2009 9:37 PM

Jul 2008
This was a great episode, it had a lot of funny moments. I cant wait until next week.

robbydesu said:
Possk said:
robbydesu said:

Oh that's interesting to know~...I'm actually glad that they took it out. I thought the whole wrestling and stealing thing was pointless. But it's disappointing to know that they cut it out considering the fact that it's in the manga :P Then again, no matter how much they say this is a remake - I guess they can't fit every little bit into the anime XD I'm still loving it so far though~

What I think they are trying to do is trying to fit it all in one episode so we will get to the new content quicker. Hopefully once we get the new content they wont have to cut anything out.
Jun 14, 2009 10:12 PM

Sep 2008
For some reason, this time around, I wanted Ed to be a little bit more angry at Winry for opening his watch...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2009 11:48 PM

Apr 2009
I'm liking how they're building up Ed and Winry's relationship this time round. Can't wait for when Hawkeye
Jun 15, 2009 12:09 AM
Mar 2009
Raitora said:
I'm liking how they're building up Ed and Winry's relationship this time round. Can't wait for when Hawkeye

Oh... and this go round we may even be able to see the final result of that (as I haven't read the manga I don't know if this has become a 'never gonna happen' situation so don't flame me.)

Anyway, as I like to do, I'll point out the couple of things I DIDN'T like about the episode before going on to all the stuff I did.

1. The wrestling not being there. To be honest, I liked that bit, and I don't really think it'd be all that bad if they decided to stretch out the episode count a little, after all, the sooner we get to the end of the original anime, the closer we get to finishing the series off once and for all, and I don't want that coming around all that soon thank you very much.
2. The chase scene. For some reason I remember it being so so much more epic, but maybe that's just the fog of time over my memory. Still, it was pretty cool as is, cos we get to see Ed use his giant stone alchemy hands (I really love those things).
3. The baby. It was barely bigger than the fathers hand. I mean seriously, that thing was definitely premature if it was that size.

Things I loved:
1. Gaga over automail mechanics. Damn those guys are funny. And how Ed suddenly became this huge bobble-headed giant with a lightning sword arm when he got pissed was hilarious.
2. How when Paninya fired off her leg, Al's head fell off, but noone noticed and there wasn't that 'OH MY GOD YOU'RE AN EMPTY SUIT OF ARMOR!' reaction. That get's tiresome if used all the time, and by them keeping it out, it'll be funnier next time cos it will have been a while since we saw it (and it's their master's turn to say it next, so we all know that THAT will be friggin' hilarious).
3. As with everyone else, I find Ed's fantasies to be a constant source of hilarity.
4. Ed and Winry's talk. The development of character's is progressing beautifully, I love it when anime does that.
5. The noticeboard at the end, spoilers anyone? It pretty much tells you that the next episode or two will feature all three of those guys to an extent, and seriously, who's not looking forward to seeing the first two back in action again? (Can't for the life of me remember who the mustachiod guy is).

Jun 15, 2009 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
so they help bring in a new life, but wait a minute... didn't they already have experience doing that? or am i just thinking of the first series?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 15, 2009 1:08 AM

Aug 2008
kage-bunshin said:
so they help bring in a new life, but wait a minute... didn't they already have experience doing that? or am i just thinking of the first series?
Yeah your thinking of the first series.
Jun 15, 2009 2:45 AM

Jul 2008
Well, they cut of Paninya and Ed's awesome fight in town but ... I'll bear with it. but I'm happy that they made it on one episode.
Hopefully they don't rush the next episode 'cause it's one of my favorite parts in FMA.
And yeah, we aren't that far from new stuff ~ !

Jun 15, 2009 3:06 AM

Jul 2007
DesuMan said:

What I think they are trying to do is trying to fit it all in one episode so we will get to the new content quicker. Hopefully once we get the new content they wont have to cut anything out.

No lol.

Its clearly because the whole wrestling and "chase" chapter is, easilly, the worst chapter in the history of fma.

They did not cut that much from the latter material and they did not cut anything important from all previous episodes, so i REALLY don't see from where this whole "omg they are rushing eeet" meme comes in

dbaranyi said:

1. There are new viewers too.
2. Are you blind? MANY things are different already as they are. Heck this entire episode was different from FMA1
3. Are you ignorant? Its like saying that Hellsing Ultimate "should just have continued from where Hellsing ended". They needed to re-do stuff Anime1 butchered, obviously.

Sonja said:

Hopefully they don't rush the next episode 'cause it's one of my favorite parts in FMA.

Next episode will be easier to do, considering all "home" scenes were already shown in Ep2, they will, most likely show only the scenes we did not see in ep2.

Ogh and I bet the "island" stuff will get the "stills with Ed's voice-over" treatment quite well.
AhenshihaelJun 15, 2009 3:11 AM
Jun 15, 2009 3:09 AM

Apr 2009
Average episode~
Nice and all with all that Winry stuff, but nothing big as of yet. New material coming soon?
Jun 15, 2009 3:22 AM

Jul 2008
Nick_xD said:
Average episode~ New material coming soon?

Rush Valley - chapters were on volume 5 (aka chapters 17-19) and the new stuff starts around chapter... 30 maybe~ Anyway on volume 8.

Jun 15, 2009 3:30 AM

Jul 2007
Sonja said:
Nick_xD said:
Average episode~ New material coming soon?

Rush Valley - chapters were on volume 5 (aka chapters 17-19) and the new stuff starts around chapter... 30 maybe~ Anyway on volume 8.

Chapters 17-19 were already mostly NEW material.

Chapter 26 is 100% new material.

Next episode will cover chapters 20-25, excluding the stuff shown in Ep2, so that makes about 2-3 chapters for episode, which is good.
Jun 15, 2009 3:30 AM

Mar 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
For some reason, this time around, I wanted Ed to be a little bit more angry at Winry for opening his watch...

He should've smaked a bitch.
Jun 15, 2009 4:39 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
adamantine said:
I want to move on to new material already.

HawthorneKitty said:
yeah it seems like he was a lot angrier in fma1.

Raitora said:
X3 i haven't yet read the manga but i'm seriously excited to find out what happens with Ed and Winry!

also, i feel like in fma1 Paninya was portrayed way better in the flashback. It seemed more dramatic and dark. i feel like fma: brotherhood is overall way less dark and more "cheerful" (can't think of another word) than fma1
p r o f i l e 👀
Jun 15, 2009 4:46 AM

Sep 2008
Even though it was my least favourite ep so far i still enjoyed it. Guess i never thought of this bit being that great. The character development later in the ep was very good though. This episode was too much comedy for me, I'm not such a fan of the comedy style but i guess it made me laugh a few times (which is good since most series that try to use comedy these days can't even make me slightly chuckle at their jokes....) I'm a fan of this series story, characters, and seriousness.

I liked the shot of the posters near the end :P...
Jun 15, 2009 4:48 AM

Jun 2008
greenmush said:

yea i too soo lol'd at that one xD

also this was rly awasome ep, loved like everything about it =]
Jun 15, 2009 5:27 AM

Jul 2007
M_A said:
HawthorneKitty said:

and ruin the perfect EdWin romance moment? Nope.
Jun 15, 2009 5:29 AM

Dec 2008
Fai said:
M_A said:
HawthorneKitty said:

and ruin the perfect EdWin romance moment? Nope.
I know~ my heart skipped a beat when Ed piggybacked Winry :3 ~
Jun 15, 2009 8:03 AM

Aug 2007
Jun 15, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
i loved the episode and it was so funny to XD
it was cute whene ed had winry on her back ^^

did you notis that scar and greed was on a WANTED poster O.o
Edward Elric <3 Lavi <3 Fai. D Flourite <3 Shizu-Chan <3 Sause Uchiha ! <33
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=11018 - FMAB fan club. for thoses who wants to join ^^

Jun 15, 2009 8:23 AM

Feb 2009
The episode was great. Ed taller, was comic. xD

The scenes they cut were scenes that we have seen in the first FMA, they're trying to avoid remaking exactly the same thing.

For some reason i'm still watching thist. Dunno why

So, stop watching and posting. ^^
Jun 15, 2009 8:33 AM
Mar 2009
it was ok.... they just strayed to show rush valley

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jun 15, 2009 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
Didnt particurly like this episode as much of the last few, still cant wait till the manga original material ^^
Jun 15, 2009 9:39 AM

Jul 2008
gatta love the expressions used in this episode, it was perfect =D
looking forward to next episode
Jun 15, 2009 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
Frenz said:
Didnt particurly like this episode as much of the last few, still cant wait till the manga original material ^^

Then you are blind, sir, for Rush Valley was 99% manga original material.
Jun 15, 2009 10:11 AM

Dec 2008
I don't have much to say except that it was a very enjoyable episode ^^ It's a nice break from all the seriousness of before.I don't remember why but I never really liked Winry a whole lot before, but this episode definitely made me think very highly of her.
Jun 15, 2009 10:13 AM

Aug 2007
Just how could Winry get Ed's watch open if it was sealed with alchemy? Anyhow, great to see how they make use of Winry's past, her parents being doctors and she's helping with the baby. Agree with Aeterna, nice break. Also looking forward to Izumi, as I never got to see her as I didn't completely watch the first season.
DragonsWhipJun 15, 2009 10:17 AM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 15, 2009 10:16 AM

Feb 2009
This episode was good, I liked it. The humour is very much well fitted into their usuall situations, such as imagining himself taller and the odd bits of "flea, flea,flea" lol. It is progressing really well, and I for one only watched the first nine episodes of the series and I hated the way it was done thus droppinng it. I like how although they are remaking it is still good and well implemented from the manga. P.S is the manga nearly completed, I am guessing the pace they are going at they know that it is near completion, it would be good as we would get no fillers.
Jun 15, 2009 10:34 AM

May 2008
Monochrome said:
That was actually a really enjoyable episode. Winry was so cute in the beginning and Paninya was voice by Okamura Akemi. I just love her voice~

And seeing this made me very happy :3

mmm yes. I can't wait to him to show up

Jun 15, 2009 10:51 AM

Apr 2009
Raitora said:

I love that part. :)

Naruleach said:
also, i feel like in fma1 Paninya was portrayed way better in the flashback. It seemed more dramatic and dark. i feel like fma: brotherhood is overall way less dark and more "cheerful" (can't think of another word) than fma1

That's because FMA1 was a lot more melodramatic/angsty than the manga is. This series is much more faithful to the tone of the manga.

One thing I did notice upon re-reading these chapters of the manga is that they cut out the reference to Pinako(which I had forgotten about). Not exactly important, but it was funny/cute and it would have been nice to see that part animated.
Jun 15, 2009 11:13 AM
Dec 2008
All I can say is that I'm glad they've managed to put all that in one ep,made it a lil different than the manga tho,but its alright since this part wasn't so interesting.
Jun 15, 2009 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
Huge improvement on the first series. Everything that I didn't like was taken out, they decidedly went light (and it fits) and focused on Winry (who I'm gradually getting less bothered by). The first half was really great visually, backgrounds were lush and they even did some different things with having extras in the foreground to show off the city. Then the middle was a little bad going from SD reaction to SD reaction, and the end was again well done, but back to the usual sparseness in what's going on on the screen.

I liked it.
Jun 15, 2009 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
DragonsWhip said:
Just how could Winry get Ed's watch open if it was sealed with alchemy?

Alchemy is not a magic, but a short cut. Even IF it was "sealed with alchemy" (which i personally did not even catch), there's nothing preventing from someone opening it with the right kind of skills.

Sami092 said:
P.S is the manga nearly completed, I am guessing the pace they are going at they know that it is near completion, it would be good as we would get no fillers.

Arakawa has noted that she "would n ot want manga to pass chapter 100". We are currently at chapter 96 and anime is at chapter ~19 , and it seems that manga will either end with chapter 100 or ~105.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.