Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2009 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So what did you all think? I enjoyed it, really dug the 3D cel animation to it, very colorful special. Though I still liked "Superflat Monogram" a little bit better.
Jun 13, 2009 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
I was a little disappointed to be honest. Monogram was good but this just seems to be a rehashing. That and I'm really not a fan of cel-shaded animation.
Jun 13, 2009 11:16 AM

Dec 2007
mongram was much better

i had no idea that gaston luis vuitton was a bishonen before ;)
Jun 18, 2009 4:10 AM

Aug 2008
Yup, Monogram is better. This one isn't bad but music is damn annoying and animation inferior to the prequel as far as I remember.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 18, 2009 4:29 AM
Jun 2008
Monogram was much more charming than this one, but it was sort of funny to see her meet the person behind Louis Vuitton and get a crush on him.
Jun 26, 2010 4:58 AM

Jul 2007
loli > high school girl

Seriously though, I liked Monogram a little bit more but this was charming in its own way. The pandas were a lot friendlier in this one.

For all the visual upgrades, my favorite shot is rather simple.

Nov 24, 2010 1:27 PM
May 2009
Well, Murakami Takashi (sequel has been done by him solely) is not so good in directing, as Hosoda Mamoru is.
Jan 4, 2012 9:48 PM

Mar 2009
I liked the pandas especially the tiny one.
Mar 22, 2012 5:54 PM

Apr 2009
I agree with most people here, Monogram was definitely better. I have watched Monogram almost two years but I can still vividly remember it's BGM even while typing this post. XD

Yuunagi said:

For all the visual upgrades, my favorite shot is rather simple.

<!--link--><a href="http://img145.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010062619h56m31.png/">

Yeah I chuckled a bit when he was caught.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 3, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2010
I enjoye this a lot, the ending where they meet made me yearn for something.. I also liked the panda.. reminded me of someone that told me I had panda eyes..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 8, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2012
I enjoyed that there was more of an emotional story in this one (chasing after your cellphone isn't as emotional as falling in love, I think). But like everybody else stated, I definitely enjoyed Monogram much more. Monogram was much better with pacing, while First Love felt a little too fast for me personally. I think I just wanted it to be 5 minutes again so they all could have interacted more. Monogram was also much more visually stimulating, and I ended up rewatching it multiple times while this one, I was ok with just watching it once.
Nov 23, 2013 11:25 AM

Nov 2010
It was average. Wasn't really digging the art for the characters, the music was ok but not memorable. The story was also cliche too, the meeting a guy from the past or whatever and then seeing someone who looks similar when they go back. I believe that was even in that Martin Lawrence movie the Black Knight.
Sep 19, 2014 3:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I didn't like the animation as well as the prior version, but I was amused by this one's story. I laughed when the guy was caught climbing into his storage trunk. I'm sure he was thinking "whoa! I need to find that girl!"
May 24, 2016 2:33 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I enjoyed it the three-minute episode. xD I wouldn't have picked up that panda though.
Mar 3, 2018 4:46 AM

May 2012
Didn't really like the CGI, but in general it was quite fun to see actually, the story between those two was really enjoyable and especially that ending was great!
Sep 11, 2018 3:56 PM

Oct 2015
Another suck in by the colorful bear, except this one was a little bear sucking in a bit grown girl. So what was the theme of this one, falling in love with the designs of LV? Or falling in love with fashion or the work of Gaston? Or is it both?

The previous one was better, it had an impactful art unlike this 3D infested art. 4/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 7, 2023 7:22 AM

Jul 2017

it was very weird
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎 (ᐢ..ᐢ)
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ »[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎]«
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.