Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2007 1:01 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
agains such a great episode. but a litlle scary too, especially the scene where rin was about to calling reiji, or where aoki nearly went crazy in the train.
and now rin udnerstand now that she have to be nice to make someone like her, now i wonder how aoki will react to the new rin. only 2 more episodes to go!!!
Dec 15, 2007 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
I think this episode made it clear that, while Rin has an extensive adult knowledge and awareness of love and sex, she is still quite a child in terms of experience. She takes offense to "you're just a child" thinking people mean it only because of her age, but it's obviously more than that.

With the text message, she took advantage of something very serious (I assume she said Reiji was molesting her or something) just to have Aoki eat dinner with her. So of course he would get mad about it, making him worry for a trivial, childish thing as that. And I believe Rin finally realizes it. After Aoki stormed off, she wasn't upset about him getting angry, she was upset at herself, realizing that he cared about her and would rush to her side at a moment's notice if desperately needed .. and she abused those feelings.

This episode brings up a bit of concern for Aoki, though. On the train, well, I think he was just momentarily afraid of the consequences -- if he indeed was attracted to Rin in an adult way and never realized it. *Resists posting manga information, blah* Because there he was having a moment with Houin-sensei, but all of a sudden Rin's message took maximum priority. Why would he react like that?

The end of the episode suggests that a good resolution will come, and I think I know how. But we'll see.

Powerful stuff this ep, although I had to laugh when Mimi was censored from the waist down after changing clothes with Kuro.
Dec 15, 2007 5:10 PM

Aug 2007
yes great ep. I have to agree with Crisu and Aoki on the train creeped me out quite a bit.
Dec 15, 2007 5:59 PM

Feb 2007
I was an odd feel to the show to have such a scary series of events in what has been to this point a very laid back and fun anime. Good to see that Kokonoe has finally had a little sense talked into here that she seemed to listen to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Dec 16, 2007 1:13 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode. This completely took me by surprise. This series is taking a turn towards the more serious side, which would kill most series. But this one actually pulls it off. Love it. =)
Dec 16, 2007 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
im glad the episode ended the way it did. along the way, and especially after that last episode, i thought the anime was turning to a more School Days ending. *phew* crisis averted..
Dec 28, 2007 5:53 AM
Oct 2007
Wow.

Great episode, I'm loving the drama.

Jul 17, 2008 8:42 PM

May 2008
Parsalian27 said:
What has been to this point a very laid back and fun anime.

Funny, from the beginning this show has seemed anything but lighthearted to me.

The shock humor here and there can't even begin to make up for all the drama.
Tension much abounds in this anime.

Their pasts, and all the drama that happens due to Rin's unrequited love.

Well, I haven't seen past this, but it seems Rin will learn to not threaten her teacher into love with exposing him with bad situations. She's kept exploiting and exploiting him, and this time she's gone way too far.

So, the come on's aren't gonna end, but they'll lose their playful and..cruel side.
She's gonna go the slow and steady route, instead of just rashly threatening when she doesn't get her way.

I think she's grown a lot more and is better at thinking and understanding her feelings instead of just her own.

Anyway, I hope that's what happens. I hope she stops with her own sadistic love.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 18, 2008 1:10 AM

Mar 2008
And if you were watching the censored version and wondered what was happening:

Oct 6, 2008 1:45 AM

Jul 2007
^^^ Wrong thread, this happens in episode 11
Oct 29, 2008 11:28 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, it's a good thing that Rin didn't push Hoin-sensei down the stairs. Aoki-sensei is really confused atm... I'm wondering how it'll turn in the next episode.
Mar 18, 2009 3:49 AM

May 2008
finally Aoki shows some emotions woohoo how creepy

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 20, 2009 4:55 PM

Oct 2009
If I was aoki I would have suspected child abuse from the beginning because of rin's hyper sexuality. but I am sure this is not the case.
Jan 18, 2010 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
Another outstanding episode! Rin's yandere moments are really starting to scare me. She nearly pulled the "I could destroy your life with the push of a buttom" card. All this is really takiing a toll on Aoki, too. He's one f*cked up dude. He's probably doing everything he can to NOT fap to her image.

Mar 9, 2010 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
KIDS THEY ARE KIDS BECAUSE THEY DO STUPID THINGS LIKE THIS.
Jun 1, 2010 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
YagokoroEirin said:
KIDS THEY ARE KIDS BECAUSE THEY DO STUPID THINGS LIKE THIS.
This... but also they're kids because they have to have fun when they are kids and they have tons of things to learn... and they have to be happy... not weird like Rin or Mimi... or Kuro

While I still find the series a bit improbable, I do agree that the series are really solid with the theme... and it's hard to swallow... that has been the tone since this started... Maybe the lol are not there for light-heartened meaning but for a more powerful reason... Ditraction from the real issues...

First of all the first scene surprised me... I actually thought that Rin was going to push Houin-sensei down the stairs... I was relieved when she didn't do ir... And the iron life is that she was given a good reason to actually be happy for not doing it... Houin is awesome...

And Houin might be the reason why all this mess is happening but in the end looks like she won't have chance to get a hold of Aoki since looks like Aoki is finally admitting that he has fallen in love for Rin... Which is crazy since he's her teacher and she like 10 years old... and can take advantage of all kind of things... like those panties and her cellphone and Reiji... Damn Aoki is really in a tight spot...

And he's finally giving in... he's slowly going xrazy... and I dun blame him.. I'd be as freaked out as him if someone like Rin asked me for all that stuff... Awesome series...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2010 9:37 AM

Jan 2010
you know what,except for the useless ecchi this series's biggest problem is that the girls are in f***** 4th grade!
jesus couldn't the writer made them in kindergarten?

Rin has the brains of a highschool girl with emotional problems

anyways,this was another great episode...i'm glad that Rin's finally starting to understand

5/5

Later EDIT:
rebwaters said:

...since looks like Aoki is finally admitting that he has fallen in love for Rin... Which is crazy since he's her teacher and she like 10 years old... and can take advantage of all kind of things... like those panties and her cellphone and Reiji... Damn Aoki is really in a tight spot...

huh what?Aoki didn't said anything like that
He's scared because he finally realised that Rin loves him,and I think he loves her too but it's not a romantic type of love

and as I said,Rin's starting to realise that she doesn't love him "like that" too

they're both dumb-@sses IMO :P
clannad4everAug 14, 2010 12:07 PM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 14, 2011 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
wow what a cliff hanger
Jul 2, 2011 8:10 PM

Mar 2011
Another moment ruined for Houin, poor lass, will she ever get a full date with Aoki?

Rin hates being called childish, then acts childish, the hates herself a little for doing so.

Experience gained.

Yup, all part and parcel of growing up!
Nov 17, 2011 3:16 AM

Sep 2011
This is fkin intense.
Aug 6, 2012 4:44 PM

Oct 2009
PrometheusZero said:
Another moment ruined for Houin, poor lass, will she ever get a full date with Aoki?

Rin hates being called childish, then acts childish, the hates herself a little for doing so.

Experience gained.

Yup, all part and parcel of growing up!

I'm kinda routing for Houin sensei, she's very kind, it almost seemed like they were going to have a moment, then Rin pulls her childish stunt. I hope Rin matures after such a childish act...
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 30, 2012 7:00 PM

Aug 2012

Just some of my input:

and now Rin-chan knows how to make people like her.

Sep 10, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
Rin takes advantage of Aoki way too much. I would've been pissed too.
Aoki came to the conclusion that Reji is the source of Rin's "womanly" self image...
whoakaythere buddy
Nov 11, 2012 1:27 AM

Mar 2010
hm this was quite a tense episode ... whoa
liked it a lot now it all makes sense and comes together, probably reiji treats her liek an adult kind of pretending she is his wife who passed away it seems ..

its bothersome if shes being nice who knows what might happen though ..
hope aoki finally goes for houin sensei or so .. not ending up with a child ofcourse
Aug 9, 2013 11:00 AM

May 2012
Damn nice, stuff is getting quite serious and it seems Rin is scaring Daisuke! Well lets see what happens next!
Mar 27, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
OK so was I the only one who caught a flag of her stepfather glaring at her and a cried wolf scenario I hope know but who knows with this anime
[/quote]
Jun 11, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 2013
Virgin needs to get with that other teacher stat.
Why can I still not remember any of their names?
This dude's such a spineless shit.
Who gives their phone number to students anyway?
I'm just being annoying instead of actually commenting on the episode, but they're really just satisfactory and not moving anything along. The drama seems a little overplayed with the weird face Aoki (oh yeah, that's his name) was making on the train but I don't really feel like complaining about or praising much of anything. The depressing shit wasn't what I started watching this show for but I'm missing it. The fluff's nice but I'm hoping that heavier stuff will come back into play. Mimi's crushing was funny. It looks like everybody loves somebody except Aoki.
Jul 20, 2016 7:19 PM
Jul 2016
All this talk about whether the teacher should go for Houin or Rin and i'm sitting here thinking:

May 11, 2017 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
He made Mimi sad, he should get his act together already and stop treating them as kids.
Mar 26, 2018 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Really good episode, they showed really well how one can lost their nerves pretty easily (Aoki) but I understand this as they are basically bullying him and every cup overflows eventually.

Houin-sensei was also great and I like her more and more (even those I pretty much disliked the moment when he look at her only as someone to get experience with, that's not how men would think when being drunk alone with woman, she would be even more attractive to him unless he really sways other way). I really hope she wins him in the end, together with still being friends with Rin, that would be great. I probably favour Houin the most.

And the drama in the end when she forced him to come to hers house in fear that something happened to him and his angry runaway from that place was also well done. She actually misused him goodwill and lost his trust and I wonder if he disregards her cry for the help when she really needs it.

Well, two more episodes. Let's just hope that Kokonoe is finally over with her yandere thinking.
Jan 22, 2020 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode. Might be my favorite so far. It was really tense and really serious.
Oct 5, 2020 5:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol this anime is becoming way too serious, it's like they forgot that she's 10 and he's 23...xD
Mar 20, 2021 5:29 AM

Aug 2018
Hm, Reiji knows both Kuro and Mimi.. And also Mimi quite likes Reiji, it seems.. I wonder, how they're familiar.. Well, maybe they visited Rin's home at times..
Hm.. Wonder, if only now Rin started to realize that she is actually child, and it's an obstacle in relationship.. She didn't think about it earlier?..
And now we're somehow returning to episode 1 atmosphere and things.. I mean, Mimi again seeing as if last teacher in him.. And again Rin blackmailing Aoki with making him to be seen as sexual harasser..
Give care, hm.. Interesting.. Quite interesting.. I mean, wonder, if Rin maybe will try something like that.. And just in general it's interesting approach to relationships in general..
Sep 8, 2022 3:58 PM

Feb 2015
Ahh, this teacher is so damn frustrating... just do something or go back to whatever harem anime with clueless MCs you came from.
Dec 30, 2022 12:59 PM

Aug 2019
rins "im glad i didnt do it" after kyouko talked with her was so good. ive already rated this a 9 from my first watch but i didnt remember how good this actually was
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2023 1:43 PM

Sep 2010
Felt almost as a breath of fresh air for the series.
Emotional and intriguing.
Left me with hope of character development.

More topics from this board

» What reasons are there NOT to watch Kodomo no Jikan?

Carvewin91 - Jan 10, 2023

13 by luksthefool »»
Mar 19, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 7 Discussion

Tenshin - Nov 25, 2007

26 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deli53 - Nov 17, 2007

100 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 12 Discussion

Maeni - Dec 17, 2008

44 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 11 Discussion

Crisu - Dec 22, 2007

43 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.