Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 12, 2009 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
OMG I JUST GOT MIND FKED!
lolz dam speechless i swear
Next episode = KaBoOm!
dam i needs a preview
Jun 12, 2009 7:59 PM

Feb 2009
Very well done episode. I was expecting a clusterfuck of compounded and rushed material, but it was pulled off really well. I can't wait for next week D:
Jun 12, 2009 8:20 PM

Feb 2009
That's call life #10!
Nice episode now I wanna know who is number 12. Juiz is one smart lady too to be able to pull off all these crazy demands. I hope last episode conclude this anime and the movie well it could be all the 13 episodes put together or something.
Jun 12, 2009 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode. A lot. Though I feel like my brain hasn't processed a lot of this episode since I'm terrible with remembering numbers, so just knowing which Selecao is which number is difficult for me.

It's looking like the show will wrap up with Akira, Sakia, and Akira's memories. If they manage to include tying up the 20,000 NEETs and the 60 missiles in a coherent fashion, then I'll be astounded. But I'm going to guess that the movie will be about the missiles and Project Eden. If they do finish the numbers game by next week, then I feel like the movie will be totally about Eden rebuilding Japan and maybe Akira becoming Mr. Outside to continue the game.
Jun 12, 2009 9:05 PM
Sep 2007
halcyon said:
Alexstratz said:
Something I don't understand though : the pink guy said he still has 10 billion yen on his phone, but aren't the seleçaos supposed to use their money regularly or they'd be killed by the supporter? How come this guy gets to keep his money? XII being probably the supporter, what would that make the pink guy? Unless XII is Mr. Outside or Juiz so he/she isn't affected by the rules and that punk is the supporter.

my thoughts exactly :/ can't wait until next week (and the movie).

Same here. Makes me want to rewatch the previous episodes to check if there are things the Supporter can and cannot do despite being a Selecao. This also makes me wonder, how well can Mononobe rely on his sources (even if he managed to become the executive of ATO) to properly identify the other Selacao.

I don't remember if Tsuji was ever mentioned by his number, it does seem possible that it's him. He really doesn't seem to match the description of a Selecao mentioned in the reenactment by Selecao # 5. (He doesn't seem as eager to be in the game and as you've mentioned, he hasn't used his funds at all. Yet, he lives.) And he hasn't used his phone, so no history has shown up for him, at least with his number.

Nor does match the figure Hiura saw at the time of his death in episode 4, but that isn't really reliable. Now that I think of it, there was no cleanup requested from Juiz after Hiura was killed.

Still loved this episode and I was glad to get a glimpse at what Juiz looks like.
Jun 12, 2009 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
Vipey said:
TWENTY THOUSAND NAKED MOTHA FUCKERS ON A BOAT

Haha, that just made my day! lol
Jun 12, 2009 10:00 PM

Jun 2007
Enchant said:
halcyon said:
Alexstratz said:
Something I don't understand though : the pink guy said he still has 10 billion yen on his phone, but aren't the seleçaos supposed to use their money regularly or they'd be killed by the supporter? How come this guy gets to keep his money? XII being probably the supporter, what would that make the pink guy? Unless XII is Mr. Outside or Juiz so he/she isn't affected by the rules and that punk is the supporter.

Same here. Makes me want to rewatch the previous episodes to check if there are things the Supporter can and cannot do despite being a Selecao. This also makes me wonder, how well can Mononobe rely on his sources (even if he managed to become the executive of ATO) to properly identify the other Selacao.

I don't remember if Tsuji was ever mentioned by his number, it does seem possible that it's him. He really doesn't seem to match the description of a Selecao mentioned in the reenactment by Selecao # 5. (He doesn't seem as eager to be in the game and as you've mentioned, he hasn't used his funds at all. Yet, he lives.) And he hasn't used his phone, so no history has shown up for him, at least with his number.

Nor does match the figure Hiura saw at the time of his death in episode 4, but that isn't really reliable. Now that I think of it, there was no cleanup requested from Juiz after Hiura was killed.

Still loved this episode and I was glad to get a glimpse at what Juiz looks like.

Rewatch episode 4. It doesn't really say anything about being penalized for not spending money. However Mr. outside says you will get penalized for not using your phone or producing results. So in short, all they really have to do is call people and get involved with things that could possibly save the nation (ie. use the phone).

Here is a list of the conditions that they must not brake.
1) You cannot abandon your mission or desert.
2) You cannot go for a long period of time without using your phone or producing no results.
3) You cannot use your 10 billion on your own personal desires. The money has to be spent for the sake of the nation.
4) If your balance hit's zero and you have not saved the nation, you die.

My guess is Akira saves the nation by stopping the missiles. The reason he probably didn't win before was because the missile attack was only directed at one general area and not the Nation as a whole. So theoretically if Akira blows all his cash preventing this attack, he most likely wont be killed by the supporter because he saved the country as a result of using all the cash.

Juiz is most likely member 12. Not only because she "supports" each member regardless of what they spend the money on but in episode 4 Mr. Outsider describes the supporter as someone who is "Enthusiastic to assist, but cruel when observing". It describes Juiz perfectly. She's always willing to help any of the members but as we learn more about the character and how they're using the money, you can sense her tone of voice changing negatively over time. Mr. Outsider also says "So called member 12" This could mean that 12 is not really a member but the system itself (ie. Juiz). So in the end any of the remaining 11 members could be killed by anyone but it would be the result of Juiz causing it. Look at the detective that was stabbed by his wife. It was a result of Juiz redirecting his message that was for his mistress to his wife.

Just my 2 cents.
DeathfireDJun 12, 2009 10:04 PM
Jun 12, 2009 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
martin03345 said:
Another good episode. I enjoy how the past of Akira in this one and the events on Careless Monday being shown. I've been enjoying of late sitting and while not only watching but having to ponder where the show will go next. It's nice to have to think while watching a show once in awhile because helps you get into the feel of it and try to stay a step ahead of what's being shown to you

Same thing here. I dutifully wait for it throughout the week and enjoy it on Friday night, when I'm too tired to do anything else... although I also tend to stay up until 2 am after I watch it, trying to decipher this riddle of a show! I haven't enjoyed an anime like I have for this one in a very long time! It's awesome and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside! :)

I really want to know what was done to Akira for him to wipe his own memories... anybody else has the feeling that HE might be Mr. Outside? Betrayed by his own protegees or whatever? And I have a feeling that he might have planned something big before wiping his memories? What about those naked NEETs in the boat arriving right on queue for the grand finale? Seems like a grand mast
Jun 12, 2009 10:03 PM

Jan 2009
And wtf with Akira in the cold on the top of a moving train?? I feel so bad for him! I hope Saki finds him and helps him out!! :(
Jun 12, 2009 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, this episode was brilliant! God i love this series. So much was explained, im sure the movie has to be the ending since i don't think it can end in one more episode.
Jun 12, 2009 10:24 PM

Jan 2009
Ahh! This was too intense, can't wait for next week!
Jun 12, 2009 10:33 PM

Nov 2007
Absolutely brilliant, my doubts about this no being wrapped up nicely are gone. We even see what seems to be Juiz herself at the end. Excellent.
Jun 12, 2009 10:45 PM

Jul 2008
Wha......why must it end there! I need the next episode. Takizawa is pretty much alone now, what is he going to do? Where did the Johnny Hunter go? Why doesn't Juiz look hot? The naked NEETs made me laugh my ass off. I wanted Takizawa to beat the crap out of someone, but...alas he is dead...
CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT!
Jun 12, 2009 10:48 PM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
Enchant said:
halcyon said:
Alexstratz said:

Rewatch episode 4. It doesn't really say anything about being penalized for not spending money. However Mr. outside says you will get penalized for not using your phone or producing results. So in short, all they really have to do is call people and get involved with things that could possibly save the nation (ie. use the phone).

2) You cannot go for a long period of time without using your phone or producing no results.
3) You cannot use your 10 billion on your own personal desires. The money has to be spent for the sake of the nation.

My guess is Akira saves the nation by stopping the missiles. The reason he probably didn't win before was because the missile attack was only directed at one general area and not the Nation as a whole. So theoretically if Akira blows all his cash preventing this attack, he most likely wont be killed by the supporter because he saved the country as a result of using all the cash.

Juiz is most likely member 12. Not only because she "supports" each member regardless of what they spend the money on but in episode 4 Mr. Outsider describes the supporter as someone who is "Enthusiastic to assist, but cruel when observing". It describes Juiz perfectly. She's always willing to help any of the members but as we learn more about the character and how they're using the money, you can sense her tone of voice changing negatively over time. Mr. Outsider also says "So called member 12" This could mean that 12 is not really a member but the system itself (ie. Juiz). So in the end any of the remaining 11 members could be killed by anyone but it would be the result of Juiz causing it. Look at the detective that was stabbed by his wife. It was a result of Juiz redirecting his message that was for his mistress to his wife.

Just my 2 cents.

But I think that using the phone means using its services, not just calling random people on it whenever you want, without producing any real results. Hell, if that was the case, I'd order dinner every night on it and then bring some to the homeless people outside, and claim that I was producing a result and just live off the huge amount of money until I die or someone wins.
I think you have to make a real effort to change the country using Juiz, but who knows, because that pink-haired guy is still around. -shrugs-
I guess we'll see soon enough. =)
Jun 12, 2009 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
so finally explanation on who set this up, and it seems number 12 is supporter, or maybe mr.outside himself; anyways, the neets are released, all 20,000 in the nude and pissed
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 12, 2009 11:20 PM

Aug 2008
Oh boy do I hate cliffhangers. Actually I'm supposed to say this in the next episode but whatever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2009 12:07 AM

Jun 2007
Xylona said:
But I think that using the phone means using its services, not just calling random people on it whenever you want, without producing any real results. Hell, if that was the case, I'd order dinner every night on it and then bring some to the homeless people outside, and claim that I was producing a result and just live off the huge amount of money until I die or someone wins.
I think you have to make a real effort to change the country using Juiz, but who knows, because that pink-haired guy is still around. -shrugs-
I guess we'll see soon enough. =)

Except that wont answer why one person still has the 10 billion. The rules don't specify spending money at all and that's the loophole. As long as your using the phone to change the nation your not braking the rule unless the supporter feels you are.

Theres also the chance that maybe he just received the phone.
Jun 13, 2009 12:15 AM
Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
Enchant said:
halcyon said:
Alexstratz said:

Just my 2 cents.

i really like the idea of the supporter being juiz. rather than killing members of the selecao directly, its likely the supporter sends someone else to do the job. that makes juiz an obvious candidate.
Jun 13, 2009 1:05 AM

Apr 2008
Juiz ISN'T the supporter....rewatch episode 4 when #5 was killed by the supporter. I don't think Juiz would wear a suit and have a male figure.
Jun 13, 2009 1:26 AM

Jul 2008
complex and confusing... but it isnt really bad, at least its still exciting. i hope they will reveal everything in the last epi.

Jun 13, 2009 1:55 AM
Apr 2009
Alexstratz said:
Wow, now this is definitely one of the best episodes.

So the Careless Monday is the work of some emo kid. I'm pretty disappointed. :/ I wonder how those saved by Akira betrayed him. And what's he gonna do with the NEET army? Can't wait for next episode, too bad it's the last one. :(

Something I don't understand though : the pink guy said he still has 10 billion yen on his phone, but aren't the seleçaos supposed to use their money regularly or they'd be killed by the supporter? How come this guy gets to keep his money? XII being probably the supporter, what would that make the pink guy? Unless XII is Mr. Outside or Juiz so he/she isn't affected by the rules and that punk is the supporter. Or maybe it's because he's on Mononobe's side and they hacked the super computer?

The rules simply state that the selecaos spend their money right, Mr. Outside didn't require them to spend it regularly. I mean, suppose the selecao was just thinking about how to use the money; Mr. Outside can't just kill them just because they are thinking about it.
However, Mr. Outside did set a rule that prevents them from keeping the money forever, and that is the fact that all other selecaos will get killed once one of the selecaos wins the game. So the selecaos are pressured to use the money wisely and quickly.
Therefore, it doesn't matter whether or not that guy spends his money or not, as long as he spends it right.

As for the episode...
they didn't actually reveal how Takizawa was betrayed right? I'm scared I just kind of missed something really big >.>
Jun 13, 2009 2:15 AM
Feb 2008
Oh I have to agree this was one of the best episodes agh! I have to wait a week for the next one ,it's so annoying >.<
I really want yo see how this mess turns out to be, in just one episode god I'm so curious
Jun 13, 2009 2:24 AM

Aug 2008
Truth hurts! good episode and an army of naked NEETS, hurray!

Jun 13, 2009 2:26 AM

Jul 2008
The end was amazing, this whole episode was great. I'm so anxious to know who #12 is.
Jun 13, 2009 2:44 AM

May 2009
Most. Awesome. Episode. EVER.
Jun 13, 2009 2:47 AM

Apr 2009
Nothing more to say, people already said it all... Great ep, a bit slow at the very beginning but the right pace came. The ending was just perfect... I can't think of anything else. Where's Akira going now? Back to Tokyo I think...
Jun 13, 2009 3:47 AM

Oct 2008
damn that was a great episode:) one episode to go and a movie
Jun 13, 2009 4:16 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Syl said:
Very well done episode. I was expecting a clusterfuck of compounded and rushed material, but it was pulled off really well. I can't wait for next week D:

Vipey said:
LMAO

god this anime is so cool.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jun 13, 2009 4:41 AM

Jul 2008
So the Careless Monday is the work of some emo kid. I'm pretty disappointed. :/ I wonder how those saved by Akira betrayed him.

As for the episode...
they didn't actually reveal how Takizawa was betrayed right? I'm scared I just kind of missed something really big >.>

Saki's commen t made it obvious how he was betrayed: the people he saved wished something bigger then the missile attacks had happened.

Juiz is one smart lady too to be able to pull off all these crazy demands.

It seems that she is some kind of super-computer... probably moved while Takizawa and No. 1 were going to the institute (I think that the objects in those trucks were Juiz).

the neets are released, all 20,000 in the nude and pissed

We don't know if they are pissed of. Looking at the NEET that managed to get out of Dubai sooner, they may even be grateful.

Juiz ISN'T the supporter....rewatch episode 4 when #5 was killed by the supporter. I don't think Juiz would wear a suit and have a male figure.

:facepalm: When did Juiz EVER do something personaly? If Juiz is the Supporter, she would send someone else to kill No. V.
Jun 13, 2009 6:18 AM

Apr 2009
In the ending it was a guy looking like Akira. Akira was in the room with the other Selecao's and the door were closing. So the guy on the train maybe were a twin or no. 12? I think I've seen someone in this anime looking like Akira before. (I feel retarded now)
But that can be the case that Akira is misunderstanding and with all the alias?
Jun 13, 2009 6:32 AM
Nov 2007
Brilliant!
So much to take in, in just one episode. lol at mass censorship of 20,000 naked NEET's.
only one more episode left :(
hoping the movie will be a continuation, not a recap. (Probably not going to happen though)
Jun 13, 2009 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
woow, so many NEETs, what will they do? ><

and moving juiz herself somewhere??

can't wait for the ending.!!!
Jun 13, 2009 8:07 AM

Oct 2007
wow such an intense episode....
my two cents

- the lady who brought in the empty bottle had the same voice as juiz, just not computerized
- juiz respond to number 1 "please become a messiah" and respond to akira "please continue being a messiah"

does that mean anything?
Jun 13, 2009 8:31 AM

Jun 2008
The NEETs were having sex.

Awesome shit.
Jun 13, 2009 8:59 AM
Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:

Just my 2 cents.

I really like this idea. When I rewatched that episode, I thought that by usage of the phone, he meant using the funds. But there still is a way to receive results if you're cunning about it and a very interesting loophole.

Nayrael said:

It seems that she is some kind of super-computer... probably moved while Takizawa and No. 1 were going to the institute (I think that the objects in those trucks were Juiz).

At first, I seriously thought Juiz was the woman that brought up the empty bottle of wine to them. She really does sound similar to Juiz (and I thought she was in control of the supercomputer), though..when Akira asked Mononobe if Juiz worked there, he did not reply. He called Juiz after introducing Yuuki and asked her to have a bottle of wine delivered, but of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's her in person.
(Other than those four present in the room and Juiz (and the other selecao), how many other people know about Noblesse Oblige?)

Mononobe later specifies that Juiz is the supercomputer/machines in that room. If she truly is an advanced AI system that would add up to those objects that were being moved away when Mononobe & Akira arrived as well as the time. (though it isn't clear the time they arrived, how much time they spent talking and the time between that as Akira left.)

The time on Yuuki's watch and the time Selecao #12 made his move has about 28 minutes in between. So he/she could have requested Juiz to be moved ahead of time.

SaraiiJun 13, 2009 9:08 AM
Jun 13, 2009 9:32 AM

Aug 2007
That huge container ship dropping of those neets... You recognized them due to the censoring, haha!

When it says at the end ''move Juiz to a hidden location'', the door closes and Akira jumps on a train... Maybe Akira has MPD and he is Juiz. But that's the most ridiculous idea.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 13, 2009 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
Finally, it's getting interesting again. Too bad there's only one episode left.
I was really hoping for the movie to show Akira's actions before he lost his memories.
Jun 13, 2009 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
DragonsWhip said:
That huge container ship dropping of those neets... You recognized them due to the censoring, haha!

Haha, priceless.
Jun 13, 2009 10:30 AM
Dec 2007
I didn't understand the barrage of NEETs. Weren't they all already saved? Akira met a guy back in episode four, I think, who was a part of the Dubai NEETs, and was even engaged.
Jun 13, 2009 10:53 AM
Mar 2009
Vipey said:

rofl yea i loled so hard at that part
Jun 13, 2009 10:53 AM
Dec 2008
Is there going to be another season?

There just isn't enough time for a winner to appear in just one episode left, right?
Jun 13, 2009 11:45 AM
Feb 2009
AMG~ last ep next week, sux it so short = >.<
Jun 13, 2009 12:23 PM

Aug 2007
krikara said:
Is there going to be another season?

There just isn't enough time for a winner to appear in just one episode left, right?
There's still the movie. Learn to read the previous posts.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 13, 2009 1:05 PM

Oct 2007
tsubasalover said:
Truth has been told.
Jun 13, 2009 1:25 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was made of sheer perfection. A shame that this series can't score a 11...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 13, 2009 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome! This anime is deff going unto my fav list.
Jun 13, 2009 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
That was a frickin' AWESOME episode! though i think this series went in a totally different direction than it appeared to be in the beginning. I honestly think this series should've been slower developing.

Jun 13, 2009 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode!

Seriously, this anime just keeps getting better by the minute.
Jun 13, 2009 3:46 PM
Jan 2009
Wow finally everything is explained, what a good episode! Wonder what made him erase his memories.....betray what?

And 20,000 NEETs naked! Oh yeah! LOL
Jun 13, 2009 4:54 PM

Nov 2007
I seriously don't know how this will all end, seeing as there's only one episode left. I suppose it will all end in a cliffhanger and we have to wait for the movie...

Awesome episode overall. Things are definitely becoming clearer now, although we still don't know the supporter's real identity. I can't wait for next week.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.