Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2007 11:47 AM

Aug 2007
Whee, list all what you consider Fantasy anime here so I can add it to the list. Any help is great since I do have a ton of clubs to run, that I love, but getting people to contribute and post is part of what I do!

What anime do you consider fantasy?

My definition of fantasy is basically - Nothing too technologically advanced...

There are no cars. No planes, even though sometimes there can be airships if the world is correct, no computers, even though there can also sometimes be just one or two in the world, or some kind of robotic girl, that works, too.

There is magic! There are fun races like elves! They wear fantasy clothing like tunics, gowns, cloaks and the like. The majority of the weapons are swords, daggers, spears, bows and the like - not guns, but there can be a few guns around, but not an army with guns, or police with guns, maybe just the occasional character.

But, yeah, the obvious things that make an anime fantasy are magic, fantasy races, wizards, elves, swords and the like, but sometimes they can take place in modern day if they have enough fantasy elements like FATE STAY NIGHT.

I also consider Bleach a fantasy anime because even though I do not want to add ninja anime into this, he is not technically a ninja and anime is .. Japanese, after all, so we have to take into aspect their ideas of fantasy and the like, like their ideas of heaven and hell and holy beings and deities and all that jazz, so such things are acceptable, too. <3
Usotsuki. 
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 14, 2007 3:24 PM

Sep 2007
There's so much to define. I consider it something that couldn't be done in real life. Apart from Sci-fi, I would say Magic or something similar would help it become fantasy. Not just that though, the supernatural genre has fantasy elements to it that keeps it from being Horror. And such.

Here's some that I've seen. There are many more in my plan to watch list. I'll add to it as I seen them. xP

Shakugan no Shana I consider a modern fantasy. It takes place in today's Japan, and like Bleach, there's many fantasy elements into it.
DN Angel is a romance fantasy.
.Hack series. (SIGN, Legend of the Twilight, Roots
Fullmetal Alchemist I consider to be part fantasy. Although there's a little of everything in the series though. xD

Tactics
Mushishi
Scrapped Princess
Shaman King
Chrno Crusade

Various Miyazaki films like:
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
Spirited Away
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Although I haven't seen them, many CLAMP series are fantasy. Like Tsubasa Chronicle and Magic Knight Rayearth.
Dec 14, 2007 4:25 PM

Aug 2007
Yep, those are exactly what I would consider modern kind of fantasies and the like, perfect! =D

Want to be an admin here? lol. I need to start making some officers in places. =x
Usotsuki. 
Dec 14, 2007 4:40 PM

Sep 2007
Sure I'll be an admin. I'll add the series. :3
Dec 14, 2007 5:20 PM

Aug 2007
Okies, see.. I was working on other clubs and don't have my mail open, so not getting replies, lol. I will make you one now, thank you very much!
Usotsuki. 
Dec 14, 2007 7:57 PM

Oct 2007
What I think may be in the list but.. I'm not too sure.

Mushishi

Kino's Journey/Kino no Tabi

Baccano!
"Each of the stories in the series involves several unrelated plots intersecting and crossing each other as events spiral farther and farther out of control. Immortal alchemists, mafia operated speakeasies, and many other elements of pulp fiction mashed together for a world straight out of the movies."

Seirei no Moribito

Clannad
"Tomoya Okazaki is a third year student labelled as a delinquent. Everything seems to be unchanging for his school life until he meets Nagisa, and Tomoya finds that his life is about to change. He starts to have dreams of a bleak world and meets a girl who has the ability to fuse junk together in order to create things, and doing so, creates a body out of junk for him. He is then reborn into this empty world and follows around the girl, the only two existences who are "alive"."

Mononoke
"Mononoke is a spin-off of the Bakeneko story arc of Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror. It follows the Medicine Seller as he deals with various spirits or "Mononoke" in feudal Japan. Just like in the Bakeneko story, he combats with a series of tools and his vast knowledge of the supernatural on his side, but can only slay the Mononoke when he uncovers its form (Katachi), the truth behind its appearance (Makoto) and the reason for its unusual behavior (Kotowari)."

Berserk
"A brave young warrior named Guts fights for his fortune as a mercenary on the front lines. A fated encounter unites Guts with the charismatic and deadly young man named Griffith. Leading the rogue soldiers known as the Band of the Hawk, Griffith wields his formidable force like no other. Driven by a quest for status, the Hawks exert military and social prowess the likes of which have never been seen before. The armies of Midland will quake with fear as Griffith and Guts set off on a path that will bring the world to its knees."

The Cat Returns
"The main character of the story is Haru. Haru is a clueless, ordinary 17 year-old girl. She has no special abilities and neither is she an extraordinary beauty. When faced with reality, she is unable to make decisions for herself, thus often swaying to others` opinions to avoid challenge. One day, Haru saved the life of a cat without consideration of her own safety. The cat turned out to be the Cat Prince from the Kingdom of Cats, however as a result, Haru is trapped in the world of cats. Can Baron and Muta rescue Haru who has wandered in the world of cats?"

Laputa - Castle In The Sky
"A girl named Sheeta falls out of the sky and lands in Pazu's arms. Soon after a gang of air pirates led by Dola, as well as a mysterious man named Muska, are on their tails. The chase leads them to a floating castle that once belonged to an ancient race of people."

Haibane Renmei
"A dream of falling from the sky...and then birth. Rakka is born from a large cocoon into the Old Home, greeted by a group of females with small wings on their backs and shining halos above their heads. Soon Rakka’s own wings grow, a halo is placed on her head and she is told that she must work in the nearby town of Grie. She soon realizes that the town and the entire world they live in are confined behind the Wall, a tall, impenetrable wall that none except the mysterious Toga are allowed to exit."

Air

Karas - (Woo! Love the graphics here. Definitely modern fantasy.)
"The old Karas is dead, killed by an evil ex-Karas who now named himself Ekou. He started a series of murders against the humanity by making hes loyal youkai drain the body fluids from humans. The new Karas is chosen to be Otoha, a young man just waked up from a coma. So, him and his trainer, Yurine start the fight against the evil forces of darkness that are trying to conquer the city of Shijuku. Nue, a renegade youkai is also fighting with Ekou and his evil creatures ,and the humans are caught in the middle of the fights between the two Karas, with the police and the detective Go Narumi encharged with the case completely helpless against the attacks."

Rozen Maiden
Rozen Maiden: Träumend
Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre

Kyou Kara Maou!
"Yuri Shibuya was living a pretty normal life. That changed the day he was dunked into a toilet after an attempt to save a classmate from a gang of bullies. Instead of just getting a good soaking, he's pulled in. The next thing he knows, he's in a world that vaguely resembles medieval Europe. If that's not odd enough, he's told that he is to be the next Maoh, just because he has black hair and black eyes. The Maoh is the King of the Mazoku, who are coexisting not-so-peacefully with the humans in this world."

Kiki's Delivery Service
"When an apprentice witch turns thirteen, she must leave her home in order to hone her craft. Although Kiki's sole talent is broom-flying, she sets out for adventure with her cat Jiji. They settle in a charming seaside town, where Kiki establishes her own delivery service. As Kiki learns to balance independence with responsibility, her kind heart wins her many new friends in this coming-of-age tale."

Escaflowne
"High school student Hitomi is transported from Earth to the magical world of Gaea, where she meets boy prince Van Fanel, and is caught up in his quest to unite the countries of Gaea against the ominous Zaibach empire. On the way, she discovers an hidden ability and strives to unravel layers of mystery surrounding Van, his past, and the giant machine known as Escaflowne."

Romeo x Juliet
"In the floating continent of Neo Verona, the Montague family seized control and murdered every member of the Capulet family with the exception of Capulet's daughter, Juliet Fiammata Asto Capulet. 14 years later, Juliet and the remnants of Capulet's retainers live hidden from the iron fist of the Montague family. Juliet has long forgotten the murder of her family or her identity, and cross dresses as Odin and the town's hero of justice, "Red Whirlwind". A sudden escape in her daily escapades leads her to meet Romeo Candorebanto Montague, the kind son of the tyrannical Montague. Destiny has been set as these two individuals soon to be "star-crossed lovers" are cruelly toyed with by fate in the midst of war. Loosely based on the play by William Shakespeare."

Shuffle!
"In present times, Gods and Demons coexist together with Humans after the door between each of these worlds had opened. Tsuchimi Rin is a normal young high school student attending Verbena Academy, spending his days living peacefully with his childhood friend Kaede. Unexpectedly, one day the King of Gods, the King of Demons and their families move into be Rin's next door neighbors. Apparently the daughter of the Gods, Sia, and the daughter of the demons, Nerine, are both deeply in love with Rin after having met him the past. Along with his playful friendship with upperclassmen Asa and his encounter with the silent but cute Primula, Rin has much on his hands dealing with the affections of each of these girls."

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Loveless

Brave Story
"When 11 year old Wataru's father leaves home and his mother is taken ill to hospital, he decides to change his fate by travelling through the door shown to him by his friend Mitsuru. In a land of magic and monsters, Wataru must summon all his courage and embark on a journey with several comrades to meet the Goddess of Destiny and change this "mistaken fate"."

X
"His destiny has finally arrived as the young Shirou Kamui returns to Tokyo after 6 years. A powerful psychic, Kamui vows to protect the happiness of his childhood friends Fuuma and Kotori, even if it means avoiding them. But fate is cruel, whether or not Kamui wants to be involved; he holds the future of the world in his hands, given the choice of becoming a Dragon of Heaven or a Dragon of Earth. The Seven Seals gather, and so do the Seven Angels; all individuals who have their destiny carved out as one who would battle for the fate of the world. What future will Kamui choose to become reality?"

Busou Renkin
"The story begins when high school student Mutou Kazuki is killed one night saving a mysterious girl from a monster, only to wake up and find it was only a dream. However, he soon finds out how real that dream was when a giant serpentine monster attacks him and his sister. Tsumura Tokiko, the girl from his dream, explains that the monster is a homunculus. Kazuki had been attacked and killed by it when rescuing Tokiko, however the girl revived him by placing a kakugane medal in his chest.

The kakugane, Tokiko explains, is an alchemical device that when activated can give him the power to fight the homunculus monster. Using this, Kazuki creates his own buso renkin, an alchemic weapon in the form of a huge lance. Along with Tokiko and her own buso renkin, Kazuki joins the fight against the homunculus and their master."

Le Chevalier d'Eon
"During the time when Louis XV still ruled France, a certain woman was found dead in the coffin floating through the Seine river. D'Eon, the woman's brother, determines to seach for the killer of his sister, Lia. But there are some strange movements in France. And things become more strange when Lia's soul enters D'Eon's body..."

Fushigi Yuugi

Elemental Gelade
"After a routine raid, the rookie sky pirate Cou finds a most unusual cargo in his mates' cargo hold: Ren, an "Edel Reid", a race prized by humans for granting special combat power to their partners through "Reacting". He quickly discovers, however, that Ren is even more prized than he expected. The pirate ship is visited by three members of the Edel Reid Complete Protection Agency "Arc Aire", who try to purchase her. When Cou refuses, the ship is suddenly attacked by a mysterious force, and Cou's captain charges him with Ren's protection."

D.N.Angel
"Niwa Daisuke is your average teenager, until his fourteenth birthday. He tries to declare his love to the girl of his dreams, but fails. Suddenly, whenever he thinks about this girl he turns into the legendary phantom thief known as Dark Mousy. Daisuke's mother, very much aware of this, makes him turn into Dark and steal valuable works of art for a purpose unkown to Daisuke. As the story unfolds, he learns why, and about his classmate who seems to have the same ability."

Tales of Symphonia
"Two worlds exist, both unaware of the existance of the other. In order for one world to flourish, the other will have to perish. On the perishing world, a Choosen one is send on a journey to restore that world's mana by awakening the Spirits and becoming an angel. Colette Brunel, the Choosen of Sylvarant, sets out on her journey accompanied by her best friends Lloyd Irving and Genis Sage. As they travel further they meet more friends and even more enemies, while they learn more and more about the truth behind the World Regeneration."

Diary of Tortov Roddle
"Follow Tortov as he journeys through very surreal, magical, picturesque landscapes, meeting interesting characters and circumstances on the way. Accompanied by his long-legged pig friend, Tortov takes us on an on-going adventure of peaceful contemplation."

"I'll be waiting in the future." - Chiaki Mamiya
Dec 14, 2007 8:55 PM

Oct 2007
Tsukuyomi -MOON PHASE-
Morioka Kouhei wants to become a photographer. Unfortunately, he has the tendency to unintentionally capture the images of ghosts on film.

One day, he visits an old castle in Germany where he meets a vampire girl, Hazuki. It turns out that Hazuki is confined in the castle against her will. She tries to turn Kouhei into her slave by sucking his blood, with the intent to have him break the device sealing her in the castle. Although Kouhei proves to be immune to the vampire's curse, he is eventually forced to help her. Hazuki successfully escapes from the castle and leaves for Japan to look for her mother.

When she arrives in Japan, she goes to Kohei's house where he lives with his grandfather, who agrees to take in the girl. Due to his own childhood experiences, the sympathetic Kouhei agrees to aid Hazuki in her quest.

However, other vampires, including Elfried and Count Kinkell, manage to track Hazuki to Japan. They will stop at nothing to retrieve her.

Murder Princess
In the kingdom of Forland, a coup d'etat occurs which leads to the death of the King. In the last moments of his life, the King sends his only child, Princess Alita Forland to escape. Unfortunately, while fleeing, a life and death situation between Alita and the bloodthirsty bounty hunter Falis causes the two of them to switch bodies. Desperate for the safety of her Kingdom, Alita begs Falis to return and protect the Kingdom, offering herself as collateral. After a swift beating on the rebel forces, Falis resumes the title of Princess of Forland, leading to the birth of the most savage princess in their land, the "Murder Princess".

KiBa
In an overbuilt world, young Zed dreams of freedom and of a door. While fleeing the authority of his world, he is transported to a completely different place, a world of nature instead of machines. There he meets the young girl Roia and learns that he is a Shard Caster. He can cast Shards and control Spirits. Unbeknowst to Zed, his best friend Noah has also travelled to the new world. Noah and Zed become enmeshed in the ways of their new world, while growing into their new abilities.

Black Blood Brothers

King of Bandit Jing
King of Bandit Jing in Seventh Heaven

Tactics
Ichinomiya Kantarou grew up with the ability to see demons, but was isolated and bullied by others who did not share the same gift. Instead, he became being friends with the demons, gaining a great attachment to their existence. One day, Kantarou was told about the strongest demon, the one known as the ogre-eating Tengu. Amazed by the news of his strength, Kantarou vowed to find this demon who was far stronger then any other, deciding to call him Haruka when he did so. Since this time, Kantarou searched far and wide for the ogre-eating Tengu with no luck, making his living by becoming a folklore writer and demon-buster. On a particularly job, Kantarou had finally found news of a nearby shrine supposedly the place where the orge-eating Tengu was sealed to. Based on the manga by Kinoshita Sakura.

Sugar Sugar Rune
Chocola Meilleure is a happy-going and optimistic girl. Together with her friend-cum-rival, Vanilla Myu, they are potential candidates to become Queen of the Demon Kingdom. After obtaining their magic wands, they set off to the human world to gather the hearts of unsuspecting humans. Whoever gets the most hearts will be the crowned Queen. The hearts reflect the feelings of each and every individual and as a result, these hearts have different colors. The value of each heart will be dependent on its color and based on the value of the hearts they have collected, the candidates can buy the goods that they want back in the Demon Kingdom. After meeting with their mentor, Rocky Robin, Chocola and Vanilla begin their first day at school and also the competition for the title of Queen.

Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai
Imamiya Satoshi, "Sasshi" to his friends, has grown up in the Abenobashi Shopping Arcade in Osaka, along with his childhood friend, Asahina Arumi. Now, all that was stable in his life is in ruins. His family's bath house has closed and been torn down, and Arumi's family is moving to Hokkaido - and taking her with them. In the midst of all this, something happens to the framework of reality, and Sasshi and Arumi slip into a weird parallel world. It's still Abenobashi, but not their Abenobashi. Strange things are afoot, and Sasshi must find out their meaning, in order to reach a goal that he barely understands.

Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu
Alice believes in magic. With all her heart, she believes that magic is possible and that it can be used for good deeds and fun games. But suddenly, she finds herself transported into another world, ruled by a mysterious elite of witches - and these witches don't seem to be in it for the fun. They're hard at work capturing sprites, the native magical beings of the world, and forcing them into slavery. Once Alice realizes that her new surroundings aren't just a dream, she sets out to change things.

MAR - Marchen Awakens Romance
Dreaming of a magical world every night, the young Toramizu Ginta yearns to be able to go there. With only his friend Koyuki believing in his dreams, Ginta remains positive despite the slander he receives from others over his dreams. But his wishes are answered, as one day a large door appears in front of Ginta, summoning him to the land of MAR Heaven. In this land, the weapons known as ARMS exist. While initially Ginta greatly enjoyed the discovery of this magical world, he soon learns of the terrible wars that have once plagued MAR Heaven and the upcoming war that may soon appear. Based on the manga by Anzai Nobuyuki.

Flame of Recca
Recca Hanabishi is a ninja, but is nearly killed in an accident. However, a girl named Yanagi heals him with her powers. Later, the two are tracked down by a woman who attacks them. She tells Recca to ignite his flame, but he is clueless. Just as she hurts Yanagi, Recca releases a powerful flame upon the woman. She is excited to see this. It turns out that Recca was a baby, from the Hokage Clan of the past, that was sent to the future in order to escape death. Now, Recca is the leader of the new Hokage Clan who must stop his half brother, Kurei, from kidnapping Yanagi.

Shinigami no Ballad
A girl wrapped in white, her name is Momo...in her hand lies a blunt yet shiny scythe. By her side is a wingged black cat by the name of Daniel. Carrying the souls of humans, the girl's existence parallels to that of a "Death God" or "Shinigami". At the instant when this white Death God touches the hearts of humans, the world is filled with kindness and grief...

Otogizoushi
The time is 972 A.D. in Kyoto, the capital of ancient Japan. Kyoto is becoming a corrupt and run-down city; selfish samurai and onmyoji, who care only about gaining political power are everywhere. To make matters worse the city is suffering from famine and widespread disease. Unable to ignore the condition of the city any longer, the Imperial Court decides to send Minamoto no Raiko, a famous samurai well-known for his archery skills, to recover a legendary gem said to hold mysterious power to save the world. However Raiko also falls ill to disease. Instead his youngest sister, Hikaru, decides secretely to make the journey in his place. Hikaru meets many people, and has many adventures while on her trip for the legendary gem.

Zettai Shounen
Aizawa Ayumu is a young boy, who is sent to a small town called Tana to live with his father for a while. Even though he doesn't want to go, he agrees to do so when his mother offers him a mountain bike. Ayumu used to live in Tana before, and now his memories of the time are shrouded in mystery - apparently something happened when he was a child. Enter Miku, a young girl who knows more than she tells, weird glowing lights floating around, reflections of UFOish objects in the eyes of cats and dogs, a nosy female announcer, a forest with a mysterious past, and a weird boy called Wakkun, who wears the clothes Ayumu used to when he was a child, and you get the world of Zettai Shonen, where mysteries remain mysteries amidst a slow, normal, everyday life.

Gedo Senki
Something bizarre has come over the land. The kingdom is deteriorating. People are beginning to act strange... What's even more strange is that people are beginning to see dragons, which shouldn't enter the world of humans. Due to all these bizarre events, Ged, a wandering wizard, is investigating the cause. During his journey, he meets Prince Arren, a young distraught teenage boy. While Arren may look like a shy young teen, he has a severe dark side, which grants him strength, hatred, ruthlessness and has no mercy, especially when it comes to protecting Teru. For the witch Kumo this is a perfect opportunity. She can use the boy's "fears" against the very one who would help him, Ged.

A Studio Ghibli production Directed by Hayao Miyazaki`s son, Goro Miyazaki. This movie is an adaption of Ursula K. LeGuin's Earthsea series.

Tales of Phantasia - The Animation
Cless Alvein, a young swordsman from the town of Totus, along with his friend Mint Adnade, a healer with the talent of Mana, are sent back in time to defeat Dhaos, a sorcerer imprisoned by their parents decades ago. Along with the help of the archer Chester Barklight, the summoner Klarth F. Lester and the half-elf Arche Klaine, they seek to right the wrongs of Dhaos and return peace to the land. Based on the 1995 Super Famicom Game by NAMCO, "Tales of Phantasia."

Mermaid Forest
According to an ancient legend, mermaid's flesh can grant immortality if eaten. 500 years ago, Yuta unknowingly ate a piece of mermaid's flesh. For centuries, he travels across Japan, hoping to find a mermaid, thinking she may be able to make him a normal human again. When he finally finds one, he discovers that she and her companions have been raising a girl to be their food so they can eat her and take on her youthful looks. That is how mermaids stay young. Yuta kills the mermaids and rescues her, but she has already eaten some of the mermaid's flesh. Although he had to kill the mermaids, Yuta isn't too disappointed. Yuta's once lonely existence is now over, as he has found a companion in Mana. And Mana, who had been trapped in a small hut her whole life, finds delight in even the simplest of things. Together, Yuta and Mana attempt to seek out more mermaids, trying to become normal humans again.

El Hazard: The Magnificent World
When Makoto Mizuhara discovers an old monument in his school and awakens a beautiful woman, he, his teacher, his worst enemy and one of his female friends is transported to the magnificent world of El Hazard. There they discovers that they have received some special powers. Makoto and his teacher Fujisawa lands in a jungle and saves a princess from some large bugs. Makotos friend Nanami lands in a desert. And Makotos rival, Jinnai lands in the middle of the bug?�fs kingdom and becomes their general, plotting to destroy Makoto and his new friends. After several having his attacks repelled by Makoto several times, Jinnai learns about an ultimate weapon, the demon Ifurita. And so everyone sets of to find Ifurita, and when she's found Makoto learns that she is the same woman that sent them to El Hazard. But the one gaining control of her is Jinnai.
El Hazard 2: The Magnificent World
El Hazard: The Alternative World
El Hazard: The Wanderers

Bastard
The characters in BASTARD!! have forsaken technology and have traded it in for magic and the occult arts. The story revolves around a group of five magicians who set out to rebuild their world after a rampaging God destroys it and tips it into chaos. Driven by their leader Dark Schneider, Gara, Arshes Nei, Abigail and Kall Su set out to conquer kingdoms in the hope of rebuilding them into utopias, with each of the magicians having their own personal agenda in doing so. However, Dark Schneider`s often reckless manner and short temper leads him to wreak havoc where ever he goes. He is trapped by a group of clerics in a baby boy, leaving the four without a leader.

Fifteen years later, the four still continue their quest but their motives have changed to despotic world domination, and it is up to Dark Schneider to show them the "error of their ways", when he is freed by the clerics who once imprisoned him, so that he may defend them against his former comrades. It has now become Dark Schneider`s responsibility to track down each one of his companions and set them on the right path again, but what seems to be the once reckless and amoral Dark Schneider has changed over his fifteen year imprisonment within the boy, Luche Len Len.

Rental Magica
Due to his father's disappearance, Itsuki Iba has to take over the family business: a magician dispatch service. Their family employs countless magicians and other supernatural beings in order to send them out to help those who need magical assistance. As a leader, Itsuki now has to be tough, commanding, and reliable, but there's one problem, he's a coward. Also, in order to run a successful business, he must connect with his employees, which is more difficult than it seems due to his personality. But not only does he have to deal with his own employees, he also has to deal with those who threaten the family business.

Beet the Vandel Buster
Beet the Vandel Buster Excellion

Night Wizard
The modern-day fantasy pits Emulators, who have invaded Earth from a demon world, against Humanity’s newly awakened Wizards.

Sorceror on the Rocks
Ruthless sorcerer Chivas Scotch is hired by a count named Cuttlefish to destroy an evil monster attacking a nearby village. But things go awry when Chivas fails to destroy the monster and he's forced to transfer his spirit in the body of his beautiful servant Gin Fizz.

Dragonaut - The Resonance
Twenty years prior to the story's beginning, an asteroid headed for Earth destroys Pluto. Due to Pluto's destruction, the asteroid, which is dubbed Thanatos, becomes temporarily stagnant. Now, in order to avoid Earth's impending destruction, the International Solarsystem Development Agency (ISDA) works on the "D-Project", and creates the "Dragonaut" after finding a dragon egg under the ocean. This weapon's primary purpose is to destroy the asteroid when the time comes. However, they soon find out that the asteroid is not their only threat, as powerful dragon-like creatures, which are bent on destruction, appear on Earth.

After witnessing a murder by one of the creatures, Jin Kamishina, a lonely 18-year-old boy who lost his family in a shuttle accident two years ago, gets involved in the mysteries of the dragons and becomes the chosen pilot of the Dragonaut. Helping him on his journey is Toa, a mysterious girl who saves him from falling to his death after the creature attacks him. As they get deeper into the mysteries of the dragons, they encounter new friends and enemies, and also begin to develop a closer relationship.

Makai Senki Disgaea

Ar Tonelico
At a time when Orica is saddened over her inability to fulfill her role as a Lavateil, or one who can control magical powers through singing Hymns, Laina's airship comes crashing down upon her from the sky. Both of them search for an engineer to repair his airship, meeting Cruze. In the process, Laina inadvertently teaches Orica that the key to singing a successful Hymn is to want to help others from the bottom of one's heart.

Shining Tears X Wind
Mysterious disappearances are occurring one after the other in Tatsumi Town. Kiriya has a vision from a mysterious beautiful girl with pointy ears. A book talking for an alternative world is found. And Mao searching for her long lost friend, Zero, comes to our world. But what she didn’t expect is to find Souma and Kureha, and even less, to accidentally take them to her world. Now, Souma and Kureha have to find a way to come back. But other forces are playing their part in the darkness and Souma with Kureha will find that going back is harder than they first anticipated.

Gestalt
When Father Olivier seemingly runs away from the order, Suzu the dark elf is sent to capture and return him to the order. Father Olivier has been having doubts about the legend of creation and decides to go to the forbidden island of G, named after the dark god who betrayed the council of gods and whose name is now forbidden from the lips of men. On his journey, a strange girl named Ouri is given to him as a slave. Fearing her fate should he refuse, Father Olivier soon learns that Ouri holds a few magical secrets of her own as she defends him from Suzu and all else that would impede his goals. It just might be true that Ouri really does come from the dark island of G.

Aquarian Age
Five supernatural factions have been fighting against each other for who knows how many centuries, with the beginning of Aquarian Age always in mind. Kyouta, soon begins to see visions of mystical girls fighting, except they do exist. Soon he and his girlfriend Yoriko become involved and the battle for Earth and Aquarian Age lies in their hands.

Avenger
Mars has been colonized and is a world where children have been replaced by robot servents known as 'dolls'. Layla is a skilled fighter with a tragic past who travels about the world. Her companions are Nei, a strange and unique doll with some unknown ties to Layla, and Speedy, who is a doll breeder. The founders of Mars see the trio as a threat to their world, and each time they attack Layla and Nei a bit more of their mysterious past and future is revealed.

Dec 15, 2007 8:49 PM

Aug 2007
Nice list ,Weiiiiiii!
Usotsuki. 
Dec 15, 2007 9:50 PM

Oct 2007
Thank you. I'm biased though, I didn't include the anime that didn't have smashing graphics. D:

Dec 16, 2007 6:48 AM

Sep 2007
Looks like the anime section is covered for now. Next up is Manga and characters. 8D
KuronoaDec 16, 2007 7:22 AM
Dec 19, 2007 5:27 PM

Aug 2007
Woo, great job, thanks!
Usotsuki. 
Feb 18, 2008 11:53 AM

Sep 2007
Well, I could change this topic to a seasonal thing...

I'm I missing any Spring '08 shows? Remember that it doesn't have to be 100% fantasy, just a hint is enough to include.
Mar 24, 2008 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
Hi ^^

What about Unico? It's main character is a Unicorn that gets carried away by the West Wind because the gods are jealous of his magic?

I'm sure I'll think of others, since I love all things supernatural and am drawn to most fantasy series...

Happy to join this club-- YAY! :D
Mar 29, 2008 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
I don't watch that much anime, but i can help you with the manga, especially as most of the manga i'm reading is fantasy

i won't write up the ones you already have on your list, but here's some you could have:

Beyond the beyond
Magical x miracle
Demon diary
Meru Peri: Märchen Prince
Fairy cube
Kyo kara ma no Tsuki jiyuugyou (the anime is kyo kara maou)
Saiyuki (sequels: saiyuki reload, saiyuki gaiden) (also anime)
Watashi no messiah-sama
Thousand years of snow (also called millenium snow)
Tegami bachi (also called letter bee)
Ludwig revolution
Yureka (also known as IDentity)
Monster soul
Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan

Mangas that i'm not sure are entirely what your after:
Black cat:
Its got stuff like people transforming and people with special abillities, so i figured its sort of fantasy-ish (its an anime as well)

Red river/ Anatolia story:
its mainly a shoujo and historical manga but it does have some fantasy elements, like how she got to the past was magic and the prince she's in love with can use magic too, though i'm not sure that puts it in the fantasy class.

Dragon drive:
It's got dragons in it, but they're jus computer game characters, almost like weapons and that's just about the only fantasy apart from the special attacks they do and stuff, its mainly a manga about a computer game.

MxO:
Mainly shoujo, a magic school, but they use the magic which is stored on cards and then the main character who cant use magic stumbles upon the school, falls in love with a student and has to pretend that he's good at magic, its mainly comedy and shounen so i wasn't sure.

Tokyo ants and Snow in the dark:
these two are one shots that are from the mangaka as MxO, theres quite a lot of fantasy in them but they aren't very long.

Fruits basket:
I'd say it's got some fantasy in it, but then it is mainly shoujo and romance, with some philosophy. Though i was thinking it was fantasy because of all the zodiac powers that they have, and being able to transform.

Also, you only have elemental Gelade up there as an anime, but its also a manga.

There's also the new studio Ghibli film, Tales from earthsea that isn't up there yet ^^
Apr 1, 2008 5:46 AM

Sep 2007
^^ Okay thanks.

Well, I consider Magic to be fantasy. Very related IMO.

Tsubamex said:
There's also the new studio Ghibli film, Tales from earthsea that isn't up there yet ^^

It's titled Gedo Senki on the database.
Apr 1, 2008 9:42 AM

Mar 2008
Thanks ^^ oh, and i'm sorry about that i forgot that it had an alternative name, sorry
May 4, 2008 4:07 PM

Dec 2007
Juuni Kokkuki
Nakajima Yoko is your average somewhat timid high school student. One day, a strange man named Keiki appears before her, swearing allegiance. Before she could properly register what was happening, demon-like creatures attack Yoko and her friends, after which they are pulled into a different world. A world unlike what she has ever known. Separated from Keiki, Yoko and her friends must do whatever they can if they wish to survive in this new world.

It wasn't on the list, and it's one of my favorite :)
May 13, 2008 2:08 AM

Dec 2007
Any anime with supernatural elements.
Aug 18, 2008 4:49 PM

Oct 2007
Heres my list:

chobits,
Fruits basket,
vampire princess,
Bleach,
Pretear,
Tenchi muyo
My Gaia's Name: Merleawe06
Oct 16, 2008 11:59 PM

Apr 2008
Star Ocean EX
Nov 3, 2008 2:44 PM

Oct 2008
Most fantasy animes I know are already in the list...
There is Natsume Yuujinchou:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4081/Natsume_Yuujinchou

It has a lot of magic and japanese fantasy characters (i.e. youkai).
So, it's fantasy, isn't it n_n?
Jan 24, 2010 5:49 AM

Jan 2010
majin tantei nougami neuro
kuroshitsuji
matantei loki
bleach
dll
Sep 2, 2012 1:43 PM
Aug 2012
my favorite fantasy anime is Zero No Tsukaima, there's four seasons to it ^_^
The Familiar of Zero
Futatsuki no Kishi
Princesses no Rondo
F

(: great anime :3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Fantasy Anime.

Yandere - Dec 14, 2007

29 by Sybill »»
Jun 8, 2010 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.